Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

No they don't. Taiwan has had coronavirus cases and deaths. Biden is 100% correct. Viruses don't stop at borders or walls. Fact.

Bull****, that statement is beyond disingenuous.

Population 23.78million.

441 cases, 7 deaths.

Proximity to China: nobody is closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

2u2me wrote: »
    Bull****, that statement is beyond disingenuous.

Population 23.78million.

441 cases, 7 deaths.

Proximity to China: nobody is closer.

So you know that they did have cases and deaths from coronavirus. Which proves Biden's point. Viruses don't respect borders and walls. Fact. Good that we agree.

So you know that they did have cases and deaths from coronavirus. Which proves Biden's point. Viruses don't respect borders and walls. Fact. Good that we agree.

I seen you've gone back to fantasy land where science doesn't exist.

What do you think Taiwan's infection rate would be today if they hadn't cancelled travel incoming from China?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What do you think Taiwan's infection rate would be today if they hadn't cancelled travel incoming from China?

If you believe that, then given that the US has it own borders, then Trump is wholly responsible for allowing the virus to enter the US.

He had prior warning but chose not to act.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Biden's point. But you know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

part of the discussion of americas response to the covid virus is who will be americas next president? will the virus and trumps response help get biden elected?

i want to discuss biden and his use of the virus to help him get elected
    in this thread

if any mod has an issue with this please state your bias now or forever hold your peace.

my posts have no been worse then alot of the posts on here about trump.
    also i have not personally attacked any posters here, i did report posts on personal attacks on me and no mod action was taken. fair enough at least i know what this thread is.

we should be able to discuss this link as it all part of the covid fallout -

what is obvious about this is china dont want trump in power, they want biden as he and his fellow democrats are no threat to China and even worse many of them are bought and paid for by the CCP.
    I

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-warns-us-against-sparking-cold-war

Why did you quote me if you were going to reply to none of what I said?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What does Biden know about pandemics?

Did he study medicine or the required course as part of the 3 degrees he got ? Or is it because he was around during the v918 Spanish flu?
    Even if he knows **** all he knows more than trump.

Trump is in negative knowledge at this stage.

Btw , theres a 4 year age gap between Biden and trump. I know in propaganda circles that's like 100 years but you need to stop parotting everything trump says and actually think for yourself.

It was a very erudite and thoughtful article which laid out Obama's (and Biden's) belief that pandemics should be dealt with collaboratively and globally with the US leading the way. In contrast with Trump's slashing of the CDC, withdrawing cooperation with WHO, stating that the virus was a hoax, blaming everybody else etc.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

if any mod has an issue with this please state your bias now or forever hold your peace.
    If you have a question for mods, PM me or one of the other mods

All election talk to be in the Current Affairs forum, and not here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭plodder

Have a read of this. Then ask yourself this question: Could Trump could write the same? Answer is 'No'. Not in a month of Sundays.
    That's impressive, all the more so that it was written in January, when China had only 80 deaths.

I've seen clips of speeches given by Obama, and even George W Bush (back in 2005) that were remarkably prescient, predicting a pandemic like this, which goes to show that Trump is the odd one out. The awful spectre with the US is they won't be as well prepared for the second wave precisely because it interferes with Trump's re-election plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It was a very erudite and thoughtful article which laid out Obama's (and Biden's) belief that pandemics should be dealt with collaboratively and globally with the US leading the way. In contrast with Trump's slashing of the CDC, withdrawing cooperation with WHO, stating that the virus was a hoax, blaming everybody else etc.

Best for all of us if US didn't lead the way. Their version of healthcare is a lot different to Europe's.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Biden's point. But you know that.

If that wasn't his point; what was his point?

My understanding is that he was being critical of Trump's early policy to quarantine for 14 days anyone arriving from China. This is a policy supported in Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If that wasn't his point; what was his point?

My understanding is that he was being critical of Trump's early policy to quarantine for 14 days anyone arriving from China. This is a policy supported in Science.

If you think thats all Taiwan did to control the pandemic you’ve no idea of the situation there. You’re grasping.

Like all trump supporters you cherry pick one measure and focus entirely on that, refusing to consider it in the context of all of trumps other actions (or in this case complete lack of action and outright denial) in relation to the pandemic.

Do you genuinely think he brought in that restriction because he was worried about the pandemic?

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you think thats all Taiwan did to control the pandemic you’ve no idea of the situation there. You’re grasping.

Like all trump supporters you cherry pick one measure and focus entirely on that, refusing to consider it in the context of all of trumps other actions (or in this case complete lack of action and outright denial) in relation to the pandemic.

Do you genuinely think he brought in that restriction because he was worried about the pandemic?

Grasping would be strawmanning what I'm saying in your very first sentence. Just because quarantining visitors and those returning is in the science doesn't mean it's the only effective preventive measure you can take.

In your second paragraph you call me a Trump supporter and the third you question Trump's motives. The only thing I'm interested in is the science of quarantining people entering your country. It should be done to prevent outbreaks like this. Just because Trump did it doesn't make it bad.... ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Btw , theres a 4 year age gap between Biden and trump. I know in propaganda circles that's like 100 years but you need to stop parotting everything trump says and actually think for yourself.

You don't know what he knows. He doesn't even know himself. A fleeting thought then confusion followed by mumbling about getting 3 degrees in college and eating Cheerios for breakfast.
    Where was I?

Lost and confused. Sleepy Joe is not up to the job

I’m not saying it was bad, I’m saying when you look at it in the context of his stance on the pandemic at that time, it wouldn’t be logical to assume he did it for the right reasons as it was around the same time he was telling everyone the virus would disappear. The logical conclusion is that he saw it as a chance to get the boot into China as an extension of his dumb trade war, and imo doesn’t really deserve credit for it.

You don't know what he knows. He doesn't even know himself. A fleeting thought then confusion followed by mumbling about getting 3 degrees in college and eating Cheerios for breakfast.
    Where was I?

Don’t you feel like an idiot posting this nonsense again and again and again?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Don’t you feel like an idiot posting this nonsense again and again and again?

Watch the man being interviewed. Loses train of thought and mumbles through
    Regularly.

Not in a fit state of mind for the most powerful position on the planet.

And those are "nice" interviews. Wait until the pressure is put on.
    Go watch for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Where was I?

God you sound just like Trump with your pathetic little digs. It's embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Watch the man being interviewed. Loses train of thought and mumbles through
    Regularly.

Not in a fit state of mind for the most powerful position on the planet.

And those are "nice" interviews. Wait until the pressure is put on.
    Go watch for yourself

You've just described Trump.

• Advertisement

You've just described Trump.

Lol. Good one.
    National school level retort right there.

Go and have a look for yourself. He'll be 78 in a few months.
    Best years long gone

Lol. Good one.

Best years long gone

Have you watched Trump at all. You are the one that keeps bringing up this issues with Biden, yet seem so aghast that they can equally, and in many cases even more so, be levelled at Trump.

Please do not tell me that you are so biased that you can't even see that Trump has no ability to speak in public, no ability to answer questions, cannot keep a consistent thought.

This is nothing new, he did it during the campaign. He struggles to read for goodness sake!

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Have you watched Trump at all. You are the one that keeps bringing up this issues with Biden, yet seem so aghast that they can equally, and in many cases even more so, be levelled at Trump.

Please do not tell me that you are so biased that you can't even see that Trump has no ability to speak in public, no ability to answer questions, cannot keep a consistent thought.

This is nothing new, he did it during the campaign. He struggles to read for goodness sake!

He is a clown too. 2 clowns. If they could gather up a few more they could get a troupe going. Charlie Flanagan now there is another relic who needs to take up gardening instead. Perhaps he could go join Joe's fun time clown troupe feat Donald

He is a clown too. 2 clowns. If they could gather up a few more they could get a troupe going. Charlie Flanagan now there is another relic who needs to take up gardening instead. Perhaps he could go join Joe's fun time clown troupe feat Donald

Ah, so you can't even defend Trump, so the only way is to try and bring others down to his level.

Right, I understand. What the hell Charlie has to do with anything is beyond me so I won't bother.

Lol. Good one.

Best years long gone

Whereas at 74 in a couple of weeks, Trump is in his prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Is is that dangerous? What about all the people taking it for years for lupus or RA and not dying in large numbers? Or maybe they are? I await the ads from lawyers on the TV, "did you or a loved one take hydroxychloroquine and subsequently have a heart attack and/or die? Well you could get compensation"

Anyway, my state reported just 4 deaths yesterday and new hospitalizations are still trending downwards despite being open (partially) for a few weeks now. New cases are up but that can be put down to a major increase in testing and not an indication of a resurgence

The core theme of his article is about a global approach to the pandemic.

I read the article you posted and it is severely lacking on a strategy with regards to quarantining visitors.

He does make the ambiguous claim "Diseases don't stop at borders or walls" but never elaborates upon this point. It's like saying 'masks don't stop diseases' but they surely feckin help!

I read the article you posted and it is severely lacking on a strategy with regards to quarantining visitors.

He does make the ambiguous claim "Diseases don't stop at borders or walls" but never elaborates upon this point. It's like saying 'masks don't stop diseases' but they surely feckin help!

It's a metaphor. If you can't see the point he's making then that's fine.

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Is is that dangerous? What about all the people taking it for years and not dying in large numbers? Or maybe they are? I await the ads from lawyers on the TV, "did you or a loved one take hydroxychloroquine and subsequently have a heart attack and/or die? Well you could get compensation" Etc etc

Well if you read the article, it's related to the drug's interaction with patients with covid-19.
    The same study concluded that patients receiving hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic faced a 45 per cent increased risk of death and a 411 per cent increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias.

Mr Ghebreyesus emphasised that the concerns about the drug relate only to its use to treat Covid-19, and that both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are accepted as generally safe for use in patients with autoimmune diseases or malaria.

Advertisement