Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Go direct to the source. Listen to what Trump says and the words he uses rather than relying on the MSM to tell you the narrative, how you should think and feel. These violent mobs trying to burn down America is the result of people being manipulated by the mass produced mainstream media that are ultimately controlled by evil people at the top.

I did ... My life has changed significantly after grabbing my boss by the pussy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

So is what Trump said antisemitic? Neither of them should have said what they did. Why are you trying to excuse one while condemning the other? Or is it okay to be antisemitic because being Jewish is a "choice"?

Not everything that is wrong is the same type of wrong...

In the current climate where a lot of the democratic party are rabidly pro-Palestine as well as anti-Israel I'd say Trump's statement isn't anti-semitic but it's not a statement I would agree with. I'm sure plenty of people will snip my post and 'prove' how anti-semitic his statement was while ignoring the climate in which it was said.

Although both may be deemed offensive, what trump said != what Biden said.
    There are different levels of offence.
    • You're not black if you can't dance. That's racist.
    • You ain't black if you don't vote democrat. That's racist.
    • You're disloyal to the church because you don't attent mass. Offensive, not racist.
    • You're disloyal to the church if you vote democrat. Offensive, not racist.
    • Jews are disloyal to Israel if they vote democrat. Offensive, not racist.

1. Being disloyal is not the same as charge as not existing. You're not black is not the same as you're disloyal to Israel.

2. Attacking someone because they're black is not the same as being jewish. Black is part of an identity. Judaism is not just an identity, but also a belief structure; the context of what Trump is saying is clear. The democrats both in the US and the UK recently have had serious charges of anti-semitism against them.

3. Trump used the qualifiers 'in my opinion' 'I think' whereas Biden used his words as a matter of fact.

I'm sure you'll continue to ignore all this and ask me another loaded question that doesn't address anything I've actually said. We've been living in a clown world for so long people need to be reminded what racist means. "Oh, but Trump" just doesn't fly here.

Admit it; move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

My bad, liberals are now apparently white supremacists as well according to BLM. That’s the power of the fake mainstream media in today’s world.

Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Go direct to the source. Listen to what Trump says and the words he uses rather than relying on the MSM to tell you the narrative, how you should think and feel. These violent mobs trying to burn down America is the result of people being manipulated by the mass produced mainstream media that are ultimately controlled by evil people at the top.

Trumps own words both direct from his Twitter account and the transcripts of his interviews/public performances show him for what he is. He utterly unfit to hold any office let alone POTUS. No media filter required. You either won't see what he is or know exactly what he is but don't care because you believe he backs your warped view of the world. As the Mango Mussolini would say "Sad"!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Youre lucky it wasnt a six hour video that was posted along with "Heres your proof"

You still havent told us what news sources you would recommend so that we can avoid the "fake mainstream media". Would you kindly enlighten us to your sources of media that would help posters here avoid all this fake news?

Not a record though

We once had someone post (in the CT forum) something along the lines of 27 hours of videos and then got pìssed off when we refused to watch them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

2u2me wrote: »
    Do you think "You're not christian if you don't eat communion"
    Is the same as "You're not black if you don't vote democrat"?

Do you see how these are different?

It was trump that said it.
    You are welcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,749 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We have his tweets.

It's going to be really interesting when he loses and his followers have to adapt to their hero being a loser in yet another way.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

We have his tweets.

It's going to be really interesting when he loses and his followers have to adapt to their hero being a loser in yet another way.

It will all be someone else's fault: Soros, MSM, Hilary Clinton, voter fraud, etc, etc, etc...

We have his tweets.

Sort of fitting though given all the businesses he's started that simply failed rapidly. When you think about the midterms, his fall has been way more dramatic for past two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I do listen to what Trump says and the words he uses. That's how I form the opinion he's a terrible human being. The rest of your post is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ollkiller wrote: »
    I do listen to what Trump says and the words he uses. That's how I form the opinion he's a terrible human being. The rest of your post is nonsense.

Why do Trump zealots always think that people form their opinions from watching the news? Do they not realise that we have access to his speeches that he gives live? We have access to his rallies live? We have access to his tweets?

I have never watched CNN, FOX etc, I watch him.live via the whitehouse feed, as unbiased a source as you can get when it comes to watching Trumps speeches/rallies/pressers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

" It’s hard for people to appreciate that there’s a set of voters who are open to concerns about racial equality, but it’s not their top priority. They also are very concerned about order. Think of somebody who might be an Obama-turned-Trump voter. In the ’60s, there were people who supported the Democratic candidate after the passage of the Civil Rights Act [in July 1964]. But they joined the law and order coalition after the period between 1964 and 1968 when there was a lot more violent protest. These voters are influential because they move between parties and because they are in swing states.

[...]

In the 1960s, leaders of the civil rights movement were incredibly focused on how to get their message out to the whole country and used protest as a means to gain influence. What they found was that large, peaceful demonstrations without conflict didn’t interest the press. A New York Times reporter covering a march in Mississippi said something along the lines of “no blood, no guts, no glory.” The key idea is that nonviolence was often not enough to generate the kind of attention that was necessary to create a national crisis.

To create a sense of crisis, it became necessary to engage in this very strategic kind of nonviolent protest, which was for protestors to become the object of state violence. Activists picked places like Birmingham and Selma because there were these police chiefs with a hair trigger for violence who would engage in brutal repression in front of cameras. That would shock the conscience of these otherwise indifferent or even hostile actors outside the South. It changed public opinion.

If you’re an activist on the ground thinking about and angry about this injustice against George Floyd and a long history of police violence in this country against African Americans, if you want to put that at the center of the national conversation, it’s important to be thinking about this: Is what we are doing on the ground elevating the justice frame or elevating the riots frame?"

Omar Wasow

This is his recent report in full linking violent protests with changes in voting patterns.

Which frame do you guys think is being elevated by the 'protests'. We have many people shot and murdered including kids by rioters.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,982 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CowboyTed wrote: »
    The 'defund the police' statement is not about abolishing the police...

The police in US are carrying the can for a lot of other social problems.

Here is the Dallas Chief talking about it:
    https://qz.com/729378/dallas-police-chief-david-brown-were-asking-cops-to-do-too-much-in-this-country/

They are not equipped or trained to perform these duties and many cases there approach as law enforcers is wrong. An example is mental health issues, US has consistently underfunded mental health issues especially in Red States, Police are the ones that have to deal with those problems and some case the person is armed.

Instead of militarising the police they actually take some of that budget and put it into other areas... That is the approach put forward and is the one Biden pushing a discussion around...

What is the need of a machine like this for policing:
    army-photo-superior-telegram.jpg?itok=ZvRlY7jh

On top of the US police are receiving more aggressive training:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETf7NJOMS6Y

Grossman is an ex US Ranger who is one of the top police trainers.... How about defunding that?

Mona Wang, Canada, her boyfriend called police because she was having a mental breakdown

Police there did what they were trained to do and roughed her up for her worry

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-mona-wang-protest-1.5638114

It’s not strictly just the US but herein you have a perfect illustration of what you’re talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Brian? wrote: »
    Why? Because he was narcissist who can't stand even the slightest criticism.

I would love to see Trump's legal bills, he sues more people that anyone else in the US.

Strangely it is not high as you think...

Stay with me, Micheal Cohen went to one of the worst law schools in America, they even talked about revoking them. Crap law school degrees are a dime a dozen in US.

So he gets Cohen for peanuts... His job is to bury opposition in paperwork while they have to use real lawyers...

Cohen was the best of them (well most trusted) and he probably had a few more and call them the claims dept.

I say his auld lad came up with this, too smart for Donny...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Admit it, you love Trump because he's the one person who makes you feel intelligent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

OMG this reads so bad for you. You actually listen to Trumps speeches etc directly and you still support him ? If you came here claiming to only hear the info second hand via MSM and came to your own conclusion from that narrow perspective it would merely make you look a bit dim for not recognizing the influence. But saying you actually support the man having watched and listened to him first hand makes me think a whole lot less of you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yep. I've been watching a lot lately. I watched the daily coronavirus taskforce pressers which had to be stopped due to the big stupid mouth on him. Asking silly things like I wonder is there some way to inject disinfectant into you to get rid of coronavirus.

