Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dar1986

Does anyone know why the brickwork is a different colour on the new phase? Looks much different..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndyB94

We were told when purchasing that the brick would be red, they actually had a small wall built in the car park for the show houses showing the new colour of the brick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

AndyB94 wrote: »
    We were told when purchasing that the brick would be red, they actually had a small wall built in the car park for the show houses showing the new colour of the brick

We weren’t told. Just seen it today. My girlfriend’s really annoyed about it, she hates red brick and at the moment anyway would prefer not to be buying the house

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dar1986

Bit strange they would change after the first phase. We are on The Green wonder will the houses planned opposite us be the same?? Will look odd if they're different so close to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndyB94

colly10 wrote: »
    We weren’t told. Just seen it today. My girlfriend’s really annoyed about it, she hates red brick and at the moment anyway would prefer not to be buying the house

That’s very disappointing, the day we went into the sales office they had a big cardboard poster on the counter of what the house would look like on the exterior as they look nothing like the show house that was on view, they then told us to go look at the sample wall in the car park if we wanted to see what the brick finish would look like.

As for the next phase as far as I know they will look slightly different again, I can’t find the document now but prior to purchasing I spent afew nights looking at all planning documentation for the development on Kildare planning website and from memory there was a different look for each phase.

• Advertisement

AndyB94 wrote: »
    That’s very disappointing, the day we went into the sales office they had a big cardboard poster on the counter of what the house would look like on the exterior as they look nothing like the show house that was on view, they then told us to go look at the sample wall in the car park if we wanted to see what the brick finish would look like.

As for the next phase as far as I know they will look slightly different again, I can’t find the document now but prior to purchasing I spent afew nights looking at all planning documentation for the development on Kildare planning website and from memory there was a different look for each phase.

Ye, I find it annoying to be honest. I bought in an earlier phase and ended up in this one cause I was told the house I put a full deposit on couldn’t be built “due to problems with Irish Water”.
    So I wasn’t given this info like everyone else cause I transferred to this phase.

When I started looking into buying, a mate of mine told me that the last thing you feel like when you’re buying a house is a customer and it’s been the truest thing said to me so far in this whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Every phase the brick work will be different.

They wanted the estate to have a different look for every phase, that's what I heard anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Hi all, I was in Kilcock this morning and stopped by for a look. I'm guessing these are the 3 bed with the attic ready for conversion? Great looking house!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RedJen86

We are The Park and were told today they expect we will snag in September and be in by mid-October, but that The Way will be later than that. Worth giving Jennifer a call, she is happy to speak to people.

Thanks for the reply. We’ve since heard from Jennifer who’s told us November. So I reckon we’ll be a Christmas week rush job...ha To be fair, we’ve been down to the site and there’s great progress. We’re the first block beside the creche and the scaffolding has gone up :)

I've been looking into what we need to provide before drawdown and wondering if anyone has any idea on it -

Mortgage Protection & Home Insurance - I assume that both of these can be put in place about a month before drawdown, it's not normally before then

Valuation - Anyone know how this is organised and when. Is it Sherry Fitz that you contact to get the valuation done? Is this done around the time of snagging?

BER Rating Cert - I assume Glenveagh provide this and we can request it around the time of snagging?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Look into mortgage protection and home insurance asap.
    The bank your getting the mortgage with usually offer both. I know KBC had both products on offer.

The mortgage provider will organise that. They will touch base with you about it as the valuer has to be on their panel.

BER is usually provided by the Developer when contracts are exchanged. Ask your solicitor to request a copy of it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I've been looking into what we need to provide before drawdown and wondering if anyone has any idea on it -

Mortgage Protection & Home Insurance - I assume that both of these can be put in place about a month before drawdown, it's not normally before then

Valuation - Anyone know how this is organised and when. Is it Sherry Fitz that you contact to get the valuation done? Is this done around the time of snagging?

BER Rating Cert - I assume Glenveagh provide this and we can request it around the time of snagging?

Thanks

Took me 10 weeks to get mortgage protection due to a really bad/ possible permanent back injury I have, if you have In anyway a medical or physical condition go much earlier than a month. We started September and only got it sorted in December due to constant back and forth between the GP and insurance.

Took me 10 weeks to get mortgage protection due to a really bad/ possible permanent back injury I have, if you have In anyway a medical or physical condition go much earlier than a month. We started September and only got it sorted in December due to constant back and forth between the GP and insurance.

Thanks, when you provide all they need, do they delay putting the policies in force and charging you till you actually move in?

[HTML][/HTML]
    Thanks, when you provide all they need, do they delay putting the policies in force and charging you till you actually move in?

