Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Council houses were sold off since the 70s in Ireland.

FG's fault yeah?

So blaming FG for everything like you have in your post make me think its just another rant without any facts to back it up.

BTW, many Irish people move and live in the UK every year.

This notion that its a cesspit and thatcher destroyed it is all paranoid nonsense.

Conspiracy theory tin foil hat.

Boris is a fool, but the UK isn't falling anytime soon regardless of what the anti FG brigade tell us here.

€39m owed on housing to DCC.

Wonder would O’Broins build be as ‘successfull’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Council houses were sold off since the 70s in Ireland.

FG's fault yeah?

So blaming FG for everything like you have in your post make me think its just another rant without any facts to back it up.

I wasnt just blaming FG.

I was blaming both FG and FF, and their swing ever more to the right.
    It seems the only measure of success for a government now is GDP, even if that is at the expense of living standards, services and the well being of the majority of the people in this country.

as for facts, are you denying anything I said about the UK?
    The point I was making is that we are following on the same trajectory. That trajectory can be changed before we end up in a complete mess like the UK.
    If FG cant see that and insist on serving business interests instead of its people, then yes it is time for a dramatic change of government.

That's not a rant, just the way I and many others see it, probably more than those that voted for FG in the last election and no doubt in the upcoming election.

Yeah but he's saying the UK sold their council houses off and now FG are too.

I'm pointing out council houses were sold off since the 70s here, is that Leo's fault even though he wasn't born?

Pure garbage.

He also high-lighted how landlordism and developers have run riot over there....which is beginning to happen here,curious you seem to be able to ignore this??

Dublin isnt worth,what rents have risen too,

The uk has poverty levels that would shame any right thinking person,if they known the social protections available here,they would be arriving by boatload here

Ive mates,and family living there.....its crippling poor and unreal rich within walking distance of each other,

India rightly gets mocked for its inequality,the uk is well on its way to being an example of it

Like ive never hid,my dislike of libs and where its let the world,while remaining neutral and willing to listen on what shinners have to offer

A long way from mild I’m afraid, riddled with subtle and barbed ‘digs’ , exaggerations, grudging credit, below the belt hits.

Even the strap line refers to right wing.

Not a piece I would give much heed to, I’m afraid.

What in its anysis,do you deem to be inaccurate??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It doesn't start well by labeling FG right wing
    They are centre right
    I didn't read beyond that headline ,I'd read enough at that stage
    As it was plural, I assumed they were labeling FF right wing also

Who is Rory btw,I've never heard of him,what's his CV ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

efanton wrote: »
    I wasnt just blaming FG.

I was blaming both FG and FF, and their swing ever more to the right.
    It seems the only measure of success for a government now is GDP, even if that is at the expense of living standards, services and the well being of the majority of the people in this country.

as for facts, are you denying anything I said about the UK?
    The point I was making is that we are following on the same trajectory. That trajectory can be changed before we end up in a complete mess like the UK.
    If FG cant see that and insist on serving business interests instead of its people, then yes it is time for a dramatic change of government.

That's not a rant, just the way I and many others see it, probably more than those that voted for FG in the last election and no doubt in the upcoming election.

Hmmm pretty sure you went on a rant about Leo and thatcher or something.

Then council houses.

Yes you wonder why DCC council haven't lifted a finger to deal with it.
    I wonder which parties are in control of that council.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_City_Council

also were you aware that that debt is owed mostly by people who are working and not on social welfare, and most of that debt is more than a year old.

I would totally agree that councils should enforce their own rules. If tenants are not prepared to pay then they are thousands of other on the waiting list that would give their eye teeth for the chance to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Plenty.... the strap line for a start

This

For all the talk of an economic recovery under Fine Gael, most people, especially youth and workers, have nothing to show for it. “

There are plenty with plenty to show for it.

There are a lot of snide Thatcherite references, class references which are inaccurate.

Broad brush stuff.

also were you aware that that debt is owed mostly by people who are working and not on social welfare, and most of that debt is more than a year old.

