Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mallrats
    Barney’s Great Adventure: The Movie
    Cocomelon: Season 1
    Dreamgirls
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Geronimo: An American Legend
    Guest House Paradiso
    Kalek Shanab
    Little Giants
    Mickybo & Me
    No Country for Old Men
    Revolutionary Love: Season 1
    The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
    The Man with the Iron Fists
    Zombeavers
    Beethoven (1992)
    Fierce Creatures
    44 Cats: Season 2
    March Comes in Like a Lion: Season 1
    Keeping Up with the Kardashians: Season 1 and 2
    Married to Medicine: Season 1
    Wild at Heart
    Cook Off
    The Real Housewives of Atlanta: Season 1 and 2
    The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Season 1 and 2
    The Real Housewives of New York City: Season 1 and 2
    Eurotrip
    Below Deck
    Top Chef
    Ned Kelly
    Midnight Diner
    Menace II Society
    Waist Deep
    Dante’s Peak
    Friday (1995)
    The Titan Games: Season 1
    Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
    Wimbledon (2004)
    Wishmaster
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Changeling
    The Life of David Gale
    Sanctum
    Fastest
    Dear My Friends: Season 1
    Chinese Zodiac
    Anabelle
    Snowpiercer: Season 1, Episode 3

added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

peteeeed wrote: »
    Zombeavers

I can't see something like that without a quick Google. I think the posters tell you all you need to know :pac:

912%2BKDEhEwL._SL1500_.jpg61p7fj9-EML._RI_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Slattsy wrote: »
    That and Rick and Morty in June. Might tell the wife I have covid so I can self isolate.

I’ve been watching R&M weekly, another brilliant show

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

munster87 wrote: »
    And Jonathan Banks is in it :)

Playing his father isn’t he? He seems to hate him so should be good

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just with everything that's going on in the US at the moment I'm going to recommend the documentary "13th" again. It's mainly about the industrialization of the US prison system and how slavery is still legal in the US if it's as punishment for a crime. It charts the early days of the police and justice system and how it targeted freed slaves and grew through history to the industry it is now. It was being made just as Trump was running for president and there's some footage of him and his dog whistling, and explaining how his campaign was basically a continuation of The Southern Strategy that worked for Nixon and other Republican politicians decades before.
    There's a lot of information in it but it's really well presented and is a great starting point to understanding how things got to where they are today and on a wider scale it shows just how f**ked up the American political system is as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

June list updated

1st June
    Beethoven (1992)
    Fierce Creatures
    44 Cats: Season 2
    March Comes in Like a Lion: Season 1
    Keeping Up with the Kardashians: Season 1 and 2
    Married to Medicine: Season 1
    Wild at Heart
    Cook Off
    The Real Housewives of Atlanta
    The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
    Eurotrip
    Below Deck
    Top Chef
    Ned Kelly
    Midnight Diner
    Menace II Society
    Waist Deep
    Dante’s Peak
    Friday
    The Titan Games: Season 1
    Anthony Bourdain: Parks Unknown
    Wimbledon
    Wishmaster
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Changeling
    The Life of David Gale
    Sanctum
    Fastest
    Dear My Friends: Season 1
    Chinese Zodiac
    Anabelle
    Snowpiercer: Season 1, Episode 3

2nd June
    Fuller House: Season 5, Part 2
    Fannerinos are going to need a box of tissues, as Netflix’s reboot of the sitcom returns for its final episodes.

Garth Brooks: The Road I’m On
    The Addams Family (2019)
    True: Rainbow Rescue

3rd June
    Spelling the Dream
    Following four hopeful competitors’ journeys, this documentary explores the trend of Indian Americans ruling the Scripps National Spelling Bee since 1999.
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 5

4th June
    Baki: Part 3
    Baki Hanma travelled the world to hone his skill as a fighter with the intent of surpassing his father as the world’s strongest martial artist. Now, five of death row’s most brutal and violent inmates are gathering in force to take on Baki with the hope that he will annihilate them.

Can You Hear Me? Season 1
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 6

5th June
    13 Reasons Why: Season 4
    The teen drama, which is based on the book by Jay Asher, returns for its final season, which finds Liberty High School’s class preparing for graduation, as they are forced to make life-changing and heartbreaking choices about how their past will impact their future.

The Last Days of American Crime
    Based on the graphic novel, this new action movie stars Edgar Ramirez as Graham Bricke, a career criminal who was never able to hit the big score. When the US government plans to broadcast a signal making it impossible for anyone to knowingly commit unlawful acts – a final response to terrorism and crime – he teams up with a gangster and a hacker to commit the heist of the century before the signal goes off.

