Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Hubertj wrote: »
    So the Allen kid got the drugs from Charlie sheen? Mad stuff altogether

I do get fierce confused when I read these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Tomaldo wrote: »
    are we off-topic
    Yes, marginally. I’ll take the hit for the apostasy, but not Martin.

To right the keel: He got caught and his family, while standing behind him, accepted his sentence. I can’t say if he’s been treated or is going to be treated the same as someone from Oliver Bond caught with the same amount of gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

about 5 to 7 years ago, I assume he took treatment as soon as. Regarding liver failure I think I'm going to succumb to that, not through promiscuity or illegal drugs but excessive alcohol. About those actresses has he been charged with it?Two English actors William Roche and Michael le Vell were charged for rape but both were cleared in a court of law.

I think Martin Sheen made the two actresses "go away". I have a lot of questions about historic rape cases. I dont think Roche or leVell had the same connections as Sir Jimmy Saville OBE. I always thought that William Roche was a wholesome character. I was fascinated by Jim'll Fix it as a child, my father used always say he made his skin creep. It wasnt until he was dead a day that the stories that came out. I think more of his stories are suppressed than Epsteins. Oh Saville was protected from up on high.

IRE60 wrote: »

To right the keel: He got caught and his family, while standing behind him, accepted his sentence. I can’t say if he’s been treated or is going to be treated the same as someone from Oliver Bond caught with the same amount of gear.

Oh he has tried to weasel his way out of it. The pilgrimage to Africa, the time at rehab and autism diagnosis. I am surprised his mother didnt kick him out of the house like happened to someone else, who is not allowed back to Ballymaloe. The Brand is properly fupped for the future without any leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

are you talking about young Allen, what's he got to be treated for, he served his time. Btw gear is heroin.

• Advertisement

are you talking about young Allen, what's he got to be treated for, he served his time. Btw gear is heroin.

Part of lessening his sentence was showing he was doing rehab for cannabis and cocaine. No I dont think it changes anything because the judge was unimpressed with his early progress and that money in the poor box would not lessen the seriousness of the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Oh he has tried to weasel his way out of it. The pilgrimage to Africa, the time at rehab and autism diagnosis. I am surprised his mother didnt kick him out of the house like happened to someone else, who is not allowed back to Ballymaloe. The Brand is properly fupped for the future without any leadership.
    Wasn't going to go down that route, but yes, one law in the Cork household for convicted drug dealers and another for laptops!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Haim is dead he died from a drug overdose.

Haim died of Pneumonia.
    Yeah its a massive cocktail of drugs.

It's not massive.

Wasn't going to go down that route, but yes, one law in the Cork household for convicted drug dealers and another for laptops!

First the judge said at the outset there would be no sweetheart deals as he was caught rotten and warned to cease and desist long before it happened. You are not dealing with the full information on the second count and that person did receive a punishment.

Effects wrote: »
    Haim died of Pneumonia.

It's not massive.

Pneumonia? *Wink wink*
    18 different medications? that is not a lot?
    My father is on about 8 and I think that is massive.

• Advertisement

Part of lessening his sentence was showing he was doing rehab for cannabis and cocaine. No I dont think it changes anything because the judge was unimpressed with his early progress and that money in the poor box would not lessen the seriousness of the charge.

I don't believe it was a serious charge at all. On another forum people were complaining and rightly so about a guy with over 60 previous convictions, out on bail who stole a frontline worker's lap-top, why wasn't he locked up instead of Mr Allen. A lot of judges don't know anything about drugs, I once heard a retired judge say cocaine is poison on a radio show and he wasn't even corrected. I thought judges and courts were supposed to deal with facts only, another one said taking cannabis was as serious as the Ebola crisis, wtf.

I don't believe it was a serious charge at all. On another forum people were complaining and rightly so about a guy with over 60 previous convictions, out on bail who stole a frontline worker's lap-top, why wasn't he locked up instead of Mr Allen. A lot of judges don't know anything about drugs, I once heard a retired judge say cocaine is poison on a radio show and he wasn't even corrected. I thought judges and courts were supposed to deal with facts only, another one said taking cannabis was as serious as the Ebola crisis, wtf.

There is a massive change in attitude to the family who "bought" their way out of the last incident and the incident before. Another sign of a collapse in society is one law for the rich and another for the poor. You do know what carrier and solvent for cocaine is? Lime and petrol? That is fairly carcinogenic stuff over time. The character or judgement of a judge is rarely called into question. Judges live a different life from the rest of us. Its mostly within their own circles and can be under police protection. Society is changing very quickly and many view cannabis as a class A drug which is true relative to their time of training possibly 30-35 years ago.

There is a massive change in attitude to the family who "bought" their way out of the last incident and the incident before. Another sign of a collapse in society is one law for the rich and another for the poor. You do know what carrier and solvent for cocaine is? Lime and petrol? That is fairly carcinogenic stuff over time. The character or judgement of a judge is rarely called into question. Judges live a different life from the rest of us. Its mostly within their own circles and can be under police protection. Society is changing very quickly and many view cannabis as a class A drug which is true relative to their time of training possibly 30-35 years ago.

a google search couldn't confirm what u said about lime and petrol, it mentioned ether. Anyway if cocaine is poison Elton John, Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton would all be dead, they took lots of it decades ago and they're still alive in their seventies. If a judge described coke as poison, surely that's grounds for an appeal.

a google search couldn't confirm what u said about lime and petrol, it mentioned ether. Anyway if cocaine is poison Elton John, Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton would all be dead, they took lots of it decades ago and they're still alive in their seventies. If a judge described coke as poison, surely that's grounds for an appeal.

Once again, bad examples because they have all been through massive rehab programs. Clapton is dead years ago and Elton has been close to death many times. Coca leaves are cut up, petrol is used as a solvent to extract the active ingredient, lime is the carrier. Thats the stuff that burns out your septum. I dont know much about Ringo Starr.

Once again, bad examples because they have all been through massive rehab programs. Clapton is dead years ago and Elton has been close to death many times. Coca leaves are cut up, petrol is used as a solvent to extract the active ingredient, lime is the carrier. Thats the stuff that burns out your septum. I dont know much about Ringo Starr.
    Clapton is NOT dead he's 75 and he has a tour planned for 2021, google it, Ringo will be 80 next month and he'll be one of the healthiest looking octogenarians on the planet. Elton John is 73 and he looks pretty healthy on that chocolate ad he's currently on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 croker99

I can't believe this thread is still going, who the hell cares

Clapton is NOT dead he's 75 and he has a tour planned for 2021, google it, Ringo will be 80 next month and he'll be one of the healthiest looking octogenarians on the planet. Elton John is 73 and he looks pretty healthy on that chocolate ad he's currently on.

Claptons not dead yet!??!!? I thought he was.
    Still all bad examples as they were in rehab and stopped in time. Real people dont have money for that sort of stuff, a few grand a week at the Priory.
    Pick real life examples who dont get treatment like Gerry Ryan and Simon Young. That is what happens to lads who dont get treatment. I never met Gery Ryan but I know someone at RTE who did know him and said he was nothing like his "friends" said. You see Christy Dignam who now has cancer after years of drug abuse.

croker99 wrote: »

Joshua will be a reformed character and married to one of lady Zara Phillips kids before this thread is ended.

Claptons not dead yet!??!!? I thought he was.
    Still all bad examples as they were in rehab and stopped in time. Real people dont have money for that sort of stuff, a few grand a week at the Priory.
    Pick real life examples who dont get treatment like Gerry Ryan and Simon Young. That is what happens to lads who dont get treatment. I never met Gery Ryan but I know someone at RTE who did know him and said he was nothing like his "friends" said. You see Christy Dignam who now has cancer after years of drug abuse.
    I read the coroner's report on Gerry Ryan's death, it said it was 'likely' cocaine caused it, that word doesn't mean definitely, it also said he was taking 3 legal drugs for stress, anxiety and sleeping disorder and if you google drug-related deaths Ireland 2017 you'll see legal drugs killed more than illegal ones. Regarding Christy I knew people who died from cancer and they never smoked cigarettes, never mind heroin.

croker99 wrote: »

you're right I'm a sad b@s@@rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Pneumonia? *Wink wink*

Might be drug related. But that's different to an overdose.

I read the coroner's report on Gerry Ryan's death, it said it was 'likely' cocaine caused it, that word doesn't mean definitely, it also said he was taking 3 legal drugs for stress, anxiety and sleeping disorder and if you google drug-related deaths Ireland 2017 you'll see legal drugs killed more than illegal ones. Regarding Christy I knew people who died from cancer and they never smoked cigarettes, never mind heroin.

