Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

You even say the bulgarians come yearly to pick fruit, yet this is the first time i have heard anybody complain becasue they have a genuine reason to, nothing to do with xenophobia, if it were people would be complaining every year no? Your argument is baseless and you have been proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

glasso wrote: »
    these workers are far far more likely (assuming numbers correct) to pick it up here than be bringing it.
    Well that's a pretty silly assumption.
    Number of actual cases and number of confirmed cases are not the same.
    but of course it's easier to get hyperbolic about "dem foreigners, coming here picking our strawberries"
    It's nothing to do with what passport they hold, irish people should be treated the same.
    they have done 18,000 tests already.
    Ireland has done 18k per million. Bulgaria 2.6k per million.
    So per head, we've done 9 times as many tests. So it's hardly surprising that we've detected much more cases. That's because they have undetected cases.
    If people die from covid, without testing, they don't get recorded as covid deaths. You can't assume worldometers figure are the extent of cases.

The work needs to be done. I wouldn't criticise the workers.
    The issue is the lack of screening or basic checks at the border.

you're ignoring the facts - that the virus is already here and that's where the REAL danger of things getting out of control is.

not some load of Bulgarians isolated on a strawberry farm.

it's Irish eejits visiting mates or relations in indoor environments that is the real danger.

you're ignoring the facts - that the virus is already here and that's where the REAL danger of things getting out of control is.

not some load of Bulgarians isolated on a strawberry farm.

Oh give up, you are calling people xenophobes when they have genuine concerns, the words racist and xenpophbic have lost all meaning when people like you are using them(xenophobic) in instances like this.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Oh give up, you are calling people xenophobes when they have genuine concerns, the words racist and xenpophbic have lost all meaning when people like you are using them(xenophobic) in instances like this.

more prudent to focus on the REAL concern right now - which is community spread.

when Ireland has it's community spread under control to some extent, concerns about the tiny traffic in the airport can be be given more focus and testing.

so what about McGregor wanting to close the ports - you agree with that also - where is a significant portion of our food going to come from?

• Advertisement

more prudent to focus on the REAL concern right now - which is community spread.

when Ireland has it's community spread under control to some extent, concerns about the tiny traffic in the airport can be be given more focus and testing.

so what about McGregor wanting to close the ports - you agree with that also - where is a significant portion of our food going to come from?

where does community spread come from? Think about it before you reply? Did the Bulgarians have no close contact with anybody while travelling here? Now you are twisting the argument because you have no idea what you are talking about. mcgregor was talking about people coming here on the boat just to come home, i know many people near me who have travelled home from the uk. A recent traveller funeral in offaly had a load of people coming back for the funeral from the uk via boat. I know you are upset that you shouting xenophobe hasnt worked this time. Im sure you can go on another ill fated tirade with fake outrage in the future.

the priority focus in Ireland is based on actual expert input , not on some story (date, numbers?) passed around about a traveller funeral in Offaly or the Bulgarian fruit pickers bussed straight out to a farm from a country with tiny amounts of CV19 deaths.

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2020/0415/1130759-large-funeral/

they all have UK reg cars anyway. how many came from the UK

the main point about this story is that the gathering shouldn't be taking place at all, even if not 1 person came from the UK

McGregor claimed Ireland is self-sufficient which is total horse manure.

you seem to be obsessed about these sort of isolated incidents (if even actually true) and which only seem to confirm your bias and based on some notion that anyone and everyone that comes into Ireland must be infected at a higher rate than the population already here.

the priority focus in Ireland is based on actual expert input , not on some story (date, numbers?) passed around about a traveller funeral in Offaly or the Bulgarian fruit pickers bussed straight out to a farm from a country with tiny amounts of CV19 deaths.

you seem to be obsessed about these sort of isolated incidents (if even actually true) and which only seem to confirm your bias and based on some notion that anyone and everyone that comes into Ireland must be infected at a higher rate than the population already here.

