Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI 18 Recruitment Waiting Room

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 S2024

Congrats to all who’ve received the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Yes well done everyone who got calls. Do most calls go out on the same day? Not expecting anymore tomorrow?

Get myself ready for a summer of waiting I guess fs haha

And can someone confirm GV is mon-fri, weekends off?

There could be more calls tomorrow, from what I've heard GV is normally Mon-Fri except if there is a bank holiday where you will get the Monday off and come in on the Saturday

When you receive a call do they actually give you a start date on the phone? Roughly how many weeks until you start so that you can give notice if you are working?

The start date is usually 6-8 weeks from the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

When you receive a call do they actually give you a start date on the phone? Roughly how many weeks until you start so that you can give notice if you are working?

Yes, they gave me a start date. You have more than enough time to work notice etc.

More calls going out today, best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

When is the induction day compared to the actual Monday start date?

sharon1986 wrote: »
    When is the induction day compared to the actual Monday start date?

I think it's about a month before, also start date in GV is a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

NornIron74 wrote: »
    I think it's about a month before, also start date in GV is a Sunday

My start isn't a Sunday......

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

It's normally a Sunday but I hear July is split over Sat and Sun due to social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Boobysingleton

Any calls today peeps?

• Advertisement

4thelads wrote: »
    My start isn't a Sunday......

Same lol

But yes it’s always been a Sunday historically. Sms is bang on, it’s to observe social distancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Any calls today peeps?

Doesn’t look like it! Looks like we’re waiting until the next set now, hoping I make the cut then not sure I can face more waiting about after that

Doesn’t look like it! Looks like we’re waiting until the next set now, hoping I make the cut then not sure I can face more waiting about after that

You'd need to get a call in the next set, as I want one too lol

You'd need to get a call in the next set, as I want one too lol

Some waiting fs, coming up on 2 years from application. Hopefully all get sorted soon, once we start GV time will fly I’m sure, won’t know what’s hit us lol

Some waiting fs, coming up on 2 years from application. Hopefully all get sorted soon, once we start GV time will fly I’m sure, won’t know what’s hit us lol

This recruitment really tries your patience, by the time we are starting I will have been appointable for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

Calls are still going out today guys........

Got the call

650 to 670

Updated table with who remains, any lurkers who wanted added feel free to post. The more people the easier it might be to workout how far down the ML recuitement get each intake.

Acpsni123 730 - 750 ML
    R2024 770 - 820 ML
    Norniron74 880 - 900 ML
    Sms19 890 - 910 ML

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 d9427

SMS19 wrote: »
    Updated table with who remains, any lurkers who wanted added feel free to post. The more people the easier it might be to workout how far down the ML recuitement get each intake.

Acpsni123 730 - 750 ML
    R2024 770 - 820 ML
    Norniron74 880 - 900 ML
    Sms19 890 - 910 ML

I’m 730-750 ML also :)

Looks like this set of calls covered from about early 400s to late 600s I’d say? So looking hopeful for the next time round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Thechaser123

Appointable since March. ML 750-770

Acpsni123 730 - 750 ML
    d9427 730-750 ML
    Thechaser123 750-770 ML
    R2024 770 - 820 ML
    Norniron74 880 - 900 ML
    Sms19 890 - 910 ML

Appointable since March. ML 750-770

I feel better about waiting since the first week of April now.

Going to be a long wait until the next batch of calls, fingers crossed we all get picked up for a Sept start.

Well to pass the time before next call, has anyone given any thought to what interests you after probation period? I’m sure we’ll get experiences that’ll change our minds once we start etc

But I’d love to work with the dog section eventually, I’m aware it’s probably the smallest and most difficult section to get into but just a thought, what about yous?

Well to pass the time before next call, has anyone given any thought to what interests you after probation period? I’m sure we’ll get experiences that’ll change our minds once we start etc

But I’d love to work with the dog section eventually, I’m aware it’s probably the smallest and most difficult section to get into but just a thought, what about yous?

I think that I'd like to move to TSG after a while but dogs would be great too

Looks like this set of calls covered from about early 400s to late 600s I’d say? So looking hopeful for the next time round

Yes looks that way, I’m sub 430 and the highest I know of is our own booby at up to 670. I was told by recruitment that there were a lot of deferrals picked up in the July intake which would have massively reduced the number of “new” people they could call.

Morning all

HR maybe are working Skelton shifts. Unaware of calls Tues and thursday and Monday was BH. I'd heard bout the loads of deferrals an I think theyve backed out or deferred again cause of covid or even kids. Hence how they got ad far as me. At best I thought reserve at push that was touch n go. Maybe Monday be fruitful

Calls still going out today for July intake

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thechaser123

Calls still going out today for July intake

Clinging to the hope that the calls might still be ongoing this week & not finished with today.

• Advertisement

Clinging to the hope that the calls might still be ongoing this week & not finished with today.

Me too mate lol

Advertisement