Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst company you have ever come across?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That's the key point. Product is grand, but if you need to do ANYTHING with them, you'll soon go dull with rage at their sheer incompetence in dealing with any request. Soul destroying......

yeah Eir is grand until you need to deal with them. Found that out to my cost after 7 years being a customer of Eirmobile with no problems at all but wanted to switch to a new offer on Tesco. Think it took the best part of six weeks and dozens of calls to actually leave them, they are an absolutely frustrating company to deal with. A friend worked for their outsourced call centre for 6 months and said its chaos in there, at one point there was only two people answering technical queries for a customer base of over a million people.

Vodafone another one. Had a battle with them last year where I was left without broadband for more than 4 months, dozens of calls unanswered and stacks of call backs never made, it was like their call centre was the Marie Celeste. Eventually I got it settled with the 4 months bills entirely waived and 50% off all future bills for the remainder of a 2 yr contract so at least Im quids in. But my god it was grief, they stressed the fcuk out of me for months on end.

Advice to anyone having trouble with telcos- if you cant get through or get your problem resolved after 3 or 4 or 5 attempts dont waste a minute more of your time, just go ring up Comreg and file a complaint. Thats what I had to do with Vodafone and I found Comreg excellent, they answer the phone quickly every time, they get onto a senior manager in the company you're complaining about and they help get it resolved. The company has 10 days to answer you and try to come to a solution, thats also a great opportunity to get a nice whack off your bill too as the company needs to be seen putting right what they did wrong to Comreg or else they risk fines.

re-Fastway- what online retailers are using them for deliveries? Maybe Ive been lucky but its been very rare that Ive had them as a courier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah Eir is grand until you need to deal with them. Found that out to my cost after 7 years being a customer of Eirmobile with no problems at all but wanted to switch to a new offer on Tesco. Think it took the best part of six weeks and dozens of calls to actually leave them, they are an absolutely frustrating company to deal with. A friend worked for their outsourced call centre for 6 months and said its chaos in there, at one point there was only two people answering technical queries for a customer base of over a million people.

Vodafone another one. Had a battle with them last year where I was left without broadband for more than 4 months, dozens of calls unanswered and stacks of call backs never made, it was like their call centre was the Marie Celeste. Eventually I got it settled with the 4 months bills entirely waived and 50% off all future bills for the remainder of a 2 yr contract so at least Im quids in. But my god it was grief, they stressed the fcuk out of me for months on end.

Advice to anyone having trouble with telcos- if you cant get through or get your problem resolved after 3 or 4 or 5 attempts dont waste a minute more of your time, just go ring up Comreg and file a complaint. Thats what I had to do with Vodafone and I found Comreg excellent, they answer the phone quickly every time, they get onto a senior manager in the company you're complaining about and they help get it resolved. The company has 10 days to answer you and try to come to a solution, thats also a great opportunity to get a nice whack off your bill too as the company needs to be seen putting right what they did wrong to Comreg or else they risk fines.

re-Fastway- what online retailers are using them for deliveries? Maybe Ive been lucky but its been very rare that Ive had them as a courier

the contact lense companies like feel good lenses and vision direct use them but also dhl so you can choose dhl instead. I reported them to feel good lenses, they apologized and advised me to pick dhl the next time.

always report companies like this, most people never do but why let them away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Comreg.When I had s 2 year problem, fully documented, with Vodafone, Comregdid nothing but make me repeat what had happened with VF -they wrote no letters on my behalf, did not intervene on my behalf snd closed my case when VF told them it was ‘resolved’ - it wasn’t -I toik legal advice thanks to the unpaid volunteers in the free legal aid place and with zero practical help or assistance from the overpaid paid and fully pensioned staff in comreg threatened legal action in vodafone for their breech of contract for the past / years.Cheque for over 2k compensation was in the post after I took legal advice and put it in writing to the vodafone corporate affairs department -who also simply didn’t give s ****. All comreg did was be an extra wheel - they have no powers to intervene and cannot give advice -it shut be shut down and replaced with useful callcenter lawyers.

As with ALL of the issues with 3, ( if it was the only company in the world I would use pigeons & resign to never trying to use the internet again they are so useless in their product and horrific to deal with) people here in contracts should note that if THEY are in breech of their delivery part of the contract you can claim up to two thousand euro breech of contract in the district court with your proof of their non compliance or failure to provide the service you have contracted them to do.This is in addition to any service extras they may choose to bestow on you. I disremember the magic phrase and piece if legislation I was advised to quote at them but in both my cases with the nightmare 3 and the ‘we list everything snd turned off the mast irresponsible Vodafone’ it put an end to the nonsense immediately.

I’d also like to to the pot Panda bins -what bin we didnt see it/leave it on the narrow road for 3 weeks and we’ll be back for it sometime’ snd their rude, disgusting, self entitled spanish pigeon english speaking ‘staff’, and their managers who promise they’ll do anything for you -online-but in reality do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Greyhound bin company.
    I've tried to erase them from my mind.

