Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

taking the mick(y) - out again.

plonker can't help himself

may not be as easy to buy his way out this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

He will never fight in the UFC again. Absolute tool. Sooner he is removed from all UFC rankings and discussions the better for all other genuine fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Anybody watching the w2w finale?

John Kavanagh commentating, standard not bad at all for mostly amateur debutants

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

John Kavanagh commentating, standard not bad at all for mostly amateur debutants

It's more novice than amateur. 6 months training is all most have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Where you watching that ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

rob316 wrote: »
    It's more novice than amateur. 6 months training is all most have had.

Well it was a decent night of fights, I say amateur because they held to amateur standards but yes novice but hey everybody starts somewhere

It was on the fite TV app, over now

Conor "The Notorious sex offender" Mcgregor

He has had more sexual assault allegations against him than fights in the past 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Really enjoying Myles Jury's videos, some great insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

ASOT wrote: »
    Really enjoying Myles Jury's videos, some great insights.

Really nice to see such honesty

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks, gonna nip that one in the bud. I will keep an eye on what unfolds with it and see then but no discussion on it for now. That includes pm's asking about what was posted either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

A bit harsh deleting all that? I dunno where else to post it on the forum. It's definitely relevant to the MMA community here though.

EDIT: Ok, Fair enough. I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ended up down a wikipedia journey last night and stumbled across the page for Joe Son. Fairly horrific.

If anyone recalls watching UFC 3, this was the event where Royce Gracie submitted Kimo Leopoldo in the first tournament round, but was too injured to make it out for his second fight. Kimo then stormed the octagon with Son, who was his then coach in celebration of this. Son himself was an MMA fighter that retired with a poor 0-4 record.

He was also an actor and you might remember him from Austin Powers as Random Task.

In 2008, he was convicted of vandalism and part of his sentence involved submitting a DNA sample. Said sample linked him to a gang rape in 1990, for which he got 17 years. In prison, he beat his cellmate to death and got a further 27 years.

Mad how I've seen this guy on screen in two different ways and had no idea how awful a person he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Ended up down a wikipedia journey last night and stumbled across the page for Joe Son. Fairly horrific.

If anyone recalls watching UFC 3, this was the event where Royce Gracie submitted Kimo Leopoldo in the first tournament round, but was too injured to make it out for his second fight. Kimo then stormed the octagon with Son, who was his then coach in celebration of this. Son himself was an MMA fighter that retired with a poor 0-4 record.

He was also an actor and you might remember him from Austin Powers as Random Task.

In 2008, he was convicted of vandalism and part of his sentence involved submitting a DNA sample. Said sample linked him to a gang rape in 1990, for which he got 17 years. In prison, he beat his cellmate to death and got a further 27 years.

Mad how I've seen this guy on screen in two different ways and had no idea how awful a person he was.

Is there anywhere online to watch these old UFCs from the early days? Really want to watch them from UFC 1-50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Is there anywhere online to watch these old UFCs from the early days? Really want to watch them from UFC 1-50.

Fight Pass should have them?

I don't have FP but assume they must have all the old events up (They should have the Pride and WEC events too).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just Google whatever you want to watch. Most of those older fights are on youtube or Dailymotion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

g05mkXX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Victor Belfort surely was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Andrei ORlovski

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ben Askern is meant to be boxing Jake Paul in March next year

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1341539430973247490?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anybody been watching The Mandalorian? Fair to say Gina Carano won't be making weight anytime soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anybody been watching The Mandalorian? Fair to say Gina Carano won't be making weight anytime soon

You leave Gina the **** alone ya hear...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Me watching S2

OaSzETQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dashoonage wrote: »
    You leave Gina the **** alone ya hear...

ah i'm a big fan, just can't believe the change in her since she stopped fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

ah i'm a big fan, just can't believe the change in her since she stopped fighting

Is this a bad time to bring up her ****ty beliefs about covid and Trump etc? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks, no talk about legal issues and court cases. Its very clear in the first post.

There is a thread in Current Affairs discussing today's news about him being sued

If posting there do not make any unproven allegations

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone else see that video of till and the cops. He goes mental. Funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just seen dana claim that he found a fella that said he's gonna stream the fight Saturday. He says we are watching his house and tapped his phones 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

dave1982 wrote: »
    Just seen dana claim that he found a fella that said he's gonna stream the fight Saturday. He says we are watching his house and tapped his phones 🀣🀣🀣

I get the impression he is more talking about a fella who is responsible for distribution of the stream (the host) rather than just one Joe Bloggs who plans to watch it by himself.

Imagine settling in to watch the fight with your few beers, big bag of peanuts, kids gone to bed and all of a sudden the police smash down your door and drag you away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Advertisement