I've watched the Tulsa rally, and the other one (in a college, can't remember where), his july 4th speeches too
    He is an extremist, a racist, and he inflames his followers. He deals in fear "fear the foreigner" was his gig back in 216 when he was running. For 2020 it is now "fear the mob".

His tweets are a disgrace. Nascar takes a stand in banning the confederate flag and he goes the opposite way. How helpful is that for his country? It appears he wants to bring the USA backwards rather than forwards.
    Retweeting the "white Power" video, that he apparently didn't realise that was said...it was blatantly clear

He has no skills in how to lead, how to inspire, how to encourage, how to help a country going through some pretty extreme stuff.

No one is perfect. But Jesus Christ, he is the opposite of everything America needs right now. He is an evil narcissist.

Oh and he is a total hypocrite. Holding the bible up outside a church. His church every Sunday is the golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I believe there is a Supreme Court case sometime this week about releasing Trumps tax returns. Anyone know if they are likely to get released before the election?

If not a leaking of them would be explosive given his dealings in Russia and how he did nothing when he found out Putin was putting bounties on the lives of American soldiers. The tax returns tie two very serious issues together and if they leak I would say he is toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Wow. They are putting out some stunning political ads.

https://twitter.com/RVAT2020/status/1280486725165502464

amdublin wrote: »
    Yep. I've been watching a lot lately. I watched the daily coronavirus taskforce pressers which had to be stopped due to the big stupid mouth on him. Asking silly things like I wonder is there some way to inject disinfectant into you to get rid of coronavirus.

I've watched the Tulsa rally, and the other one (in a college, can't remember where), his july 4th speeches too
    He is an extremist, a racist, and he inflames his followers. He deals in fear "fear the foreigner" was his gig back in 216 when he was running. For 2020 it is now "fear the mob".

His tweets are a disgrace. Nascar takes a stand in banning the confederate flag and he goes the opposite way. How helpful is that for his country? It appears he wants to bring the USA backwards rather than forwards.
    Retweeting the "white Power" video, that he apparently didn't realise that was said...it was blatantly clear

He has no skills in how to lead, how to inspire, how to encourage, how to help a country going through some pretty extreme stuff.

No one is perfect. But Jesus Christ, he is the opposite of everything America needs right now. He is an evil narcissist.

Oh and he is a total hypocrite. Holding the bible up outside a church. His church every Sunday is the golf course.

You are right... The cycle seems to be Trump does something and then his lackies spent days cleaning it up..

His worse mistakes in the last few months have been himself unfiltered in front of a camera.

As fro the Golf, nothing wrong with golf on Sunday but I am not looking to run for Galway City Council by holding a bible in front of St. Francis Church.... Some people here in Galway might find that highly offensive....

• Advertisement

hmmm wrote: »
    Wow. They are putting out some stunning political ads.

https://twitter.com/RVAT2020/status/1280486725165502464

That one is very good... I thought Lincoln Project was making the best one but that one must really speak to Moderate GOP...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I believe there is a Supreme Court case sometime this week about releasing Trumps tax returns. Anyone know if they are likely to get released before the election?

If not a leaking of them would be explosive given his dealings in Russia and how he did nothing when he found out Putin was putting bounties on the lives of American soldiers. The tax returns tie two very serious issues together and if they leak I would say he is toast.

It depends on how they rule in the 2 cases before them.

You have Congress looking for access to his taxes so they can determine if there is any risk in there from outside influence - Ostensibly to verify the robustness of the oversight process.

You then have New York looking for his financial records from Deutsche Bank relating to his payments to Stormy et al.

If NY win their case , the general public probably won't see anything this side of the Election as the info will only be released to the Grand Jury and the case likely won't see the inside of a court-room before November.

However if the House win their case , they'll be getting read into the Public record at a congressional hearing within days.

The NY case is the stronger by far and they will on balance probably win , but equally Trump avoids exposure of potentially bad information before the Election.

The House case is weaker and they didn't make a great job during the hearings with SCOTUS.

They will probably not get a straight up win , one of two things are far more likely.

Either , They flat out deny the rights of the House in this case or the Supreme court kicks it back down to the lower court.

If they kick it back down , it could take a while for that review to be heard etc. again possibly giving Trump cover until after the Election.

My vote is for an NY win and for the House case to get punted back down to the lower court.

