Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Never any need to apologise, real life gets in the way sometimes, cheeky git.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Back for three more 12 hour shifts starting tomorrow. Then off for four and then we're merging the two teams we've had going. I'm a little anxious over the whole thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Are you then returning to your old practice?. It is nervewracking, lads at work here have been slacking a bit but now we have two isolating awaiting test results which has sharpened them up.. If you are happy with your own levels of precaution then you've done all you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Are you then returning to your old practice?. It is nervewracking, lads at work here have been slacking a bit but now we have two isolating awaiting test results which has sharpened them up.. If you are happy with your own levels of precaution then you've done all you can.

For the moment we're staying where we are at the other practice, but I'm hoping if this goes ok we'll be back to normal soon. It's all a bit strange isn't it.

For the moment we're staying where we are at the other practice, but I'm hoping if this goes ok we'll be back to normal soon. It's all a bit strange isn't it.

I adapted pretty ok to it i think. Anxiety was up but even people who had never been anxious before felt that.. I'm a solitary ould bird so distancing/isolation didn't do much either, just lucky i got to stay working. Worst part of slowly emerging from the restrictions is seeing how reckless/ignorant so many people are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy Moon Day in Eire.

It's pretty autumnal in the west, mild but wet and windy. Oh that reminds me of a pub in the good old days :P

Hope you are well Swannie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Swannie is doing grand thanks Grem. But my log-in is sick. Tried to get in several times and failed. Holding my breath that this post will take. Here goes...

I just clicked on one of your dragons and it did not flame me.

Black Swan wrote: »
    I just clicked on one of your dragons and it did not flame me.

They don't bite ;)

• Advertisement

They don't bite ;)

I could use a nice friendly bite about now, ha! :D

Black Swan wrote: »
    I could use a nice friendly bite about now, ha! :D

Well if you ask nicely ;)

Just past 1AM across the pond on Hump Day. Ohhhhhh tragedy of tragedies: I am out of java!

Swannie flies off. Waves.

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

Happy Fries Day to ye all!

Whew, we made it to the weekend. I will take Saturn Day off, but got month-end-close for Sunny Day homework (rats!).

Happy day off Swannie, busy with some meal prep and tidying here, rain brightening up the plants.. Have started collecting rain water for my flytrap

Always a grand day to click a Grem dragon.

Haha thanks Swannie one of them is mature the rest nearly there i think. Can't see them in work

• Advertisement

Drank 2 mocha javas and am currently flying high. It is good I have wings.

Are you still on diy coffee?.

Are you still on diy coffee?.
    Not today. I cheated by buying 2 bottles of magic bean brew on super market sale.

We've got a partial reopening of pubs from monday, be interesting to see how that goes.. I'm apprehensive since idiocy knows no limits but on the other hand, Guinness :pac:

All my favourite javahouses have been closed for months in SoCal. I suspect that one or more may go bankrupt and never open again.

Some businesses already folded, the non-food service pubs have another three weeks to wait, of course there is much speculation but most places keeping their card close to their chest, always the way!

The California governor has been acting more presidential than the anti-masker-in-chief since the beginning of this pandemic crises. If independent, California would be 5th in the world in GDP, so he has been using his vast financial leverage to not only help his state, but also several surrounding states with resources. It appeared that California was flattening its COVID curve, then the protests occurred in the thousands, many marching without masks and spewing all their fellows with shouting spray. Now California is spiking worse than before. The economic consequences will destroy some of the better javahouses, making Swannie sad.

That wizened madarin just keeps on and on and on with the ineptitude, i'm amazed frequently by him still

That wizened madarin just keeps on and on and on with the ineptitude, i'm amazed frequently by him still
    He refuses to wear a mask. His latest excuse was that wearing a mask was a double-edged sword. Claims that people are always touching their masks and thereby defeating its purpose. He fails to acknowledge that one purpose of the mask is to block spraying other people. But he is so self-centered that he only cares about himself, and not others. He is getting quite a anti-masker following after months of refusing to wear one. He has resumed holding political rallies with thousands of adoring fans crammed together in enclosed spaces shouting their spray on each other. Truly super-spreader events.

• Advertisement

It's devastating, i only have to deal with a few idiots on the bus not wearing theirs and it saddens me.. working flat out in healthcare the last few months must seem like such a waste for those who were..

Advertisement