I would totally agree that councils should enforce their own rules. If tenants are not prepared to pay then they are thousands of other on the waiting list that would give their eye teeth for the chance to do so.

You do realise SF were the largest party on DCC until may 19 and had control with labour and the greens yeah?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    They are centre right
    I didn't read beyond that headline ,I'd read enough at that stage
    As it was plural, I assumed they were labeling FF right wing also

Who is Rory btw,I've never heard of him,what's his CV ?

Idk,who rory is,either :confused:
    (Did google him,but panti bliss came up)

Like,i dont understand how you critise an article you havnt read?

Complaining,FG called right-wing,while admitting they are centre right....seems a bit irrational tbh

(Every bit as irrational as equating anyone,leftish as communist :pac: )

• Advertisement

Plenty.... the strap line for a start

This

For all the talk of an economic recovery under Fine Gael, most people, especially youth and workers, have nothing to show for it. “

There are plenty with plenty to show for it.

There are a lot of snide Thatcherite references, class references which are inaccurate.

Broad brush stuff.

Mate anyone under 30 is gonna find it impossible to.afford housing,wages are lower,while house prices never higher,something needs to give

Neo-lib/thatcherism has swallowed capitalism,it was alright for 1st generation,but milenials and gen.z are likely to be poorer,than.their parents.....neo-lib has nearly reached its logical endpoint,why shoul young buy into it??,

all it ever was is a rebranding of 19th century laissez-faire econmics,which ultimately lead to famine here

Hmmm pretty sure you went on a rant about Leo and thatcher or something.

Then council houses.

I suggest you read what i said again.

I described what had happen in the UK. I then pointed out that we seem to be on the same trajectory, implementing the same failed policies, but are behind the UK curve. Do we have to wait until what has happened in the UK happens here before a dramatic change in tack is made?

If FG or FF are not prepared to deal with the issues then surely it is time to let someone else have a go.

Ireland is not an economy, it is a country populated by ordinary decent people. It should not be measured in financial terms alone, and sadly that seems to be the case at the moment.

Yes we need a strong economy to pay for services, welfare, pensions, etc but its not an either or choice is it?
    We can have a growing economy AND fix what has been broken over the last 20 years. FG are not totally to blame for that, but they are the ones in government at the moment, and have been for nine years, who can make the changes but refuse to do so.

Idk,who rory is,either :confused:

Like,i dont understand how you critise an article you havnt read?

Complaining,FG called right-wing,while admitting they are centre right....seems a bit irrational tbh

(Every bit as irrational as equating anyone,leftish as communist :pac: )

Centre right is not right wing,just as centre left is not left wing
    I've read it now and it's a very skewed 20 to 30% point of view just as I'd expected
    Ireland is a centre country politically, irrespective of how much copy writers like that may wish it were otherwise or who gets the nod to run it

You do realise SF were the largest party on DCC until may 19 and had control with labour and the greens yeah?

I dont care who was in control to be honest.

I believe no one party has control of any county or city councils on their own, now or previously.
    That being the case then surely all political parties are failing.

It seems crazy to me that we have thousands on council waiting lists that would be extremely happy to pay the moderate rents councils charge and secure for themselves and their families a permanent home, and yet we have thousand of people deliberately not paying their rents and this not due to financial hardship either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Bowie wrote: »
    If the SD's had their ducks in a row and Labour grew a personality, (and later dodged Alan Kelly) it could be votes for them too next time around.
    A very big if there. So far they have little to show for.

I gave the SDs 2nd or 3rd preference last election. If there is another election in the near future I will not be voting for any of the smaller parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,395 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I've read it now and it's a very skewed 20 to 30% point of view just as I'd expected
    Ireland is a centre country politically, irrespective of how much copy writers like that may wish it were otherwise or who gets the nod to run it

Is there a party more to the right than FG here?

They are as the author says...'Ireland's right'

It's like comparing Irish republicans to American republicans.

Fine Gael is as right as it gets here...no?

Centre right is right wing??

Its literally in the name

Em.

SF were the largest party in control for years up until last year's council elections.

Go on off and try again:)

Ah major facepalm here.

What was he thinking')

Mate anyone under 30 is gonna find it impossible to.afford housing,wages are lower,while house prices never higher,something needs to give

Neo-lib/thatcherism has swallowed capitalism,it was alright for 1st generation,but milenials and gen.z are likely to be poorer,than.their parents.....neo-lib has nearly reached its logical endpoint,why shoul young buy into it??,

all it ever was is a rebranding of 19th century laissez-faire econmics,which ultimately lead to famine here

. /:. /. €€?.

Exactly.

• Advertisement

I dont care who was in control to be honest.

I believe no one party has control of any county or city councils on their own, now or previously.
    That being the case then surely all political parties are failing.

It seems crazy to me that we have thousands on council waiting lists that would be extremely happy to pay the moderate rents councils charge and secure for themselves and their families a permanent home, and yet we have thousand of people deliberately not paying their rents and this not due to financial hardship either.

You dont care who was in control but happy to link wiki to prove SF weren't?

Riiiiiiiigggt.

. /:. /. €€?.

Exactly.

Im not quite sure....what a load of dots and forward slashs ending in euro signs signifies in FG land

But im pished,so il agree with you here

Im not quite sure....what a load of dots and forward slashs ending in euro signs signifies in FG land

But im pished,so il agree with you here

Love it, were in agreement so!!

Enjoy your night.

Mine is a bushmills:)

Love it, were in agreement so!!

Enjoy your night.

Mine is a bushmills:)

Jamesons and benson is where its at

Bushmills is orangeman drink ;) (its also.vile,you need to drink paddys,ive run out of it)

Jamesons and benson is where its at

Bushmills is orangeman drink ;)

Haha touché!!

You dont care who was in control but happy to link wiki to prove SF weren't?

Riiiiiiiigggt.

do you have a chip on your shoulder or something?

I posted the link simply to show that no single party is in control of that council, and that is the only reason I posted it.

Like i have previously said its about time something was done, and all parties are responsible for it.

Its disgraceful that thousands are on a waiting list that would be only to happy to pay, and that there are thousands who refuse to pay because they know the councils will do nothing.

You seem to be disappointed every time we might agree on something.

Centre right is right wing??

Its literally in the name

Nope
    Just like sleet isnt snow
    There is a left of centre,right of centre a right wing and a left wing in politics
    Theres also a far right and a far left

Nope
    Just like sleet isnt snow
    There is a left of centre,right of centre a right wing and a left wing in politics
    Theres also a far right and a far left

Your literally agreeing with me!!

I never said FFG were far right,but they are most deffo centre right??

Much like how shinners despite much protesting and house wailing by the media and those who fancy emselves as big shots here(all this is a prime example of cultural hedgemony btw),are in fact,just a left of centre,typical european party policywise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sad but irrelevant.
    Those people will be housed either way.
    Going for private leases instead of social wont make a blind bit of difference.
    They should take rent from source anyway be it dole or wages.
    They are centre right...

Only read the opener...
    Personally any party that looks to private interests above the tax payers and pretending, (has to be a ruse at this point) that wealth will trickle down once we put private profits above all else is right wing in my book. FG certainly fit that and FF too to a lesser extent.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Sad but irrelevant.
    Those people will be housed either way.
    Going for private leases instead of social wont make a blind bit of difference.
    They should take rent from source anyway be it dole or wages.

Only read the opener...
    Personally any party that looks to private interests above the tax payers and pretending, (has to be a ruse at this point) that wealth will trickle down once we put private profits above all else is right wing in my book. FG certainly fit that and FF too to a lesser extent.

39 million owed to the tax payer? ?= irrelevant?

Wow, you've changed your tune about tax payers getting screwed ay!

Like you wax lyrical about here every day.

Unbelievable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement