Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst company you have ever come across?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

Really?

My opinion is based on my experience over the last month and in times gone by,

Have received no answer from their 'Ask a Question' online form.
    Have received no answer from Email, not even automated.
    Nobody is answering the Phone Lines (although I did give up after 45 mins each time)
    Nobody is answering the phone in the local Depot.

Thats the Customer Service Im getting from the Top Courier in the Country. So yes, they should absolutely be in the conversation, IMO!

TBH I they're ok

gmisk wrote: »
    Virgin media the tv side specifically.
    There is only so many times one person can hear someone from the phillipines saying "thank you for patiently waiting" before throwing the phone at the wall
    Want to try eir,you'd be throwing yourself off the wall,cliff,nearest tall building

Which doesn't have anything to do with your credit rating. It can potentially cause issues when signing up to a contract with one of the participating companies (the issue being that you have to pay a deposit, because they still want your custom). I haven't had such problems, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's because Eircom lost my file or spelled my name wrong.

Their Incompetence knows no bounds

scudzilla wrote: »
    Over the years i've heard bad things about eir, i've been with them since they bought out meteor and the service has always been pretty great, until a blip last year which has now gone bigger.

We moved gaff last april and eir totally messed up the moving process resulting in my wife and i losing both our mobile numbers which we'd both had for years, pain in the hole but they compenstaed us 250euro in credit for their error. All this happened in June 2019.

I smashed my phone beyond repair last week so was going to use wifeys upgrade which is due this month, rang eir on monday as online it was saying upgrade was june 2021, lady said it was wrong, upgrade was due now and she'd get it changed so can upgrade online by next day.... nothing was changed.

Rang them on wednesday, hour on hold and told yep, thats through now, just give it an hour for system to display it......nothing was changed.

Rang again this morning, lady said previous 2 were wrong and that not due an upgrade until june 2021, told her thats impossible, due one this month and my number in 2 months, adamant that it was june 2021 and that she couldnt change it, her manager also could not change it.

Asked her if it was June 2021 why had i not been given 2 handsets last June, and as i hadn't could i have them now....nope, wasn't having that either.

Now stuck in absolute limbo

TLDR : Eir by a country fcukin mile

Yes they're the absolute pits,how they are actually running a business is way beyond my pay grade COMREG

Sports direct and Fastway couriers - 2 years ago ordered Christmas presents on Black Friday from sports direct and they were to be delivered by fastway. Never arrived, nobody would reply to emails, spent over an hour on hold to be cut off. Ended up driving out to Fastwsy courier depot day before Christmas Eve and asking for parcel- it was there, completely damaged . Nobody had bothered to tell me. Took another 2 months to get refund. Sent numerous complaints via twitter , Facebook and email and never received a reply or apology-will never deal with either again

Similar problems ref fastway/ sports direct, Little island, Cork
    Courier pickup at a local shop and forgot to sign for it
    Started 3 months of hassle, sports direct never received it, fastway lost it,went to them in person and tore strips out of one ,managet called lucky me we worked together in a club previously,still took his involvement to get me a refund

• Advertisement

When you actually do get talking to somebody, that's when the real misery starts.

I spoke over a 6 months period to all of the cu*ts ,I got lies, broken promises and left down,left them yet I still got bills ( albeit -10c for over 2 years)
    Had a near car accident answering the whures, after being on hold for 50 minutes,they dropped the call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

They're back

Fastway Couriers tells court 'abusive' parody account on Twitter 'cuts to the bone' of their reputation
    When Mr Justice Allen wondered if “any right-thinking person” would think this was Fastway, counsel said a number of Twitter users may have believed it was Fastway while others noted it was a parody account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

eir

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Ha, brilliant. And for the record, they cut their own reputation at the knees. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Amazon.

They're a delight if you're a customer, but the company I work for sells on Amazon and the level of bureaucracy, language barriers and general stupidity that the lads here have to deal with is insane. All these war-stories get sent around work and Kafkaesque isn't the half of it. I can't imagine it would be harder doing business in the 1980s Soviet Union. Even McDonalds managed to do that.

They consider themselves a super-efficient utopian solution but they're just a scam. But then again everyone pretty much knows that already: Jeff Bezos amasses absurd tax-free wealth while his warehouse workers urinate in bottles for fear of being docked pay, they get ambulanced home with exhaustion, or it's their own problem if they get Coronavirus in the warehouse.

But the biggest scam of all is that Amazon is so powerful that lots of retailers can't opt out. It's crushing SMEs in many sectors, but it's also a revenue stream we can't do without as we try to hang on. I can't blame our owners here; they're in an impossible position.

And yet we're laughing our heads off at the 20 emails we need to send Amazon to try and get a simple product pic changed, or we CC everyone in the office a comical piece of gibberish that we get from their support team that's so illiterate that it looks like it's been passed through Google Translate 200 times.

It's an incredible thing to watch in the context of free-market/Silicon Valley types redesigning the world in the name of efficiency.

Amazon is a scam, and in efficiency terms it's like selling off the roof of your house and wondering why it's so cold in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭Tork

Parcel Connect, which is an arm of Fastway. I made the mistake of sending a parcel with them. The tracking at the start was grand. It was nearly telling you when the driver stopped off at a service station for a pee en route to their depot. Then once the parcel made it to there, the trail went cold. The parcel went missing and never made it to the UK. I couldn't get through to them on the phone so I had to revert to bombarding them with emails until somebody finally bothered to deal with it properly. Even the process for refunding me was incompetent. I'd already lodged the cheque from them into my bank account when I was being told they'd refund me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I've had a few things delivered to the house by various courier companies since I've been home from work. The routine for most seems to be place package on the front step, knock on the door, stand back from the door, I come to the door, they ask me am I Nigel Fairservice, I say yes and they tell me they'll sign for the package for me on my behalf. Great, suits everyone.

Fastaway knock on the door and the delivery guy is already back in the van by the time I get to the door. No confirming if I'm the right person or if they have the right address. Fastaway dropped 2 packages at my neighbours place 2 weeks ago. Neighbour was good enough to drop them over to me. I can only wonder at how many times they've left packages at the wrong addresses in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Message from DPD that parcel would be delivered yesterday between 3-4pm. Still nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    Over the years i've heard bad things about eir, i've been with them since they bought out meteor and the service has always been pretty great, until a blip last year which has now gone bigger.

We moved gaff last april and eir totally messed up the moving process resulting in my wife and i losing both our mobile numbers which we'd both had for years, pain in the hole but they compenstaed us 250euro in credit for their error. All this happened in June 2019.

I smashed my phone beyond repair last week so was going to use wifeys upgrade which is due this month, rang eir on monday as online it was saying upgrade was june 2021, lady said it was wrong, upgrade was due now and she'd get it changed so can upgrade online by next day.... nothing was changed.

Rang them on wednesday, hour on hold and told yep, thats through now, just give it an hour for system to display it......nothing was changed.

Rang again this morning, lady said previous 2 were wrong and that not due an upgrade until june 2021, told her thats impossible, due one this month and my number in 2 months, adamant that it was june 2021 and that she couldnt change it, her manager also could not change it.

Asked her if it was June 2021 why had i not been given 2 handsets last June, and as i hadn't could i have them now....nope, wasn't having that either.

Now stuck in absolute limbo

TLDR : Eir by a country fcukin mile

Finally got it sorted, nobody will believe this but out of desperation i rang them again on Tuesday, on hold for 35mins and finally....I GOT THROUGH TO AN AGENT WHO ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!!!!

Shiny new p30 pro arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,317 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’ve no idea what Three have done to their website but it’s next to impossible to use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Fastway couriers. Worst courier service in Ireland. Calling you and telling you it's dropped in a petrol station instead of in your hands is not a service. And that's actually decent compared to telling you to go to Swords to a depot in a industrial estate which I had to do once. Hey I will go to the depot and do your job for you

I've seen DPD on this thread. I think they are superb. Never let me down and would text me an hour window and match it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Fastway couriers. Worst courier service in Ireland. Calling you and telling you it's dropped in a petrol station instead of in your hands is not a service.

That happened me once with DHL. I used this...

https://www.dhl.ie/en/contact_center/contact_express/contact_express_management.html

...spoke to Bernard McCarthy and it never happened again. Next time the driver called with a delivery he attempted to give me a bollickin' for nearly losing him his job......

He got a bollickin' back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That happened me once with DHL. I used this...

https://www.dhl.ie/en/contact_center/contact_express/contact_express_management.html

...spoke to Bernard McCarthy and it never happened again. Next time the driver called with a delivery he attempted to give me a bollickin' for nearly losing him his job......

He got a bollickin' back.

Fastway's management would likely give you a bollocking for contacting them; and all the drivers are "self employed" anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

Worst company? Probably my ex girlfriend.

Lol. I'm sure she'd say the same thing - cow haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Haven Mortgages, just avoid these cowboys at all cost. Switched to KBC who are 100,000 times better.

Three, had an operator ring me and offer an upgraded contract for the same price.
    My next bill comes though 20% higher, I call them up and they just say you agreed to the contract.
    I said 'yes but I was told that the price would not change'.
    3: 'Impossible, you would have been told, you replied to the email, you are legally bound by the contract.'
    ME: 'Ok, I want to make a formal request for all my phone calls from the past year.'
    3: 'Ok, we will be in contact abut that shortly.'
    2 days later, 'We will return you to your original contract and refund the extra charges because you are a good customer and we would like to reward you and no punish you for changing your mind'. *not word for word but essentially the message.

GLS also would never order from a company that shipped via GLS. I think they've gotten better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Fastway couriers. Worst courier service in Ireland. Calling you and telling you it's dropped in a petrol station instead of in your hands is not a service. And that's actually decent compared to telling you to go to Swords to a depot in a industrial estate which I had to do once. Hey I will go to the depot and do your job for you

I've seen DPD on this thread. I think they are superb. Never let me down and would text me an hour window and match it

Yup, DPD are the stand out for me, they've been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

There were some awful construction companies one time. Deaths on sites were not at all uncommon back in the 70s and into the 80s in London and Paddy often seemed to get the dodgiest work, not through racism usually, just Irish guys were often very green and would try to do anything they were told.
    Thankfully the industry has cleaned up a lot since then, but there were a fair amount of psychopathic foremen back then, didn’t worry greatly about health of workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

DPD, the worst courier company in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

addaword wrote: »
    DPD, the worst courier company in my experience.

The company I work for have used DPD for nearly 20 years back to when they were Interlink. Currently shipping 400-500 parcels daily . Yes stuff gets damaged if we don't pack it correctly but we rarely have problems with them with deliveries once they have an eircode and contact number

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

Antares35 wrote: »
    Message from DPD that parcel would be delivered yesterday between 3-4pm. Still nothing...

Like all courier companies, you get good drivers and bad drivers. And sometimes drivers can be extra busy or have breakdowns etc. I find fastway very good but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is not an easy or high paid job being a courier I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭playonplayette

AH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Collie D wrote: »
    I’ve no idea what Three have done to their website but it’s next to impossible to use now.

I think the carried out a survey and the results showed that 94% of people found the old one to be terrible and difficult to use, so they have invested heavily in ensuring that number reaches 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Diemos wrote: »
    Haven Mortgages, just avoid these cowboys at all cost. Switched to KBC who are 100,000 times better.

Three, had an operator ring me and offer an upgraded contract for the same price.
    My next bill comes though 20% higher, I call them up and they just say you agreed to the contract.
    I said 'yes but I was told that the price would not change'.
    3: 'Impossible, you would have been told, you replied to the email, you are legally bound by the contract.'
    ME: 'Ok, I want to make a formal request for all my phone calls from the past year.'
    3: 'Ok, we will be in contact abut that shortly.'
    2 days later, 'We will return you to your original contract and refund the extra charges because you are a good customer and we would like to reward you and no punish you for changing your mind'. *not word for word but essentially the message.

GLS also would never order from a company that shipped via GLS. I think they've gotten better though.

GLS are still sh'it they told me that they delivered a parcel at 2pm they told me at 1pm so have mastered time travel but no parcel mailed them several times because they have scanned the parcel as delivered I can't rise a dispute with the sender. They just keep mailing back to contact the sender, 3 weeks this is going on a pain in the fuc k I n g hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭pgj2015

addaword wrote: »
    Like all courier companies, you get good drivers and bad drivers. And sometimes drivers can be extra busy or have breakdowns etc. I find fastway very good but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is not an easy or high paid job being a courier I bet.

neither is a cleaning job, but if a cleaner didn't clean your house right you wouldn't hire them again would ya? low pay is no excuse for not doing your job right.

Advertisement