Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless mother forced to sleep in car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'm not being funny but what does she want , anyone who returns home from abroad or whom is ejected from their parents to have immediate accommodation?

Like what is she expecting, a house to magically appear in the locality. If its not there is not there.

Does she think she should queue jump over low income workers who are paying rent (unlike herself) while waiting for a social house?

Alot of this story doesn't add up...

She wants a free house in the location she desires because she has spent her whole life being told she’s a victim.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You ever see that subreddit, r/amitheasshole?

She's the asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

She wants a free house in the location she desires because she has spent her whole life being told she’s a victim.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

I agree, actually had the post as what do people want, but it's clear from here most want her to get nothing.

I agree, actually had the post as what do people want, but it's clear from here most want her to get nothing.

I don’t think that’s the case. Most are agog at her barefaced cheek in, firstly not leaving one house without paying her rent. Then turning down a decent offer of a house, simply because it was 30 odd miles away from mammy. A traveller who won’t travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,893 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would she take one of those 6 houses that were built in Cabragh Bridge outside Thurles at a cost of €1.7 million that are sitting idle because they didn't have stables attached to them.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/they-want-us-to-drop-our-culture-and-throw-it-aside-traveller-families-wont-move-into-17m-homes-without-stables-and-land-37394115.html

Are they still idle? FFS selfish idiots turning down any home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are they still idle? FFS selfish idiots turning down any home

They are not idle, all occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I must read the Constitution.
    Does it say you get a free house with stables and grazing land beside your Mammy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I must read the Constitution.
    Does it say you get a free house with stables and grazing land beside your Mammy?
    It's there alright. Next to the part that says the good seafaring people of Malahide get a boat and mooring provided by the state if they ever fall on hard times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Not sure how many of you would be ok with moving over 50km from where all your family, and “support”

Are you high?

Hundreds of thousands of people in Ireland have had to do exactly this, paying their own way the whole way. My wife moved thousands of kilometres for a better life here, zero handouts, started contributing prsi within a week of arrival.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

She is not being forced. The End.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

My point is that many of us single mothers just get on with providing for our children. Pay our own way. Not sit back and whine for someone else to provide for us.

I believe that she wants her own way. Now. And not have to wait or pay much for it.

Yes many single mothers do and work bloody hard to and you have done yourself proud.
    But what is your issue with this woman, the fact you succeded and she didnt or the fact she wants help where as you didnt get any or ask for any.

I dont see why you knowing how difficult it is as a single mother could fault another single mother.

mick087 wrote: »
    Yes many single mothers do and work bloody hard to and you have done yourself proud.
    But what is your issue with this woman, the fact you succeded and she didnt or the fact she wants help where as you didnt get any or ask for any.

I dont see why you knowing how difficult it is as a single mother could fault another single mother.

The fact that she’s not trying. She was offered a perfectly good house but turned it down.
    The fact that she didn’t pay rent on a previous property.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

we the tax payer spend 1billion on this ethnic group p/a shes just looking for her share it the guverment thats trying to killing her
    But hey the electorate voted for those who wont mind throwing another billion at this s.....e at the expense of proper services

Offended by everything, Ashamed of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Offer her the gaff in clonmel again, if she says no then take the kids from her and leave her rot, but sure, nobody has the balls to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

This sentence does not make sense.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a gardener could fault another gardener.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a pensioner could fault another pensioner.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a child could fault another child.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a nurse could fault another nurse.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a father could fault another father.

Nope. Sorry. It never makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Says if she moved to Cashel she would never get to see her family, FFS you'd swear Tipperary was the size of Russia the way she was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Because Maryanne and other lone parents work their own behinds off to provide for their children, while others don’t bother their own h**e and expect the government to hand them a free house of their own choice! Do you not see anything wrong with that? Or are you saying that every working-class person should get a free house and a lifestyle sponsered by the middle- class? And for what reason exactly? Because some didn‘t get the same opportunity as others in life? What ever happend to the notion of self- responsibility in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This has happened may times before this and will continue to do so untill there is real equity for all.

Yes I fully agree, we should all get free houses in the exact place we want to live in.

It doesnt matter that we failed to pay rent on another property.

Real equity for all indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Lolle06 wrote: »
    What ever happend to the notion of self- responsibility in Ireland?
    long dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭KevRossi

She split up with the hisband and came back to Ireland. Moved in with the mother, had a row with her, but wants a house next door to her all the same.

Anybody got any idea what odds Paddy Power are giving on the husband showing up the day after she gets a house in Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Says if she moved to Cashel she would never get to see her family, FFS you'd swear Tipperary was the size of Russia the way she was going on.

Yeah, you‘d swear that she’d never been far away from her family, the way she is complaining about it now... Clare and England are not considered a far distance of course. Only Cashel.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

KevRossi wrote: »
    She split up with the hisband and came back to Ireland. Moved in with the mother, had a row with her, but wants a house next door to her all the same.

Anybody got any idea what odds Paddy Power are giving on the husband showing up the day after she gets a house in Nenagh?

The cxxt is probably hiding in the boot drinking cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This is it wrote: »
    Offered a house 50km away and refused it. Sort yourself out ffs. It's the kids I feel sorry for.

Not the first local authority house she's had either

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wow, the level of compassion in this thread. Although, you’d hardly expect anything less.

Even if this was a contrived “stunt”, it seems like it was the last resort for this mother. Not sure how many of you would be ok with moving over 50km from where all your family, and “support”, is.

Having to live in a car with 5 kids is an absolute disgrace and I can’t imagine how difficult it has been. Hopefully the council will “cop on” and find somewhere suitable for this woman and her family soon.

Until then, they should all be “put up” in a hotel.

Yeah thats right its everyones fault the state she is in except her own.

The council should cop on and tell her to do one, she is nothing but a leech just like Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Until then, they should all be “put up” in a hotel.

Feel free to post the cheque yourself so they can be "put up" in a hotel. I don't want my tax contributing to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

I wonder how often did she see them when she was living in London? God forbid she should use her car for driving, instead of sleeping in!

I might sound seem like a soft fool but im not. I would give anyone the benefit of the doubt to start with.

When addicts do ask me for anything first thing i do is i ask there name and then ask them are they getting any help. I engage with them talk to them treat the with some respect. Then id try to find out how they ended up how they did. I did do alot of work with homeless and people with addictions in the past unfortunately not so much now.

I would not help a chancer in fact id tell them where they could go if they was a chancer. But i believe in in giving anyone the benefit of doubt.

I don’t know how many pages there are since you’ve posted this but I have to say.....

You sound like a lovely person and would be a great friend to have. I mean that sincerely :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I don’t know how many pages there are since you’ve posted this but I have to say.....

You sound like a lovely person and would be a great friend to have. I mean that sincerely :)

Admit it Mick087 your her fella. Both are you are reading the board's posts laughing.

Advertisement