America’s Got Talent: Season 15
    The competition series returns to our screens, with episodes arriving following their US broadcast.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    Queer Eye: Season 5
    Merry Men 2: Another Mission
    Choked: Paisa Bolta Hai
    The King: Eternal Monarch: Season 1, Episode 15

6th June
    RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars: Season 5 (TBC)
    The Drag Race spin-off sees RuPaul bring back past contestants to compete for a spot in the Drag Race Hall of Fame. Expect episodes to arrive on the morning after their US debut, although this has not yet been officially confirmed.
    Horrid Henry’s Wild Weekend
    The King: Eternal Monarch: Season 1, Episode 16 (Finale)

7th June
    365 Days
    Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 6, Episode 4

8th June
    Snowpiercer: Season 1, Episode 4

9th June
    The Disaster Artist

10th June
    Lenox Hill: Season 1
    My Mister: Season 1
    Reality Z: Season 1
    Curon: Season 1
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 7

11th June
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 8

12th June
    F is for Family: Season 4 –
    Bill Burr’s comedy, co-created with Michael Price, takes us back to the 1970s for a slice of politically incorrect dysfunctional family comedy – with Jonathan Banks joining the show as Big Bill Murphy.

The Woods: Season 1
    The six-part mystery series, based on Harlan Coben’s novel, follows a Warsaw prosecutor, Paweł Kopiński, who is still grieving the loss of his sister from 25 years ago – the night she walked into the woods at a summer camp and was never seen again. But now, the discovery of a homicide victim – a boy who vanished along with Paweł’s sister – reveals evidence that links him to her disappearance. What really happened?

Da 5 Bloods
    Spike Lee’s new joint tells the story of four African American vets who return to Vietnam. Searching for the remains of their fallen squad leader and the promise of buried treasure, they battle forces of man and nature – while confronted by the lasting ravages of the immorality of the Vietnam War. Chadwick Boseman leads a cast that includes Delroy Lindo and Clarke Peters.
    Jo Koy: In His Elements
    Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts: Season 2
    The Search: Season 1
    America’s Got Talent: Season 15, Episode 2

13th June
    Alexa & Katie: Part 4
    Created by Heather Wordham, Netflix’s comedy returns once more to follow two teen best friends as they face not only the challenges of high school but also the lingering complexities of Alexa’s battle with cancer.

RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars: Season 5, Episode 2 (TBC)

14th June
    Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 6, Episode 5

15th June
    Snowpiercer: Season 1, Episode 5

17th June
    Mr Iglesias: Season 2
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 9

18th June
    The Order: Season 2
    Netflix’s horror series returns to follow college freshman Jack Morton, who joins the titular fabled secret society, where he is thrust into a world of magic, monsters and intrigue. As Jack goes deeper, he uncovers dark family secrets and an underground battle between werewolves and the magical dark arts.

A Whisker Away
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 10

19th June
    The Sinner: Season 3

Wasp Network
    Olivier Assayas’ latest film, based on a true story, follows Cuban spies who infiltrate exile groups in the 1990s to stop terrorism against the island – but at high personal cost. Penelope Cruz, Edgar Ramirez and Wagner Moura star.

The Politician: Season 2
    Created by Ryan Murphy (Glee, American Horror Story), the show follows Payton Hobart (Ben Platt), a wealthy student from Santa Barbara, California, who has known since age seven that he’s going to be the President of the United States.
    Father Soldier Son
    Floor Is Lava: Season 1
    Lost Bullet (Balle Perdue)
    Girls from Ipanema: Season 2
    One-Way to Tomorrow
    Rhyme Time Town: Season 1
    America’s Got Talent: Season 15, Episode 3

20th June
    RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars: Season 5, Episode 3 (TBC)

21st June
    Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 6, Episode 6

22nd June
    Snowpiercer: Season 1, Episode 6

23rd June
    Eric Andre: Legalize Everything

24th June
    Athlete A
    Nobody Knows I’m Here
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 11

25th June
    Mystic Pop-up Bar: Season 1, Episode 12

26th June
    Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga
    Netflix’s Eurovision comedy stars Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams as aspiring Icelandic musicians Lars Erickssong and Sigrit Ericksdottir. When they are given the opportunity of a lifetime to represent their country at the world’s biggest song competition, they finally have a chance to prove that any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for. The duo are joined on-screen by Pierce Brosnan – as Erick Erickssong, Lars’ father and the most handsome man in Iceland – and Dan Stevens.

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
    This impossibly enjoyable sequel is a pure blast of feel-good movie magic.

