Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

amor3 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals, I'm joining back online this week, is it very hard to keep motivated???

My group has gone virtual so I still weigh in weekly and send it to my consultant and then we have a zoom meeting so we can chat about our weeks together. Find it very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

kitten_k wrote: »
    My group has gone virtual so I still weigh in weekly and send it to my consultant and then we have a zoom meeting so we can chat about our weeks together. Find it very helpful.

Really need the motivation, kids want to eat 24/7 . The first time I joined I had my head so much in the game, the last time not so much so weight loss was slow, this time I'm not sure where my head/focus is at, but i do know I just have to do something!!

Really need the motivation, kids want to eat 24/7 . The first time I joined I had my head so much in the game, the last time not so much so weight loss was slow, this time I'm not sure where my head/focus is at, but i do know I just have to do something!!

You can only do your best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I found with the kids being home I just bought slimming world friendly treats for all of us. So skips,freddos etc so if I really fancy something they are having then I can work it in plan rather than feeling like I've missed out. Jelly is great for adding to a bowl of fruit with a teaspoon of biscoff spread melted over it for another on plan treat.
    As for lunches and dinners. I really just use PON books and cook for everyone. I'm never really hungry.
    Hope you find your focus..take it one meal at a time best of luck

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I found with the kids being home I just bought slimming world friendly treats for all of us. So skips,freddos etc so if I really fancy something they are having then I can work it in plan rather than feeling like I've missed out. Jelly is great for adding to a bowl of fruit with a teaspoon of biscoff spread melted over it for another on plan treat.
    As for lunches and dinners. I really just use PON books and cook for everyone. I'm never really hungry.
    Hope you find your focus..take it one meal at a time best of luck

Thanks a mill, a lot of great tips there x

• Advertisement

I second the jelly. My favourite is the make the jelly in a jug, pour it into individual glasses (add fruit if you wish). The when set top it with whatever you want - i usually go for half a muller light yogurt, reduced fat squirty cream, broken up bisciuits or fibre one brownie and some biscoff sauce - yummy.

Another good one is mini-meringues (1 syn each), with strawberries and vanilla muller light.

Sounds like my kind of treat kitten.

I was in my local butchers today and he had a special offer on the blondie range, I picked up 5 burgers and now I think I might regret it. I can't find anything online about syn value.. anyone know please??

Down 1.5lb this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WannabeSlim

Down 2.5lb this week, delighted with that, putting down to all the walking :D

Down 2lbs this week. Very surprised as it is star week so was expecting a gain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone a fan of diet coke chicken? Any interesting recipes floating around?

Anyone a fan of diet coke chicken? Any interesting recipes floating around?

Had it for dinner tonight, was yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had it for dinner tonight, was yummy

What recipe do you use? We went with the "official" SW one tonight was definitely missing a wow factor for me.

https://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/diet-cola-chicken

That’s the one we use too. There is also one on the Pinch of Nom site but haven’t tried it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Finally bit the bullet and weighed myself. Disgusted at myself, put on 7lbs over lockdown. Thankfully I've lost my appetite.

Here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cubee

Hi all :) Long time lurker, first time poster! Decided to start back today, lost two and a half stone last year but when my leader quit so did I basically and a stone has crept back already! SW actually randomly sent me a free magazine, did anyone else get one? It's kicked started the motivation again!

Being at home I should have a bit more time to try a few new recipes, the garlic honey chicken @kitten_k mentioned and the sticky chicken @Sinister Kid posted a while back are on the list!

Does anyone have any handy go to hexb-less lunches other than soups and salads?

Cubee wrote: »
    Hi all :) Long time lurker, first time poster! Decided to start back today, lost two and a half stone last year but when my leader quit so did I basically and a stone has crept back already! SW actually randomly sent me a free magazine, did anyone else get one? It's kicked started the motivation again!

Being at home I should have a bit more time to try a few new recipes, the garlic honey chicken @kitten_k mentioned and the sticky chicken @Sinister Kid posted a while back are on the list!

I re-joined last week, had a 2lb loss, happy with that with it being star week as well. A few from my online group mentioned they got the magazine. Just wondering if anyone knows if I get a new book sent out or am I meant to use the old one from last time??

Down 1.5lb this week, happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

That’s the one we use too. There is also one on the Pinch of Nom site but haven’t tried it yet

I mostly use Slimming World recipes from the various websites. Is all your speed veg included in the recipes or do you have to add additional speed food. For example, the cola chicken recipe incudes vegetables, do I have to add a salad on top of this.

I mostly use Slimming World recipes from the various websites. Is all your speed veg included in the recipes or do you have to add additional speed food. For example, the cola chicken recipe incudes vegetables, do I have to add a salad on top of this.

It all depends on the amount of veg. Your plate should contain 1/3 speed food. But to be honest I rarely stick to that, defo don’t eat as much speed as I am suppose too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Butter chicken from Pinch of Nom for dinner. Absolutely delicious highly recommend and not a whole load of messing about with ingredients. Gone from 11 stone 10 to 10st 6 during lockdown. Still so much more to go because I'm so small. But delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Cubee wrote: »

I used to make a thin omlette with one or two eggs, then use it as a wrap for lettuce, ham/chicken, cheese, beetroot etc, whatever you would put in a normal wrap.
    Or use big lettuce leaves as the wrap.
    The egg wrap was great and really filling, but so was the lettuce one as I would use a lot of meat and veg to fill it.

Maintained this week, went off track slightly with cheat meals and extra snacks! I will get back on it this week.

We made mini doughnuts today (free using HEB or 6 syns for all the doughnuts)

Just then need to syn your toppings. We had melted Biscoff sauce and crushed biscoff on top.

We made mini doughnuts today (free using HEB or 6 syns for all the doughnuts)

Just then need to syn your toppings. We had melted Biscoff sauce and crushed biscoff on top.

They look fab! Do you have a doughnut mould?

A gain of nearly half a pound this week, I really cannot say how! I've stuck to plan, not used my all my syns most days and still not losing. My husband is doing it along side with me and he seems to be losing lbs everytime he stands on the bloody scales!

They look fab! Do you have a doughnut mould?

I have a waffle maker that also has plates for mini doughnuts. I have ordered proper doughnut molds from Amazon though so will make them again when it arrives.

A gain of nearly half a pound this week, I really cannot say how! I've stuck to plan, not used my all my syns most days and still not losing. My husband is doing it along side with me and he seems to be losing lbs everytime he stands on the bloody scales!

It can be very disheartening at times, especially when doing it with someone else and they are having different results.

I have a waffle maker that also has plates for mini doughnuts. I have ordered proper doughnut molds from Amazon though so will make them again when it arrives.

I have waffle moulds from Amazon, I might invest in some doughnut moulds too :D

• Advertisement

Its so annoying but don't worry, your good work will show up, sometimes I have weeks like that and a big loss the following week. I really think men lose weight faster, well at least that's been my experience here.

Keep doing what you are doing, you got this!
    (Up the water intake is my best tip!)

Advertisement