It then becomes a race to see if either side can clear the pathway to making the information public before November.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Quin_Dub wrote: »

My vote is for an NY win and for the House case to get punted back down to the lower court.

It then becomes a race to see if either side can clear the pathway to making the information public before November.

I'd expect a plea bargain in the NY case should the SDNY win. Trump2016 campaign to pay a fine for inept disclosure or whatever. I don't believe there's a really strong criminal case here. Time will tell.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Igotadose wrote: »
    I'd expect a plea bargain in the NY case should the SDNY win. Trump2016 campaign to pay a fine for inept disclosure or whatever. I don't believe there's a really strong criminal case here. Time will tell.

You might be right - But will a plea bargain also include the suppression of the information?

I guess if it never goes to court it might - What's potentially more important , getting the "win" or getting the information out in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Quin_Dub wrote: »

That has to be the main aim of the game, if they can link him to Russian mafia and money laundering over that Trump tower in Moscow then that would be explosive in light of how soft he was on Putin last week. The suspicion is he is in Putins pocket at his tax returns could blow that wide open.

Whats the chances of a leak or are all these documents sealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

amdublin wrote: »

The daily coronavirus taskforce pressers were informative and were needed at the time. Never before was a whole economy deliberately shut down. The people needed to be kept up to date. Trump has a business mentality, he was throwing out ideas when he mentioned disinfectant. He should have been more careful in his choice of words, especially when faced with a media that turn every word he says upside down.

The media keep trying to label him as a racist but he would make the worst racist ever when you look at his record. Compare him to the democratic party and then you will find who the real racists are.

The confederate flag is part of the American history. History should be remembered, both the good and the bad, otherwise history will repeat itself. Remember it was the democratic party that supported the confederates and they have a reason to hide that part of their history.

Trump comes across as a strong leader and someone willing and very much able to stand up to the left wing cultural Marxist media. Remember this is the mainstream media that have vilified the straight white Christian male for decades. Trying to bring together all the so called suppressed minorities in the free western world, using the media to propaganda how oppressed their lives are and using the straight white Christian male as their common enemy.

Now we have a leader who stands up to the corrupt media. It is mainly young people have been brainwashed by the mainstream media and are attacking their country, carrying out violent acts. However there is a silent majority in America that see what the media are doing and they will not be intimated by those lost souls out protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

The confederate flag is part of the American history. History should be remembered, both the good and the bad, otherwise history will repeat itself.

Sooo.. Germany should put a swastika in their flag to prevent it from rounding up jews in the future ... got it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The daily coronavirus taskforce pressers were informative and were needed at the time. Never before was a whole economy deliberately shut down. The people needed to be kept up to date. Trump has a business mentality, he was throwing out ideas when he mentioned disinfectant. He should have been more careful in his choice of words, especially when faced with a media that turn every word he says upside down.

The media keep trying to label him as a racist but he would make the worst racist ever when you look at his record. Compare him to the democratic party and then you will find who the real racists are.

The confederate flag is part of the American history. History should be remembered, both the good and the bad, otherwise history will repeat itself. Remember it was the democratic party that supported the confederates and they have a reason to hide that part of their history.

Trump comes across as a strong leader and someone willing and very much able to stand up to the left wing cultural Marxist media. Remember this is the mainstream media that have vilified the straight white Christian male for decades. Trying to bring together all the so called suppressed minorities in the free western world, using the media to propaganda how oppressed their lives are and using the straight white Christian male as their common enemy.

Now we have a leader who stands up to the corrupt media. It is mainly young people have been brainwashed by the mainstream media and are attacking their country, carrying out violent acts. However there is a silent majority in America that see what the media are doing and they will not be intimated by those lost souls out protesting.

So much of what you said here is wrong. Not only that, it has been pointed out to you in the past why it's wrong. And yet, you still repeat this nonsense.

If this was a turing test, you would fail. A competent AI could at least recognise that the information that they had in their database was incorrect and update it.

For some reason, you either can't or choose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

weisses wrote: »
    Sooo.. Germany should put a swastika in their flag to prevent it from rounding up jews in the future ... got it

Don't be silly. He wants a union Jack in the top left corner of our flag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trump has a business mentality, he was throwing out ideas when he mentioned disinfectant.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement