Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trigger wrote: »
    Would have probably ranked higher than ShaneU's song

Also, What a song!

#RIGGED :D

Changing my entry to Gala - Freed from Desire since 90's songs still count, listened to it at least once in the 00's decade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Well if I'd known that I'd have picked Smells Like Teen Spirit :p

I broke my nose moshing to that in a club so would be a valid pick imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fixXxer wrote: »
    I broke my nose moshing to that in a club so would be a valid pick imho.

I think I broke someone's nose moshing to that in a club... Was this in Galway circa 2009?

I also punched someone in the face dancing to Reach from S Club 7 in Whelan's about 10 years ago. Serves them right for walking behind me while I was reaching for the stars though... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I think I broke someone's nose moshing to that in a club... Was this in Galway circa 2009?

I also punched someone in the face dancing to Reach from S Club 7 in Whelan's about 10 years ago. Serves them right for walking behind me while I was reaching for the stars though... :rolleyes:

No twas phantasm in the temple bar music centre. Probably very early 00s I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

fixXxer wrote: »
    No twas phantasm in the temple bar music centre. Probably very early 00s I think

Used to be on mid-week I think, great spot at times.. could be absolute carnage though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

GloriousBlackandwhiteDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

GloriousBlackandwhiteDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

I'll be honest, I've had one listen, then I've had so much on in work/life, I had to leave it to the side.. I'll try get around to listening this week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

No worries Trigger.
    i am about to start my reveal (in a couple of days), so whenever you are ready please let me know and I will pause mine so we can complete yours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Which leaves us with.

In 1st place and 23 points its
    Tusk
    The Sound of Silence – Disturbed

The first time I tried to listen to this there was a connection error to my bluetooth and I was literally getting silence for about 20 seconds before I realised it wasn’t part of the song. :pac: I love it though, its my favourite of this round, straight onto the main playlist, the singers voice is great and the lyrics are beautiful. Top choice! I’m afraid to search for Disturbed on spotify in case I ruin my thoughts on them :pac:

Well done tusk! into an early lead :D

I have never liked this. A brilliant song by Simon and Garfunkel but this version does nothing for me. In fact I think the vocals take away from the song. Sorry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

cj maxx wrote: »
    I have never liked this. A brilliant song by Simon and Garfunkel but this version does nothing for me. In fact I think the vocals take away from the song. Sorry :)

Ah don't worry. It's ok to be wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

tusk wrote: »
    Ah don't worry. It's ok to be wrong :P

There's nothing great about it.
    Maybe if it's the first version you heard ok but it's nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'm a big fan of Simon and Garfunkel. But the first time I heard this I legitimately nearly cried. It's just so powerful and emotive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

tusk wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Simon and Garfunkel. But the first time I heard this I legitimately nearly cried. It's just so powerful and emotive.

I loved this version the first time I heard it. Disturbed's softer stuff is brilliant. I think I've listened to it too many times now though as it's found it's way off my regular playlist!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And Trump won.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    And Trump won.

He won just before this one started i think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

giphy.gif
    Joey-Tribbiani-Shocked-Reaction-Friends.gif

A Reminder of the table as its been a while.. all songs have been marked and just need to find a little time this week to get a few bits together etc and will try get the reveal the weekend or Monday morning

Name 1st time Lyrical Rock Club hits Wildcard Total
    Lassykk 20 21 17 21 79
    Tusk 23 19 21 13 76
    Stu Redman 21 20 13 20 74
    Sawduck 14 13 22 22 71
    Statutory Ape 19 23 15 6 63
    Irish Aris 15 5 19 17 56
    Necro 6 11 21 18 56
    Also Staring LeVar Burton 9 18 16 7 50
    Skeith 22 9 7 12 50
    FixXxer 17 1 23 8 49
    Baggly 12 16 6 15 49
    Gru 16 6 8 19 49
    Rikand 11 4 9 23 47
    Electric Nitwit 3 22 11 9 45
    Barney92 5 8 18 11 42
    Phatkev 18 7 2 15 42
    Osh 8 3 14 16 41
    Homer J. Fong 13 10 5 5 33
    Green&Red 10 17 3 2 32
    ShaneU 4 12 12 3 31
    Beakerjoe 1 15 10 4 30
    Three More Big Sleeps 7 14 1 1 23
    Hello 2D Person Below 2 2 4 10 18

Just a small few bits left to get ready, Will probably plan to do this on Monday AM at about 10am. So its the wildcard, I've listed below some of my current listenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Life is beautiful was recently recommended to me on Spotify. Quality tune

If there is anyone about ill real off the Bottom 13 and then do the top 10 at about 10am tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If there is anyone about ill real off the Bottom 13 and then do the top 10 at about 10am tomorrow

Im here

Reel off the bottom 13 I'm sure I'm in there :D Spoon here I come!

Thats good enough for me!

In 23rd place scoring 1 point is
    Fixxy
    with Halcali - Twinkle star

Notes: What the actual F*** am i listening to right now! its awful, its like something that Necro would have playing while dancing around the room! No no, just no!

In 22nd place scoring 2 points is
    Necro
    with
    Lonely Island feat. T-Pain - I'm On A Boat

Notes: I really hope that this is not a show of what is to come, while its not as bad as the monstrosity that is last place, its still downright terrible..

In 21st place scoring 3pts is
    G&R
    with The Temper Trap - Sweet disposition

Notes: I can't quite place what it is that makes this song so unappealing to me, really note a fan of it, i was told of this song beforehand and was looking forward to the listen, maybe the expectations just didn't stack up

Ah here. that's a great song. I remember at Oxegen 10 when they played it and everyone around me rushing to the stage

From here up, every song scored over 7 ( i use a points system) on the Trigometre. I enjoyed them all, just some more than others

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ah here. that's a great song. I remember at Oxegen 10 when they played it and everyone around me rushing to the stage

I suppose thats why music is so subjected, I did find it hard to listen properly, basically it didn't agree with the implant. :D

Advertisement