Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

ganmo wrote: »
    So I'm guessing it will make it easier depositing money to our accounts too?

How can it be easier than it currently is. Money in my account next day and ready to trade. The only thing I can think of is that it no longer needs to come from a nominated account, which is no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

ganmo wrote: »
    So I'm guessing it will make it easier depositing money to our accounts too?

Yes straight iban transfer from one of your Irish accountsto your German account

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How can it be easier than it currently is. Money in my account next day and ready to trade. The only thing I can think of is that it no longer needs to come from a nominated account, which is no biggie.

At the moment it's
    1. Bank transfer from my AIB account to Degiro's Dutch account
    2. Some process for Degiro to register the receipt, check who it's for, and apply to my Degiro account.

Step 1 will basically remain the same, hopefully step 2 is no longer required so possibly some improvement in speed. To be honest the current process for me is 4/5 hours at the moment anyway so not expecting much improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

I've just got to the front of the waiting list and made the first deposit to the Degiro bank account. How long does this take to clear before I have full access from experience? It says 2/3 days in the app

I've just got to the front of the waiting list and made the first deposit to the Degiro bank account. How long does this take to clear before I have full access from experience? It says 2/3 days in the app

Next day currently. I think they do that to dampen expectations and... emails :)

• Advertisement

Next day currently. I think they do that to dampen expectations and... emails :)

I've transferred from a Euro bank ac but they seem to have asked for a GBP deposit, does that make a difference?

I've transferred from a Euro bank ac but they seem to have asked for a GBP deposit, does that make a difference?

Really, where are you based? I'm in Ireland and considered nothing else but a euro account.

Really, where are you based? I'm in Ireland and considered nothing else but a euro account.

I'm in Ireland. The account details for the transfer appear to relate to an account in the UK also

I'm in Ireland. The account details for the transfer appear to relate to an account in the UK also

Strange... you 100% sure it's Degiro?

Now, the one change from when I joined was they are moving to proper bank accounts for holding our cash. Although, I thought they were going with a DE German bank account.

Strange... you 100% sure it's Degiro?

Now, the one change from when I joined was they are moving to proper bank accounts for holding our cash. Although, I thought they were going with a DE German bank account.

100% sure its Degiro :D It is a Deutsche Bank account but its denominated in GBP

• Advertisement

100% sure its Degiro :D It is a Deutsche Bank account but its denominated in GBP

Feck, hope they don't expect that from the rest of us due to the further currency risk.

That makes no sense. Asking Irish customers to deposit in a Euro bank account in GBP.

My account asks for deposits to a Dutch bank account,in Euro.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That makes no sense. Asking Irish customers to deposit in a Euro bank account in GBP.

My account asks for deposits to a Dutch bank account,in Euro.

I'm not making this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm not making this up!
    Some wires crossed somewhere. Send them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Maybe you registered under the .co.uk domain instead of the .ie domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I had a buy order for a stock for $42 but the stock itself was $44+ at open this afternoon. I logged into my Degiro account to find my daily appreciation way up in the green. Turns out the buy order filled at $42 somehow and now I'm up 8% for that stock!! It hasn't been anywhere near $42 in over a month.

Has this anomaly happened anyone else? I'm afraid it's a glitch that degiro will reverse. Otherwise some poor soul has had their stop loss mistakenly filled!

Makes me worry that it could happen the other way for me too...

Here's a screenshot:

JZzBgEa.png

You can see the order filled at $42 at 15:30 but there is no record of it being at that price ever during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I had a buy order for a stock for $42 but the stock itself was $45+ at open this afternoon. I logged into my Degiro account to find my daily appreciation way up in the green. Turns out the buy order filled at $42 somehow and now I'm up 8% for that stock!! It hasn't been anywhere near $42 in over a month.

Has this anomaly happened anyone else? I'm afraid it's a glitch that degiro will reverse. Otherwise some poor soul has had their stop loss mistakenly filled!

Here's a screenshot:

JZzBgEa.png

You can see the order filled at $42 at 15:30 but there is no record of it being at that price ever during the day!

Do Degiro execute trades in the grey market/ after hours? Perhaps that's where it was executed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I'm not making this up!

As per Saudades, are you sure you are on Degiro.ie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

heffo500 wrote: »
    Do Degiro execute trades in the grey market/ after hours? Perhaps that's where it was executed

It's just what can happen when you are dealing with a discount broker. The brokers have got to make their money somewhere and the usual is a commission on trade flow, most of the time the punters will not know or notice it... but every so often a trade get's routed badly and it shows up, most often in the negative though....

I would certainly kick up big time if they tried to correct it without evidence of a stock market correction as well. They played the game and lost too bad.

I had a buy order for a stock for $42 but the stock itself was $44+ at open this afternoon. I logged into my Degiro account to find my daily appreciation way up in the green. Turns out the buy order filled at $42 somehow and now I'm up 8% for that stock!! It hasn't been anywhere near $42 in over a month.

Here's a screenshot:

JZzBgEa.png

The volume is quite low on that stock, so it's possible there was a large bid/ask spread at the opening bell.

If someone has a sell at "Market" or say $42, and you have a buy at $42 that sale can take place. The price you see on Yahoo Finance or whatever is usually the midpoint.

Admittedly it's a stretch that the gap would be that wide. I've seen it happen for some products but most I've seen would be 20c or so.

• Advertisement

Jim2007 wrote: »
    It's just what can happen when you are dealing with a discount broker. The brokers have got to make their money somewhere and the usual is a commission on trade flow, most of the time the punters will not know or notice it... but every so often a trade get's routed badly and it shows up, most often in the negative though....

I would certainly kick up big time if they tried to correct it without evidence of a stock market correction as well. They played the game and lost too bad.
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    The volume is quite low on that stock, so it's possible there was a large bid/ask spread at the opening bell.

If someone has a sell at "Market" or say $42, and you have a buy at $42 that sale can take place. The price you see on Yahoo Finance or whatever is usually the midpoint.

Admittedly it's a stretch that the gap would be that wide. I've seen it happen for some products but most I've seen would be 20c or so.
    Whatever the case, I won't be setting any stop losses any time soon...

JZzBgEa.png
    Jim2007 wrote: »
    They played the game and lost too bad.

VFkc8mb.png

Heeheehee.:cool:

VFkc8mb.png

Heeheehee.:cool:

No one likes a sore winner :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Hi, Can anyone tell me how I buy shares in a company listed on the FTSE AIM all share index using degiro.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Has anyone's else's cash pot on Degiro increased massively?! I have an extra £6,500 to trade...

crushproof wrote: »
    Has anyone's else's cash pot on Degiro increased massively?! I have an extra £6,500 to trade...

Did you have a GTC sales order in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Nope. Just you I'm guessing!

It's probably money deposited to the wrong account. I'd far them off an email on Monday if it hasn't been corrected.

Is the amount in the To Trade and EUR MMF column (or sterling equivalent) both gone up?

If it's just the Available to trade you might have been upgraded and have margin (loan/overdraft) available to you

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭cromelex

Here's a screenshot:

JZzBgEa.png

They do internalise trades, meaning that if another Degiro customer puts on a sell order at 42 or below, that could get executed without ever showing up as having been at that price on the exchange (where every price gets recorded publicly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Hi, Can anyone tell me how I buy shares in a company listed on the FTSE AIM all share index using degiro.
    Thanks
    Anyone?

Advertisement