Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads my ps plus doesn’t run out til November. If I buy the year now will it go until November 2021 or is the deal only for non members?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lads my ps plus doesn’t run out til November. If I buy the year now will it go until November 2021 or is the deal only for non members?

You can buy now and it'll add the 12 months on to the end date of your own subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty sure it'll go until Nov 2021. Once you add any months to your PS+, it stacks on top of however many months you have left regardless of how or when you purchased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Any leaks for July yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bit early for that. Closer to the end of the month maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Would you prefer to know all the free games at the start of the year? or do you like the surprise element of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭tigger123

The announcement will be Wednesday, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tigger123 wrote: »

Nope, next week as first Tuesday of July is 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jface187 wrote: »
    Would you prefer to know all the free games at the start of the year? or do you like the surprise element of every month.

I like the surprise. They're the only presents/surprises I get these days anyway so might as well enjoy them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

I would imagine sony don't even know the whole years line up in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Saw an article there saying that we're coming up on the 10year anniversary of PS+

I still remember hearing about getting announced and trying to figure out the catch in getting 2 free games a month (mind you at the time I thought it was you pick 2 games you wanted :P )

I remember for the 5th anniversary they sent out a little plaque with your stats which was nice if you'd been a member the whole time, wonder if they will do anything if you've been a member for 10 years?

RedXIV wrote: »
    Saw an article there saying that we're coming up on the 10year anniversary of PS+

I still remember hearing about getting announced and trying to figure out the catch in getting 2 free games a month (mind you at the time I thought it was you pick 2 games you wanted :P )

I remember for the 5th anniversary they sent out a little plaque with your stats which was nice if you'd been a member the whole time, wonder if they will do anything if you've been a member for 10 years?

10 years of arguments, eh? Jeez, how time flies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Seen in a few places rumours of Crash Trilogy, RE7 and No Man's Sky as next months games. To be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NBA 2K20 is good but recently on sale for 3 dollars and 10 euro, you'd want to pump about 40 euro into it to get your player to an acceptable level if you wanted to play the online streetball or just have a good player in career mode.

At least give Shadow of the TR. if it's a big anniversary.

Erica looks reaaaallly interesting.

https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/erica

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    NBA 2K20 is good but recently on sale for 3 dollars and 10 euro, you'd want to pump about 40 euro into it to get your player to an acceptable level if you wanted to play the online streetball or just have a good player in career mode.

At least give Shadow of the TR. if it's a big anniversary.

Erica looks reaaaallly interesting.

https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/erica

NBA 2K20 was down as low as €4.99 a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I've gotten Tomb Raider multiple times for cents in bundles, NBA 2k20 is worthless

I'm getting real sick of getting force fed american rubbiish like NBA and MLB as if anyone in europe cares but I guess it's indicative of sony as a whole these days

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty disappointing alright. Anyone even remotely into basketball likely would have picked up the NBA game long before now given how often it's on sale, and the Tomb Raider game is so old the only one who'd be looking for it is Lara.

Admittedly never heard of the third one, so can't really comment.

With their big 10 year anniversary of PS+, it's a shame the thing I'm looking forward to most is the free theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I hate being the person that moans about free games....but im gonna moan.

However i will try out Erica, so there may be salvaging something from the selection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Somewhat boring choices yet again, its been a bad few months for ps plus games

Wasnt there a Tomb Raider game for PS4 a few years ago on PS Plus?

Where does this new game fit with that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at the list of previous games, the 2013 Tomb Raider which is a reboot was on PS3. This one is the 3rd in the reboot series. Rise of the Tomb Raider comes before this one

Sweet, will def enjoy that.

Pretty good month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looking at the list of previous games, the 2013 Tomb Raider which is a reboot was on PS3. This one is the 3rd in the reboot series. Rise of the Tomb Raider comes before this one

It’s Rise that’s free this month. Shadow is the third one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rise of the Tomb Raider is IMO all that’s wrong with AAA games. Stunning visually, but insipid design-wise - full of busy work, needless mechanical fluff, and so much dull, repetitive combat it becomes a farce. Also tries for the Naughty Dog style of storytelling, but falls far short.

A bad game, TBH, although from what I’ve heard the subsequent one was even worse (albeit from what I can gather was a quickie sequel put together by a different studio).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I played TR last year, thought it was ok for that kind of thing and honestly can't remember a thing about it (except that it's ok, I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,678 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Rise of the Tomb Raider is IMO all that’s wrong with AAA games. Stunning visually, but insipid design-wise - full of busy work, needless mechanical fluff, and so much dull, repetitive combat it becomes a farce. Also tries for the Naughty Dog style of storytelling, but falls far short.

A bad game, TBH, although from what I’ve heard the subsequent one was even worse (albeit from what I can gather was a quickie sequel put together by a different studio).

Rise was pretty good to be fair imo. I enjoyed it quite a lot. Somewhat disposable after the fact which maybe reinforces your point. Shadow was mind numbingly boring though and I'd argue was more like a game that you're describing. It was so bad at a few points that I was skipping dialogue just to move it on. Bland. Dull. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,678 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sieghardt wrote: »
    I've gotten Tomb Raider multiple times for cents in bundles, NBA 2k20 is worthless

I'm getting real sick of getting force fed american rubbiish like NBA and MLB as if anyone in europe cares but I guess it's indicative of sony as a whole these days

Yeah the US stuff is dirt. You've hit the nail on the head though in that those with even remote interest would have it given the sales its been through.

I'd love to see choices in PS Plus each month for each selection. Their back catalogue is huge they could easily give four games and you pick two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bought NBA 2k when it was like 4 euro 2 months ago. I don't recommend it, like all the 2k games it just pushes that VC crap on you

Advertisement