Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst company you have ever come across?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Manhatton

EIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Also, Avantcard. Pricks to deal with. I also resent having to give personal details over the phone when they have rung me. I tore the head off a guy yesterday who rang me from a private number and insisted on asking me mothers maiden name etc.

+1

Anytime I have to ring them I get this really cranky older guy, kind of camp voice, completely unsuited to customer service. He said to me once as I was asking him to look up something on my account "I could really do without this" I asked him to repeat that and he just said he was coughing, im sorry I didn't get his name and report him. Its as if they have no fear at all about customer complaints. Im betting none of the phone calls are actually recorded or if they are they aren't monitored for employee quality.

No other reason for them to be total pr!cks to their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Exact same with Hermes in the north absolute sh1tehawks.....

I never had any problems with them
    Though it depends on the driver obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

dotsman wrote: »
    Vodafone definitely. Broadband was constantly failing after I signed up last summer. After 2 months, it went dead permanently. Numerous calls, but they were unable to fix so was cancelled.

This has lead to constant barrage of threatening phone calls, emails and text messages ever since as they continue to charge for the broadband (billing department were never informed!). They ignore and/or lose any text messages/emails I send and every phone call means starting the conversation from scratch, being passed from team to team, none of whom can see any history of the issue, desire/power to resolve the situation, just simply say that this has nothing to do with their team and pass you on to another team for a "wash, rinse, repeat".

As an organisation, it really needs to be put down...

I had similar issues with vodafone. Signed up to mandatory 18 month contract and after 10 months I had to emigrate. Contacted them to cancel well in advance to negotiate and pay some off the remaining contract and was ignored. Asked them how to return their modem and was ignored.

I blocked direct debit from the bank and threw their modem in the bin the day before I left the country. They sent bills and emails for months and months before eventually giving up.

What they hoped to achieve I'm not sure. Did they think I'd stay in the country because of my broadband commitments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Eir definitely set the benchmark for others. Between gomo and the normal company, my experience has been woeful.

Best company I've had dealing with is esb networks. Very expensive, but very straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Greyhound bin company.
    I've tried to erase them from my mind.

My late mother used them up until she moved into a nursing home.They made a few calls to her mobile phone while she was in the nursing home but with I'ill health she hadn't a clue what they were on about , apparently if you're not putting bins out regularly, it pops up on their system .
    Anyhow I tried ringing them but with GDPR they wouldn't speak to me , no problem.
    One night I was in her house and two goons from Greyhound turned up with me explaining the house is unoccupied, so they offered me a contract for the unoccupied house even though I explained I didn't need it.
    A week later a single solitary brown bin arrived at the house and post started arriving for invoices and with a contract , I tried ringing them , no use GDPR .
    On and on this saga went every couple of weeks post arrived, they rang my mother regularly who in all honesty enjoyed chatting to "dem nice foreign girls" , her words.

Time passed and I eventually rang asking could I speak to a supervisor and low and behold we came to an agreement where I agreed to pay of the the balance of the years contract owed and they could have their four bins back.

Problem solved , not a fcukin' hope.
    New contract issued , invoices issued and all the various bollix associated with them.

I gave up eventually, my mother passed away and I sold her house with the four bins left in her front garden hoping somebody would rob them.

They're back .

"Service Update: We will attempt to be with you tomorrow to Remove your bin(s). Please have the bin(s) at the front of your property prior to 6am. Thank you."

House is sold , my mothers dead 18 months.
    I haven't lived there in about 25 years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have had no problems with Eir but we do have wifi with them and I dread the day an inevitable problem arrives.That being said, my dad rang them following my grandmother's death last year to cut off her phone account.When he eventually got through to someone he told them the situation...his mother had died recently and he wanted to cancel the account in her name.
    The person on the other end of the line said "I will need to speak to the account holder to do that".
    Speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daintydoll1

Sky. For anyone not with them, please don’t ever be tempted to sign up. Customer service is really appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Parcel2Go. Works alright most of the time but if anything goes wrong they are hopeless. They only do customer service by chatbot that spamms you with useless pre written options 'do you want to rebook, rebook, rebook'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

fastway don't seem to care that a lot of the people who drive for them as complete and total scumbags ,

I know one fella who drives for them having just got out of jail for thieving

was chatting to him one day and he had a load of ammo going to a gun dealers

scary enough stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

mynamejeff wrote: »
    fastway don't seem to care that a lot of the people who drive for them as complete and total scumbags ,

was chatting to him one day and he had a load of ammo going to a gun dealers

scary enough stuff

They don't even know who is working for them as the drivers seem to get mates working for them when they get busy.

