Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Oanana wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Do you know who is the builder for this development? Where can I find detailed structural plans? KCC website is only showing the architectural details. We’re looking to get a house here but would also like to check out the details of the buildings. The agents are terrible, can’t rely on them unfortunately.

Thanks!

Glenveagh are the developers. What details do you require?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

Anyone experience a delay in Glenveagh signing contracts from their side?We sent our signed contracts to Glenveagh solicitors 2 weeks ago and they still haven’t signed.Cause for concern or normal?

Anyone experience a delay in Glenveagh signing contracts from their side?We sent our signed contracts to Glenveagh solicitors 2 weeks ago and they still haven’t signed.Cause for concern or normal?

Normal

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oanana

Glenveagh are the developers. What details do you require?

So Glenveagh are both dev and have their own builder? We wanted to look at the structure, I understood it is timber framing, SF are unsure.

Also, does Sanderling A come with a kitchen island? The agent was unsure and is asking around

So Glenveagh are both dev and have their own builder? We wanted to look at the structure, I understood it is timber framing, SF are unsure.

Also, does Sanderling A come with a kitchen island? The agent was unsure and is asking around

Glenveagh is the developer. They have a number of employees on site but the majority are contractors. They are timber frame correct. Not sure about the island. Check the brochure.

• Advertisement

Glenveagh is the developer. They have a number of employees on site but the majority are contractors. They are timber frame correct. Not sure about the island. Check the brochure.
    Thanks, I checked the plans before but I felt the need to get a confirmation on this. Spoke to another SF agent and she told me that Sanderling A has a U-shape counter, it basically looks like an island. They assured me that all Sanderling A houses in this phase will mirror the showhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adamwest87

Hi folks, we've been to a viewing a few days ago at Ledwill, on the map on which they put stickers on for sold and available houses we noticed that some houses were not up for sale (no blue or red dot beside those). Do you know or have you heard if these are part of the 10% of social housing distribution? The houses are on The Close. Thanks

adamwest87 wrote: »
    Hi folks, we've been to a viewing a few days ago at Ledwill, on the map on which they put stickers on for sold and available houses we noticed that some houses were not up for sale (no blue or red dot beside those). Do you know or have you heard if these are part of the 10% of social housing distribution? The houses are on The Close. Thanks

They could well be. Ask the developer or estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adamwest87

They could well be. Ask the developer or estate agent.

They didn't tell us anything, the first agent we spoke to said that all houses are to be sold to individuals whereas the second one said she doesn't know.
    But just out of curiosity, are these houses clustered in a single spot or spread across the entire estate in phase 3?
    Are there any social houses in phases 1 and 2? If yes, for those of you who already moved in, have you had any issues?

They didn't tell us anything, the first agent we spoke to said that all houses are to be sold to individuals whereas the second one said she doesn't know.
    But just out of curiosity, are these houses clustered in a single spot or spread across the entire estate in phase 3?
    Are there any social houses in phases 1 and 2? If yes, for those of you who already moved in, have you had any issues?

Yes there are cluid houses in the estate already. No issues what so ever. Great community spirit in the estate to date.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I was doing a little bit of research myself on the KCC application for the newest phase of this development and it turns out that the house I put mu deposit for is located in a slope. It means that all surrounding houses will be built on a higher terrain than ours. Not worried about the house as much as I’m about the garden. I’m extremely concerned about flooding now and water gathering in the garden after rainfall. Do gardens have a proper drainage system? Did any of you have any issues with rainwater collecting in your back garden?

Hi everyone,

I was doing a little bit of research myself on the KCC application for the newest phase of this development and it turns out that the house I put mu deposit for is located in a slope. It means that all surrounding houses will be built on a higher terrain than ours. Not worried about the house as much as I’m about the garden. I’m extremely concerned about flooding now and water gathering in the garden after rainfall. Do gardens have a proper drainage system? Did any of you have any issues with rainwater collecting in your back garden?

Best person to ask in relation to this is the developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Melorith

Hi Folks,

Might be interested in a 4 bed house here. I guess the current phase doesn't have it.
    Any idea on the next availability? Not much helpful info from the agents.

Wondering if the recently built 4 bed houses been handed over to the buyers?

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Melorith wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Might be interested in a 4 bed house here. I guess the current phase doesn't have it.
    Any idea on the next availability? Not much helpful info from the agents.

Wondering if the recently built 4 bed houses been handed over to the buyers?

Thanks...

Not sure on next availability, might be worth speaking to Glenveagh. Most of the 4 beds from the current phase have already been handed over

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rossvet

1 completed 4 bed semi available now per Sherry Fitzgerald Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jacobs_Stripe

Hi all,

For those of you's that have moved in, how do you find it? How do you find Kilcock as a whole - do you had enough shops/takeaways nearby? If anyone has commuted how did you find that?

Do you know if the current phase released at the moment is the last phase or will there be another?

Any pro's or con's.. or any rows in the estate that seem like a better location to others?

TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kitty Williams

Hi all! We recently reserved a Sanderling B type in Ledwill, just wondering if anyone else here has a South East facing back garden and, if so, does it get much sunlight?

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

What's the gap/alleyway between these two houses? Does it go in far? And is it storage for the wheely bins or is it just for the meter to read?

https://www.daft.ie/new-home-for-sale/terraced-house-the-finch-ledwill-park-kilcock-co-kildare/2915863

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    What's the gap/alleyway between these two houses? Does it go in far? And is it storage for the wheely bins or is it just for the meter to read?

https://www.daft.ie/new-home-for-sale/terraced-house-the-finch-ledwill-park-kilcock-co-kildare/2915863

It's side access to the back garden. Ordinarily only semi-detached and detached houses have this and it's a desired feature - in this development all houses including terraced have access to the back - so you can keep your bins round the back and wheel them out through the passage for example. Or if you had dogs and want to send them to the back garden after a walk without walking them through the house if they were mucky.

HannahR31 wrote: »
    It's side access to the back garden. Ordinarily only semi-detached and detached houses have this and it's a desired feature - in this development all houses including terraced have access to the back - so you can keep your bins round the back and wheel them out through the passage for example. Or if you had dogs and want to send them to the back garden after a walk without walking them through the house if they were mucky.

Wow, that makes a terraced house so much more attractive. Do you live there? What's the build quality like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Wow, that makes a terraced house so much more attractive. Do you live there? What's the build quality like?

That's the idea I'd imagine!! And I'd imagine it means they can charge more for them... I don't - I'm buying one but it's not ready yet. I've heard the quality is excellent though.

HannahR31 wrote: »
    That's the idea I'd imagine!! And I'd imagine it means they can charge more for them... I don't - I'm buying one but it's not ready yet. I've heard the quality is excellent though.

Super. Thanks!

What's the gap/alleyway between these two houses? Does it go in far? And is it storage for the wheely bins or is it just for

A house I lived in before a shared access space like this. The only difference is it had a door on it, the same as the front door.

Build quality is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately all gardens have drainage issues as it's built on a bad quality clay soil. No matter if you are on the top or on the bottom of the slope , everyone's garden gets waterlogged after rain, especially during winter time. To install a proper drainage system under your garden could cost around €3,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

Unfortunately neither Sherry Fitz. or Glenveagh agents will let you know which houses goes for social, because it would mean people will either refuse to buy houses close to there or will not pay as much as they would for the same property a little further. We asked and our solicitor asked too to confirm which houses will be for social housing but they said it hasn't been confirmed (back in 2019). It was not true as they had to know which they can sell and which not.
    The houses on The Cresent in Phase 1 is managed by Cluid. So far we had no issues with anyone, they all nice people, lots of families with small children. We are living in Phase 1 since more than a year.

AndreaSoly wrote: »
    Unfortunately neither Sherry Fitz. or Glenveagh agents will let you know which houses goes for social, because it would mean people will either refuse to buy houses close to there or will not pay as much as they would for the same property a little further. We asked and our solicitor asked too to confirm which houses will be for social housing but they said it hasn't been confirmed (back in 2019). It was not true as they had to know which they can sell and which not.
    The houses on The Cresent in Phase 1 is managed by Cluid. So far we had no issues with anyone, they all nice people, lots of families with small children. We are living in Phase 1 since more than a year.

Totally agree with Andrea here. There have been zero issues in the estate. Everyone gets on well and very quiet in the evenings and on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 domed

Hi all,

we are planning to purchase a 2 bedroom end of terrace house (the swift) in Ledwill park. Due to Covid restrictions and the government's new guidelines we can't see a showhouse until we send a bunch of documents to SherryFitz. We don't have any experience in this so...is that a usual procedure?
    Is it really true that we get a house without any flooring? How does that look like? Just a concrete floor in a kitchen and living room? What about bedrooms and stairs?
    We are weighing our options since these are the only houses available on the market in North Kildare but you don't get much for the price they are looking for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

domed wrote: »
    Hi all,

we are planning to purchase a 2 bedroom end of terrace house (the swift) in Ledwill park. Due to Covid restrictions and the government's new guidelines we can't see a showhouse until we send a bunch of documents to SherryFitz. We don't have any experience in this so...is that a usual procedure?
    Is it really true that we get a house without any flooring? How does that look like? Just a concrete floor in a kitchen and living room? What about bedrooms and stairs?
    We are weighing our options since these are the only houses available on the market in North Kildare but you don't get much for the price they are looking for now.

It wouldn’t be normal for an estate agent to want forms but I don’t know the situation since covid
    You get nothing in a new house except tiled bathrooms really, what if they put a load of flooring in and you didn’t like it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peacoo54

Hi All would anyone have approximate room measurements for sanderling A in next phase in the close?
    We had been hoping to revisit showhouse to take these but unfortunately with restrictions haven't been able to and looking to order furniture etc. Have been advised Gleanveagh don't provide measurements
    Many thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Kitty Williams

domed wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hi there, we viewed it recently and the only way to book an appointment to see the show house is to put down your booking deposit on the house (roughly 3 grand) which is refundable should you change your mind. The glenveagh website lists out what features come with the houses, flooring isn't one of them so you do that yourself. The prices will continue to rise everywhere due to demand, rising cost of building materials, and help to buy scheme

Advertisement