Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

appledrop wrote: »
    Does no one else find the timeline in The Last Dance absolutely headwreacking. Its jumps all over the place for no reason whatsoever in my mind. One minute Denis Rothman is playing for Bulls + next minute they are jumping back years+ he is their nemesis playing against them.

That was one thing that did bother me a little but I think overall it is well done with each episode kind of having a different theme rather than it being purely chronological. It is a bit too jumpy in some episodes though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

appledrop wrote: »
    Scottie Pippen has 7 children with four different mothers. That's f##ked up in my mind.

I mean, Kobe Bryant had rape charges brought against him, there's multiple high profile domestic abuse cases involving NFL players, baseball had/has a serious problem with PEDs. But sure, having kids with different women is f**ked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭appledrop

I suppose I just dont get why sports stars are seen as gods when a lot of them have seriously dysfunctional lives.

I'll probably never get it as not a big sports fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

A few people recommended Money Heist to me. Watched one or two episodes but wasn't sure on it. Is it worth going back to?

I thought it was absolutely fantastic! One of the best heist series I've ever seen. (Just realized there may not be that many, usually more common in movies) :)

But I would highly recommend giving it another go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A few people recommended Money Heist to me. Watched one or two episodes but wasn't sure on it. Is it worth going back to?

I thought season 1 was very good
    until it didn't finish, you were just left hanging. :mad: Started watching season 2 and gave up after a few episodes as it was obvious they were just dragging the whole thing out. How they've got to season 3 or 4, I've no idea! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

First Kill
    A stock broker brings his young son back to the town where he grew up for a hunting trip, but things take a dangerous turn when they witness a crime

Warsaw by Night
    The complexities of love are told through the struggles of four separate women who experience the nightlife of Warsaw on the same evening.

Aftermath
    After an air traffic controller's mistake results in a tragic accident, a man who lost his wife and daughter seeks answers from the man responsible

Steve Jobs
    By keying in on three crucial points in his career, this biopic shows the human foibles and visionary fearlessness of the man who made the Mac.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

peteeeed wrote: »

Steve Jobs
    By keying in on three crucial points in his career, this biopic shows the human foibles and visionary fearlessness of the man who made the Mac.

Loved this film, warts and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix's latest big budget action fantasy movie this one starring Charlize Theron & Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Drops July 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 20,563 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I enjoyed The last dance but im not surprised a host of teams mates have come out saying its what happened in Jordans head and not what happened in reality ,well the behind the scene stuff obviously what happened on the court happened ,

Pipen the lastest one to feel like it was edited to make him look bad and Jordan more favourable ,

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Anyone watching Hinterland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I started watching that with my parents during lockdown and we just finished it this week.It's not bad but it felt reaaaaallly slow. It's well conceived and I enjoyed the interlinking elements.It wouldn't be a great sales pitch for wales though.

I watched"The Wrong Missy" last night expecting it to be fairly awful but I was mildly surprised. I was sync watching it with friends(we all press play at the same time and text as if we're watching it together) so we knew it'd be an easy watch. David Spade was likeable and I laughed a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Mickeroo wrote: »

Looks good. I'd recommend watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam War. There's a lot about that war and time I didn't know. It's a history lesson. I'm currently watching but its difficult to binge-watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I really liked it but it is griiiiim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I gave up on it but was convinced by folk on here to go back to it. It all made sense in the end, a little too neatly for my liking. I really disliked the 90 minute episodes, they felt like 3 hours.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Looks good. I'd recommend watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam War. There's a lot about that war and time I didn't know. It's a history lesson. I'm currently watching but its difficult to binge-watch.

I started that ages ago and watched maybe 5 episodes, it's great but heavy going. Must go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

What did people think of White Lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Just started Modern Family, how have I not heard of it before now??:pac:

Aftermath ( Arnie) was added too and some more thomas the tank engine episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Taiga wrote: »
    Just started Modern Family, how have I not heard of it before now??:pac:

You are in for a treat. One of the funniest modern comedies with such intelligent writing. Just watched the final episode last week on TV (season 11). Hopefully Netflix add the final four seasons soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

All that sh1te talk earlier about the French translation for Inhuman Resources and not one of you thought to mention that Eric Cantona was in it? For shame!

