Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprising shortages

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

No Kittensoft toilet roll available any more. It's like it has been discontinued? A couple of varieties appear on Tesco website, but are actually unavailable if you order. Not listed at all any more on SuperValu. And none on the shelves. Has it been re-branded or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I cant find the green connaght gold butter anywhere the last two weeks, really missing it all the other spreads dont taste as nice or arent spreadable enough!
    what up with just that one being missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Dettol Surface Cleanser has been gone for 2+ months now.

Wasnt surprised initially that it was hard to get but I really thought the supply chain would have recovered by now.

Is it possible that certain brands are being consumed in other markets and just not making it to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,937 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sundried tomatoes... no sign of jars in Tesco or Supervalu.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Baking Powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

No Kittensoft toilet roll available any more. It's like it has been discontinued? A couple of varieties appear on Tesco website, but are actually unavailable if you order. Not listed at all any more on SuperValu. And none on the shelves. Has it been re-branded or something?

there was a whole end of an aisle full of kitten soft in tesco dundrum a few days ago, wouldnt have paid any heed to it only it reminded me of this post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

White sauce for lasagne. None in Super Value or Tesco. Is everyone making use of all the pasta sheets they stored up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Daemonic wrote: »
    White sauce for lasagne. None in Super Value or Tesco. Is everyone making use of all the pasta sheets they stored up??

make your own white sauce, very simple. I like Mary Berrys one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Daemonic wrote: »

Loads in Lidl, dolmio and own brand, and aldi D14 area Thursday\saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Eggs seem to be short again. Was in Aldi nutgrove this morning early, only about one eight of the "egg shelf" full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

SozBbz wrote: »
    Dettol Surface Cleanser has been gone for 2+ months now.

Wasnt surprised initially that it was hard to get but I really thought the supply chain would have recovered by now.

Is it possible that certain brands are being consumed in other markets and just not making it to Ireland.

Just the standard Dettol or Savlon antiseptics- cannot see these anywhere for love nor money?
    They’re usually stocked around plasters etc aren't they? Nothing to do with bloody covid I want it for. Idiot hoarders buying all this stuff and just leaving it in cupboards no doubt. Sooner the nonsense comes to an end the better

Surprisingly... Smithwicks (the original in the red can or bottle) out of stock in Tesco and Supervalu... I like it with fish and chips :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup is also impossible to find! Things couldn't be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭victor8600

kenmc wrote: »
    Eggs seem to be short again. Was in Aldi nutgrove this morning early, only about one eight of the "egg shelf" full.

This one could be due to the ongoing avian flu outbreak.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/bird-flu-this-has-the-potential-to-leave-no-irish-eggs-in-the-country/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

VonLuck wrote: »
    Is anyone noticing a shortage of rice? Seeing nothing but microwave rice and none of the normal stuff.

Lidl Portmarnock hasn't had rice for a month now. Email lidl to see if there was some distribution problem, their reply was that there is no shortage of rice and they'd get on to the local store. Still no rice, so don't know now. Might order online at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Lidl Portmarnock hasn't had rice for a month now. Email lidl to see if there was some distribution problem, their reply was that there is no shortage of rice and they'd get on to the local store. Still no rice, so don't know now. Might order online at this stage.

I bought a 1kg bag of regular basmatti in Tesco about a week ago, seemed to have plenty.

If you have an Asian store near by it might be wroth checking, I sometimes buy my rice there and you can buy massive bags and the prices are usually good. I like to go to an asian shop and stock up on store cupboard items (soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, rice, spices etc) every so often. They tend to sell in bigger quantities than supermarkets but if you cook that type of food regularly, then it can be a lot cheaper than buying from the supermarkets. All of the above have a long shelf life so even if there isnt one very near by, its wroth doing occiosionally.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lidl swords has huge bags of rice

Not sure where else to put this... has anyone seen Dettol Laundry Cleanser on the shelves?
    I can't seem to get it in Tesco or Supervalu online.

It's the laundry cleanser you add to washing to kill any viruses or bacteria on it - not the washing machine cleanser to decale your machine.

OIP.11XGQiosbytoMFzsg3w1VQHaHa?w=212&h=212&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Not sure where else to put this... has anyone seen Dettol Laundry Cleanser on the shelves?
    I can't seem to get it in Tesco or Supervalu online.

It's the laundry cleanser you add to washing to kill any viruses or bacteria on it - not the washing machine cleanser to decale your machine.

OIP.11XGQiosbytoMFzsg3w1VQHaHa?w=212&h=212&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

Waste of money, any decent detergent will denature the virus. Same as regular soap is just as effective as anti bac.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Strong bread/pizza flour continues to be the one thing I can never get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Common sense?

Waste of money, any decent detergent will denature the virus. Same as regular soap is just as effective as anti bac.

I should also add it makes your whites whiter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

This virus yes, but not all viruses. Enteric viruses are not killed by regular laundering with detergent.

This virus yes, but not all viruses. Enteric viruses are not killed by regular laundering with detergent.

And something similiar to bear in mind come winter is that hand sanitiser doesnt kill such viruses as norovirus aka winter vomiting bug

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Normal Savlon or Dettol liquid seems to have disappeared since last spring. Can’t see it anywhere. I thought it would have fed through the supply chain by now surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Spinach !
    Couldn't get any last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Had an awful time getting vanilla essence a few weeks back - went to 4 separate shops and left empty handed. I've gotten some since though!

road_high wrote: »
    Normal Savlon or Dettol liquid seems to have disappeared since last spring. Can’t see it anywhere. I thought it would have fed through the supply chain by now surely?

Their supplies were decimated in March and April- any stocks arriving into supermarkets are quickly taken now as volumes of production still can’t keep up with demand and there are no supplies in storage - as I was told by my local supermarket

Advertisement