Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless mother forced to sleep in car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I want a new house that unkempt Asian family have kids out of wedlock in the house across the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

mick087 wrote: »
    If i sounded like i was ranting then good.

I dont care who someone is or how much they saved to buy a council house is a bloody disgrace, its sticking fingers up to all around you who you know carnt afford a home.
    Social housing council houses should never of been sold.

Nothing wrong with saving and buying a home if thats what you want, but not a council house, that should be owned by the state.

It is owned by the state. The citizens ARE the state. You and your rabble get laughed at by normal people. The “get everything, pay for nothing brigade”. Economically illiterate goons who think they’re “patriots” and “comrades”. While being little more than a humorous side show when these leeches are being evicted. Bleeding hearts with sucker tattooed across their foreheads for every junkie, scauldy and alkie to give a sob story to and get support because they’ve nothing else in their sad lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It is owned by the state. The citizens ARE the state. You and your rabble get laughed at by normal people. The “get everything, pay for nothing brigadeâ€. Economically illiterate goons who think they’re “patriots†and “comradesâ€. While being little more than a humorous side show when these leeches are being evicted. Bleeding hearts with sucker tattooed across their foreheads for every junkie, scauldy and alkie to give a sob story to and get support because they’ve nothing else in their sad lives.

Economic illiterates are those the believe the market can provide us with all our needs, and our economies are linear systems tending towards or away from equilibrium, while the humans stand around being rationally expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

jlm29 wrote: »
    This HAS to be a windup. If she paid her rent, she’d have over €500 a week left to feed and clothe her children, and pay her bills.
    Taking out €200 a week for food, which a very generous budget (and I say that as someone who shops for a family of 6 every week), that leaves €300 for bills and to clothe the children. It’s a lot of money to get through, bearing in mind she has no childcare, no cost of commuting to work, no uniforms or work clothes to buy.

Why do people think something is a wind up if someone dont agree.
    I have no idea of her financial affair.
    But i do know that many years ago i was on social welfare for about 5 weeks and we bloody struggled it caused problems within my relationship

Im sure if child minding was possible and a job payed a fair decent living wage then maybe things might be different.

Why do people think something is a wind up if someone dont agree.
    I have no idea of her financial affair.
    But i do know that many years ago i was on social welfare for about 5 weeks and we bloody struggled it caused problems within my relationship

Im sure if child minding was possible and a job payed a fair decent living wage then maybe things might be different.

Definetly on a wind up. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Trust me, it will, wouldn't have to deal with some of the filth that councils put in these estates

Your going to get good and bad everywhere.

Why am i?
    Why if i don't agree with your view is it a wind up?
    This is the 4th time now i been accused of this.

Tell me why am i a wind up?

There are people out there who need help.
    There are people who struggle.
    There are people who dont give a rats tail.

You want to think about what you said and what consequences it could have.

Then think of what could happen one day when people dont agree with you? Is your view then a wind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It is owned by the state.

No it’s not, council properties are owned by the local councils.

The citizens ARE the state.

No they’re not, the State is a sovereignty under which people are regarded as citizens of the State.

You and your rabble get laughed at by normal people. The “get everything, pay for nothing brigade”. Economically illiterate goons who think they’re “patriots” and “comrades”. While being little more than a humorous side show when these leeches are being evicted. Bleeding hearts with sucker tattooed across their foreheads for every junkie, scauldy and alkie to give a sob story to and get support because they’ve nothing else in their sad lives.

There’s quite a bit there, but seeing as you deign other people to be part of some economically illiterate rabble who imagine they’re “patriots” and “comrades”, your own rabble is strikingly similar in that not only is it a demonstration of economic illiteracy, but also you imagine other people aren’t as “patriotic” or “socially responsible” as you are. You’re a good citizen, other people are bad citizens, no personal responsibility and all about their entitlements, rabble rabble.

The thing is that the State has certain obligations towards people, that’s everyone btw, not just scaldys with a sob story, but also pull themselves up by their bootstraps, pigeon chested good citizens like yourself, even those with sad lives, to provide for and to protect those people. Successive economically illiterate Irish Governments have been failing miserably in fulfilling their obligations since the founding of the State, and that’s why we now find ourselves in a society where y’know, there are people like you in society, and there are people like the woman mentioned in the opening post - essentially, economically illiterate goons voting for economically illiterate goons who they imagine will give them what they feel they’re entitled to.

You’re essentially no different than the same people you’re critical of. It’s just you don’t see it due to your own blind spot. Your own being pissed off is nothing more than a humorous sideshow of virtue signalling and not much else. What does it actually do for anyone? It does nothing. It doesn’t affect anyone in any way, it won’t stop the fact that this woman and her family’s needs will be assessed on the same basis and the same criteria as all other applicants for whatever she is entitled to. It doesn’t mean that she isn’t entitled to point out to the council that while she doesn’t want to live on top of her family in the one overcrowded household, she doesn’t want to live fifty miles from them either.

