Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

It's a difficult game at the moment. Whatever has potential is most likely already overpriced (any form of IT, online services, 'pandemic businesses'). Whatever's cheap (like banks, travel, financial services) is likely heading towards more trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Was only thinking other day, should hold onto my positions longer. In hindsight glad booked profit on NCL but upset about not selling AAL.

In current market, if you're up 15-20% booking profits on atleasst 50% holding is a sensible idea I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I saw NBRV mentioned online and here a couple of days ago...only got in at 82c but good news already and might run up more towards FDA announcement early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I saw NBRV mentioned online and here a couple of days ago...only got in at 82c but good news already and might run up more towards FDA announcement early June.

:cool: Welcome aboard. I'm in at 52c so my target price of 1.20 is extremely biased and I'm comfortable holding any gains above 60%. I think it's a good company with a good product and competent management.

If only I could find another gem like this though

Delay on FDA approval now looks likely in today's filing ^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

I've had a serious week with EURUSD, remain long. Looks risk-off into the weekend with Trump @5 EST. BOI has given back a lot of its gains, may increase position if we see 1.40 handle.
    Entered AIB @0.97 and Silver @17.50...Might long VIX with a tight GSLO before close. Other potentials would be short FB and short TRYJPY but already running sizeable risk with similar exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    2 in the green, 3 in the red...staying in for a bit longer

Moneygram International MGI - stick on your watchlists ;)

Anyone pick up MGI ?

Been doing very well lately

NBRV doing extremely well today. Getting closer to my price target. Up 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Kilboor wrote: »
    NBRV doing extremely well today. Getting closer to my price target. Up 20%.

Good man, I took a plunge today at 87c after your post, thanks a mill

There's my price target for NBRV. Do I have the balls to hold for 1.50

• Advertisement

There's my price target for NBRV. Do I have the balls to hold for 1.50

I sold 3/4 - what I have left cost less than the profit on the sale - so a free bet. Never any harm in taking some profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Likewise, saw it mentioned here and got in at 86, 40% jump today

Edit: I’ll be taking that and running. OP said he saw it going to 1.1/1.2, it’s at 1.17 tonite

One I’d recommend is Associated British Foods, excellent balance sheet

I've taken my profits although I'm up about 120%. Well done on the 35-40% today lads!

Good company for the future regardless of price over the next week. Will be a sure fire buy out in the next few years but I'm impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I've taken my profits although I'm up about 120%. Well done on the 35-40% today lads!

Good company for the future regardless of price over the next week. Will be a sure fire buy out in the next few years but I'm impatient

Thanks for the tip. Nice cash just there up 30%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Last nites close ruined the day, from being up 3-5% to down 3-5%

thats why i move my stop losses daily on all my positions, 2 closed out today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What caused the late rally? Last checked about 3 hours ago, been a 3-4% swing since.

Mine went the other way, was in the red all day, now in the green

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

Draft kings up over 200% in last five weeks! Wondering when to run?
    Could see the shares rising over the next number of years especially when you look at the likes of paddy power (flutter ent.) In ire and UK.
    Right now they are probably inflated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

retalivity wrote: »
    What caused the late rally? Last checked about 3 hours ago, been a 3-4% swing since.

Mine went the other way, was in the red all day, now in the green

Trump didn't announce anything silly against China in his press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

retalivity wrote: »

About an hour before close, New York announced it was targetting 8th June for reopening. Any positive lockdown news drives a rally

NBRV with an offering just before AH trading closed. I'd read they'd enough cash only till the 4th quarter so no huge surprise. They clearly had it ready to go and were waiting for the moment to push the button...

https://www.otcdynamics.com/-nbrv-nabriva-therapeutics-announces-38-million-registered-direct-offering-priced-at-the-market-under-nasdaq-rules/

• Advertisement

NBRV with an offering just before AH trading closed. I'd read they'd enough cash only till the 4th quarter so no huge surprise. They clearly had it ready to go and were waiting for the moment to push the button...

https://www.otcdynamics.com/-nbrv-nabriva-therapeutics-announces-38-million-registered-direct-offering-priced-at-the-market-under-nasdaq-rules/

What do you think that’ll mean for prices in the medium term?

Green&Red wrote: »
    What do you think that’ll mean for prices in the medium term?

I think they'll be above 1 dollar by year end, if not they will be delisted. Watch out for a reverse split though if anyone is still holding.

Didn't think they'd do an offering this soon.

Green&Red wrote: »
    One I’d recommend is Associated British Foods, excellent balance sheet

Up 8.5% today

The eur/dollar rate giving you a better bang for your euro if buying in the US today.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Smallish position in Liberty Tripadvisor holdings, up 21% today

I'm strongly considering liquidating everything.

I didn't and glad I didn't, probably up around 20% in the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone holding VTIQ? Merger vote is tomorrow and its up nicely today

Anyone holding VTIQ? Merger vote is tomorrow and its up nicely today

Up well over 100% after today - I'd expect the vote to be a foregone conclusion and may be a sell the event occasion but I think/hope once this floats as NKLA it will take off a la Beyond Meat. I also have warrants at 11.50 so that might be a very good deal if they really take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Zoom looks like it's defintiely setup for a dump in the next 24 hours. Massive buy in today, brings the stock price over $200 (13% today). Reports tomorrow evening, would be very surprised if the user numbers aren't a disappointment (they haven't given an update since April, while Google, Facebook etc have released rival products).

Might be a good day to take your profits.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Zoom looks like it's defintiely setup for a dump in the next 24 hours. Massive buy in today, brings the stock price over $200 (13% today). Reports tomorrow evening, would be very surprised if the user numbers aren't a disappointment (they haven't given an update since April, while Google, Facebook etc have released rival products).

Might be a good day to take your profits.

Not a holder but I'd be dropping them like a hot potato before results and they tell the world how many non-paying subscribers they have!

Advertisement