Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless mother forced to sleep in car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

ELM327 wrote: »
    That is the definition used by the lifetime dolers.
    You see, they don't understand the concept of pretax income. I earn a chunk more than that and am not loaded by any means.
    Someone on the dole with no partner and a few kids could easily get close to or surpass my net income after tax, in cash into their hands.

Same old story. The taxpayers salary is quoted as gross annual to make it sound bigger, the dole merchant is quoted as weekly without any add-ons to make it spund smaller. Net disposable income is an inconveniant comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Gruffalox wrote: »
    This sentence does not make sense.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a gardener could fault another gardener.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a pensioner could fault another pensioner.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a child could fault another child.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a nurse could fault another nurse.
    I don't see why you knowing how difficult it is to be a father could fault another father.

Nope. Sorry. It never makes sense.

You make your point well but maybe a bit over the top but i accept your point,

The fact that she’s not trying. She was offered a perfectly good house but turned it down.
    The fact that she didn’t pay rent on a previous property.

Do you know the reason she turned down the house?
    Do we know why she didnt pay the rent?

There could be many reasons why she turned the house down and the rent was not paid.
    If she was only on social welfare then i would understand as i for one could not live on socail welfare and pay rent.

Yes I fully agree, we should all get free houses in the exact place we want to live in.

It doesnt matter that we failed to pay rent on another property.

Real equity for all indeed.

It is perfectly possible for everyone to have equal and fair decent housing the issue is some want a bigger house and belive they deserve a bigger house because of the income they earn.

But yes its totaly possible for all to have decent housing if the will was there.

mick087 wrote: »
    If she was only on social welfare then i would understand as i for one could not live on socail welfare and pay rent.

It's council rent. It's like €25 a week for someone in her position, and the Council take care of all maintenance, boiler servicing, window and door upgrades, central heating issues, etc. It's a bargain, even if you're only on €100 a week you'd still make sure to pay it if you weren't a parasite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Do you know the reason she turned down the house?
    Do we know why she didnt pay the rent?

There could be many reasons why she turned the house down and the rent was not paid.

Do you realise that the rent On a council house is calculated as a portion of her weekly income? And that there’s allowances made against the figure for her dependants. And that that weekly income used to calculate this would be exclusive of child benefit? I know it’s different everywhere, but Her rent was most likely a very nominal amount. A token as it were. And her child benefit is €700 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

It is perfectly possible for everyone to have equal and fair decent housing the issue is some want a bigger house and belive they deserve a bigger house because of the income they earn.

And then there is another group who want a bigger house and believe they deserve a bigger house because of the income the group you described earn. The leeching class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

But yes its totaly possible for all to have decent housing if the will was there.

Selective use of words there to suit your agenda.

It's not just the "decent" house that this particular parasite requires - it's a decent house that must be in a specific location.

Lolle06 wrote: »
    Because Maryanne and other lone parents work their own behinds off to provide for their children, while others don’t bother their own h**e and expect the government to hand them a free house of their own choice! Do you not see anything wrong with that? Or are you saying that every working-class person should get a free house and a lifestyle sponsered by the middle- class? And for what reason exactly? Because some didn‘t get the same opportunity as others in life? What ever happend to the notion of self- responsibility in Ireland?

Maybe Maryanne job pays a decent wage and the girl in thr car carnt get a job that pays a fair decent wage, maybe she can only get a minimum wage job.

Im saying we should all have a decent home to live rich or poor and there is no reason this carnt be achieved if the will was there, But at the moment not enough people want or belive this so we have those with and those without for some time to come.

Im a big beliver in self- responsibility i would be all for that. Your right some people dont get the same opportunites as others and these people seem to come from less privallged backgrounds.

It's council rent. It's like €25 a week for someone in her position, and the Council take care of all maintenance, boiler servicing, window and door upgrades, central heating issues, etc. It's a bargain, even if you're only on €100 a week you'd still make sure to pay it if you weren't a parasite.

I agree is a great deal
    Would you not like a deal like that?
    If you do want a better deal, dont sit there maoning and criticizing get out there and fight for a better deal for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"too far from her family"

Family. Tribe. Warband. Feudal settlement. Not sure the word family does it justice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭combat14

jlm29 wrote: »
    Do you realise that the rent On a council house is calculated as a portion of her weekly income? And that there’s allowances made against the figure for her dependants. And that that weekly income used to calculate this would be exclusive of child benefit? I know it’s different everywhere, but Her rent was most likely a very nominal amount. A token as it were. And her child benefit is €700 a month.

and then ppl dont even pay the nominal amount! free houses for life....

jlm29 wrote: »

Yes im well aware of the way the rent would work.
    If she is not working then there shouldnt be a nominal amount.
    There is no reason in 2020 that there is fair and affordable housing for all.
    This woman has been found guilty tried and excuted before all the facts are on the table.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    And then there is another group who want a bigger house and believe they deserve a bigger house because of the income the group you described earn. The leeching class.