• Advertisement

The Lovebirds (2020)
    Snapped up by Netflix after the closure of cinemas, this comedy starring Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani follows a couple in the fast lane to splitsville who accidentally find themselves crossing paths with a killer.

Selling Sunset: Season 2
    Netflix’s reality series showcases the drama at The Oppenheim Group, where elite real estate brokers sell the luxurious life to their affluent buyers.

Control Z: Season 1
    When a hacker begins releasing students’ secrets to the whole school, the socially isolated but observant Sofia works to uncover the culprit’s identity.

History 101: Season 1
    Infographics and archival footage deliver bite-size history lessons on scientific breakthroughs, social movements and world-changing discoveries.

Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series Season 2
    Nova Scotia's favorite miscreants have always been super sketchy. Now, carrying on from the Season 12 finale, the boys have become complete cartoons.

BASKetball
    Big fat liar
    The blues brothers
    Harry and the hendersons
    Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
    Ted
    The best man holiday
    Bad neighbours
    An American tale
    Children of men
    Vertigo (1958)
    Contraband
    Miami vice (2006)
    Psycho ( 1998) remake
    Mercury rising
    Waterworld
    Battleship
    King king (2005)

ADDED

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Is the animated trailer park boys any good? Used to love the show back in the day but wasn't mad about it when it came back for a couple of more seasons a few years ago. I think the lads bought the rights to it themselves or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Really enjoying Inhuman Resources.

Or maybe just enjoying Eric Cantona going around headbutting people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Lovebirds (2020)
    Snapped up by Netflix after the closure of cinemas, this comedy starring Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani follows a couple in the fast lane to splitsville who accidentally find themselves crossing paths with a killer.

Selling Sunset: Season 2
    Netflix’s reality series showcases the drama at The Oppenheim Group, where elite real estate brokers sell the luxurious life to their affluent buyers.

Control Z: Season 1
    When a hacker begins releasing students’ secrets to the whole school, the socially isolated but observant Sofia works to uncover the culprit’s identity.

History 101: Season 1
    Infographics and archival footage deliver bite-size history lessons on scientific breakthroughs, social movements and world-changing discoveries.

Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series Season 2
    Nova Scotia's favorite miscreants have always been super sketchy. Now, carrying on from the Season 12 finale, the boys have become complete cartoons.

BASKetball
    Big fat liar
    The blues brothers
    Harry and the hendersons
    Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
    Ted
    The best man holiday
    Bad neighbours
    An American tale
    Children of men
    Vertigo (1958)
    Contraband
    Miami vice (2006)
    Psycho ( 1998) remake
    Mercury rising
    Waterworld
    Battleship
    King king (2005)

ADDED

Delighted to see Children Of Men added,its an excellent film and well worth watching for anyone who hasnt seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is Harry and The Hendersons the one with that big foot looking creature ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

PsychoPete wrote: »

Looks like it - pretty sure it was called Bigfoot and the Henderson's here. Now there is a blast from the past. Wasn't there a TV show too?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

budgemook wrote: »
    Looks like it - pretty sure it was called Bigfoot and the Henderson's here. Now there is a blast from the past. Wasn't there a TV show too?

Yeah there was a sitcom called Harry and the Hendersons, they have a different actor playing John Lithgow's role in it. Used to love the film when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I was thinking that was it, remember seeing it as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

PsychoPete wrote: »

Oh man. I cried at this film when I was a kid when at the end
    John Lithgow is shouting at him to make him leave
    . Oh God it's bringing back the memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

joeguevara wrote: »
    You are in for a treat. One of the funniest modern comedies with such intelligent writing. Just watched the final episode last week on TV (season 11). Hopefully Netflix add the final four seasons soon.

I found it really deteriorated the last few seasons, mostly due to Phil Dunphy, his character arc just went really stupid.

Advertisement