Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Getting sent photos of my friends baby. I brought him back a couple of presents from Australia back in February and finally posted them this week.
    Today she sent me a photo of him wearing the little bib and playing with the teddy and he looks delighted with life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

In from my daily run and just realised that it's my 2 month return to running anniversary! Took it back up when the lockdown started and am TH (and pleasantly surprised) that I've kept it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I got happy post :)
    A necklace made for for me as a thank-you for an old favour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got happy post :)
    A necklace made for for me as a thank-you for an old favour :)

That is lovely. Sometimes you do something for a person, then you forget. After a while they come with a little gift, it's the appreciation and the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

My TH is very trivial as per usual.
    Trivially happy looking at my shopping trolley this morning. Usually the contents lead the local busybody cashier to make comments like "someone's having a party tonight" as she scans my groceries and Hippykitten blushes and mumbles a response. This morning I was so proud of my fruit, veg and not a sight of processed food (or wine).

I didn't tell her I was shopping for my neighbour!

• Advertisement

Painting the balcony wall. I’ve looked at it for months, so I got off my bum, ordered some paint online, collected that yesterday and am halfway through the transformation.

Lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Late last night, I made myself a chicken sandwich.

Because I'm a slob, when I woke up this morning (before I opened my eyes), the first thing I smelt was a lovely Vienna roll, placed seductively on the pillow next to me... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I found a euro while cleaning up.
    Don't know why it made me happy, it was my money anyway so no net gain to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

No door to door sales people have knocked on the door in the last two months! Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Happy with the universe's way of working things out for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A cup of espresso, a shortbread (or five...) and a couple of white Lindor. Mmmmh!!!

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I attend religious meetings Fridays and Sundays (not the forum for religious debates I think, well I suppose it is but not my point) and do bible study on Saturdays also

My TH is after 14 months I finally spoke up and gave a talk for 60+ others

Chest was pounding, pulse was racing while for some this is the easiest task in the world. I never said a word for 14 months of meeting beforehand.

Well it was difficult for me and I took a shot and got some kind text messages afterwards

Public speaking ain't easy, I believe it will get easier but for anyone trying for their first time just do it. Th´d after 14 months I did it and got some kind text messages afterwards

Good for you! My first attempt at “public speaking” was at a conference a number of years ago. I followed a guy who had been the PR man for one of the political parties in the UK. He wandered around the stage, completely comfortable, with a radio mike on, holding the audience in his hands, sprinkling funny stories into his narrative, totally at ease.

Following him, I shuffled up to the lectern, dry mouthed and sweating, and I swear I could hear my trousers flapping in the breeze as my knees were knocking so much.

Afterwards, a few kind souls said nice things to me. I replied, “yes, but the guy on me was so much more professional”. One said, “so’s a prostitute, stick with who you are!”

Sound advice!

Well done! It gets easier!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The semi-feral cats called for their dinner and left. I left out some extra food in case some more stragglers were planning to pay a visit, I was just about to bring it back in when... who do I catch stuffing his cute little face? This fella! :)

513324.jpg

It's been raining, that's why the fur on his/her nose is all messy. I think s/he took up residence under the shed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Do you live in a rural location, New Home?

That pic had made me TH!

Semi-rural. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just watched a programme on BBC4 about Tom Waits. Brilliant stuff. There was even footage of him on The Late Late Show with Gay Byrne from 1982! :D:confused:

I just watched a programme on BBC4 about Tom Waits. Brilliant stuff. There was even footage of him on The Late Late Show with Gay Byrne from 1982! :D:confused:

I don't love all of his songs, but his voice is out of this world, goosebumps central. And Martha is one of my absolute favourite songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

New Home wrote: »
    Semi-rural. :)

I'd like that kind of visitor, I hope he's a regular for you.

I'd like that kind of visitor, I hope he's a regular for you.

So do I!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

attempted to get back into journaling the start of this year - struggled to write a paragraph such was my attention span. constantly wanting to write but not quite getting round to it.

the past month ive managed to get back into it and filled a 160pg a4 hardback i had for a long time.

ive also read 5 books and getting through the 6th now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My posts-per-day hit 0.60 today after being stuck between 0.56 and 0.59 for years.
    I always meant to be more active on this site but real life needs never allowed me. I like it here :pac:
    Easy know this lockdown has surely made my time on Boards more enjoyable, and frequent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My posts-per-day hit 0.60 today after being stuck between 0.56 and 0.59 for years. I always meant to be more active on this site but real life needs never allowed me. I like it here Easy know this lockdown has surely made my time on Boards more enjoyable, and frequent

0.60 pppfffffftt.

Amateur.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    0.60 pppfffffftt.

Amateur.

:P

They may argue quality over quantity :D

blade1 wrote: »
    They may argue quality over quantity :D

Careful, that kind of talk can have you banned... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

watching the chase with a 6 yo.
    the question was about Mao Tse Tung and the laughs from her at his name (Mousey Tongue)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Kids are finally back out playing with their friends...albeit with social distancing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Walking home from the park today and saw lucky the tabby cat on their window sill and as soon as she saw me she galloped over to me and jumped on the wall :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Think it was 1981.
    He played a couple of nights at The Olympia. My cousin went - said it was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

I didn't disgrace myself in last night's Zoom quiz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

TH at the sleep (& smiles) that a little story can bring

Read a bedtime story (Guess How Much I Love You) to my godson this evening. As I was tucking him into bed, he smiled at me and repeated the last line from the story: “I love you right up to the moon … AND BACK.”

My heart melted

Advertisement