America’s Got Talent: Season 15, Episode 4

27th June
    Dark: Season 3
    The streaming giant’s first German original drama, created by Baran bo Odar and Jantje Friese, returns to continue the story of four families and their attempts to change their fate within their tightly knit community. Now, the final cycle is about to begin. Will the loop finally be broken?

RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars: Season 5, Episode 4 (TBC)

28th June
    Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 6, Episode 8

29th June
    Snowpiercer: Season 1, Episode 7

30th June
    George Lopez: We’ll Do It For Half

Date TBC
    Babies: Part 2
    Shameless: Season 1 to 11
    People Just Do Nothing: Season 5
    No Country for Old Men (2007)
    Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)
    Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging (2008)
    Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011)
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
    The Big Lebowski (1998)
    Scarface (1983)
    Being John Malkovich (1999)
    Billy Madison (1995)
    The Karate Kid (1984)
    Mallrats (1995)
    Dreamgirls (2006)
    The Holiday (2006)
    Dolly Parton: Here I Am (2019)
    Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018)
    Hereditary

Are you seriously recommending everything on this list? Some absolute sh*te on it.........

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Are you seriously recommending everything on this list? Some absolute sh*te on it.........

It's just updates. ANd to some of us lazy ****s, its useful info.

Keep up the good work Pated :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It's just updates. ANd to some of us lazy ****s, its useful info.

Keep up the good work Pated :)

Sorry, thought this thread was for Netflix recommendations as opposed to copy & paste lists from some random site....???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It clearly provides recommendations as well as updates on new stuff added/removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Sorry, thought this thread was for Netflix recommendations as opposed to copy & paste lists from some random site....???

Peteed regularly posts what's incoming or has been added on Netflix, and I for one am thankful for it

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Peteeeed posts daily updates of the new content on Netflix, this has been the case for ages now - and I'm confident like myself, most of us here are thankful for that effort.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Peteeeed posts daily updates of the new content on Netflix, this has been the case for ages now - and I'm confident like myself, most of us here are thankful for that effort.

Copy & paste is considered "effort"?

Anyway, in my opinion (and it is, of course, only my opinion) a list of what's coming and going from Netflix has no place on a Netflix recommendation thread....... it contributes absolutely nothing and just clogs up the thread whilst looking for actual recommendations from people who have actually viewed the content they are including in their posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

And yet here you are without a recommendation, just being a pr!ck

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

Copy & paste is considered "effort"?

Anyway, in my opinion (and it is, of course, only my opinion) a list of what's coming and going from Netflix has no place on a Netflix recommendation thread....... it contributes absolutely nothing and just clogs up the thread whilst looking for actual recommendations from people who have actually viewed the content they are including in their posts.

One of the reasons I follow this thread is that post of what’s coming next.

And yet here you are without a recommendation, just being a pr!ck

Just finished White Lines, really enjoyed it and would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Slattsy wrote: »
    Best show ever. By a long way!

Haha, as good as it is, its hardly deserving of that level of praise. It's basically just a very funny cartoon. Probably the best cartoon since say, Danger mouse or Topcat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Just finished White Lines, really enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Never recommend again ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

MadDog, peteeeed has been posting lists of the latest film/shows added to Netflix for quite some time now. Nobody, including the mods, has a problem with it except you.

Back on topic now please everyone. Keep it friendly. If you have a problem with a post, use the report post function.

Looks like I missed some excitement while out in the sun ��

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

BSK wrote: »
    Anyone started Midnight Gospel?
    Watched the first episode and really didn't like it. It's basically a podcast with animation so there's no real story or characterisation in it, just loads of crazy stuff happening as the character rambled around talking nonsense (the first episode was on drugs, with each episode covering a different topic with a different guest speaker).
    Shame as I love Pembleton Ward's work on "Adventure Time" which has little resemblance to this other than some of the crazy creatures.

Looks like I missed some excitement while out in the sun ��

Is this a film or a series?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Your Name has made its way from Amazon Prime to Netflix. Excellent Anime and one of my fave movies of recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Also added today, some of the greatest Irish accents ever - Far and Away

"I've no wish to fight ya"

Is this a film or a series?

Documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

CastorTroy wrote: »

"Tell me, tell me ya like me hat!"

CastorTroy wrote: »

I honestly kind of love Far & Away. If you can overlook the hammy accents and Oirishness of it all, it's actually kind of good.... maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I honestly kind of love Far & Away. If you can overlook the hammy accents and Oirishness of it all, it's actually kind of good.... maybe.

Seems the sun is affecting a lot of us today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember liking it as well. I'm sure if they made it today, they might actually get Irish actors. Probably Saoirse Ronan and Barry Keoghan. Of course they're the only 2 young Irish actors I can think of that are known internationally

Advertisement