Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antanov 225 visit to Shannon June 10 2020

• 10-06-2020 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0610/1146491-ppe-plane-shannon/

Came here to look for a thread about this when I read about it this morning. Maybe I'm missing it but can't see one.

Would love to see some pictures if anybody will be out watching. Definitely won't be able to go myself but always wanted to see this plane!

Edit: Just see it now on the Flightradar thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Currently over The Black Sea...
    https://fr24.com/ADB3429/24aa823b

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

If anyone is going there and do a live stream via facebook will you let us know here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who does this one belong to?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Who does this one belong to?

Antanov Airlines in Ukraine...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_Airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I swore that the next time this appeared in Ireland I'd take leave and travel down to see it.

Not this time unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rodDaly69

I doubt I'll be able to make it down for her coming in. But does anyone know when it's leaving? Would be great to see her take off at least

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Any chance it will be streamed anywhere ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Still due out tomorrow I believe, hopefully someone competent with a camera can stream it

Still due out tomorrow I believe, hopefully someone competent with a camera can stream it

Any idea what time, I should be able to swing a day of leave tomorrow, today was just too short of notice.

If I get it off I will do a livestream ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

It's meant to depart around 10am on Thursday morning going to Leipzig, Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭josip

12-15 years ago we were waiting in Prague for the 2nd leg of our Czech Airlines flight.
    I was doing some 'important' work on the laptop and my wife went for a walk.
    She came back and said, 'come quickly, there's a big plane'.
    I reluctantly followed assuming 'big' meant a 747 or something.
    But no, there taxi-ing to the runway was the 225, all 6 engines of her.
    Ground crew beneath us stopped what they were doing too.
    After a few minutes pause it started moving down the runway.
    Horrendous amounts of black smoke trailing behind it.
    For a brief moment I thought, this is what a T-34 with wings would look like.
    It t o o k f o r e v e r to get off the ground and its angle of attack was almost negligible.
    It was fairly quickly lost to sight behind the black smokescreen from the engines.
    It just didn't seem possible that something so big and heavy should be able to fly.
    Probably only a live rocket launch could top that for me.
    Very grateful to my wife for dragging my difficult butt away from the laptop that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's meant to depart around 10am on Thursday morning going to Leipzig, Germany.

It didn't by the looks of it, it's GYD - SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Heading down to Shannon now from Ennis, hope there's space in one of the viewing spots

Heading down to Shannon now from Ennis, hope there's space in one of the viewing spots

Let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭xabi

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭josip

xabi wrote: »

Maybe if Niall Maloney sent someone out to live stream the landing and take off, it would be more effective than media announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Coming across the Irish Sea, should make Wexford in about 10 minutes or less

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Shannon are using RWY 06 at the moment, so it will come in over the Shannon Estuary, landing on the tower end of the runway

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Kencollins wrote: »
    Shannon are using RWY 06 at the moment, so it will come in over the Shannon Estuary, landing on the tower end of the runway

Feck, im at the other end

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TomTree

Any way of watching it land online ?

• Advertisement

md323 wrote: »
    Feck, im at the other end

Probably better off, get to feel the reverse thrust... Is it busy there?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Probably better off, get to feel the reverse thrust... Is it busy there?

With the amount of cars here, easily a thousand here

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭crow_eat_crow

Could anyone put it up on Periscope?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »

Wow, did they go through the 2007 lost and found box to find the worst phone possible to record that with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

rodDaly69 wrote: »
    Wow, did they go through the 2007 lost and found box to find the worst phone possible to record that with?

More to do with the signal they had I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

vicwatson wrote: »
    It didn't by the looks of it, it's GYD - SNN

That's meant to be tomorrows departure from Shannon, not today's arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

rodDaly69 wrote: »

Looks like it. Terrible picture quality! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭jogdish

Ah portrait mode we meet again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

jogdish wrote: »
    Ah portrait mode we meet again

HOW?! In this day and age........

Anyway, disappointed it came in over the water. It would have flown right over us here at work in Sixmilebridge. Everyone here was excited to go out and see her go over:(

Advertisement