Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

TRS30 wrote: »
    Transferred from BOI Friday morning and still not there, not first transfer.

Hit some stage last night, got an email from DeGiro at 1am to say it credited to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

TRS30 wrote: »
    Hit some stage last night, got an email from DeGiro at 1am to say it credited to my account.

What likely happened is that BOI didn't actually issue the payment to Degiro before yesterday afternoon. I believe the SEPA regulation states that they have to process the payment by the end of the following working day after you request the transfer.

So they are doing the very minimum imposted upon them.

I.e. if you request a transfer now they will process it tomorrow afternoon, meaning it won't hit your Degiro account tomorrow evening. Whereas some other banks will process it in the next few hours, meaning it would hit your Degiro account in the late afternoon (with N26 if I issue the transfer now I would expect it to be credited to DEGIRO in the late afternoon).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Bob24 wrote: »
    What likely happened is that BOI didn't actually issue the payment to Degiro before yesterday afternoon. I believe the SEPA regulation states that they have to process the payment by the end of the following working day after you request the transfer.

So they are doing the very minimum imposted upon them.

I.e. if you request a transfer now they will process it tomorrow afternoon, meaning it won't hit your Degiro account tomorrow evening. Whereas some other banks will process it in the next few hours, meaning it would hit your Degiro account in the late afternoon (with N26 if I issue the transfer now I would expect it to be credited to DEGIRO in the late afternoon).

Is a bit of a pain however not day trading so not a big issue. With the hassle I had setting up the account (DeGiro) as my passport says one name and all my bank a/c's use an abbreviation I'll just have to get use to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Do Degiro do trailling stop loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does Degiro allow fractional shares?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

No and no I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hi guys, i have been using degiro for maybe 2 years now but cannot get my head around the new platform, when you click into your portfolio. I will list the headings below with a few questions I have:

Product - the company you bought shares in
    Exchange - what exchange
    Quantity - how many shares
    Price - Is this the total price you paid?
    Currency - currency
    Value € - Is this the total current value of all holding?
    BEP - I'm not sure what this refers to?
    +/-€ - Is this your daily gain? Yes, it equals the daily gain posted at the top of your portfolio.
    +/- % - therefore daily gain as a %?
    Unrealised profit/loss € - ??. Does not equal the total +/- at the top of your portfolio?
    Total profit/loss € - ??. Does not equal the total +/- at the top of your portfolio?

many TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My understanding of it....
    hi guys, i have been using degiro for maybe 2 years now but cannot get my head around the new platform, when you click into your portfolio. I will list the headings below with a few questions I have:

Product - the company you bought shares in
    Exchange - what exchange - Exchange/Country that the stock is traded on, London FTSE, New York Nasdaq etc
    Quantity - how many shares
    Price - Is this the total price you paid? - Current price, as of this second
    Currency - currency
    Value € - Is this the total current value of all holding? - Yes, this is in Euro, while the Price column is local so probably dollar or pound
    BEP - I'm not sure what this refers to? - Break Even Point, the price the share price needs to get to for you to break even. If you only bought one batch (at the same time), will just be the price you paid for it. If bought multiple times, will be a weighted average
    +/-€ - Is this your daily gain? Yes, it equals the daily gain posted at the top of your portfolio. - Correct
    +/- % - therefore daily gain as a %? - Correct
    Unrealised profit/loss € - ??. Does not equal the total +/- at the top of your portfolio? - This is a total profit/loss on those shares, so adds up the daily +/- in previous columns. Won't add up to the top if you've sold shares previously, or trading fees, currency fees etc.
    Total profit/loss € - ??. Does not equal the total +/- at the top of your portfolio? - Same as previous

many TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

and just 1 final question regarding limit orders..

per degiro FAQ:

'Your Order will never be executed at a worse price than your limit price.'

however it then goes on to say:

'if the price that you have stated is not attainable at that time, your Order will be sent to the place of execution at which the best-price execution is expected.'

so you have a limit order, the limit is never reached. what is the best-price execution?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Does anyone reconcile their portfolio on more than one system? I've my portfolio setup on Degiro, Yahoo and Wallmine. Yahoo and Wallmine track each other perfect most of the time, Degiro always a bit different. I know there's the 15 min delay on a few things, but struggling to see how it equates. Today Yahoo/Wallmine has a 0.5% gain all day, while Degiro has me at a 0.5% loss.

I can see for example, on GOOGL, Degiro has Day Movement = +0.88% but daily movement = -55c
    Similarly today Paylal shows me Day Movemnet = +.46% but daily movemnet = -1.15

They've always been a bit out which I usually put down to timing or currency, but the different directions today was a new one on me. Obviously Degiro is "the bank" so the one that's right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    They've always been a bit out which I usually put down to timing or currency, but the different directions today was a new one on me. Obviously Degiro is "the bank" so the one that's right.

