Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

The 8 AM and 7:25 AM trains have plenty of seats.
    The Facebook page is run by morons who think that Dublin Bus is a panacea for all ills.

If you want a real reason not to move to Kilcock try drugs gangs and overcrowded schools.

I also have to disagree with you, as someone who has lived in Kilcock all my life (28 years) and now just purchased in Ledwill. There is by no means a gang or drug issue in comparison to other parts of the country.

With regards to the school situation, yes the secondary school is overcrowded but no wear near as over crowed as the surrounding towns, in one of which I am a teacher.

From your negatively I would assume that you do not live in the town or intend on buying here, so it is not your place to comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

robinse3 wrote: »
    I also have to disagree with you, as someone who has lived in Kilcock all my life (28 years) and now just purchased in Ledwill. There is by no means a gang or drug issue in comparison to other parts of the country.

With regards to the school situation, yes the secondary school is overcrowded but no wear near as over crowed as the surrounding towns, in one of which I am a teacher.

From your negatively I would assume that you do not live in the town or intend on buying here, so it is not your place to comment
    I do live in the village and while the drugs and gangs situation is nothing like Celbridge there is no doubt from what I hear that there is drug dealing in Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Drug dealing occurs in every town and city in Ireland.

Least you dropped the gang nonsense.

Drug dealing occurs in every town and city in Ireland.

Least you dropped the gang nonsense.
    I can assure there was no drug dealing in Kilcock a few years ago!

I can assure you that there was over 20 years ago my dear.

• Advertisement

I can assure you that there was over 20 years ago my dear.
    Well you obviously know better than me ; having grown up and been a teenager in the village rather than having moved there as an adult.

Im from the area. There were drugs knocking around the place when I was in school so yeah there were drugs in both kilcock and maynooth back in the 1990s when I was a wee teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

@marieholmfan

I'm also a Kilcock native and the drugs situation is absolutely no different from any other town in Ireland and there are absolutely no gangs, will you go away with yourself. Stop trying to scaremonger people who are trying to make their first step onto the property ladder. Ridiculous carry on which isn't fruitful or welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

I am new in the town, I can't talk about the past history of Kilcock, I only can talk about the present. I've lived before in Dublin East Wall also Ballymun or Limerick etc.. All together 8 completely different places. So far Kilcock is the most safe and most friendly town I've ever lived in Ireland. Sometimes I can see small group of teenagers on the street, chatting etc. but they are all fine, no trouble or so..
    I also going out evening times in the dark, for run or just for a walk with my dogs, and have not noticed anything bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

In relation to social housing I was just looking on the property price register and you can see about 40 houses that were purchased in one go. I'm guessing these are the social houses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 AnaC

tolow wrote: »
    In relation to social housing I was just looking on the property price register and you can see about 40 houses that were purchased in one go. I'm guessing these are the social houses?

The property register shows the sales at the time of closing. The houses were ready for closing in around the same time for various roads, therefore, for new developments is normal to see a number of closed sales in around the same date.

This is a topic that’s been discussed over and over. To my knowledge Glenveagh committed to 10% social housing as it is legally required in any new development in Ireland.

Does anyone know if the design of the house in the screenshot attached will be the design of the Sanderling C with the attic ready to be converted?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tej29

Does anyone know if the design of the house in the screenshot attached will be the design of the Sanderling C with the attic ready to be converted?

Thats what they told us yesterday when we went there - Half brick and and half plaster...but Sanderling C would be 110 Sq m.

Tej29 wrote: »
    Thats what they told us yesterday when we went there - Half brick and and half plaster...but Sanderling C would be 110 Sq m.

Are they going to be like that picture with the almost three storey look? Like the 4 bed? Looks very nice.

Were there any of the sanderlings remaining in the current phase?

Are they going to be like that picture with the almost three storey look? Like the 4 bed? Looks very nice.

Were there any of the sanderlings remaining in the current phase?

what I know there were couple of homes remaining...you can call and check tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gloucester

The trains from Kilcock aren't bad - you expect standing room on commuter lines. Lately most of the complaints on the commuters Facebook page about trains are from people demanding a seat on their morning commute which is about an hour or less. :o

Lack of trains in late evening could be an issue for some I guess. There's only the 19:15 ex Connolly and the 20:40. The 115 bus route is fairly unreliable. And by using the trains you get into the city centre normally within an hour. By bus in the morning, even without any traffic delays on the M4 (which are frequent) you're looking at an hour and a half normally.

Can't understand the longing for the return of the 66 route!! :confused:
    Yeah it was reliable but it stopped EVERYWHERE on the way out of the city! For commuters from city centre at peak times in the evening you'd be looking at >2 hours as it goes through (and obvs has regular stops throughout) Lucan village & Leixlip, two bottlenecks. And this is only after it crawls through Chapelizod. Going by the Facebook page, I think the demand for the 66 comes from people who work in Lucan / Leixlip area but the 66 if it was ever returned to Kilcock wouldn't really be an option for anyone working in the city centre. Also given that the 115 route LOOKS (and I use that term lightly) like it provides buses every half hour from the city centre, it's unlikely that Dublin Bus would see it as a viable route for them.

If you work in the city centre & don't have to get trains later than the 20:40, then the trains are fine.

Re Secondary school - as far as I know the secondary school is merely being extended but it's already oversubscribed. The new secondary school building referred to above must mean the new one being built at Enfield (LMETB are patrons). Entry to the Kilcock secondary school is on a lottery system, with a long list of feeder schools so this year with huge demand, loads of local kids didn't get places & had to seek secondary school places in Maynooth etc. Although thankfully Maynooth were able to take them, you have to take into account travelling to and from school. Morning buses from the square are the ones that often don't turn up or else are packed (which will worsen in Sept. with the increase in kids going to Maynooth and beyond).
    Ledwill Park looks great - best of luck to anyone fortunate enough to buy them - not in a position to buy at the moment myself but the showhouses were stunning!

