Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WannabeSlim

Good morning and happy Easter to ye all. Decided I want to start losing weight maybe 2 stone as I've been told by people I used to work with and few others I know have said I've gained weight since I changed jobs which I have. Looking at what's the best way to start with this. Been online looking at ww online and is it worth signing up to the package deals.really determined to do this. Any advice would be much appreciated ðŸ‘
    Sorry I don't know much about WW (weight watchers) online? But I think there is a WW thread on here too so people on that may be able to help. SW do online membership too but I haven't tried it, I find I need the group support, really missing it in these times. Best of luck on your slimming journey.

Down 3lb this week, thrilled with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone have a good SW Korma recipe? May as well try to experiment a bit with all these free evenings & weekends :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Down 3lb this week, thrilled with that!

Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Anyone have a good SW Korma recipe? May as well try to experiment a bit with all these free evenings & weekends :(

There’s a lovely korma recipe in one of the hairy dieters books. I don’t have it to hand, but google might help you. I’ve made it a few times.

• Advertisement

Up 2 this week but was expecting it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well done to all of you who have tried to stick with it, gaining or losing. I have lost heart a bit, but seem to be maintaining.
    I will try get back into it properly once the restrictions ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For anyone who uses Mayflower curry, my fiancee borrowed an idea off the DalyDish on Instagram! Add some soy sauce, garlic granules, tomato ketchup and curry powder into the Mayflower sauce.... unreal! So close to a proper takeaway curry taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Galbin

On SW for the first time. I don't need to lose that much. I gained 1/2 a stone from medication I was temporarily on, but the weight literally won't budge now that I am off it. So I started SW. Problem is that I am having terrible stomach pains from the lower fat diet. I have had this before where I get terrible bloating, pain, and trapped wind from cutting down on fat. The thing is the rest of my diet is really healthy. It was very similar to SW anyhow, so the only real change is the reduction in milk (I drank a litre of milk in tea a day before SW and with SW I have literally taken away 700 ml), and healthy fats like avocado and olive oil. It's not an increase in fibre either as my diet was packed full of fruit and veg anyhow, and that has not changed.

Last night I was in so much pain and fruit and boiled eggs wouldn't take it away, so I had toast with butter. Boom. Stomach pain went away, as I knew it would as before the diet fats always took this pain away if I ever randomly got it. Has anyone had this?

Down 1.5lb this week and got Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I started two weeks ago. Doing it from home obviously have been a member before so know the one and outs.
    Had a great first week 10lb down but second week hadn't an ounce off,so disheartened beacuse I hadn't done anything differently but determined to keep back on track.
    Is there anyone of Facebook or Instagram that I should be following for good ideas??

kitten_k wrote: »
    Down 1.5lb this week and got Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the month!

Well done you!:D

I was down 1lb last week and got my Club 10 award. And I am down 2lb this week and get my 2 stone award. I cant wait to get back to normal classes and pick up my awards from my lovely leader in person :)

That's brilliant WannabeSlim

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Galbin wrote: »

...Last night I was in so much pain and fruit and boiled eggs wouldn't take it away, so I had toast with butter. Boom. Stomach pain went away, as I knew it would as before the diet fats always took this pain away if I ever randomly got it. Has anyone had this?

Have never suffered from this myself, I can only suggest allowing for some fat intake within your daily syn allowance. If avocado or a little bit of olive oil or butter takes the pain away, it makes sense to include it in your diet and syn it. I realise that I'm assuming you only need a small amount of fat to ease the pain. Maybe talk to your GP about it though?

Another 2.5lbs down today, happy with that. Brings me to 1st 9lbs since 18th Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Back to it. I was in SW in from Oct 2018 - June 2019 and lost nearly 2 stone. It's come creeping back when my group moved times/days and it didn't suit me. Found a new one and back on plan. I feel better - not as groggy or tired. Hoping for 2 pound gone by next week. Upped the running this week so hopefully this works! Few gins this weekend...

Another 2.5lbs down today, happy with that. Brings me to 1st 9lbs since 18th Jan.

Well done! :D

Down 1.5lb this week, happy with that. I've lost 12lb since my last official SW group class.

Weighed in on Monday. 4 lbs down that's a full stone down in three weigh ins and a delivery of Boston doughnuts last week.
    Made the chicken gyros from Pon and flat bread last night they were so delish. Made a 'salsa' from a tin of chopped Tomatoes and Cajun seasoning was so so delish.

• Advertisement

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Weighed in on Monday. 4 lbs down that's a full stone down in three weigh ins and a delivery of Boston doughnuts last week.
    Made the chicken gyros from Pon and flat bread last night they were so delish. Made a 'salsa' from a tin of chopped Tomatoes and Cajun seasoning was so so delish.

Amazing loss, well done!

Well done all.

Yea I love the PON books too. Made the honey garlic chicken last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Hi is anyone familiar with the new "Vienetta on a stick" icecreams that are now in Aldi - they come in Vanila, Strawberry and Mint - would anyone know the syn values of these coz i dumped the boxes and cant find them anywhere online......i think the Strawberry & Mint are more than the vanilla.....thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

sooty1 wrote: »
    Hi is anyone familiar with the new "Vienetta on a stick" icecreams that are now in Aldi - they come in Vanila, Strawberry and Mint - would anyone know the syn values of these coz i dumped the boxes and cant find them anywhere online......i think the Strawberry & Mint are more than the vanilla.....thanks guys :)

Unlikely to be any free food content so I'd use the 20cal =1 syn rule if you can't find an official number anywhere.

Oh I seen them on Facebook or somewhere I believe the vanilla is 4.5 and strawberry is 5, I'll double check and find out for you.

Oh I seen them on Facebook or somewhere I believe the vanilla is 4.5 and strawberry is 5, I'll double check and find out for you.

3 for vanilla 4 for strawberry 4.5 for mint

Well done all.

Yea I love the PON books too. Made the honey garlic chicken last night.

How was the honey garlic chicken? Gonna try the sweet chilli beef from slimming eats tonight. The only good thing about lockdown I feel like I've so much time to try out new recipes, and no rushing in from work or kids out to activities...

I bought vanilla ones in Iceland (think they were Iceland own brand) and they were 75 calories. They had starwberry ones for 76 calories and slated caramels for 84 calories (i think, not 100% on this one). Haven't tasted them yet.

Also got the Dib Dab ones the other day, dying to try the Flumps one but never in stock.

Have also found crisps called Popchips - they are lovely (BBQ and Sour Cream & Onion) and only 3.5 syns.

How was the honey garlic chicken? Gonna try the sweet chilli beef from slimming eats tonight. The only good thing about lockdown I feel like I've so much time to try out new recipes, and no rushing in from work or kids out to activities...

It was lovely, we have made it a couple of time now. Plus it's very easy to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Hi guys and gals, I'm joining back online this week, is it very hard to keep motivated???

Advertisement