A timing difference should not create a permanent difference between your portfolio trackers. An hour after the close, timing differences should wash out, six hours later or there about any declared adjustments by the stock exchange should be put through, so you should be in sync.

Before the market opens, you should have valued positions at the previous days agreed closing prices. In the download section on the NASDAQ site you will find the agreed prices to check against for all three US exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭sk8board

degiro has some delays with their live pricing provider yesterday.
    I noticed the BOI price for London and Dublin we’re completely different and LSE hadn’t updated since Fridays close.
    Today they were back in perfect sync

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dobss77

Hi. Does anyone know if my transfers to DEGIRO from my AIB account will be looked down upon if I need to apply for a mortgage in the future?

dobss77 wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know if my transfers to DEGIRO from my AIB account will be looked down upon if I need to apply for a mortgage in the future?

They might ask you for your DEGIRO statements. But as long as you aren’t doing anything out of the ordinary it shouldn’t be a problem (if you are using DEGIRO to make a lot of very risky speculative bets and have a history of losing large amounts with those bets, obviously it will be a a red flag for them).

Regarding Limit Orders. If a share is, say $24.56, and I want to buy it, what do I enter into as the Limit? If I enter $25.00 should I then get the share straight away as it is way below $25.00. Or is it executed closer to $25.00?
    Thanks

Regarding Limit Orders. If a share is, say $24.56, and I want to buy it, what do I enter into as the Limit? If I enter $25.00 should I then get the share straight away as it is way below $25.00. Or is it executed closer to $25.00?
    Thanks

As far as I know, of you place a buy order with a higher price than the market value, the order will be executed at market value.

But I am not sure why you would want to offer more than the market value?

So whats the difference between a Limit and a Market order then if Im just going to enter the current value of the Share anyway?

So whats the difference between a Limit and a Market order then if Im just going to enter the current value of the Share anyway?

A market order will be executed instantly at the current market price. Limit order is more for you to request a future purchase whenever the price drops to a certain value. It also give you certainty about the price your are paying.

For exemple if the share price currently is $24.56 and you want to buy for less, you can place a limit order for $24 and the system will automatically execute your order if/when the price drops to $24. If the price never drops to $24 your order will never be executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Thanks
    When you search for the share on DeGiro - to the right of the chart you can see pricing data with a Bid Price and Volume / Ask Price and Volume. The Ask price is the price the you can buy at - The Bid price (the lower of the two) is the price you sell at. If 24.56 is the Ask price and you set limit at 25.00, unless price has gone up in the meantime you will buy at 24.56, 24.60, 24.65 etc (whatever the price is). Good Luck.

I'm thinking of signing up on DEGIRO.

Any mutually beneficial referral code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I'm thinking of signing up on DEGIRO.

Any mutually beneficial referral code?

PM sent

heffo500 wrote: »
    PM sent

Received - I'll set up with your referral... just need to read how to do it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who got this.l No Vanguard ETFs on the list ,so getting taxed at the full whack on the dividends I guess?
    We would like to inform you about changes that have been made to our policy for withholding lowered tax treaty rates (‘relief at source’) on US income (e.g. dividend).

As of 30-06-2020, we will only apply lowered tax treaty rates on income on a selected list of US products. These changes have been made due to the regulatory and operational setup that is required in order to provide relief at source on US income. For US products available through our platform, but not on this list, the statutory tax rate will be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I'm guessing I'm not the only one who got this.l No Vanguard ETFs on the list ,so getting taxed at the full whack on the dividends I guess?
    It only mentions individual stocks.

Why do this?

Does it matter?

Diarmuid wrote: »

I’d say most ETFs people are getting on degiro are based in Ireland or Luxembourg.

Just had a look at their commission free ETFs and not a single one is based in the US: https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/commission-free-etfs-list.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Bob24 wrote: »
    I’d say most ETFs people are getting on degiro are based in Ireland or Luxembourg.

Just had a look at their commission free ETFs and not a single one is based in the US: https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/commission-free-etfs-list.pdf
    You can't buy US etfs anymore in EU, but some of us still hold them from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Received - I'll set up with your referral... just need to read how to do it. Thanks.

I believe that there is a bit of a delay in registering new accounts due to covid!!

Mav11 wrote: »
    I believe that there is a bit of a delay in registering new accounts due to covid!!

I'm currently 8037 in the queue :eek: Davy said it would take 6 days to set up an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Taylor365 wrote: »
    You can't buy US etfs anymore in EU, but some of us still hold them from years ago.

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

I'm currently 8037 in the queue :eek: Davy said it would take 6 days to set up an account.

Bit of a thread going on Reddit about it:D

Advertisement