Re the drugs / gangs etc in the village - I think you'd find it impossible to find a village or town across Ireland that doesn't have drugs in it :rolleyes: And re the gangs, there's groups of youngsters hanging around the train station on a regular basis but they're moved on by Guards. You have to also take into account given that the secondary school as per above, has a wide geographical area of feeder schools that groups of youngsters are there waiting on trains to take them home after school.
    There was a stabbing a few months ago, near Highfield Park, but this was apparently gang related. It was definitely the only stabbing I've heard of in the town. Like some posters have said above, I'm a woman, I'd happily head to walking the dog late most evenings, walk to the shops at night and I never feel intimidated or worried about my welfare. The town has grown exponentially over the last few years with little change to infrastructure but personally I like that for such a place we have so many different clubs and sports etc. to offer families,. The Greenway is a gorgeous space for exercise, the track at the bawnogue and the walking path up there is lovely too. It's nice to be able to walk into a local pub that has that old-school local feel to it and enjoy a pint (if you wanted a full on Kildare feel you could have a McGargle's ) and then ramble home feeling safe.:D I get fairly pissed off when I see people just highlighting things that can't be changed overnight whilst ignoring all the great sides to Kilcock. Sure the town looks run down but if you're moving here you have to weigh up how much time you're actually going to get to spend here and what groups or clubs you can join etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndyB94

Does anyone know if the shower in the en-suite in the show house is just missing a door or are they a wet room style bathroom? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

AndyB94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the shower in the en-suite in the show house is just missing a door or are they a wet room style bathroom? Thanks

Not a wet room, shower doors are rarely (afaik) included in new houses

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

Hi ,

No glass bath panel or shower doors are included in the purchase price. Or at least it was not included in Phrase 1 when we bought the house.

AndreaSoly wrote: »
    Hi ,

No glass bath panel or shower doors are included in the purchase price. Or at least it was not included in Phrase 1 when we bought the house.

Same is for phase 2 also, we were told it is not included and we need to get ourselves.

• Advertisement

Has anyone who has already signed contracts been successful at getting the ‘subject to loan offer’ clause put into their contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndyB94

Has anyone who has already signed contracts been successful at getting the ‘subject to loan offer’ clause put into their contract?

We are going to look at our contracts tomorrow, is there anything we should be looking out for? Is the subject to loan offer clause due to draw down being more then 6 months away?

We are going to look at our contracts tomorrow, is there anything we should be looking out for? Is the subject to loan offer clause due to draw down being more then 6 months away?

We have been advised not to sign contracts without the clause as the completion date is so far off and we will have to reapply for our loan offer.

However it’s at Glenveagh’s discretion if they allow the clause or not. Our solicitor is currently raising pre contract inquires with them but with are yet to hear anything back. Just wondering if anyone who has already signed contracts has got it included?

We have been advised not to sign contracts without the clause as the completion date is so far off and we will have to reapply for our loan offer.

However it’s at Glenveagh’s discretion if they allow the clause or not. Our solicitor is currently raising pre contract inquires with them but with are yet to hear anything back. Just wondering if anyone who has already signed contracts has got it included?

Can we not get extension on Approved in principal. Also if the offer is released by bank that can stay up to 12 months as we have the property address. This is what our bank agent said when I asked as the AIP expires in 6 months.

I saw the contract today scanned by our solicitor and it does not include this clause and also it does not sat that the unit is future attic ready. Should it be there ?

Tej29 wrote: »
    Can we not get extension on Approved in principal. Also if the offer is released by bank that can stay up to 12 months as we have the property address. This is what our bank agent said when I asked as the AIP expires in 6 months.

I saw the contract today scanned by our solicitor and it does not include this clause and also it does not sat that the unit is future attic ready. Should it be there ?

I’m not sure to be honest. I was under the impression you needed a loan offer to sign the contracts, that approval in principle wasn’t enough. We will be unable to get a loan offer before the contract needs to be signed so that is why we where advised to get the clause included.

I’m not sure to be honest. I was under the impression you needed a loan offer to sign the contracts, that approval in principle wasn’t enough. We will be unable to get a loan offer before the contract needs to be signed so that is why we where advised to get the clause included.

Yes, our solicitor also initially said we need the final offer pack from bank before signing the contract but today they said that if we have AIP then we can sign the contract. We also would not get the offer pack before contract date of 21st Feb. And Bank agent said that it can be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hovek

I was told by my bank agent that they will wait with the issue of the final loan offer until end of April, that's close to the 6 months that the approval is valid. Then I have another 6 months to finish the transaction. Worth checking with the bank if they will help you with the waiting period being extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Louised86

From a legal perspective, your solicitor should never recommend/allow you to sign the contract without this clause. The implications are that in the event (as unlikely as it may be) that the bank say nope we aren't lending that amount etc. then, having already signed the developer's contract, you are legally obligated to proceed with the house purchase sans mortgage funds.

Louised86 wrote: »
    From a legal perspective, your solicitor should never recommend/allow you to sign the contract without this clause. The implications are that in the event (as unlikely as it may be) that the bank say nope we aren't lending that amount etc. then, having already signed the developer's contract, you are legally obligated to proceed with the house purchase sans mortgage funds.

Thanks for this note and I verified with my solicitor and this clause is there on page 20 under Special Condition 42.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

We had it added to ours before signing.

Advertisement