Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI 18 Recruitment Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

walrussel wrote: »
    So do you automatically become appointable once everything is passed? Like ive got my medical and vetting now done as well so is that it, will my next contact from them be a starting date?

Yes if you have passed all 5 stages then you are appointable, you won't get an email to say you're appointable. Next step is just waiting on that call, what is your ML bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

NornIron74 wrote: »
    From what I heard there's a December one too

It seems there is indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Boobysingleton

Alright folks

I'm Appointbale here

Ready to go. Any idea when il be getting a call.

700 to 730 ML

Thanks

Alright folks

I'm Appointbale here

Ready to go. Any idea when il be getting a call.

700 to 730 ML

Thanks

Very hard to say when you’ll get a call. I’m sub 430 on the ML and they told me it could be a couple of months yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

W221 wrote: »
    Very hard to say when you’ll get a call. I’m sub 430 on the ML and they told me it could be a couple of months yet.

Surely a July squad will be getting a call over the next week or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

4thelads wrote: »

Bound to be a fair few deferrals from earlier in the year in the July squad now that Unis are finishing up.

I hope for a call soon hi... Only so much plucking chickens I can cope with. My fingers are red raw.

I want to get stuck into gv. Maybe pick up a woman or 3

I hope for a call soon hi... Only so much plucking chickens I can cope with. My fingers are red raw.

I want to get stuck into gv. Maybe pick up a woman or 3

Here mate leave some for the rest of us lol

Hey norn iron

Yes mate.. We can be tag team at gv

Think of us as Brad Pitt and Ryan gosling??

Yeah it seems that way indeed

• Advertisement

SMS19 wrote: »
    Bound to be a fair few deferrals from earlier in the year in the July squad now that Unis are finishing up.

That’s the big problem for us hopefuls, I was told a lot of deferrals are heading for the July squad

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mcc212ajc

what's up lads and ladies hope you're all keeping well and sane in this lovely lockdown we are having? seeing posts about a July squad is getting me excited , straight to the running track and weights , suns out guns out and all that lol. hopefully as the lockdown eases intakes become more regular.

Getting excited here

Bottles of bucky are chilling an will be popped open when I get the call.

Hoping something soon.

Getting excited here

Bottles of bucky are chilling an will be popped open when I get the call.

Hoping something soon.

Must be a lurgan man :)

Yes if you have passed all 5 stages then you are appointable, you won't get an email to say you're appointable. Next step is just waiting on that call, what is your ML bracket?

Ah great thanks I'm 930 - 960 got really lucky by all accounts had my medical just after st Patrick's so just before they stoped them

Ah great thanks I'm 930 - 960 got really lucky by all accounts had my medical just after st Patrick's so just before they stoped them

Yeah we were very fortunate to get through medical before recruitment ground to a halt, my medical was at the start of march and I became appointable just before st Patricks day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 d9427

Hey All,

Also appointable - 730-750ML.

Hopefully not too much longer for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

@walrussel you were probably in the same day as me. I think they started to cancel appointments later that day for some people. We got lucky 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Hey norn iron

Yes mate.. We can be tag team at gv

Think of us as Brad Pitt and Ryan gosling??

Haha if use r anyway like Ryan, Brad or even a taller Bobby singleton let's hope we r in the same section!! Lol

Oh Sharon..

Ur making me blush. Lets just say I'm a mixture of all 3 only better looking.

I know my way around a chick 😉🐥

I plucked 45 this morning and that was before 12 o clock

• Advertisement

Any calls received in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

W221 wrote: »
    Any calls received in here?

Not yet! I think all deferrals will get called first. Then they'll carry on down the list

Not yet! I think all deferrals will get called first. Then they'll carry on down the list

This is true, hopefully not too many deferrals

got an email saying medical was close to expiry and had to sign a form to say there was no change in circumstances from when I was declared fit . does the fitness test also expire and if so does it need to be repeated does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭NeeNaw21

mcc212ajc wrote: »
    got an email saying medical was close to expiry and had to sign a form to say there was no change in circumstances from when I was declared fit . does the fitness test also expire and if so does it need to be repeated does anyone know ?

Nope PCA stays live for the length of the competition. I asked about it way back when it looked like my vetting was gonna take ages

thats great news !!! thank you very much for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

mcc212ajc wrote: »

Out of curiosity how long does it last before it expires? I assumed it would last length of campaign as well

Out of curiosity how long does it last before it expires? I assumed it would last length of campaign as well

Medical lasts 6 months, mine will expire at the start of September. Hopefully I will have got the call by then.

Medical lasts 6 months, mine will expire at the start of September. Hopefully I will have got the call by then.

I just scraped by with my medical too, thankfully I got my vetting cleared a couple of days before the medical expired.

They just said it’s a box tick though, send the form in and 99.9% of the time it’s approved.

• Advertisement

Just thought I’d add, calls are 100% next week

Advertisement