Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwift spins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm a bit confused by the categories, whether that's zwift or zwift power, if anyone can give me a steer?

I did the Tour for All this morning... Zwift power has me down as Category B minimum, so I did the A/B Shorter Stage 3 Tour for All Race this morning. The Zwift power results has me down as 7th in Cat C?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Had you entered prior to upgrade?

The onus is on the user to enter the correct grade i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by the categories, whether that's zwift or zwift power, if anyone can give me a steer?

I did the Tour for All this morning... Zwift power has me down as Category B minimum, so I did the A/B Shorter Stage 3 Tour for All Race this morning. The Zwift power results has me down as 7th in Cat C?

I'm not sure about the cats but those A and B are route on the group rides not categories. There are specific races for the tour for all which have category slots although some seem to use the group rides as races. I guess it's a bit easier to win if you competitors dont realise it's a race :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone doing the sprinters race tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

CramCycle wrote: »

Yeah, should be good fun. It's flat and short enough so I don't imagine there'll be much in the way of recovery.

• Advertisement

Big old lead out man is....

You might ask your mate RF to stay at home please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

dahat wrote: »
    Any good route to do a threshold efforts later?

I only discovered yesterday you can choose a route each time

If you're going up the Alpe, it's better for XP Generation to do a workout, as you'll get ~10XP per minute regardless of Wattage Zone, as opposed to 280XP if you ride up it outside workout mode.
    Your meters of elevation still count towards the Tron bike, if you have that Mission selected.
    Then finish the workout and ride down for 280XP via the distance. It's important that the workout is finished for XP to be generated by distance.

You need to be doing like 5-10kmh to perform a U-turn on the Alpe, if you don't want to go all the way to the top.

With better XP, you will level up and have access to faster in-game equipment.

You can also ride the Tempus Fugit route (also in Watopia) for fast distance accumulation, as it's flat.

Big old lead out man is....

You might ask your mate RF to stay at home please!!!!

Ha, he is "almost" A on zwift power, which means as this race will be just over 20 minutes, he will be an A rider by Saturday if he turns up tonight

Ha, he is "almost" A on zwift power, which means as this race will be just over 20 minutes, he will be an A rider by Saturday if he turns up tonight

Will he get upgraded for second place?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Dahat - I didn't think zwift power knew the events you have entered, but not raced yet? I don't think I'd entered before hand anyway.

iwillhtfu it was definitely the race for this stage. I'd done the group rides for stages 1 & 2, which seemed to be very much a race - to the degree it was my power in those that got me upgraded I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Will he get upgraded for second place?:pac:

Placing isn't really what you get upgraded for. It'll be his w/kg that dictate the upgrade. So don't worry, you want have to "gift" him a win.

Placing isn't really what you get upgraded for. It'll be his w/kg that dictate the upgrade. So don't worry, you want have to "gift" him a win.

I'll force his upgrade then "gift" the win.

I'll force his upgrade then "gift" the win.

Those Crit races are a git for accidentally getting riders accidentally upgraded. Last Crit I done got me flagged in B, even though every other race was well below the threshold for A. I think daraghot from here got a "almost A" warning after our last crit in our club league. They are dangerous if you want to stay in B.

Those Crit races are a git for accidentally getting riders accidentally upgraded. Last Crit I done got me flagged in B, even though every other race was well below the threshold for A. I think daraghot from here got a "almost A" warning after our last crit in our club league. They are dangerous if you want to stay in B.

I agree, i'm on the threshold of A anyway after 8 races so the upgrade has an air of inevitability unless i gain a kilo or two. I knocked out 418NP. in same race last week so i have to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

TTT race again tonight. I think I'm enjoying them a bit more than the races. Slightly more civilised start and then genuine working and pulling together. We're using discord to chat to each other and our "DS" is keeping an eye on the screen incase anyone accidentally goes off the back. It's not a club spin but definitely more of a social aspect to it than the racing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Yep. PITA as I'm barely able to get by in B, let alone A.

I'm hoping Zwiftpower has a 'look at that poor ould lad- he's dying' algorithm and leaves me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Daroxtar wrote: »
    TTT race again tonight. I think I'm enjoying them a bit more than the races. Slightly more civilised start and then genuine working and pulling together. We're using discord to chat to each other and our "DS" is keeping an eye on the screen incase anyone accidentally goes off the back. It's not a club spin but definitely more of a social aspect to it than the racing

Also on TTT tonight. First time doing a TTT :eek:
    You on the IRL team?

okane1 wrote: »
    You on the IRL team?