Edit> Although on refection its hard to believe a fastway driver would have any mates at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭pgj2015

imagine them kind of lads casing out peoples houses as they thrown your stuff from their van.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just on courier services if the driver is a contractor and no not a direct employee the service can be poor as they don't really answer to anyone. All of fastway and dpd, nightline and gls use some contractors. We use fastway for small low value parcels, its generally ok but I wouldn't dare send something valuable with them. Littlewoods and the like using them to deliver laptops is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

rob316 wrote: »
    Just on courier services if the driver is a contractor and no not a direct employee the service can be poor as they don't really answer to anyone. All of fastway and dpd, nightline and gls use some contractors. We use fastway for small low value parcels, its generally ok but I wouldn't dare send something valuable with them. Littlewoods and the like using them to deliver laptops is ridiculous.

From chatting to drivers and friends who are drivers I don't think Fastway have any drivers directly employed and pay rubbish money to contractors which would explain the dismal service and high turnover of drivers.

I know that DPD have or at least had a mixture of both contractor and employee's and from I gathered from drivers I know, the contractors are happy doing city based service getting paid per parcel and the employees are generally on the rural service with a guaranteed wage no matter what.

It makes perfect sense as a business model in my opinion.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

mynamejeff wrote: »

I know one lad. Himself and the girlfriend got caught with drugs after receiving them off a courier. She got a lot of the blame but he's done stuff in the past to.
    He probably got off on a suspended sentence but guess what his latest job is a courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Three just sent me two texts today.

One giving me 3000 national minutes onto my package.
    And another giving me 14000 MB of data onto my package.

I’m on an all inclusive all you can eat data package.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What is the story with couriers, I think they get paid per parcel drop rather than an hourly wage? I think that might be why they are throwing parcels over back walls and fences, or leaving them with neighbours you dont know, etc

Id say if they cant make delivery on the first attempt then they are not getting paid for the second one. Hence them just leaving them there. Im not excusing drivers behaviour but it does seem the problem is a structural one created by courier company management because drivers are paid by the drop and missing it loses them money.

Think I heard before that many are owner-drivers, ie they have own their own van, have to pay all costs associated with that. Sounds like a hellish industry to work in.

Everyone expects free delivery now. Fastway are the absolute cheapest of all couriers, so you see why so many big companies use them. If customers were willing to pay more or a charge they could have a better delivery service.
    I know lads in fastway and they all regret taking on the franchise, too much volume and out for about 12 hours a day. Paid per delivery so unless your in a built up area the driver is regularly in he won't be enthusiastic about attempting delivery again.

Biggest problem with fastway is the parcels get misrouted so often as there distribution system is so outdated and manual. Driver goes back to the depot and its up to them to put your parcel in the right cage for each depot around the country whereas DPD send everything to their hub in Athlone, its seperated by a computer conveyer system and sent to the local depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

pgj2015 wrote: »
    For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.

They "delivered" a package to me at 2pm last Tuesday (according to their tracking). Luckily it was still on my doorstep when I arrived home at 3pm the following evening having been there for 25 hours while I was away for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,059 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Everyone expects free delivery now. Fastway are the absolute cheapest of all couriers, so you see why so many big companies use them. If customers were willing to pay more or a charge they could have a better delivery service.

Do they? I don't recall ordering anything in the last couple of years that has free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

looksee wrote: »
    Do they? I don't recall ordering anything in the last couple of years that has free delivery.

You don't use Amazon then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't know which company it is, but this guy repeatedly describes them as the worst company in the world, and judging by his level of rage I'd be inclined to believe him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I really can't fathom out the attitude of the bosees/owners of Fastway. They surely know the diabolical reputation they have? Do they REALLY not care how the public look upon them?

looksee wrote: »

Amazon?

Either way even if its charged its heavily discounted by the retailer

blueser wrote: »
    I really can't fathom out the attitude of the bosees/owners of Fastway. They surely know the diabolical reputation they have? Do they REALLY not care how the public look upon them?

There's an Irish franchise, then regional franchisee, then driver franchises. Its just a name it has no management structure whatsoever.

There's an Irish franchise, then regional franchisee, then driver franchises. Its just a name it has no management structure whatsoever.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

People complaining about Fastway don't in most cases choose to use them you buy something online and it's the e tailor who use fastway (probably because they are cheap).

Personally dont think the choice of courier company would dictate where I buy from.

They can be as **** as they like, as long as they deliver stuff and that includes throwing stuff over side gates, it won't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

But surely, the men at the very top (what are they anyway;British, American, AN Other?) must demand/get feedback from their various areas of operation? They can't be blissfully ignorant of the dreadful service the Irish operation offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Eir wins hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

People complaining about Fastway don't in most cases choose to use them you buy something online and it's the e tailor who use fastway (probably because they are cheap).

Personally dont think the choice of courier company would dictate where I buy from.

They can be as **** as they like, as long as they deliver stuff and that includes throwing stuff over side gates, it won't matter.

I'd be one nervous lamb if I was around you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

But surely, the men at the very top (what are they anyway;British, American, AN Other?) must demand/get feedback from their various areas of operation? They can't be blissfully ignorant of the dreadful service the Irish operation offers.

Ha you think its an Irish problem? fastway/ napier couriers are a new Zealand who franchise all over the world. They are in turn owned by aramex, go look up aramex reviews.

Advertisement