Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

McGregor has already proven himself (by multiple utterances recorded as we know so this is not speculation) a racist homophobe.

It's hardly surprising that xenophobe is his natural reaction in this situation.

CoachyK is just following his lead as he's still the main meal-ticket in town.

There are minuscule amounts of people going through the airport.

It's well recognised that there are many multiples of the Irish case numbers recorded as infected out there in reality due to most people not showing symptoms and the large backlog of testing. The real danger is the community increasing infection by not minimising contact with people outside your household.

That should be the main message given out by these boneheads during this crucial period if they actually wanted to be useful whereas they have spent the last few days stirring and tweeting about ferries and airports.

he's now telling the elected TD's that they can't form a government....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Did he ride your missus or something? You seem hung up on every single thing he does.

ASOT wrote: »
    Did he ride your missus or something? You seem hung up on every single thing he does.

are you his missus?

it's his level of delusion that is a mild distraction during this lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

glasso wrote: »
    are you his missus?

it's his level of delusion that is a mild distraction during this lockdown.

Pot, meet kettle. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

336 posts in MMA all slating McGregor. Jaysus someone has too much time on their hands.

still pushing his xenophobic agenda

-> lock the gates and forget about the world

lowest common denominator audience as I said...

obviously he thinks that Ireland is going to come up with it's own Vaccine ...? :pac::pac::pac:

no I actually gave him credit a few times but that was very rarely warranted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Did mcgregor donate t 1m as was seen in many articles but i haven't seen any irish media saying it, i could have missed it just wondering, it was on the nypost about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Did mcgregor donate t 1m as was seen in many articles but i haven't seen any irish media saying it, i could have missed it just wondering, it was on the nypost about it.

Yes he did

Irish media should have promoted it abit more tbf, or i could have just missed it, i heard about the likes of pogba giving 27grand or something like that and coleman giving maybe 15-30k cant recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

I see Sinead O'Connor had a bit of a go at him last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

eagle eye wrote: »
    If a guy with the surname Costa criticises Portuguese people despite being born in this country are you going to say that about him?

Just adequately criticises someone? No

Douses their criticism with sprinkles of clear dislike for Portugal it's perfectly reasonable to point out the obvious, why do you seem to think I would reserve this approach solely for Conor Mcgregor?

No harm in hoping some awareness or reflection can stomp out weak points of view, The man himself claims he started MMA to detract bullies you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Irish media should have promoted it abit more tbf, or i could have just missed it, i heard about the likes of pogba giving 27grand or something like that and coleman giving maybe 15-30k cant recall.

There was little to nothing in Irish media about it but he had stuff up on his own social media. Lorry's collecting boxes of PPE gear from a warehouse, staff at several Irish hospitals receiving the PPE gear, more PPE gear bring loaded onto a plane in Malaysia. €1.3m worth in total apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

xtal191 wrote: »
    I see Sinead O'Connor had a bit of a go at him last night

I think in this argument McGregor is right in a way. We are being told essential services people and people returning home to family are all that are passing through the airport. 148 people from Bulgaria arrived a couple of days ago to work for Keelings. All arrived with no screening, health checks, isolation recommendations. It doesn't make sense.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I think in this argument McGregor is right in a way. We are being told essential services people and people returning home to family are all that are passing through the airport. 148 people from Bulgaria arrived a couple of days ago to work for Keelings. All arrived with no screening, health checks, isolation recommendations. It doesn't make sense.

there were more new cases and deaths in Ireland yesterday in one day than Bulgaria have had in total since the start.

these workers are far far more likely (assuming numbers correct) to pick it up here than be bringing it.

this employment would have been arranged months in advance before CV19 and workers come in to do this sort of work every year. can't get Irish people to do this sort of work.

this is fruit in this case but someone has to pick the vegetables and fruit to be on sale in the shops - that's why they are classed as essential workers.

the virus is out there in the community and the main danger now is spreading it further through people going to visiting other people outside their household, house parties (guards had to shut down several over the weekend) etc etc.

but of course it's easier to get hyperbolic about "dem foreigners, coming here picking our strawberries"

there were more new cases and deaths in Ireland yesterday in one day than Bulgaria have had in total since the start.

these workers are far far more likely (assuming numbers correct) to pick it up here than be bringing it.

this employment would have been arranged months in advance before CV19 and workers come in to do this sort of work every year. can't get Irish people to do this sort of work.

this is fruit in this case but someone has to pick the vegetables and fruit to be on sale in the shops - that's why they are classed as essential workers.

the virus is out there in the community and the main danger now is spreading it further through people going to visiting other people outside their household, house parties (guards had to shut down several over the weekend) etc etc.

but of course it's easier to get hyperbolic about "dem foreigners, coming here picking our strawberries"

The testing level is bad here, guarantee you its alot worse in Bulgaria so they haven't a clue how many cases they have over there. why take the risk at all.

The testing level is bad here, guarantee you its alot worse in Bulgaria so they haven't a clue how many cases they have over there. why take the risk at all.

they probably have a fair idea of how many people die.

good to see we have a Bulgarian CV19 testing expert on boards tho.

they probably have a fair idea of how many people die.

good to see we have a Bulgarian CV19 testing expert on boards tho.