One of them, IRL Bonnets. We're in the B category (Frappe I think it's called)
    We're all around the 3.5-3.9wkg so once we get up to speed it's solid pulling at the front for 30-45 seconds and then drafting for 3-4 minutes and then go again.
    We also get to have 2 cat A riders with us so if they're on a mission then they're more than welcome to take a little longer up front :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

I'm on the viper team. Aim to hold 4-4.5w/kg on front. We have 7 tonight, mostly b's. On cat D. Going to be a tough 60mins

I'm on the viper team. Aim to hold 4-4.5w/kg on front. We have 7 tonight, mostly b's. On cat D. Going to be a tough 60mins

Vipers...... Our mortal enemies!!!! Ye put 2 minutes into us last week, hoping for some kind of redemption tonight. Get Jono to show you the video forfeit our captain had to put up after the first round :D:D

• Advertisement

I accidentally went into 53x11 for the sprint, so just jumped out of the saddle and went for it at 250m to go. I blacked out at some point and came round as I crossed the line. I feel awful. Also there were two sneaky ones up the road who I didn't see with the As so thought I was sprinting for top 3, but I was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

dammit... I struggle, like REALLY struggle in 'C' cat, and now I see I got a big fat disqualification for the sprint race tonight :confused:
    Well, I think it is DQ'd because I'm not on the results page and in my ZP profile there's a big "WKG" symbol for tonight, which a quick google tells me: 'Exceeded category power limits'

Like, have they *seen* me? I'm tiny...I'm ancient... how the hell I managed that I don't know. I always calibrate with the tacx app before every spin so must be 'something' about them crit's as ye say! :confused:

In the front group all race with getting all giddy with Cigala on my wheel here n there!!

Jumped the group with 600 to go and got swamped predictably with fellow sneaky B rider grabbing the win, ah well.

Now to await my fate on Zwift Power for any potential upgrade.

Well we ended up with only 4 and it was pretty torturous. Spent a bit too long on the front in the first lap and really slumped afterwards. Wattage down 15w from last week. Sometimes the legs just don't go as well as you want them too.

andy69 wrote: »

Like, have they *seen* me? I'm tiny...I'm ancient... how the hell I managed that I don't know. I always calibrate with the tacx app before every spin so must be 'something' about them crit's as ye say! :confused:

I've seen you in action, you rode away from me up a hill on the Orwell as if it was a descent!! If I'm a B, you're a B
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

You on the IRL team?

In NagaBOMB myself. Loving the TTT. 2nd again tonight which was great for our debut with it being in the Premier League. Enjoy the discord chat going and we had a DS tonight helping. Was in bits by the end!!

In the front group all race with getting all giddy with Cigala on my wheel here n there!.

It was surreal being in the top 20, a few times off the front for a few seconds with lads who in the real world would drop me on a training ride. Stupidly tried to be smart and dropped back which cost me at the split. I am a bit annoyed with myself now I am looking back but that's racing. My highest average watts, When it comes through I have no doubt my highest 15 and 30 second power. Just annoyed yet again my lack of race sense caught me out again.

It was surreal being in the top 20, a few times off the front for a few seconds with lads who in the real world would drop me on a training ride. Stupidly tried to be smart and dropped back which cost me at the split. I am a bit annoyed with myself now I am looking back but that's racing. My highest average watts, When it comes through I have no doubt my highest 15 and 30 second power. Just annoyed yet again my lack of race sense caught me out again.

In my limited experience in these short races it's best hang in where you are especially of its in the lead group. Getting cute is for the last 3km or so.
    All in all a good race for you still especially given you'd be a climber more than a crit type racer.

I've been given the dreaded almost A flag this morning, sickened but what can you do. I'll just have to go balls out agsin next week to win and confirm A grade.

The lad that beat me has been gaining a couple of kilos despite all the racing,hmmm. At least he had to go to 10watt/kg for 15 seconds to get up.

In my limited experience in these short races it's best hang in where you are especially of its in the lead group. Getting cute is for the last 3km or so.
    All in all a good race for you still especially given you'd be a climber more than a crit type racer.
    Legs are shaky this morning but it was good fun if short.

Also, thankfully, when I seen my stats this morning I was completely wrong and none of my 15s or 30s power were my highest. My 20minute and 5 minutes were but the latter leaves me in the middle of B and the former only at the pointy end but not upgrade level thankfully.

• Advertisement

Any advice on how to protect my B status for a little longer?

Maybe do longer races to try avoid the 4wk/kg bracket?

Gain a couple of kilo's? dishonest i know but....

Also can the almost A flag be removed after a period if you don't make A grade?

Advertisement