Isolated incidents if true
    https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2020/0415/1130759-large-funeral/.

The health minster of Bulgaria said they haven't tested enough is that not expert enough? You are Wrong simple as.

Lol changed you post when you realised the funeral was true, they all have uk reg anyways you say, lol you are a comedian at this debating.

Isolated incidents if true
    https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2020/0415/1130759-large-funeral/.

The health minster of Bulgaria said they haven't tested enough is that not expert enough? You are Wrong simple as.

I'm not. you have to show me that that the infection rate is higher in Bulgaria than Ireland otherwise my statement is correct.

again, the gathering itself (funeral) is the problem here. 150 people should not be assembling obviously. no actual numbers on any UK attendees, just speculation.

• Advertisement

Lol changed you post when you realised the funeral was true, they all have uk reg anyways you say, lol you are a comedian at this debating.

I was verifying it.

pure speculation on UK involvement and it's not the point anyway.

if you can't see that the problem was the gathering number itself which is nothing to do with the UK then you're a lost cause.

If you cant see the point about the dangers of importing workers during a pandemic from a country that has very little testing done you have no cause,except fake outrage. verifying it but immediately you went to personally attack me and some bias you claim ihave before even checking it out, typical fake outage idiot.

Yes, that is a major concern. Nobody is suggesting we ignore that.
    I'm expecting that people can focus on more than one issues at one. Maybe that's asking too much.

Apparently Keelings have said that all works will have to quarantine. So at least people involve have been able to grasp the issue.

If you cant see the point about the dangers of importing workers during a pandemic from a country that has very little testing done you have no cause,except fake outrage. verifying it but immediately you went to personally attack me and some bias you claim ihave before even checking it out, typical fake outage idiot.

the workers were checked at the airport in accordance with procedures and bussed directly to their accommodation so as little contact as possible.

also you can see that the company only 27 replies locally for jobs there.

https://twitter.com/ingridmileyRTE/status/1251160044336381953

you "guarantee" that the testing in Hungary is terrible, but aside from an article saying that they will be doing more testing (isn't every country in the world planning to do more testing) but have no proof of 1 of them having CV19.

the fact is that their total recorded deaths from CV19 are less than 10% of Ireland's figure. That is the best indication that the problem is less than in Ireland.

you quote some hearsay about possible UK travellers at a traveller funeral but have zero proof of it, in fact missing the whole point about the real problem being the stupid travellers having the gathering in the first place.

as I said there will be more focus on points of entry once Ireland has gotten their internal spread under control and particularly as more traffic might potentially be going through the airport.

as restrictions would be relaxed in Ireland the focus will then be on preventing new outbreaks.

you can continue the thread about the Bulgarians here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070753&page=34

You are totally after changing your tune, you originally said nothing to see here very very few cases inn Bulgaria nothing to worry about and now you are backtracking and saying they are in quarantine so its ok, you have lost your fake outrage argument get over it. The traveller funeral hearsay full of uk vans but you didnt believe that and accused me of bias until you found out i was telling the truth. Your defense ah shur they all have uk vans. You are better off debating with a ten year old you will have more success.
    Your logic is great, dont bother try to control borders until we have the country under control, how in gods name can we control the spread in the country if we kept leaving possible infected people in, read back over what you posted you have made zero sense on anything. On another forum a few days ago you state no country has any idea about inflections but you claim here today Bulgaria has very very few.

You are totally after changing your tune, you originally said nothing to see here very very few cases inn Bulgaria nothing to worry about and now you are backtracking and saying they are in quarantine so its ok, you have lost your fake outrage argument get over it. The traveller funeral hearsay full of uk vans but you didnt believe that and accused me of bias until you found out i was telling the truth. Your defense ah shur they all have uk vans. You are better off debating with a ten year old you will have more success.
    Your logic is great, dont bother try to control borders until we have the country under control, how in gods name can we control the spread in the country if we kept leaving possible infected people in, read back over what you posted you have made zero sense on anything. On another forum a few days ago you state no country has any idea about inflections but you claim here today Bulgaria has very very few.

I didn't change my argument - that's a precaution - just weakens your argument even more so as you were going on about contact...

no country has a clue as to their actual infection rate in the population is what I said - you might have to read that again to grasp what that means

nevertheless the actual numbers of deaths is the only comparative here and Ireland's death number is over 1000% that of Bulgaria.

How could you originally say Bulgaria had very very few cases so as a reason for letting people in when you now say no country has a clue about the infection rate. You said they were more likely to catch it here but how do you know if no country has a clue about there infection rates. Deaths are not comparative as has been pointed out to you as not all deaths are investigated to find cause of death. Totally trying to twist your argument now, you haven't a notion what you are talking about. Suppose you haven't heard about asymptomatic people at all. Scientists reckon it could be a large percentage so your airport checks are worth **** all in these cases. Go and get informed you are looking very stupid here.

it's impossible to debate you as you just keep saying that you have won the argument in every post.

if you don't understand the government's strategy to focus first on controlling the internal spread that is not my problem.

they monitor the risks of external factors and don't really count Conor McGregor amongst their panel of experts.

How can they control internal if they dont control external, it makes no sense. Asymptomatic is a big reason why this is spreading, can you not understand that? The whole reason this started is because of the usual **** calling people,xenophobes racist for questioning what was going on. You said they came here yearly which is perfectly fine nobody ever said anything so that just shows its not xenophobia as to why people are questioning it. Good luck, we will agree to disagree, this is going nowhere.

• Advertisement

ha no my days work is over so im going home soon.

Jaysus,

it's even worse than you thought. I heard that they were going to a traveller wedding after all that.

Gkq2uOe.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Bleedin hell it's Chuck Liddel
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2882197688502339&id=100001364087281

Promoting Passage West Talent Show :D

Jaysus,

it's even worse than you thought. I heard that they were going to a traveller wedding after all that.

Gkq2uOe.png

https://extra.ie/2020/04/19/news/irish-news/convoy-uk-travellers-curragh?fbclid=IwAR18Wj9zqzn2ce9i1TteL7y6ZsMpsqHDfyf0BvSq84oom3qU0okBKMuOcYw

All hearsay shur, no travellers coming from uk, shur they all drive uk vans in ireland but dont come from the uk. Cool story

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Whiskey is one of the best sold in the world too. Mr Money

BSK wrote: »
    Whiskey is one of the best sold in the world too. Mr Money
    No it isn't. Not even close.

It's done very well for a brand only ~18 months old, and has climbed the domestic ladder but absolutely nowhere near the best selling drops in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mellor wrote: »
    No it isn't. Not even close.

It's done very well for a brand only ~18 months old, and has climbed the domestic ladder but absolutely nowhere near the best selling drops in the world.
    4th best selling (or most popular anyway) seemingly. That's actually not a bad achievement. Although not being the priciest and being able to ship it out en masse helped with that I imagine.
    Jameson, Tullamore Dew and Bushmills are ahead of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah this article has it as 4th best selling Irish whiskey in the world.

Considering it came from nowhere not even two years ago and doesn't have much going for it other than McGregor's endorsement, that's fairly spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Homelander wrote: »
    Yeah this article has it as 4th best selling Irish whiskey in the world.

Considering it came from nowhere not even two years ago and doesn't have much going for it other than McGregor's endorsement, that's fairly spectacular.
    it is a fad though, it has no real staying power as it's only lidl bushmills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

it is a fad though, it has no real staying power as it's only lidl bushmills
    Nobody knows that. McGregor has his ad on ESPN during every fight night. He's a big deal and as long as he is the whiskey will continue to sell.
    He seems to be pretty smart as far as notoriety is concerned. He became huge, then reached all the haters with his antics and now has calmed down again showing some humility.
    He'll probably remain a big public figure long after he retires.

Advertisement