You are from Bulgaria i take it? You would have thought china had a fair idea how many died too i suppose. Clown.

You are from Bulgaria i take it? You would have thought china had a fair idea how many died too i suppose. Clown.

whataboutery 101

- China has nothing to do with the discussion but throw it in anyways.

whataboutery 101

- China has nothing to do with the discussion but throw it in anyways.

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/bulgaria-to-start-large-scale-coronavirus-testing/

Have aread there, get informed before you start judging people as xenophobes.

• Advertisement

heres.another article
    https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/04/15/world/europe/15reuters-health-coronavirus-bulgaria.html

But yeah you know how many people actually have the infection in Bulgaria right.

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/bulgaria-to-start-large-scale-coronavirus-testing/

Have aread there, get informed before you start judging people as xenophobes.

they have done 18,000 tests already.

this article says they are going to do more testing.

Ireland has to do more testing

Ireland has recorded 12 times as many deaths from CV19 than Bulgaria.

They are not going to be off 12 times on their deaths

So still stands that they have a higher chance of picking up CV19 here than bringing it from Bulgaria

McGregor if he wanted to be useful should be telling people to stay within their own household.

Like I'm sure he is :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Maybe we should start another thread for REALLY Off Topic Discussion. :pac:

heres.another article
    https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/04/15/world/europe/15reuters-health-coronavirus-bulgaria.html

But yeah you know how many people actually have the infection in Bulgaria right.

wow another article that says the exact same thing.

you do know that Ireland also is lacking in its testing.

should I post 2 articles saying that?

they have done 18,000 tests already.

this article says they are going to do more testing.

Ireland has to do more testing

Ireland has recorded 12 times as many deaths from CV19 than Bulgaria.

They are not going to be off 12 times on their deaths

So still stands that they have a higher chance of picking up CV19 here than bringing it from Bulgaria

McGregor if he wanted to be useful should be telling people to stay within their own household.

Like I'm sure he is :pac::pac::pac:

Look you are wrong simple as, they haven't a clue how many have it. The confirmed cases per tested is similar to here percentage wise, when they start testing they will realise how widespread it is. Dont try to be smart in future it dont suit you.

wow another article that says the exact same thing.

you do know that Ireland also is lacking in its testing.

should I post 2 articles saying that?

Look at percentage confirmed per tested ,similar to here, them articles were easy to find just to prove you wrong, trying to be smart didn't work out too well for you.

Look you are wrong simple as, they haven't a clue how many have it. The confirmed cases per tested is similar to here percentage wise, when they start testing they will realise how widespread it is. Dont try to be smart in future it dont suit you.

most case numbers from around the world are rubbish due to lack of sufficient tests and different testing policies.

that's why CV19 deaths are the only thing that can be remotely compared.

when someone is dying of pneunnomia it's fairly obvious.

Ireland has 12 times CV19 deaths that of Bulgaria

That is the best indication currently available that it's far more prevalent here than there.

most test numbers from around the world are rubbish due to lack of sufficient tests and different testing policies.

that's why CV19 deaths are the only thing that can be remotely compared.

when someone is dying of pneunnomia it's fairly obvious.

Ireland has 12 times CV19 deaths that of Bulgaria

That is the best indication currently available that it's far more prevalent here than there.

Look at the uk there weren't even recording out of hospital deaths until recently, you think Bulgaria is recording every death and investigating the actual cause, There is no way to know hence Ireland and keelings should have played it safe and not imported workers during the pandemic. Its common sense not that we are all xenphobes and for once i agree with mcgregors talk.

Look at the uk there weren't even recording out of hospital deaths until recently, you think Bulgaria is recording every death and investigating the actual cause, There is no way to know hence Ireland and keelings should have played it safe and not imported workers during the pandemic. Its common sense not that we are all xenphobes and for once i agree with mcgregors talk.

more whataboutery (UK)

if you want to go there there are deaths also not recorded in Ireland.

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-deaths-5073495-Apr2020/

12 times the deaths - best indication we have as I said. even the most incompetent nation is not going to be off by that margin.

McGregor also wants to close the ferries (where a lot of our food comes through)

he is focusing on the lowest common denominator subject - fuelling xenophobia

the government and people who run the airports and ports obviously have oversight of this

if you look at the numbers coming through the airports it is very small

one flight of Bulgarian workers (a low death country) and the "dem foreingers" crowd are out

the danger of the spread within Ireland is many many many multiples greater - do you not get that?

• Advertisement

My god, can you not understand? Your point was Bulgaria has way fewer cases than Ireland so no problem bring them in to work away, im showing you how in every country case rates death rates are not accurate so a judgement can not be made how widespread the disease is especially in Bulgaria where they have only tested 18000cases as you say, You even say Ireland has deaths not recorded which is proving my point that in Bulgaria and most countries the numbers are not accurate either yet here you are saying bulgaria is safe and has no problem. Saying whataboutery repeatedly doesn't change the fact you haven't a clue what you are talking about. Typical liberal response scream xenphobe-racist etc before and even after looking at the facts.

Advertisement