Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

So it was you who reported me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I love salads actually. I don't love going around trying to get a rise out of people out of malice instead of actual debating.

I lolled at that.

It is actually sending aid to Italy. And Ireland.

An opinion isn't a statement of fact though.

China doesn't do anything for anyone without strings attached

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

vriesmays wrote: »
    So it was you who reported me.

I didn't actually report you no. Just don't like racist terms. Do you think it's grand to use words like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

I love salads actually. I don't love going around trying to get a rise out of people out of malice instead of actual debating.

What are you debating? I thought I told you before to relax, being angry is not good for you. This is just a nonsense site, you don't have to be debating or getting worked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Telling people how to feel ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Open plan living is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,924 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That's another thing on this thread - statements about what will happen with zero to back it up.

Thread title should have been changed to 'Stupid Opinions' months ago Girl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

why do people click on this thread for unpopular opinions, then moan about the opinions.

I get it most wont agree, but is that not the point of the thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

why do people click on this thread for unpopular opinions, then moan about the opinions.

I get it most wont agree, but is that not the point of the thread ?

There's a difference between an unpopular opinion and an inaccurate statement of fact.

I suspect you aren't the quickest so I'll give examples.
    "I think potatoes are unpleasant to eat", might be considered an unpopular opinion.

"Potatoes cannot be eaten by people", is a statement of an inaccurate fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Self-isolating will kill more people in Ireland than that virus.

Suck it up buttercup! :p

Nelson Mandela spent 6 years of a 27 year prison sentence in solitary confinement... he said ultimately it made him stronger not weaker.

If he can do that... you can spend a few weeks indoors, trying not to catch and spread a dangerous virus around the country! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

People wearing face masks are wasting their time as the corona can enter the eyes.

There is droplet transmission and aerosol transmission...

Face masks have a negligible effect on aerosol transmission, as the particles are so small... but they certainly are effective for droplet transmission. (Coughing, sneezing, and even talking at close range etc)

Anything that can bring down the infection rate, even by a small amount, is potentially worth it. The Asians have the correct idea wearing masks, and we probably should all be wearing them too! They're far from a waste of time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

This virus was created by the Chinese or American government to destabilise one of the others countries.

As well as that, the lengths we're letting this devastate the economy is unacceptable. People should just go about their daily lives on the 29th. I want to go back to college

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This virus was created by the Chinese or American government to destabilise one of the others countries.

As well as that, the lengths we're letting this devastate the economy is unacceptable. People should just go about their daily lives on the 29th. I want to go back to college

It'll be the 29th September 2020 at the earliest boss. If you are still around by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think non binary people hoping to be referred to by pronouns like 'they' and 'them' need to cop on to themselves.

Using such terms is grammatically incorrect, and using those terms to the rest of us binary folk might be considered quite rude.

The whinging about the 35 different genders, which non binary toilet to use or identifying as a mongoose seems to have ceased for the moment. Thankfully.

I gave you a chance but... no more. Deranged, self absorbed vomit.

There's a difference between an unpopular opinion and an inaccurate statement of fact.

I suspect you aren't the quickest so I'll give examples.
    "I think potatoes are unpleasant to eat", might be considered an unpopular opinion.

"Potatoes cannot be eaten by people", is a statement of an inaccurate fact.
    Exactly. This is the key thing about opinions that people choose to ignore. Sometimes something is either a fact or isn't. Opinion does not come into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

ye are still moaning because ye dont like what ye read.

guess what, no one cares. I have no problem if someone thinks their opinion is fact, or at least not in this thread.
    Ye need to loosen up and stop derailing the thread.

That is my opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Large women make excellent candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The demographic whose mental health is most at risk during this lock-down are the sporty men. Imagine having a routine of training three nights a week, and playing a match at the weekend, suddenly called to a halt (for the greater good I admit). Or scheduling your free time to attend matches etc. Heck even the lack of sporting action on the telly hammers home how much you miss it when it's gone.

It's grand for full-time mammy Jacinta from Ballyfermot though. Sure she still has her soaps and Saturday night light entertainment to keep her going.

The demographic whose mental health is most at risk during this lock-down are the sporty men. Imagine having a routine of training three nights a week, and playing a match at the weekend, suddenly called to a halt (for the greater good I admit). Or scheduling your free time to attend matches etc. Heck even the lack of sporting action on the telly hammers home how much you miss it when it's gone.

It's grand for full-time mammy Jacinta from Ballyfermot though. Sure she still has her soaps and Saturday night light entertainment to keep her going.
    How is that unpopular?

• Advertisement

ye are still moaning because ye dont like what ye read.

guess what, no one cares. I have no problem if someone thinks their opinion is fact, or at least not in this thread.
    Ye need to loosen up and stop derailing the thread.

That is my opinion :D
    But anyway yeah, contradiction of fact is not opinion.

That's just the way it is, whether I agree with the person or not. Can't remember what your particular post said. I'm talking in general terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Coronation Street and Emmerdale are stopping filming now.
    Fair City and Eastenders have stopped.
    Episodes cut back.
    So in a few weeks Jacinta from Ballyfermot might have nothing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Episodes cut back.

There is always the house work to do . They will be fine 🤪👍😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There is always the house work to do . They will be fine 🤪👍😁

Agree, same with the sporty lads so!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Agree, same with the sporty lads so!

Ah, way too dangerous for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Omackeral wrote: »
    I didn't actually report you no. Just don't like racist terms. Do you think it's grand to use words like that?

My unpopular opinion is that it is indeed grand to use words like chinks. I use it all the time - more commonly to refer to the food than the people but (i.e. fancy a chinks tonight?) I have no problem whatsoever with the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

beejee wrote: »
    Large women make excellent candles.

Thank you Herr Eichmann

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i can only assume they will hit the cocaine hard until that runs out

Episodes cut back.

In other words poor Jacinta has no role models anymore! :mad:

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

This won't go down well but some of the stories about Owen Hart really show him up to be a dick.

The fact that he took advantage of marks across the country for free accomodation and travel. His brother Smith talked about how Owen used to get a mentally retarded gentleman from Regina, Saskatchewan to drive him and the boys hundreds of miles for free during the WWF Canadian tours in the 90s.

This at a time when Owen was earning 300k a year.

He may have tried to guise it under the cloak of ribbing but I don't find that behaviour to be any way amusing. More like the actions of a lowlife.

Advertisement