Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'll be waiting a while before buying the PS5. There's life in the PS4 yet. Only recently got my hands on a copy of Red Dead Redemption II.

Just picked up The Last of Us 2 today myself. Currently clock watching till I can get out of this place for the weekend. Between that and the footie I'll be incognito till Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Necro wrote: »
    Just picked up The Last of Us 2 today myself. Currently clock watching till I can get out of this place for the weekend. Between that and the footie I'll be incognito till Monday!

I had an hour before I was going to have to give it up to the brother for the evening, install of the game and downloading the update patch took up that hour :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I had an hour before I was going to have to give it up to the brother for the evening, install of the game and downloading the update patch took up that hour

Oof. My plan is to let it install away when I get home, maybe if I have time play it before the United game then a late night session fo sho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Necro wrote: »
    Oof. My plan is to let it install away when I get home, maybe if I have time play it before the United game then a late night session fo sho!!!

I'll be the same, I'll be going mostly nocturnal for a few nights while my brother keeps a normal schedule and plays it during the day, sort of game that looks better when its dark so I'm happy enough

If I go to bed while it's still dark then it'll be a shame, I'm hoping to make it to 5 or 6 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,825 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I ended up starting Binary Domain last night.
    Don't know when I'll pick up Last of Us. Will avoid spoilers until a site posts a thread or article with the headline like "Why Ellie was right to set off that nuclear bomb (Spoilers inside)"

*I know very little about the plot so if that's an actual spoiler, it's purely coincidental. :)

And Happy Birthday Jay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kurt Cobain's guitar from the MTV Unplugged session just sold for $6.1m :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I ended up starting Binary Domain last night.
    Don't know when I'll pick up Last of Us. Will avoid spoilers until a site posts a thread or article with the headline like "Why Ellie was right to set off that nuclear bomb (Spoilers inside)"

*I know very little about the plot so if that's an actual spoiler, it's purely coincidental. :)

And Happy Birthday Jay!

Binary Domain is a great game. Cheesy as hell but great fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Appreciate the happy birthday thread title! Shame can't really go anywhere but it was nice of Ireland to open up right beforehand, lol. First time getting takeout during all this. Hope ye are all doing alright, things are starting to look up :)

Happy Belated Birthday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh. Just opened my journal and noticed that the words "Holiday Today!" were written in tomorrow's entry. meant to have been off to Orlando tomorrow morning. Left me quite blue today :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Happy birthday, Jay!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks Infernum & JP!
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sigh. Just opened my journal and noticed that the words "Holiday Today!" were written in tomorrow's entry. meant to have been off to Orlando tomorrow morning. Left me quite blue today :/

Ah dude that sucks. Were you able to get refunded on most of it?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thanks Infernum & JP!

Ah dude that sucks. Were you able to get refunded on most of it?

In theory.

Aer Lingus have said they'll refund fully, but could take weeks (we're still waiting for a refund for a trip due at Easter).

The villa rental crowd let us transfer our deposit towards next year.

So not "down" anything. Just a bummer about not being able to go.

First world problems, though.

Looking at how bad Florida is right now, I'm just hoping it's all better for next year....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

In theory.

Aer Lingus have said they'll refund fully, but could take weeks (we're still waiting for a refund for a trip due at Easter).

The villa rental crowd let us transfer our deposit towards next year.

So not "down" anything. Just a bummer about not being able to go.

First world problems, though.

Looking at how bad Florida is right now, I'm just hoping it's all better for next year....

I've heard Aer Lingus are refunding by way of 110% voucher that can be used within 18 months, but that may be for specific trips.

Man, I know how i'd be if I was in the same shoes dude, I feel for ya!

I don't think I'd travel outside Ireland to anywhere this year, even going to another county is worrying me

I hope no one loses out on booked holidays and flights

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've heard Aer Lingus are refunding by way of 110% voucher that can be used within 18 months, but that may be for specific trips.

If flights were cancelled, then you could seek a full refund or a 110% voucher. If flights weren't, you were only entitled to the voucher.

Since mine were cancelled, I asked for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

big congratulations to the Liverpool fans here

Something positive for ye especially the ****e going on

Waterford for the Liam McCarthy please ðŸ™

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Frank Lampard did what Steven Gerrard could never do and won the league title for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

PTH2009 wrote: »

This would be one of the few positives in 2020. Love to see ye win the big one.

big congratulations to the Liverpool fans here

Something positive for ye especially the ****e going on

Even as a MU fan, I am happy for Klopp and the team, long overdue

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

One of the biggest rips in the world of English soccer is now null and void

Long overdue for the club. Some fantastic past players failed too win it (Folwer, Gerrard and many more)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Turn in your MU badge on your way out please!

It is very well deserved but I can't be happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pentecost wrote: »

Agreed. I'm already sick hearing about it, and with it being Liverpool it;ll never end....

Pentecost wrote: »

I'm not happy but I will say it's not massively bothering me either.

It frustrates me from a United point of view how badly standards have slipped for us, and how badly the club has been run in recent years.

But....I think with Pool, it's been obvious since Xmas they had it won. So it's been easy enough to accept it was happening months ago. It was only a formality yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Agree with you 100% I'm not that upset about it. They've earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

We've had about 7 months to get used to it so hard to be too annoyed at this stage. Hopefully United can continue to play well, finish the season strong & get Champions League for next season.

And if we could hurry up and finalise something for the League of Ireland return that'd be great.

Bit confused

Didn't Sinn Féin win the most seats in the latest general election ??? So should mary lou not be leader of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bit confused

Didn't Sinn Féin win the most seats in the latest general election ??? So should mary lou not be leader of the country

No and No......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm already sick hearing about it, and with it being Liverpool it;ll never end....

As a Liverpool fan Gerry I accept your frustration and wouldn't have it any other way. :P

Have to say most Man U fans I know have been quite gracious and yeah, maybe it's partly down to having time to accept it. Just don't go coining cringey words like "manutd-splaining" as I seen some clown on Twitter who calls himself a Utd fan use. Ye really do have bad luck with the type that follow your team. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

30 years and then the poxy Corona was quite the wait but the Pool got there in the end, it's a beautiful thing. Was off Friday so pretty much been in a drunk/stoned haze since big Willian stuck the peno, think it's only starting to sink in now. Get that statue up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

30 years and then the poxy Corona was quite the wait but the Pool got there in the end, it's a beautiful thing. Was off Friday so pretty much been in a drunk/stoned haze since big Willian stuck the peno, think it's only starting to sink in now. Get that statue up!

Of all the managers Liverpool had over the years, Klopp has been the most likeable for me and fully deserves his success, only raging that United didn't sign him after the sacking of Moyes.

Gonna be hard to pick a player of the year, for me I'd like to see Bobby Firmino get the recognition he deserves with winning player of the year. Hugely important player for Liverpool and does a lot of selfless work on the pitch.

Advertisement