Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there a better thread or section to ask my Apple TV app question in?

There are Amazon and Disney+ threads in the television forum. Might have better luck there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

giphy.gif

I am unfamiliar with the gesture but I assume it is meant to indicate support of some nature for my opinion of Legends i of Tomorrow

Thank you

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There are Amazon and Disney+ threads in the television forum. Might have better luck there

I did look for those and for a thread on the TV app itself but found nothing

I will look again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I am unfamiliar with the gesture but I assume it is meant to indicate support of some nature for my opinion of Legends i of Tomorrow

Thank you

No. Just no.

• Advertisement

Yes, after I read your post I looked again and this time kept my eyes open. :P

No. Just no.

No, you say?

Well, I don’t respect the view of someone who says they like a TV show when they’ve never actually watched it.

Legends was a chore for the first season but after that they just accepted they were the ridiculous alternative to the others and it be became the most enjoyable of all the Arrowverse shows. While Iris, Barry and Felicity were becoming moany and annoying on their shows, Legends had Beebo. :D

Legends was a chore for the first season but after that they just accepted they were the ridiculous alternative to the others and it be became the most enjoyable of all the Arrowverse shows. While Iris, Barry and Felicity were becoming moany and annoying on their shows, Legends had Beebo. :D

Ridiculousness is something I can go along with but that show was just woeful nonsense.

Most enjoyable? Stop inhaling the fumes. :p

I don’t know what a Beebo is but what do you mean Iris and Felicity “were becoming annoying? When were they not?

No, you say?

Well, I don’t respect the view of someone who says they like a TV show when they’ve never actually watched it.

What are you talking about? I've watched Legends since the beginning.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? I've watched Legends since the beginning.

giphy.gif

Well that ant be true because if you had watched it you would know it is woeful tripe.

Well that ant be true because if you had watched it you would know it is woeful tripe.

giphy.gif

How much of it have you seen?
    Legends and Flash are the only ones I haven't stopped watching. If I was to cut it down to one, Flash would be going.

How much of it have you seen?
    Legends and Flash are the only ones I haven't stopped watching. If I was to cut it down to one, Flash would be going.

Is that question for me?

I stopped watching Legends of Tomorrow in season 2. Halfway through I think.

I remember it was an episode about Camelot (in Palmer fulfilled a childhood fantasy of being a knight) and was to be an episode about dinosaur (in Palmer or that historian tool would filfull a childhood fantasy of having a pet dinosaur)

Yeah was for you. Season 2 was when it changed things up after the struggle of season 1. But I probably wouldn't recommend catching up if you expect it to be like the other Arrowverse shows.

Yeah was for you. Season 2 was when it changed things up after the struggle of season 1. But I probably wouldn't recommend catching up if you expect it to be like the other Arrowverse shows.

It was what for me? Not opposed to a change in a TV series and didn’t expect it to be like the other shows (except be actually good ;) )

The Arrowverse is riddled with problems but the good outweighs those. Legends of Tomorrow had different problems - time travel that had no impact and a cast of characters were meaningless (which funny enough was an actually important to the plot).

Sarah Lance is a character wasted in this show. Victor Garber was an actor wasted in the show.

A much better use if these characters would have been a Justice Society series as leftover superheroes who come together to deal with problems outside of Oliver and Barry playground. And who actually use their powers.

There is no question of me considering a catch up. I worried about because of the crossovers but not following the show had no impact on Earth X. So There is no need.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As mod I should step in here. Legends sucks ...

... :D

Naw, kidding but I get it. It's not for everyone. I have a very shallow reservoir of patience for something that knowingly goofy - same reason I can't abide Deadpool - so never taken to Legends at all. It's a marmite show I reckon

Not in bold so your mod statement doesn't count. :pac:
    It was what for me?
    I meant the question I asked earlier was for you.

But yeah everyone has different tastes. There's a reason shows like Big Bang Theory run so long, even though I couldn't make it through the first episode. Then on the other end of the scale, I got bored after 1 season of Mad Men.
    And I'm sure there are series I'm a big fan of that others can't stand

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will we see a rise in animated shows being made the longer social distancing continues.

Animators can work digitally from home and voice-over artists can also work from home and everything can be edited online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I wonder will we see a rise in animated shows being made the longer social distancing continues.

Animators can work digitally from home and voice-over artists can also work from home and everything can be edited online.

Yeah with alot of the big scripted shows not coming back until January (hopefully) alot of actors will be stuck at home for a few months so now is the chance to get new animated series into development as there will be a much bigger pool of Voice actors. I wonder if it could be used for some shows that were not able to film the remaining episodes this season, an example would be The Flash, Supergirl and Batwoman on The CW. We do know that The Cw can do animated shows like Vixen and Constantine so could they not do the same for the remaining episodes of this season?

• Advertisement

Imagine the reaction if they made them animated. Loads of ones complaining they're not kids and want the real episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Imagine the reaction if they made them animated. Loads of ones complaining they're not kids and want the real episodes.

Sadly I agree with you. Plenty of people who still associate animation with kids cartoons even though Castlevania which is animated is clearly not for kids. Personally I couldn't care less if it was animated, it would at least allow shows to finish this season's plot lines

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The arrowverse are already glorified cartoons to begin with, so wouldn't be too much of a stretch if they became fully fledged animations.

That said, I wouldn't follow. Just can't abide animation as a drama telling device. Comedy I'm fine with, and watched plenty of adult animated comedy. Just pure personal preference, and not a question of thinking it only for kids, but couldn't articulate what specifically it is that turns me off.

I'm even currently making my way through the DC animated films.
    But another reason for not doing animated is because they already have some of the episodes nearly ready to go and wouldn't want to waste the money they've spent. As it stands it means they have a head start on the new seasons.

To me animation is just another storytelling device. It also means they can do some things they couldn't do with live action.
    Like DC have done an entire animated movie universe of about 15 films since 2013. Imagine if they were to do that in live action how long it would take.

The whole situation is a bit reminiscent of the 2008 Writer's Strike, which did a lot of good in the long term for the next few years with an increase of quality in shows that were already running once they returned, as well as many acclaimed new comedies and dramas kicking off between 2009 and 2011...

I'm imagining this might lead to a similar situation. Hopefully anyway.

This could be a great opportunity for cartoons that studios are considering or rejected in her past.

Since there will be a delay in live action the various studios will need something new to keep people interested.

I'm even currently making my way through the DC animated films.
    But another reason for not doing animated is because they already have some of the episodes nearly ready to go and wouldn't want to waste the money they've spent. As it stands it means they have a head start on the new seasons.

To me animation is just another storytelling device. It also means they can do some things they couldn't do with live action.
    Like DC have done an entire animated movie universe of about 15 films since 2013. Imagine if they were to do that in live action how long it would take.

Doesn’t animating a movie take a lot than longer than live action?

How long does one of those DC animated films take? I know there is a lot but I always bought they’ve been in development for years.

And those movies are great. Only complaint is that they are too short.

Modern 2d animation doesn't take as long as it used to. I'm no expert but the fact they can reuse computer models quickly really helps. Looking online it looks like the time between announcement and release of these films has been less than a year. Just finished the most recent one. Have a couple left to watch that aren't part of the universe.

I know it's not high grade animation but look at South Park. They can get an episode out within a a week which is how some episodes can be so topical.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement

Reminds me I need to get back to that. Stopped at season 5

Advertisement