My late mother used them up until she moved into a nursing home.They made a few calls to her mobile phone while she was in the nursing home but with I'ill health she hadn't a clue what they were on about , apparently if you're not putting bins out regularly, it pops up on their system .
    Anyhow I tried ringing them but with GDPR they wouldn't speak to me , no problem.
    One night I was in her house and two goons from Greyhound turned up with me explaining the house is unoccupied, so they offered me a contract for the unoccupied house even though I explained I didn't need it.
    A week later a single solitary brown bin arrived at the house and post started arriving for invoices and with a contract , I tried ringing them , no use GDPR .
    On and on this saga went every couple of weeks post arrived, they rang my mother regularly who in all honesty enjoyed chatting to "dem nice foreign girls" , her words.

Time passed and I eventually rang asking could I speak to a supervisor and low and behold we came to an agreement where I agreed to pay of the the balance of the years contract owed and they could have their four bins back.

Problem solved , not a fcukin' hope.
    New contract issued , invoices issued and all the various bollix associated with them.

I gave up eventually, my mother passed away and I sold her house with the four bins left in her front garden hoping somebody would rob them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Three network

Irish van rentals

Ryanair

Garbage companies with some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Actually Ireland is usually pretty bad for customer service.

That's pretty accurate. I think it's just in the Irish psyche to screw/or not give a shyte about other Irish people.

That story about the guy with the bike sounds legit. Threaten ya with court action rather than own up to a mistake. Bastrd mentality in some places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

here's one i recently had the misfortune of dealing with Ireland Battery.com they sell laptop batteries

but guess what they're not in Ireland they're in.... yes you guess it...China

made a complaint to paypal about them, suppose i shouldn't hold my breath:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’d forgotten about Greyhound. Appalling company when it came to customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Eir is the correct answer, closely followed by Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

keano_afc wrote: »
    Eir is the correct answer.

eir on the side of caution?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sorry for your troubles Corner. It's particularly shít to treat an elderly or bereaved person badly. It wouldn't be hard for them to escalate such cases to a supervisor by default.

I had a different experience with Greyhound - they forgot to charge me any lift fees for about three years... and yes I did tell them...

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Regarding Eir before they rang me before regarding my burglar alarm going off.
    Firstly I didn’t have any type of alarm and I wasn’t a key holder.
    They had my name wrong also but they were very insistent it was my alarm.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    the contact lense companies like feel good lenses and vision direct use them but also dhl so you can choose dhl instead. I reported them to feel good lenses, they apologized and advised me to pick dhl the next time.

always report companies like this, most people never do but why let them away with it?

It must be the reason why Fastway get away with what they do, people are tolerating them and not reporting them. Not sure if they fall under Comreg like An Post but if not then people should be reporting them to the retailer

fryup wrote: »
    made a complaint to paypal about them, suppose i shouldn't hold my breath:cool:

Actually Paypal another one who are hassle to deal with. Was sent a fake Xiaomi phone from China a few year back, told the seller who agreed a refund once it was sent back. Posted it and of course the seller 'never got it'. Tried to get a refund by Paypal who said I shouldnt have sent it and wouldnt order the refund. Said feck this and filled out a Small Claims Court application for 25 euro, three weeks later I had my 200 quid refund. Had I not done that Paypal were not paying me out. Have also heard that Paypal are bolloxes to work for too

Small Claims Court is a great way of bringing asshole companies to heel, it costs you 25 euro but it will cost them 300+ to engage a solicitor and send them down there to defend it. Vast majority of companies will just pay out rather than got to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

tdf7187 wrote: »
    You jest, surely. Screwing elderly customers by closing rural offices. Constantly upping the price of stamps (granted the latter is probably a business necessity).

Rural post offices closed because no one was using them. As in there were days when some of them had no customers at all. Keeping a service open to cater for a small handful of customers isn’t sustainable. More cost effective alternatives were found.

You’d occasionally see one of the RTÉ regional correspondents reporting on the closure of some rural post office. Usually with a bunch of slack-jawed yokels behind him staring gormlessly into the camera. He might then interview one lad with hair on his cheeks and no teeth about how it will impact him. The reality is we no longer live in an Ireland where we need small rural shops and post offices. The demographics don’t support it.

Vodafone.

Recent dealings, interactions with their website or app have all been abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Vodafone.

Recent dealings, interactions with their website or app have all been abysmal.

Vodafone are the worst of the mobile networks apart from all the rest of them.

Also, Avantcard. Pricks to deal with. I also resent having to give personal details over the phone when they have rung me. I tore the head off a guy yesterday who rang me from a private number and insisted on asking me mothers maiden name etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think we can all agree that Mobile Networks are the worst just depends which one you were unfortunate to be with at the time which gave you lots hassle.