Up to you when the policy starts. It needs to be up on running before you draw down the funds. Get it sorted asap cause it can drag out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

Thanks

We went to mortgages.ie for our mortgage protection, dealt with Alyson. They were great and gave us loads of options. It is in place now and we just have to let them know when to activate the policy, but it's ready to go. Took us a week or 2 to sort. Would highly recommend them though. We went with Zurich.

Hi all, I was just having a look at the most recent planning permission that was granted for the change in house types and density. Anyone who has bought on The Way, particularly towards the bottom of the road, I would suggest having a look in case you had looked up the previous planning. The house types facing those houses have changed x

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hovek

RedJen86 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was just having a look at the most recent planning permission that was granted for the change in house types and density. Anyone who has bought on The Way, particularly towards the bottom of the road, I would suggest having a look in case you had looked up the previous planning. The house types facing those houses have changed x

We bought on The Park, but just had a look and it looks like they put in more detached types opposite to The Way, am I correct here? Looking at the Various condition document from 20th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ek2020

There's a couple of maisonettes in the next phases it seems, according to the planning, including a few on the Way. There doesn't seem to be many 4 or 5 beds either. All of the houses seem to come with sheds from the next phase onwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mandser

Ek2020 wrote: »
    There's a couple of maisonettes in the next phases it seems, according to the planning, including a few on the Way. There doesn't seem to be many 4 or 5 beds either. All of the houses seem to come with sheds from the next phase onwards too.

Hi, would you mind sharing which document this is? Looking at the planning here and can't seem to find the updated map?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ek2020

Mandser wrote: »
    Hi, would you mind sharing which document this is? Looking at the planning here and can't seem to find the updated map?

This is the one I found for the next phase with the house types. I think that's the most up date one as far as I can see. It's easily viewed on laptop as apposed to on phone.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=2359061&format=jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 hovek

Ek2020 wrote: »
    This is the one I found for the next phase with the house types. I think that's the most up date one as far as I can see. It's easily viewed on laptop as apposed to on phone.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=2359061&format=jpeg

Unfortunately can't open the link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

hovek wrote: »
    Unfortunately can't open the link.

I dont think you can copy and paste links from Kildare CC. I previously had a hard time finding plans for a development only to bookmark it once found. When i clicked it later it didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1 roberttkelly

Hi all, just put a booking deposit down for a Moorhen type house on the Way. On the cancellation list for a sanderling C as we'd like the ability to convert the attic space at some point down the line and have been told that the Moorhen is unsuitable for this. Does anyone know if this is purely due to the lack of a window being in place or is the attic space itself a different height to the sanderling?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 vinay

Morheen is the one attached to the Starling, I was informed that due to height restrictions both Morheen and Starling cannot have attic conversion.

Hi all, just put a booking deposit down for a Moorhen type house on the Way. On the cancellation list for a sanderling C as we'd like the ability to convert the attic space at some point down the line and have been told that the Moorhen is unsuitable for this. Does anyone know if this is purely due to the lack of a window being in place or is the attic space itself a different height to the sanderling?

Hi Robert the moorhen seems to be a longer narrower type house than the sanderling. I would guess it’s to do with the layout of the attic and configuration of the stairs in those houses

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CoffeeMed

Hi all, put a deposit down on a house at The Way. Looks like a nice development and excited to get the ball rolling on this. House type 'The Swallow'. Reading up on it now through boards it seems people are mentioning different brickwork and density than previous phase. Anything I should be worried about? I tried to look it up on the county council website but can't find much document wise, if anyone has examples that'd be great. Thanks!

CoffeeMed wrote: »
    Hi all, put a deposit down on a house at The Way. Looks like a nice development and excited to get the ball rolling on this. House type 'The Swallow'. Reading up on it now through boards it seems people are mentioning different brickwork and density than previous phase. Anything I should be worried about? I tried to look it up on the county council website but can't find much document wise, if anyone has examples that'd be great. Thanks!

Tolow has a pic of one of the house types on the previous page that shows the brickwork for this phase

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CoffeeMed

Tolow has a pic of one of the house types on the previous page that shows the brickwork for this phase

Thanks for this, hadn't spotted it! New to boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thc24

I put a deposit for a Heron type house and planning permission on KCC looks different from glenveagh floor plans. There is quite a dramatic change. The ensuit is missing on the top floor. Can anyone advise on this?

One more question, after you gave your solicitors details, roughly how many days after did your solicitors receive the contracts?

• Advertisement

Thc24 wrote: »
    I put a deposit for a Heron type house and planning permission on KCC looks different from glenveagh floor plans. There is quite a dramatic change. The ensuit is missing on the top floor. Can anyone advise on this?

One more question, after you gave your solicitors details, roughly how many days after did your solicitors receive the contracts?

Go by what's in the brochure and not by the KCC plans

Advertisement