Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst company you have ever come across?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Think you'll find Eir belong to a group that keeps its own database backlist Credit Insights https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/2017/08/30/credit-history-know-score/

Which doesn't have anything to do with your credit rating. It can potentially cause issues when signing up to a contract with one of the participating companies (the issue being that you have to pay a deposit, because they still want your custom). I haven't had such problems, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's because Eircom lost my file or spelled my name wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some of the Tweets had suggested Fastway staff are Covid-19 infected and that they lick customers doors, he said.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Some of the Tweets had suggested Fastway staff are Covid-19 infected and that they lick customers doors, he said.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Because they hired in people from abroad to do the work that the Irish were too high and mighty to do (and something about social distancing and Covid).

The problem there isn't Keelings, it's work-shy cúnts on the dole.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I noticed that about a day after I added a tweet from that account to this thread, the account was taken down.
    Ironic that the only twitter account related to Fastway is/was a parody one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Dw3sDuMWkAAcYoa?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Over the years i've heard bad things about eir, i've been with them since they bought out meteor and the service has always been pretty great, until a blip last year which has now gone bigger.

We moved gaff last april and eir totally messed up the moving process resulting in my wife and i losing both our mobile numbers which we'd both had for years, pain in the hole but they compenstaed us 250euro in credit for their error. All this happened in June 2019.

I smashed my phone beyond repair last week so was going to use wifeys upgrade which is due this month, rang eir on monday as online it was saying upgrade was june 2021, lady said it was wrong, upgrade was due now and she'd get it changed so can upgrade online by next day.... nothing was changed.

Rang them on wednesday, hour on hold and told yep, thats through now, just give it an hour for system to display it......nothing was changed.

Rang again this morning, lady said previous 2 were wrong and that not due an upgrade until june 2021, told her thats impossible, due one this month and my number in 2 months, adamant that it was june 2021 and that she couldnt change it, her manager also could not change it.

Asked her if it was June 2021 why had i not been given 2 handsets last June, and as i hadn't could i have them now....nope, wasn't having that either.

Now stuck in absolute limbo

TLDR : Eir by a country fcukin mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Boards.ie

Can be arsed getting site working right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

DPD are useless cunce.

I use Eir for my mobile service. Generally no problems. The growing sense of dread as I read every other posters complaints. I’m gonna get f*cked:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    DPD are useless cunce.

I use Eir for my mobile service. Generally no problems. The growing sense of dread as I read every other posters complaints. I’m gonna get f*cked:(

Dpd are the top courier in the country they shouldn't even be in this conversation. Dealing with them years a really excellent company given the race to the bottom in the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

rob316 wrote: »
    Dpd are the top courier in the country they shouldn't even be in this conversation. Dealing with them years a really excellent company given the race to the bottom in the industry.

I have to agree. the worst I have had from dpd is that they said a time and were a bit late.

other companies have been days late, left the package at someone else's house, outside my house, in a local shop, all without telling me.
    some have lost the package
    rude to me looking for directions
    refusing to deliver because the address isn't correct even thought its 100% correct
    damaged packages.
    not ringing in advance so your home when its explicitly written on the label

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, your man is a bit off his head alright, sound enough if he was sedated I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, your man is a bit off his head alright, sound enough if he was sedated I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Really?

My opinion is based on my experience over the last month and in times gone by,

Have received no answer from their 'Ask a Question' online form.
    Have received no answer from Email, not even automated.
    Nobody is answering the Phone Lines (although I did give up after 45 mins each time)
    Nobody is answering the phone in the local Depot.

Thats the Customer Service Im getting from the Top Courier in the Country. So yes, they should absolutely be in the conversation, IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I ordered a gift for my niece last week from UK using Parcel Wizard (DPD), then when I got tracking notice it was on the way to my virtual DPD address I got a brain wave could I get it diverted to my sister's address which is in another county and would save a lot of hassle in the current climate. Logged in online to my account and discovered it's all been part of the service since I signed up years ago, clickety click problem solved no extra cost.

DPD for the win.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

DPD. Literally every time they deliver something there is a problem. Sometimes, I will be at work and a call will come in from a mobile number I do not recognise. It literally rings for a millisecond and then the call ends. So, I do not physically have time to answer it. When I call it back, there is no answer. Suspecting it is DPD, I will log onto their website and track my parcel to see a status update - driver could not contact recipient for directions etc. Where the driver has literally buzzed my phone and hung up quickly on purpose so the call is "logged" but they avoided talking to me. Then the item goes back to the depot. Any time I called the depot to complain about this (and ask why I cannot get through to the driver) they say they can't contact the driver from the office (imagine not being able to contact your own drivers :rolleyes:).

One time, when I was at home awaiting a delivery I called the office straight away after the "missed call" and was told the driver was in another location (not far from my house). I offered to drive to him to collect the parcel myself and was told that was not possible (he clearly wasn't near my house at all).

I think they just see that the house is slightly rural (and when I say slightly it is literally a five minute drive to the local pubs, shops etc.) but they just take one look and say "feck it, I am not going up there" and don't bother their holes. It happens every time. I hate them.

Sometimes they will just randomly update the status - back at depot and new delivery date agreed- and I am sitting there scratching my head thinking, I never agreed to a new delivery date, when did that happen? Or they will say they can't find the address even though I put the eircode in the first line!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Really?

Nobody is answering the Phone Lines (although I did give up after 45 mins each time)

Thats the Customer Service Im getting from the Top Courier in the Country. So yes, they should absolutely be in the conversation, IMO!

Same, I though this was based on our own experiences too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,034 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Virgin media the tv side specifically.
    There is only so many times one person can hear someone from the phillipines saying "thank you for patiently waiting" before throwing the phone at the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really?

Judging any courier during this wouldn't be accurate, DPD are gone to the dogs but that's because so many use them as they are so reliable normally.
    200 parcels a week go with them from us and its rare I have to pick up the phone or email them about a parcel, so I would think I have a bigger sample size of their service than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 OneMoreBabadee

Another vote for Eir, I don't know how they have a single customer left.
    Last year they helped themselves to €150 from my 80 year old aunt's bank account (whose only income is State pension) for "equipment non return fee" despite the online tracking clearly showing they received it. After several calls and emails on her and my part at the time, they still haven't refunded the money. She decided to cut her losses as the effort and stress chasing them wasn't worth it. Absolute c-u-n-t-s of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My inlaws switched from Eir to Vodafone a few months ago. I usually look after their IT needs, and they've just told me they want to port their old landline number as they forgot to mention it to me when they switched. Preparing myself for the inevitable Eir attempts to make what seems a simple process needlessly convoluted.

Judging any courier during this wouldn't be accurate, DPD are gone to the dogs but that's because so many use them as they are so reliable normally.
    200 parcels a week go with them from us and its rare I have to pick up the phone or email them about a parcel, so I would think I have a bigger sample size of their service than yours.

200 parcels a week. Well its a good job you dont have to ring, because nobody will answer, its a good job you dont have to email, because nobody will answer.

Or maybe your 200 parcels a week gives you access to other contact details, I dont know!

Let me be clear, there is very little excuse for not answering whatsoever to any customer service query mechanism or similar, during this time or another.

My issues is not with something not being delivered as such, I understand parcels will always go missing, its the complete lack of customer service and an inability to communicate.

Their latest slogan, Covid-19 'Contactless Delivery'. They should just drop the Delivery bit...

PS. If you do have an inside line on those contact details, pass them on please ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

They will switch them onto VOBB (voip) service automatically in the shop or online, unless you specify PSTN port over. Be very clear with them, as you alluded to yourself above, it will become convoluted :D They may put them on another number temporarily, while they 'check if the old one is available'
    keano_afc wrote: »
    My inlaws switched from Eir to Vodafone a few months ago. I usually look after their IT needs, and they've just told me they want to port their old landline number as they forgot to mention it to me when they switched. Preparing myself for the inevitable Eir attempts to make what seems a simple process needlessly convoluted.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Has anyone see Joe Lycett's Got Your Back on Channel 4? He is exposing businesses for poor customer service and screwing customers over. It's so well done and he actually changed his name by deed poll to, Hugo Boss as a stand against, Hugo Boss who tried to intimidate a brewing company in Swansea called Boss Brewing.
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/comedian-legally-changes-name-to-hugo-boss-in-trademark-taunt-39004343.html

He also exposed a company similar to DPD in the UK, but can't remember which company, for losing customer's packages and then auctioning them off after a certain timeframe, even though their contact details and delivery address were clearly visible on the packaging in a storeroom. Well worth a watch if you like, Joe Lycett.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Has anyone see Joe Lycett's Got Your Back on Channel 4? He is exposing businesses for poor customer service and screwing customers over. It's so well done and he actually changed his name by deed poll to, Hugo Boss as a stand against, Hugo Boss who tried to intimidate a brewing company in Swansea called Boss Brewing.
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/comedian-legally-changes-name-to-hugo-boss-in-trademark-taunt-39004343.html

He also exposed a company similar to DPD in the UK, but can't remember which company, for losing customer's packages and then auctioning them off after a certain timeframe, even though their contact details and delivery address were clearly visible on the packaging in a storeroom. Well worth a watch if you like, Joe Lycett.

Hermes parcel company

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hermes parcel company

Yes. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The problem there isn't Keelings, it's work-shy cúnts on the dole.

Would you work for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭corks finest

Eir.

Definitely, positively,200 percent, absolutely awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭corks finest

They will switch them onto VOBB (voip) service automatically in the shop or online, unless you specify PSTN port over. Be very clear with them, as you alluded to yourself above, it will become convoluted :D They may put them on another number temporarily, while they 'check if the old one is available'

Braveheart

Advertisement