Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Here is your the leaderboard, With 2 second places in a row Sawduck leapfrogs Statutory Ape and is in with a chance, 23 points to play for, anything can happen within the top 5!

Name 1st time Lyrical Rock Club hits Wildcard Total
    Lassykk 20 21 17 21 79
    Tusk 23 19 21 13 76
    Stu Redman 21 20 13 20 74
    Sawduck 14 13 22 22 71
    Statutory Ape 19 23 15 6 63
    Irish Aris 15 5 19 17 56
    Necro 6 11 21 18 56
    Also Staring LeVar Burton 9 18 16 7 50
    Skeith 22 9 7 12 50
    FixXxer 17 1 23 8 49
    Baggly 12 16 6 15 49
    Gru 16 6 8 19 49
    Rikand 11 4 9 23 47
    Electric Nitwit 3 22 11 9 45
    Barney92 5 8 18 11 42
    Phatkev 18 7 2 15 42
    Osh 8 3 14 16 41
    Homer J. Fong 13 10 5 5 33
    Green&Red 10 17 3 2 32
    ShaneU 4 12 12 3 31
    Beakerjoe 1 15 10 4 30
    Three More Big Sleeps 7 14 1 1 23
    Hello 2D Person Below 2 2 4 10 18

giphy.gif

Shenanigans! Absolute Shenanigans!

Chemical Brothers, Kernkraft 400, Delerium, Darude, all '90s tracks. :rolleyes:

Game runner decides on whats what

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Me remembering what I submitted as the wildcard

200.webp?cid=ecf05e475a8773009ae9d26a71020d088f845109eac4c10f&rid=200.webp

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Trigger wrote: »
    Game runner decides on whats what

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:D

giphy.gif

:D

you can't win em all LeVar :P

• Advertisement

+1

If we were able to choose a '90s song, I probably would've done much better. :D

No Wrong answers in sheepWalrus

you can't win em all LeVar :P

I was never winning this one, I knew that going in, I'm fine with that, but if I knew cheating would be acceptable I at least might have gone with a better song... :D

There's a lesson to be learned here...

giphy.gif

Oh just one more thing, I absolutely hate gasolina, I was nearly tempted to put that last and have a no entry ahead of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I'm not that confident with my wildcard choice, it might be a bit too left field to score high, but i like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Oh just one more thing, I absolutely hate gasoline, I was nearly tempted to put that last and have a no entry ahead of it :pac:

One of the most annoying songs ever,i can't stand it

• Advertisement

Nice to know my song scored one point higher than the most annoying song ever. Two songs on that list I would rather be deaf than ever have to hear again!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Nice to know my song scored one point higher than the most annoying song ever. Two songs on that list I would rather be deaf than ever have to hear again!

Was one of them your own? :p

LOL no :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,644 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

1st place... Paul Van Dyk
    I should probably have thought of this one, my uncle was his manager :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

giphy.gif

I went on when it was released in Ireland!

http://irishcharts.ie/search/placement?page=1&search_type=title&placement=Sandstorm

Didnt know it was released in Finland in Oct 99! Bit beyond my research levels for a walrus!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hahaha, I expected that Scooter track to bomb so delighted with 18 points.

If you were into the club scene in the early noughties they had some absolute belters.

lassykk wrote: »

http://irishcharts.ie/search/placement?page=1&search_type=title&placement=Sandstorm

Didnt know it was released in Finland in Oct 99! Bit beyond my research levels for a walrus!

No need to explain yourself to LeVar, he's just looking to be offended in some way, hes a bad loser :pac:

lassykk wrote: »

Doing more research using irishcharts than using wikipedia. ;)

EDIT: to be fair I only knew because I had considered Sandstorm for this category myself.

Tbh I'm not even much of a fan of the song I submitted for this, it was just the closest thing to what I thought 'club music' should sound like at the time. Doesn't stop me being annoyed by the low score though! >__<;

No need to explain yourself to LeVar, he's just looking to be offended in some way, hes a bad loser :pac:

• Advertisement

EDIT: to be fair I only knew because I had considered Sandstorm for this category myself.

It's one of my most played dance tracks :pac: it's like a cheat code for me for a good score

Necro wrote: »
    Hahaha, I expected that Scooter track to bomb so delighted with 18 points.

If you were into the club scene in the early noughties they had some absolute belters.

Weekend is an absolute classic, I couldnt score it any lower than that. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

ouch that hurt. Club choons wouldn't be my bread and butter at all now.

Haven't a clue what i submitted for the last round so I'm resigning myself to defeat. Twas good while it lasted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The fcuk do I know about the club scene anyway. No wonder you went deaf listening to that shyte tbh.

:rolleyes:

:pac:

Not last so alls good. Interested to see what you think of my wildcard entry. Its probably my favourite song out of that particular genre / era so if it doesnt come at least first i will find you and i will kill you.

:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

giphy.gif

he clearly said "4. 00's club hits
    --- Give me your favourite club track during that time"

00's club hits and "our favourites during that time", these are the songs we listened to at the time of the 00's is how i interpreted that question and all the above appear in all youtube's 00's club hit mix's...

and lets be honest all of the above were so good they were played in clubs in the 00's CONSTANTLY! :pac:(ESPECIALLY if they were "new" and released in the year previous aka 1999) :P

Gru wrote: »

00's club hits and "our favourites during that time", these are the songs we listened to at the time of the 00's is how i interpreted that question and all the above appear in all youtube's 00's club hit mix's...

and lets be honest all of the above were so good they were played in clubs in the 00's CONSTANTLY! :pac:(ESPECIALLY if they were "new" and released in the year previous aka 1999) :P

giphy.gif

Gru knows the score!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Yep deep research done for all entries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,644 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

"our favourites during that time", these are the songs we listened to at the time of the 00's
    Well if I'd known that I'd have picked Smells Like Teen Spirit :p

• Advertisement

Well if I'd known that I'd have picked Smells Like Teen Spirit :p

Would have probably ranked higher than ShaneU's song

Also, What a song!

Advertisement