PTSB I had huge problems with them before

Also, Avantcard. Pricks to deal with. I also resent having to give personal details over the phone when they have rung me. I tore the head off a guy yesterday who rang me from a private number and insisted on asking me mothers maiden name etc.

ha, used to be with Avantcard and yeah they would ring you up from a private number and try to ask the security questions.Its pretty unbelievable that a major credit card company would be behaving the exact same way as fraudsters. Glad I got away from them, their interest rates are shocking, 26%+ is the norm for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I use DPD for business and I really can't fault them

Like everything else you get what you pay for

I hear ya, but I never agree with this ‘you get what you pay for’ thing.

If DPD, Nightline, Fastway or whoever take my phone call, listen to me explaining that I want them to collect a package in D7 and have it delivered by X time the following day in Cork.... they quote me a price say 20 euros... that’s an agreement... if they say they can do it for 4 euros... again, we agree on that... it’s an agreement.

If the following day, the package only arrived at 4.30.. I’m not going to be impressed if the individual says... “well, we only charged you 4 euros, what do you expect?” ... I expect to be of receipt of the service I paid for !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

codie wrote: »
    Eir customer service and Dhl
    Our DHL courier drops your parcel at a local petrol station. Doesn't even ring you to tell you parcel is there
    You have to keep tracking it. Before that they would ring and ask you to meet them in town.
    I don't order any more from a company that uses DHL.

Happened to me too with DHL. I complained. The next time the driver called to deliver we had an argument and he accused me of nearly causing him to lose his job!!

WTF did he expect if he wasn't doing it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If someone calls me and asks for details I will not give them under any circumstances.

Sky are ba$tards for that. I simply explain that "you called me". I'm not giving out PII over the phone when I didnt make the call.

ELM327 wrote: »
    If someone calls me and asks for details I will not give them under any circumstances.

Sky are ba$tards for that. I simply explain that "you called me". I'm not giving out PII over the phone when I didnt make the call.

Except Avantcard keep doing it. Im considering writing to the regulator because in 2020 it's really not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Nightline are terrible. They've never delivered on they day they are supposed to, always the next day.

One of their drivers tried to tell me one day that the address I use is incorrect and it should be something different.

I've lived here for nearly 40 years, I think I know my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Once I applied for broadband with Eir, they said you have to get a phone line first, after I got the phone line they told me broadband is not available for that phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Nightline are terrible.
    Our DHL courier drops your parcel at a local petrol station.
    I experienced a severe deterioration in the service from Parcel Motel
    DPD hand parcels to my neighbors without my permission.
    Fastway Couriers Ireland
    To comply with government advice, we will now be throwing all packages from the van.r.
    From now on I will never use any couriers I will drive or fly to collect the stuff myself

What is the story with couriers, I think they get paid per parcel drop rather than an hourly wage? I think that might be why they are throwing parcels over back walls and fences, or leaving them with neighbours you dont know, etc

Id say if they cant make delivery on the first attempt then they are not getting paid for the second one. Hence them just leaving them there. Im not excusing drivers behaviour but it does seem the problem is a structural one created by courier company management because drivers are paid by the drop and missing it loses them money.

Think I heard before that many are owner-drivers, ie they have own their own van, have to pay all costs associated with that. Sounds like a hellish industry to work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Think I heard before that many are owner-drivers, ie they have own their own van, have to pay all costs associated with that. Sounds like a hellish industry to work in.

Isn't fastway a franchise? Don't they sell routes to the operators/drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What is the story with couriers, I think they get paid per parcel drop rather than an hourly wage? I think that might be why they are throwing parcels over back walls and fences, or leaving them with neighbours you dont know, etc

Id say if they cant make delivery on the first attempt then they are not getting paid for the second one. Hence them just leaving them there. Im not excusing drivers behaviour but it does seem the problem is a structural one created by courier company management because drivers are paid by the drop and missing it loses them money.

Leaving with neighbors is not too much of a big deal. It’s fairly common throughout the courier industry. If I’m out and something important is coming a day early, I’m glad and grateful if my neighbor would have taken it and knocked in with it. The courier will leave a note in my door.. “left with #125”...the courier obtained a signature. You get your package a day early and the courier has one less delivery stop the next day.

No reputable company will leave a package over a wall or accessible that it could be stolen, damaged or exposed to the weather. Signatures are 100% required. I know a few companies and industry in general and if the package is delivered and signed for, genuinely.. but the sender requires and requests the ‘proof of delivery’ and if that’s not possible the shipping is free as per contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭chosen1

I think we can all agree that Mobile Networks are the worst just depends which one you were unfortunate to be with at the time which gave you lots hassle.

PTSB I had huge problems with them before

Yea don't think any of them come out smelling of roses in this thread.

With Eir now and had a problem with the contract. Didn't even attempt to ring them after hearing horror stories from other people so went into their shop. Problem solved straight away.

• Advertisement

Isn't fastway a franchise? Don't they sell routes to the operators/drivers?

Going by this page they operate both franchises and contract drivers
    https://www.fastway.ie/contact-us/recruitment

Advertisement