The leeching class is harsh. Yes there are people who do milk the system but they are few and in between,
    If we was to spend more time tracking down landlords who take cash of tenants to avoid paying tax then the unpaid social housing rents would be found many times over.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

This woman has been found guilty tried and excuted before all the facts are on the table.

All facts are on the dashboard.

Selective use of words there to suit your agenda.

It's not just the "decent" house that this particular parasite requires - it's a decent house that must be in a specific location.

Does she want to be near her family and friends?
    Do the kids have school near by?
    Is her Dr near by?

There are many reasons she wants a house somewhere else.
    Im hoping your a young chap or lady to call her a parasite, there is no need for that, you have no idea what her life circumstances are. So bare that in mind when you use such strong wording.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Isn’t there new homes down in Tipperary that her culture cousins refused to go into?
    Away to Tipp with you girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That's a fairly new Vauxhall by the looks of it

How does a homeless person acquire the means to own that?

I agree is a great deal
    Would you not like a deal like that?
    If you do want a better deal, dont sit there maoning and criticizing get out there and fight for a better deal for yourself.

My house is an ex council house. I bought it from them. Will cost me more long term (much, much more) but it'll be mine and it'll open options if i want to sell it to move elsewhere or use it as equity to do something down the line, or just want the peace of knowing I'll always have a "forever" home that I paid for by getting out of bed and going to work.

I've a job, I've goals and plans, and I'm proud of myself for not being a Cash or Joyce when the option to do so was directly in front of me (and surrounds me every day).

You quite literally couldn't pay me to be that hopeless and piss my life away with my hand out. I feel embarrassed for people like this, that will never really amount to anything or be much more than a scourge.

My estate is a typical council sihthole where the opportunity to be a life long waster is the go-to for many people, but despite that, lots and lots of us managed to make something of our lives and contribute to the world around us, rather than tugging at sleeves looking for handouts.

There's no excuse for being a waster in this country, except sheer laziness and an acknowledgement that the government genuinely reward the wasters.

What pride or dignity is there in being like this Joyce one, or that Cash waste of time. I'd be ashamed to be seen in public if it were me.

EDIT: For clarity, I'm not making big money, or driving a super car, or living in a mansion. It's all pretty bottom of the barrel stuff, but it's my stuff and I worked for it, and earned it. I've no issue with council housing, or the dole or whatever, but I do have issue with people who just want to take, take, take. Imagine not paying rent and still having the neck to actually turn down a freebie house because it's an hour from where you'd like. It's disgusting.

Isn’t there new homes down in Tipperary that her culture cousins refused to go into?
    Away to Tipp with you girl.

She's already in Tipperary. Those houses are probably 12km away from the house she really wants though. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My house is an ex council house. I bought it from them. Will cost me more long term (much, much more) but it'll be mine and it'll open options if i want to sell it to move elsewhere or use it as equity to do something down the line, or just want the peace of knowing I'll always have a "forever" home that I paid for by getting out of bed and going to work.

I've a job, I've goals and plans, and I'm proud of myself for not being a Cash or Joyce when the option to do so was directly in front of me (and surrounds me every day).

You quite literally couldn't pay me to be that hopeless and piss my life away with my hand out. I feel embarrassed for people like this, that will never really amount to anything or be much more than a scourge.

My estate is a typical council sihthole where the opportunity to be a life long waster is the go-to for many people, but despite that, lots and lots of us managed to make something of our lives and contribute to the world around us, rather than tugging at sleeves looking for handouts.

There's no excuse for being a waster in this country, except sheer laziness and an acknowledgement that the government genuinely reward the wasters.

What pride or dignity is there in being like this Joyce one, or that Cash waste of time. I'd be ashamed to be seen in public if it were me.

EDIT: For clarity, I'm not making big money, or driving a super car, or living in a mansion. It's all pretty bottom of the barrel stuff, but it's my stuff and I worked for it, and earned it. I've no issue with council housing, or the dole or whatever, but I do have issue with people who just want to take, take, take. Imagine not paying rent and still having the neck to actually turn down a freebie house because it's an hour from where you'd like. It's disgusting.