Is she really being unreasonable? I don’t think so. I don’t imagine she’s any different from a lot of people who prefer to be close to their families. Is it unreasonable to expect that she and her children should continue to live in their car? Obviously not, and the Gardaí were understanding of her circumstances in enforcing the law and trying to find her and her family more suitable accommodation. It’s not ideal, but they should be congratulated for their efforts. They’re not family services nor are the the council, nor are they the State, but this woman has just as much right as you do to protest that the State has failed her and her family.

5th time now been called a wind up.
    Still no reason explanation to why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It's absolutely clear what you're doing.

• Advertisement

I'm not engaging and getting a ban. I'll let the mods, hopefully, deal with you.

If i sounded like i was ranting then good.

I dont care who someone is or how much they saved to buy a council house is a bloody disgrace, its sticking fingers up to all around you who you know carnt afford a home.
    Social housing council houses should never of been sold.

Nothing wrong with saving and buying a home if thats what you want, but not a council house, that should be owned by the state.

That’s me told! I’m living in a former council house built about 90 years ago on an acre of land. An acre was considered enough for a family to be self sufficient on. The couple who owned it kept a cow, pig and some sheep, hens and ducks. They had a kitchen garden for veg. There were no children in the family and when they were dead, the house, which they had bought out was sold to me in the early 80’s. I have reared my children there. And kept my greyhounds. All paid for by myself. What a fool I was!
    But. I can look around with pride in what I achieved. Two healthy, well educated young people. Both in good jobs. A house and car that I don’t owe a cent on.
    And to answer an earlier question, no. I’m not a high earner. Always earned just above minimum wage. It’s amazing what one can achieve by budgeting and living within ones means.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That’s me told! I’m living in a former council house built about 90 years ago on an acre of land. An acre was considered enough for a family to be self sufficient on. The couple who owned it kept a cow, pig and some sheep, hens and ducks. They had a kitchen garden for veg. There were no children in the family and when they were dead, the house, which they had bought out was sold to me in the early 80’s. I have reared my children there. And kept my greyhounds. All paid for by myself. What a fool I was!
    But. I can look around with pride in what I achieved. Two healthy, well educated young people. Both in good jobs. A house and car that I don’t owe a cent on.
    And to answer an earlier question, no. I’m not a high earner. Always earned just above minimum wage. It’s amazing what one can achieve by budgeting and living within ones means.

yeah but that requires actual effort which just doesn't suit some people.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Can I just say how absolutely hilarious it is that someone here is saying that she can’t afford to pay a measly €100 per month rent out of an income of €2300, I remember a time just a few short years ago when my monthly salary after tax was around €1800 a month and my half of the rent was €1,100 and I had to survive off that with absolutely no government hand outs and no pity parties for me.
    And I’m not the only one either.

The remainder of my salary had to cover my share of the electricity, tv & internet, my phone bill, weekly food shop, commuting expenses, health insurance and a loan repayment.
    It didn’t stretch very far, I can promise that, I had no pension and my savings were zilch because I was living hand to mouth.
    I couldn’t even afford to drive or run a car and I remember many a month running out of funds and having to walk to work (over an hours walk) because I couldn’t afford the bus fare.
    I was entitled to HAP but couldn’t find a property that would accept it, I had no medical card, no income supplement, basically nothing from the government to help whatsoever.

I have recently been temporarily laid off cause of covid-19 but before that I lucky to not be in such a precarious financial position, but it’s people on low/middle incomes like I was on that should be championed, not this total leech.
    She has been given enough opportunities to better herself and has f*cked them all up.
    At what point are we going to say enough is enough and actually give some help to the people who are working for a pittance but expected to pay upwards of €1800 a month on rent, who can’t save enough for a deposit or get mortgage approval?
    Where are the people championing their cause?
    Because they’re FAR more deserving of consideration and sympathy than this wagon is.

Yes your story i can well understand its a situation a lot of us are in myself included.
    But us complaining about this women wont change our situation. You say low income there is no reason for low incomes in todays world. The woman in the car i believe is protesting about her situation an idea could be if you was to protest maybe join a union for better pay working conditions, speak to your work colleagues see if they would support you.

No one seems to be champion her cause except herself. Right or wrong con woman or not she is making a satement a protest.

Yes your story i can well understand its a situation a lot of us are in myself included.
    But us complaining about this women wont change our situation. You say low income there is no reason for low incomes in todays world. The woman in the car i believe is protesting about her situation an idea could be if you was to protest maybe join a union for better pay working conditions, speak to your work colleagues see if they would support you.

No one seems to be champion her cause except herself. Right or wrong con woman or not she is making a satement a protest.

and you.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Thingymebob

On one hand Mick is claiming he’s a proponent of ‘self responsibility’, but on the other hand he’s saying she shouldn’t have to pay rent.

There are only two groups that deserve social housing; the working poor and the families who have long term caregiving responsibilities to ill or disabled family members. If your caregiving responsibilities are tied to your inability to use contraception then it’s best you go to work to cut down on the time you have for reproductive activities (which many workers don’t have the energy for after a hard days work).

