Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Surely this list is subject to change though? I’ve every intention of heading to Greece in September.

Yes, once Kyriakos Mitsotakis reads about your intentions on Boards, they'll add Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RobitTV wrote: »
    "It will be next week before we can determine whether we can move to Phase Two."

If they can't even move to phase two without causing a scene, forget about phase four and five.

Honestly who is running this country?
    That just means we're not telling you cos we've a week to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's for next time! Swiftness over perfection was the only plan.

I'll believe that when I see it

Will still be heavily weighed in favour of the private hospitals

Another mess up of a contract to go along with national children's hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

RTE will milk the South Korea nonsense later. Try and twist the story and make it sound like a second wave is exploding in South Korea.

Sick and tired of the constant scaremongering. No shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Surely this list is subject to change though? I’ve every intention of heading to Greece in September.

You should be grand by then. This is just the initial list, they always said it would be limited. In July more countries will be added

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Are the restrictions over?
    Based on the re-emergence of Roma begging gangs; one would presume they are.

In a nearby town, we had the usual early to mid-20's healthy-looking Roma males begging outside shops. With a cigaratte in one hand and sitting with a coffee cup in front of them directly outside shops, one would imagine that the Gardai would move them along, as they break the social distancing rules by confronting shoppers as they enter/leave the shops.

It's another sign that we are getting back to 'normal' again in Ireland with the Roma professional begging gangs doing what they did before the pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

SusanC10 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Greece will be reviewing that List frequently.

It started as 19 Countries, then 20 now 29.

Thanks for that appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

You should be grand by then. This is just the initial list, they always said it would be limited. In July more countries will be added

Thanks for that I’m going from elation to depression today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Kivaro wrote: »

In a nearby town, we had the usual early to mid-20's healthy-looking Roma males begging outside shops. With a cigaratte in one hand and sitting with a coffee cup in front of them directly outside shops, one would imagine that the Gardai would move them along, as they break the social distancing rules by confronting shoppers as they enter/leave the shops.

It's another sign that we are getting back to 'normal' again in Ireland with the Roma professional begging gangs doing what they did before the pandemic.

Breaking social distancing rules sitting outside a shop? How? I don't imagine anyone would be getting within 2m of them.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

There is already a certain 'ethnic minority' who are out and about and won't be hounded by the Gardai and sent packing back home.

The Gardai will be nowhere to be seen when they arrive. But they will turn back the well behaved people without fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Kivaro wrote: »

With me being on the road a lot and due to my work it does feel some sense of normality is around. You wouldn’t think there are restrictions out there lately.

Thanks for that I’m going from elation to depression today!!

Every country they've got on that list is ahead of us away so wouldn't worry too much. Once our low numbers continue you'll be grand.

Looking to see where I can take a week in August myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

"Idiotic science only followed by Ireland" good summarisation by M.O'Leary

Michael O’Leary fantastic on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭prunudo

He's not holding back, saying it like it is.

Michael O'Leary fires shots at Holohan and the government.

EZLyiXGXYAEfCFW?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Very articulate guy. Pragmatic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Varadkar claims “ we are on track” to move to phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He's an ass who's illegally holding onto people's money. Any words out of his mouth are only for his own interest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there going to be any office Christmas parties as part of the roadmap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,021 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Or is he. What you can’t see on this photo of part of a document is that it’s not from an Irish citizen, a concerned citizen concerned for the economy..it’s Ryanair headed paper, it’s a correspondence from the Ryanair CEO, he is acting and corresponding in that capacity. Every word and utterance is not with the health, wellbeing, happiness and safety of the citizens of this country in mind, it’s with the health and wellbeing of his airline in mind, the ability of them to make money.... he is another who would see no negativity in there being human casualties in order to facilitate this, in fact he is advocating it. Fück him, I’ve travelled Ryanair more then any other airline due to them having great competitive fares but he’s seen the last of my cash... Aer Lingus and whoever else all the way from here on in...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

prunudo wrote: »
    He's not holding back, saying it like it is.

He's a lying bull****ter. He's holding on to the public money in order to make interest on it, or invest it. His excuses as to why people can't be refunded are nonsense, it can be done within a few days even if you had to write a program suite to do so.

He only looks out for his own pockets, nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Strumms wrote: »
    Or is he. What you can’t see on this photo of part of a document is that it’s not from an Irish citizen, a concerned citizen concerned for the economy..it’s Ryanair headed paper, it’s a correspondence from the Ryanair CEO, he is acting and corresponding in that capacity. Every word and utterance is not with the health, wellbeing, happiness and safety of the citizens of this country in mind, it’s with the health and wellbeing of his airline in mind, the ability of them to make money.... he is another who would see no negativity in there being human casualties in order to facilitate this, in fact he is advocating it. Fück him, I’ve travelled Ryanair more then any other airline due to them having great competitive fares but he’s seen the last of my cash... Aer Lingus and whoever else all the way from here on in...

*Ryanair that employs thousands of concerned Irish citizens.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    What a joke of a deal that was

Waste of tax payers money

"We managed to keep the numbers relatively low with a flat curve, so the preparations we made to get more hospital beds thankfully weren't required."

Meh, what a joke of a deal, we didn't even need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Mr Varadkar said that in terms of reducing the two-metre social distancing rule to one metre, it is "too soon for that."

He said that Covid-19 would need to be suppressed "much more" in the community and the numbers would need to improve for a longer period in order to change the guidance.

"Two metres is safer than 1.5, and 1.5 is safer than one."

How much more suppressed does he expect the numbers to get?

More vagueness like Holohan - as low as possible - with nobody knowing what they mean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

CRACKING DAY

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters optimistic of fans returning next season
    In an exclusive interview, Premier League chief executive Richard Masters also says he expects VAR to be in use for the remainder of this season

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11996642/premier-league-chief-executive-richard-masters-optimistic-of-fans-returning-next-season

Celebrations all around

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Mr Varadkar said that in terms of reducing the two-metre social distancing rule to one metre, it is "too soon for that."

He said that Covid-19 would need to be suppressed "much more" in the community and the numbers would need to improve for a longer period in order to change the guidance.

"Two metres is safer than 1.5, and 1.5 is safer than one."

How much more suppressed does he expect the numbers to get?

More vagueness like Holohan - as low as possible - with nobody knowing what they mean

Look end of the day hes been saying for the last few days now that he'll look at it all next week when they meet to discuss phase 2.

If theres no increase in numbers next week reflecting phase 1 I'd expect him to do what hes said and look to speed things up.

As much as I want things quickened up I'm happy to wait for the data to come next week on phase 1, personally I dont expect a surge but they have to have the numbers infront of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭prunudo

Everything that Michael o'Leary said about opening up quicker is correct. Not surprised that the ryanair haters are the same posters who chastise those that dare question the government or the pace of easing restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,021 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

*Ryanair that employs thousands of concerned Irish citizens.

Almost sounds as if he’s doing us and them a favor by doing so ! He simply isn’t, he runs an airline, needs staff, hires staff, employs staff. It’s an Irish company, that are based and headquartered here so by logical assumption he would ‘need’ Irish staff.

• Advertisement

prunudo wrote: »
    Everything that Michael o'Leary said about opening up quicker is correct. Not surprised that the ryanair haters are the same posters who chastise those that dare question the government or the pace of easing restrictions.

Don't be ridiculous and childish labelling anyone who's critical of their excuses with the school level tag of "hater".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement