Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

For a while I was happy a few that ordered after me got them as atleast they were being delivered, now I'm getting annoyed people who ordered after me are getting theirs haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

and have arrived - colleagues are jealous :) €45 for two boxes full of books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Just found this thread and have some renewed hope now myself too. Placed an order on 8th of March and no sign of it yet, but if other people's experiences are anything to go by, will hopefully hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Yay, I can finally say I got a shipment email too! It went into my junk folder. It says out for delivery today, I wonder if they'll just drop it outside the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone here with the initials JM waiting for a Book People delivery from parcel motel? They got sent to mine by accident. I'll contact Parcel Motel but thought it might be quicker here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

got 3 out of my 15 books delivered at lunch...invoice docket said despatch 2 of 2, so others definitely on their way.

CYHSN wrote: »
    Just recieved my shipment email today :cool: Placed on 8 March, order no: 252857**, only 1 book missing.

Well, if order numbers have any relevance, mine is 252859** (order placed on the same day - March 8). Hopefully they'll get it to it soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Well, if order numbers have any relevance, mine is 252859** (order placed on the same day - March 8). Hopefully they'll get it to it soon....

Order numbers don't seem to be relevant. I ordered on March 3rd and nothing yet and people that ordered after have already received there's. I'd say it's just grab an order sheet from a pile and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

my order number from the 6th March, 2 days before your was 252743**...so some 10k orders in between and only got a fifth of my order today.

cling onto whatever you can but they are getting through them bit by bit. as other post, it may be grab one, pack one, ship one, onto the next.

Ah sure, at least it's a sign they should get to it sometime. I'd started to give up hope. Mailed them about two weeks ago and no reply yet, but can see now they must be being inundated with mail and phone queries anyway.

Only thing is, ours includes about €50 worth of books for a six-year-old who loves reading but who's already been through just about everything we have in the house for him, so the sooner these things come, the better.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hococop wrote: »
    For a while I was happy a few that ordered after me got them as atleast they were being delivered, now I'm getting annoyed people who ordered after me are getting theirs haha

I agree. It's not really fair if stuff I ordered will be out of stock by the time they get to mine because someone who ordered a week later got it. Still no sign of an email. Sent them one during the week but not expecting a reply anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Caranica wrote: »
    I agree. It's not really fair if stuff I ordered will be out of stock by the time they get to mine because someone who ordered a week later got it. Still no sign of an email. Sent them one during the week but not expecting a reply anytime soon

That's my only worry too. Just hoping it all comes.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Email today, order dispatched.
    Ordered on 4th March.
    Delighted, all books included

Delivered today. Great value. Only sorry I didn't get more!
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

I ordered the 4th March and still no sign of my order - order number 252569**. No email from them yet notifying of delivery.

Caranica wrote: »

Any decent online store will have a stock control system that will be 95%+ accurate. Even if you check on orders above, its only the odd item that is out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Got my order today, I placed my order on March 2nd and delivered through parcel motel. Delighted because I’d forgotten what I ordered so it was a nice treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Blablacat

I ordered from them on 3rd March and still haven't received anything. Did email but got no response. As a matter of interest, what can I actually do about it if my stuff doesn't arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Blablacat wrote: »
    I ordered from them on 3rd March and still haven't received anything. Did email but got no response. As a matter of interest, what can I actually do about it if my stuff doesn't arrive?

If they don’t send anything / don’t refund you if the items are out of stock then you could start a chargeback through your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    If they don’t send anything / don’t refund you if the items are out of stock then you could start a chargeback through your credit card.

Or they could make a one minute phone call. Details are in the order confirmation email.

Amazing how people don't think of the simplest answer

Darc19 wrote: »
    Or they could make a one minute phone call. Details are in the order confirmation email.

If you read the thread you’d see that many people have called the number and have been told the staff in the phone don’t have access to what’s going on in the warehouse. People have emailed and haven’t received replies either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

But least likely to happen.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    If you read the thread you’d see that many people have called the number and have been told the staff in the phone don’t have access to what’s going on in the warehouse. People have emailed and haven’t received replies either.

And if you read those posts you'll find that the phone was answered quickly and they got assurance that their order was in the system and that they were getting through the backlog as quickly as possible.

I don't know how speaking to a warehouse person could add anything. If anything, speaking to someone that has access to the online system and can give you an assurance that the order will be processed is way better.

BTW, I'm still waiting for my order. Am I concerned? No, not in the slightest.

On this thread about 60% have received their books, seems to be a 98% fulfillment rate and refunds received in a timely way for the odd book that was out of stock.

The one and only issue is the delay.

And if you read those posts you'll find that the phone was answered quickly and they got assurance that their order was in the system and that they were getting through the backlog as quickly as possible.

I don't know how speaking to a warehouse person could add anything. If anything, speaking to someone that has access to the online system and can give you an assurance that the order will be processed is way better.

I was simply pointing out that if they don’t get their order, don’t get a refund (which they probably will seeing as people are getting refunds for items now out of stock), they still have avenues available to them to get their money back.

I don't know how speaking to a warehouse person could add anything.

I do. Seems that the person on the phone can just say "it's being processed" but can't give any indication of when it might be sent. A person in the warehouse might be able to give some idea of how far down the list that particular order is.

I do. Seems that the person on the phone can just say "it's being processed" but can't give any indication of when it might be sent. A person in the warehouse might be able to give some idea of how far down the list that particular order is.

This is not a small mom and pop store. They were getting 5,000+ orders a day. The warehouse is simply a packing warehouse in North Wales. All admin is done from Surrey.

And due to coronavirus, the admin staff are working from home, so they don't have the access to the information that they normally would have.

People need to simply understand the restrictions companies have in the current situation.

This is not a small mom and pop store. They were getting 5,000+ orders a day. The warehouse is simply a packing warehouse in North Wales. All admin is done from Surrey.

And due to coronavirus, the admin staff are working from home, so they don't have the access to the information that they normally would have.

People need to simply understand the restrictions companies have in the current situation.

People understand it’s not a mom and pop store. However, it is a business that went bust and is now being run by administrators. The website does state delays of up to 7 weeks can be expected but my order took 9 weeks to dispatch. Orders seem to be setting sent out in no particular order.

So while people can be understanding of the difficult situation they are in, it’s also understandable that people may be frustrated at the longer than expected delays (perhaps they could update the 7 week delay as stated on their website to a more realistic 9/10 week delay which seems to be what a lot of people here are experiencing) and it’s also understandable that people may be worried about the money they’ve paid and wondering how they can get it back if their order can’t be fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

Result for label number: PM000324XXX
    Result PM0000XX70
    StatusDate/TimeFranchise location
    Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.

16/05/2020

08:02:27

getting excited now

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

What was the email address they sent from?
    I've emailed 'contact_centre@thebookpeople.co.uk' twice to no avail.

I asked this question a few days ago but no one responded.

Anyone care to share the email address that they're getting replies from?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

I asked this question a few days ago but no one responded.

Anyone care to share the email address that they're getting replies from?

I got one reply from tbpsales@thebookpeople.co.uk weeks after emailing them

• Advertisement

When I rang them the week before last it was answered very quickly and the girl that took the query gave my assurance that my order was being processed and that the expect all orders to be dispatched. She did apologise that she could not be more specific as she was working from home and did not have access to the warehouse system. My order arrived yesterday.
    I had my order number and account reference ready and the phone number was the one on the order confirmation. It was the account reference that she went by.

Advertisement