A self supporting worker 100% deserves a better home than someone who hasn’t made a contribution to society, or indeed is a drain on society. I’m reluctant to recommend taking children into care, but equally when a generational culture creates endless cycles of state dependence, it’s perhaps time for the State to step in. I’d love to have €2,200 left after paying my accommodation costs but as I’m one of the suckers who gets up in the morning to work (and stays up til midnight studying to better myself), a free ride won’t be happening for me. If we all subscribed to Micks utopian views, we could all give up work and be handed a wad of cash and a roof over our heads because “You shouldn’t pay if you don’t work”. Guess what, someone has to work to generate the money you want to splash around like confetti. And I’ll be honest, I’m well past frustration. The party that tightens the purse strings to limit the gravy train for the feckless while tightening the screws on the fraudulent wanker bankers is the party I’ll vote for. The working poor and squeezed middle have had enough of being taken for fools

Great things have worked out well for you.
    When your family moved in was it a council house then or private?

If it was a council house when you moved in when you was not able to afford private or buy your own home.
    So at some point you brought a council house is that correct?
    So now someone in the same situation you was once in not able to afford buy a place would notbe able to get a council place because they have been sold.
    Council social housing should stay in the hands of local councils they should never of been allowed to sell them

Great things have worked out well for you.
    When your family moved in was it a council house then or private?

If it was a council house when you moved in when you was not able to afford private or buy your own home.
    So at some point you brought a council house is that correct?
    So now someone in the same situation you was once in not able to afford buy a place would notbe able to get a council place because they have been sold.
    Council social housing should stay in the hands of local councils they should never of been allowed to sell them

It would help if you actually read the post you are replying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

You are a perfect example of the many fine people in this country who came from humble backgrounds, worked hard, availed of measures introduced to improve standards of living and helped your children to get well educated. Unfortunately there are a group of wasters and scroungers , encouraged by professional left wing politicians and career charity workers, who are perfectly happy to live off the State and demand a standard of living far beyond what the decent hardworking people can achieve on their income from work.

and you.

:pac: It does seem that i am champion her i know.

I would like more facts first before i did champion her.
    What i would do is take her at her word for now.

• Advertisement

we are all taking her at her word. she was offered a house and turned it down because it wasn't in the location she wanted. that information comes from her.

Did you read the Times article? There was enough background in that! Now work calls. You know, that which provides the means to support oneself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Problem is she is like a certain percentage of this country and we are all sick of them. I normally call them wasters, I see other people have names for them as well.

They roll up and expect everything for free, if they dont get it they are crying on TV. They have no regard for anyone, not even their own children which are just a means of earning money. THe problem is these children grow up to be mini wasters and the cycle starts, only problem is waster mammmy have fired out a load of mini wasters because the childrens allowance is great to keep her in booze and fags. So now we have 6-7 mini waster, all with hands out looking for someone to pay for them to fire out more mini wasters.

The cycle is not stop. I dont give a sh*t what paper or TV she goes on, she should be told to cop the f**k on and move house or shut up. That is the options.

This is just another example of why children allowance should be capped on the number of children you have. I have a job, my wife has a job and like all our friend who have job we have to plan. We would love loads of kids but we cant affrod them. But not for the waster, fire out as many as possible because someone else will pay for them.

Cap it at 3, after that let them off. Take rent from source.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Put her up or shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Here’s my explanation. I don’t think anyone could be as naive, and as generous with tax payers money.
    I live in tipperary, with 4 kids, and one other adult, so our households are similar sizes, if one of her kids is 16 and practically an adult. So Our households could have similar running costs. If we didn’t have childcare and a mortgage to pay, we could live on far less than €2300 a month. Tbh, I think we could pay our childcare and run the household on it. If she can’t manage to pay her two figure Sum rent out of €2300 a month , she needs help to budget first and foremost.

You struggled to live on social welfare when you were on it, because you weren’t used to it. Because (I’d imagine from what you say) your income dropped suddenly when you were out of work, and your outgoings had been arranged according to your income, and you had financial commitments that you had taken on when you were in work. That’s a whole different ballgame from someone who doesn’t work and hasn’t worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I haven't read any of the posts in this thread but ye are all disgusting racists/sexists/hitlers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

JJayoo wrote: »
    I haven't read any of the posts in this thread but ye are all disgusting racists/sexists/hitlers

Jog on sunshine. :mad:

It would help if you actually read the post you are replying to.

I did read your post i just wanted to check if you was a council tenant before but you was not.

Your story is a success you did well as do many others.

I just don't believe council social hosing should be sold.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

JJayoo wrote: »

Still better then being a scrounger. Atleast we pay tax and provide for our kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

It is perfectly possible for everyone to have equal and fair decent housing the issue is some want a bigger house and belive they deserve a bigger house because of the income they earn.

But yes its totaly possible for all to have decent housing if the will was there.

You are away with the fairies!

I havent a notion what your post is trying to say. Like some of your other posts, they are nonsense.

Are you suggesting that people who can afford a bigger house, should not be allowed a bigger house? How is that an "issue"?.

I think you will find that the "issue" is actualy people who cant afford a house, demanding a free house where one doesnt exist while turning down a free house in an area which they deem unsuitable.

Beggars certainly can be choosers in Ireland.

Advertisement