You were cursed with the sense of shame

They don't have that affliction and can carry on regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

The leeching class is harsh. Yes there are people who do milk the system but they are few and in between,
    If we was to spend more time tracking down landlords who take cash of tenants to avoid paying tax then the unpaid social housing rents would be found many times over.
    While tax evasion is wrong and a threat to the country, what does it have to do with you and this situation?

No you dont piss your life away, but you have you pissed your kids future away? You brought a council house, that to me is a bloody disgrace. Council homes are for people who carnt afford to buy. So now you and others like you have brought up the council houses and now so few left. so tell me where are your kids and gran kids gonna live? Not in a council house thats for sure.

You call this woman a waster i think you have a neck you brought a council house, indoing so you have **** on all the folk who carnt afford a home.

Do you know how many council homes end up in the hands of private landlords?
    Or do you even care?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

No you dont piss your life away, but you have you pissed your kids future away? You brought a council house, that to me is a bloody disgrace. Council homes are for people who carnt afford to buy. So now you and others like you have brought up the council houses and now so few left. so tell me where are your kids and gran kids gonna live? Not in a council house thats for sure.

You call this woman a waster i think you have a neck you brought a council house, indoing so you have **** on all the folk who carnt afford a home.

Or do you even care?
    Wow that is one string of ****ty comments.
    How dare you judge someone like that, your comments are the bloody disgrace. Talk about high and mighty!

That person saved up and bought that house fair and square and by the sounds of it they work their @rse off to pay a mortgage. Your blaming posters like this for this woman not being able to afford her own place?!
    I am in exactly the same position I saved for years to afford a deposit and my house is an ex council house as well.

Would you rather have this woman in it? Would she even pay the tiny amount of rent due to the council probably not... she clearly hasn't in the past...besides you don't think she should have to pay anything!

Oh come on now.

If she is claiming One Parent Family Payment and child benefit, she has income of over €2300 free and clear tax free from social welfare every month.

And you think she shouldn't have to contribute €25 per week towards housing herself and her kids?

So who do you think should pay for her? Where is the father of these children?

I agree with those who say the children should be removed and placed in care until such time as she agrees to take what is offered. The schools and her family are excuses. The children haven't been in school for months and her family kicked her out!

Its a stunt, pure and simple and anyone who falls for it, more fool you.

And for the record, I am a single mother. Its single mothers who behave like this one that give the rest of us a bad name.

Enough of this type of carry on, and shame on that journalist for writing the article.

but you have you pissed your kids future away? You brought a council house, that to me is a bloody disgrace. Council homes are for people who carnt afford to buy. So now you and others like you have brought up the council houses and now so few left.

493.jpg

gmisk wrote: »
    Wow that is one string of ****ty comments.
    How dare you judge someone like that.

That person saved up and bought that house fair and square and by the sounds of it they work their @rse off to pay a mortgage. Your blaming posters like this for this woman not being able to afford her own place?!
    I am in exactly the same position I saved for years to afford a deposit and my house is an ex council house as well.

Would you rather have this woman in it? Would she pay the tiny amount of rent probably not she clearly hasn't in the past...besides you don't think she should have to pay anything!

If i sounded like i was ranting then good.

I dont care who someone is or how much they saved to buy a council house is a bloody disgrace, its sticking fingers up to all around you who you know carnt afford a home.
    Social housing council houses should never of been sold.

Nothing wrong with saving and buying a home if thats what you want, but not a council house, that should be owned by the state.

Or do you even care?

I don't have kids. I couldn't afford to give children a decent and respectable upbringing. It would most certainly push me to the poverty line. So instead of bringing children into a crap upbringing and leaning every opportunity against them from the word go, I'd rather not have them at all.

In relation to buying a council house, I've no issue with it. Council houses are generational anyway. If council houses were legitimately reviewed and taken back off people on a recurring basis, then I would agree the sale of them is a poor idea. As it stands, I own my house, but the same families are in the same houses since this estate was built. Their kids will get them when the parents die, and so on. Aside from rare circumstances, no one else gets a council house that's already been given out anyway.

In my area it only happens when someone's been forced out due to anti social behaviour, or there's a sudden death and the (adult children) can't stake a claim to the house. In the normal course of people's lives, houses are not given to other families and are treated as 'forever homes' by everyone that gets one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    farmers work their holes off, many probably work at least 12 hour days at the moment

12 hours and the rest. All while the skivers on the oul disability are scratching their holes in their free council houses :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

BattleCorp wrote: »
    She knows that if she plays this game long enough, the bleeding hearts will give her a 'foreva home' in a location of her choosing.

Load of b0llix is what it is. Leave her in the fcuking car.

Erica Flemming is a shining beacon for this.

Advertisement