Likely? the man had massive debts, did you see how he ballooned out? That stuff will blow your heart out. Now I have no doubt doctors in this country havent a clue what they are doing with prescriptions and are over prescribing to make up numbers. You seem to think that cocaine has no side effects and they are wonderful people to live with. I have no doubt mixing cocaine with antidepressant and sleeping pills would be counter productive.

Likely? the man had massive debts, did you see how he ballooned out? That stuff will blow your heart out. Now I have no doubt doctors in this country havent a clue what they are doing with prescriptions and arske over prescribing to make up numbers. You seem to think that cocaine has no side effects and they are wonderful people to live with. I have no doubt mixing cocaine with antidepressant and sleeping pills would be counter productive.
    Yes I would love to share lodgings with Maradona and Macca, Legends

Likely? the man had massive debts, did you see how he ballooned out? That stuff will blow your heart out. Now I have no doubt doctors in this country havent a clue what they are doing with prescriptions and are over prescribing to make up numbers. You seem to think that cocaine has no side effects and they are wonderful people to live with. I have no doubt mixing cocaine with antidepressant and sleeping pills would be counter productive.

I' m off to sleep now please post a fact,instead of of an inaccurtate opinion, such as 'clapton is dead or Macca hasn't got a luxury house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Paul McCartney does not live a luxurious life. He spends his day gardening and in scotland and lives a very simple and frugal life.

Macca has always been notoriously frugal when it comes to other people. A journalist was once chasing a big story about him but when the source mentioned that Paul bought him a pint he became extremely sceptical.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Macca has always been notoriously frugal when it comes to other people. A journalist was once chasing a big story about him but when the source mentioned that Paul bought him a pint he became extremely sceptical.

On valid reply : Scousers!!

enfield-scousers-620-257812546.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Paul McCartney does not live a luxurious life. He spends his day gardening and in scotland and lives a very simple and frugal life. He usually shys away from publicity since he retired, he came back into the public eye for when he was married to Heather Mills and that was the second most expensive mistake of his life. He must have been high when they sold the Beatles back catalogue. Then look who bought it? Michael Jackson.

Paul was offered it, he turned it down. Jackson asked both Paul and Yoko, as he was friends with them, could he bid for it, they both said yes. Jackson got it, Paul was peeved as he expected Jackson to give some of it back to him for free but, Jackson didn't as Paul owned Buddy Holly's music and often let it be used on advertisements to earn a lot of money. They fell out and there was a lot of bad feeling towards Jackson, a black man, owning The Beatles music, from people in the industry and the music press.

Fun fact, it was more than just The Beatles' music. It was filled full of artists' like Chuck Berry, James Brown, Little Richard, Elvis Presley. It was and is worth an absolute fortune. Jackson gave Little Richard, Chuck Berry and James Brown back the rights to their music and I think that's what pissed Paul off about the whole thing.

Deals like that in the music industry really make for interesting reading. Would recommend reading about some of them if you ever have the time or fancy it :)

MOR316 wrote: »
    Paul was offered it, he turned it down. Jackson asked both Paul and Yoko, as he was friends with them, could he bid for it, they both said yes.

Deals like that in the music industry really make for interesting reading. Would recommend reading about some of them if you ever have the time or fancy it :)

Really? I doubt that was Paul's decision, I would say that was made off the back of some accountant or financial advisor who just saw it as "old" music. That must have been the thinking when Brian Epstein sold it. I wonder what it was estimated at the time, earned since and valued at now.

Maybe Jakko wasnt so whacko after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,316 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Really? I doubt that was Paul's decision, I would say that was made off the back of some accountant or financial advisor who just saw it as "old" music. That must have been the thinking when Brian Epstein sold it. I wonder what it was estimated at the time, earned since and valued at now.

Maybe Jakko wasnt so whacko after all?

sony paid $750M last year for jacksons 50% share of the back catalogue

• Advertisement

sony paid $750M last year for jacksons 50% share of the back catalogue

Is that right that the catalogue is only good for 50 years for royalties after the artist death then it enters the public domain? I dont think Jackson was so smart but he had smart people working for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement