Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

See Conor was the top headline of the BBC Sport section earlier calling for the army to be put out on the streets of Ireland, I couldn't tell from reading the article quotes how serious it was

• Registered Users Posts: 20,538 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

fitzparker wrote: »
    Anyone see Darren Till?

Starts the week off great with the video to Isreal (comical)

Ended with promoting his friendship to Daniel Kinahan

Didn't Darren career really start because he had to pull a runner form Liverpool and ended up living in Brazil ? he's no stranger to that kind of world ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Didn't Darren career really start because he had to pull a runner form Liverpool and ended up living in Brazil ? he's no stranger to that kind of world ,

Yeah he got stabbed badly and his coach at the time sent him to Brazil after and that's how he turned pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

https://twitter.com/Jimcorrsays/status/1244701830959058945

Conor getting involved with some very serious people :pac:

Still Ill wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Jimcorrsays/status/1244701830959058945

Conor getting involved with some very serious people :pac:

I'd believe Ali Abdelaziz before I'd believe anything Gemma says. Mad crackpot :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

ASOT wrote: »
    I'd believe Ali Abdelaziz before I'd believe anything Gemma says. Mad crackpot.

Yeah, she's nuts, but it does sound like the type of stuff he says. Didn't he send similar to Blindboy? I'd well believe he sent it.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Yeah, she's nuts, but it does sound like the type of stuff he says. Didn't he send similar to Blindboy? I'd well believe he sent it.

Yeah to be fair I wouldn't put it passed him, I just find it very hard to take her serious so everything she says would be taken with a truckload of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Hang on, she's mad as it is anyways, but she said she messaged him ages ago asking him to use his voice to speak out about corruption and then accusses his fan base of being a 'seriously dummed down cohort". That same fan base she no doubt wanted him to speak to in her request for a video?

So he never responded to her video on corruption request but got a 3am message today that just said "Hello Gemma". So she DM'd him back, calling him a puppet and giving him abuse for an embarrassing video message. Did she expect a "sound, thanks Gemma" response from him? And she's very selective only reading out one line of his "long winded" response which she wants to perceive as a threat.

She's absolutely crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor off on one again bout the corona.. He's even got Dublin Airport responding to him 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hes having a twitter war with stena line, its actually brilliant the back and forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

rob316 wrote: »
    Hes having a twitter war with stena line, its actually brilliant the back and forth.

Bad form posting your man's personal Twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Ah its funny. A multi millionaire sportsman is picking a fight with a ferry company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Really bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rob316 wrote: »
    Ah its funny. A multi millionaire sportsman is picking a fight with a ferry company.

It's not funny, it's orchestrated online harassment. McGregor is no thick but imagine how smart he'd be if he used some of his brain cells every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Vague xenophobia about it also with the Brit reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ush1 wrote: »
    Vague xenophobia about it also with the Brit reference.

I know he's constantly at it and his own name of British origin then.

McGregor just reinforcing how much of a twat he is, just in case anyone had forgotten.

https://www.rt.com/sport/485612-conor-mcgregor-twitter-simon-stena/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,550 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I know he's constantly at it and his own name of British origin then.
    If a guy with the surname Costa criticises Portuguese people despite being born in this country are you going to say that about him?
    glasso wrote:
    McGregor just reinforcing how much of a twat he is, just in case anyone had forgotten.
    He is annoyed about how negligent people are and he's right.

eagle eye wrote: »

doxxing low-level company employees to his millions of sh1tter followers is cool yeah?

glasso wrote:
    doxxing low-level company employees to his millions of sh1tter followers is cool yeah?
    I never said it would as cool.

• Advertisement

and as usual he is taking up the wrong end of the stick

the main risk in Ireland at the moment is people spreading CV19 by visiting each other / meeting in groups, not the truck drivers bringing food into Ireland on the ferrys. (there are no large scale tourist infiltrations happening)

Do you honestly think, given McGregor's track record, that it's just him and Dee holed up in the gaff?

glasso wrote:
    Do you honestly think, given McGregor's track record, that it's just him and Dee holed up in the gaff?
    I have no idea how anybody reacts to what's going on, some people who I considered smart have been idiots and some I expected wouldn't heed the warnings have done.
    I think based on what he's said to this point that McGregor has been very responsible.

I have no idea how anybody reacts to what's going on, some people who I considered smart have been idiots and some I expected wouldn't heed the warnings have done.
    I think based on what he's said to this point that McGregor has been very responsible.

do you not think that instead of fuelling a non-existent xenophobic argument that it would be more useful to focus on the actual real issues of spread in Ireland?

glasso wrote:
    do you not think that instead of fuelling a non-existent xenophobic argument that it would be more useful to focus on the actual real issues of spread in Ireland?
    He has been doing that and was the first well known person to donate money for PPE gear as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

He has been doing that and was the first well known person to donate money for PPE gear as far as I'm aware.

doxxing that guy is scummy all the same though.

Yes, but U2 are at least 10 times better than he is :pac:

and generally more useful...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ireland-wields-its-soft-power-as-bono-joins-coronavirus-fight-1.4226244

McGregor and Kavananagh seem to to be pushing this xenophobia stuff - I can see how that appeals to the lcd audience (lowest common denominator) but it's bs

how does he think the doctors returning to Ireland are getting here for example- on the starship enterprise?

if they actually wanted to be useful with their social media then focus on muppets not spreading the virus that is already here via groups, parties, house visting etc.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1250040229567881216

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

glasso wrote: »

Don't be throwing these wild rumours about, Bono will think people actually like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

and generally more useful...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ireland-wields-its-soft-power-as-bono-joins-coronavirus-fight-1.4226244

McGregor and Kavananagh seem to to be pushing this xenophobia stuff - I can see how that appeals to the lcd audience (lowest common denominator) but it's bs

how does he think the doctors returning to Ireland are getting here for example- on the starship enterprise?

if they actually wanted to be useful with their social media then focus on muppets not spreading the virus that is already here via groups, parties, house visting etc.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1250040229567881216

There's nothing xenophobic about JK's tweet, in fact he's even asking for a cut off on repatriation.

he's asking for the airport to be closed down.

where do the essential workers come in to Ireland do you think?

where do you think the cv19 spreading is really happening that is driving the numbers- it's already here and it's not infected people coming in through the airport.

Do you think that the government and the people running the airport are idiots in this regard?
    Definition of xenophobia
    : fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

to deny that pushing an agenda about closing the airport is xenophobic whereas the real problem is elsewhere is a bit naive at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

he's asking for the airport to be closed down.

where do the essential workers come in to Ireland do you think?

where do you think the cv19 spreading is really happening that is driving the numbers- it's already here and it's not infected people coming in through the airport.

Do you think that the government and the people running the airport are idiots in this regard?
    There's nothing xenophobic at all there. He specifically refereed the irish people not foreigners? I have no idea how you think it is.

The airport needs to be open for essential travel obviously. But having it open without screening, quarantine or restriction (if true) seems foolish at best. Not being the main source new cases, doesn't mean it's not a source.

And Gemma o Doherty is completely septic. Not wrong there.

Advertisement