Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Some people have tested positive with no symptoms, must be something else he has.

Had accommodation booked for this and the Iron Maiden concerts, just waiting for it to be officially postponed before I cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

This site is generally on the ball for Rammstein related news. They are reporting that the Mayor in Ostend in Belgium has confirmed that the Rammstein concert there is being pushed back until 2021 and that he is aware that the organisers are rescheduling the whole tour:

https://www.msl24.de/promis/rammstein-coronavirus-covid-19-europa-tour-till-lindemann-deutschland-lebensgefahr-berlin-2021-13591488.html

The Belgian article that they are referencing is here:
    https://hetostendsnieuws.be/evenementen/rammstein-officieel-uitgesteld-tot-2021/

Not looking good, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

As long as it does go ahead in 2021 it's not too bad considering what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Aarhus and Klagenfurt have been cancelled as well, not by the band but a government decision.

Tourist office confirmed to me that the Ostend date is indeed cancelled and they are looking to reschedule, a shame as I love going to concerts in Belgium but also totally understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Announcement on the Rammstein Facebook page today:
    Covid-19 // Rammstein Shows 2020

Recently, several international governments have extended their bans on large-scale events. Also affected, unfortunately, are some of the dates for the 2020 Rammstein Tour.

We are working on a solution for this difficult situation together with our partners in all the affected countries, and we hope for the understanding of those who have purchased tickets for the coming shows.

As soon as we have precise and definitive information, we will communicate this immediately.

Until then we ask for your understanding and patience, and we would also please request that you refrain for the time being from addressing further questions to the local event organizers, the band management, or the ticketsystems. An update will follow as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The tour is officially cancelled now, but still no news on rescheduled dates. Have heard nothing from Ticketmaster yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The tour is officially cancelled now, but still no news on rescheduled dates. Have heard nothing from Ticketmaster yet either.

Just received my email from TM to say it is being rescheduled. 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

A reschedule is better at least then outright cancellation. Its a pity was really looking forward to this :(
    Trying to decide will I keep hotel and go up for the couple days still or will that be possible or will anything be open! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 zompea

Gutted, but at the same time relieved. Was getting concerned that UK and Irish policy would clash.

Gavman84 wrote: »
    A reschedule is better at least then outright cancellation. Its a pity was really looking forward to this :(
    Trying to decide will I keep hotel and go up for the couple days still or will that be possible or will anything be open! :confused:

Agreed but because it's stadium tour it will have to be next summer, we're not talking about kick starting the tour in August as restrictions lift.

• Advertisement

The official comms

"Due to local event restrictions related to COVID-19, which now affect almost all planned dates, the band's 2020 stadium tour can unfortunately not take place.

We are currently checking whether it is possible to reschedule the dates and will communicate any updates as soon as possible!

All tickets will remain valid until then.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience."

zompea wrote: »
    The official comms

"Due to local event restrictions related to COVID-19, which now affect almost all planned dates, the band's 2020 stadium tour can unfortunately not take place.

We are currently checking whether it is possible to reschedule the dates and will communicate any updates as soon as possible!

All tickets will remain valid until then.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience."

Would suggest it's not set in stone the tour goes ahead at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Gavman84 wrote: »

I booked non refundable so I won't be letting that waste, assuming NI is reopened.
    Currently the hotel states its reopening on the 17th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

I have a feeling they may not reschedule Belfast. It was one of the only shows not to have sold out so they may be financially better off not to run it...

I have a feeling they may not reschedule Belfast. It was one of the only shows not to have sold out so they may be financially better off not to run it...

I was hoping they would use the opportunity to move it to Dublin, I know alot of friends who would go if it was in Dublin but aren't keen spending £100+ before expenses like accommodation are considered.

But AFAIK the Aviva was booked already for a uefa tournament, which itself has been postponed for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes ,thats a strong possibility.
    Alot of people bought tickets in England for Belfast thinking it would be the only gig in the UK and Ireland due to the way it was announced.
    If its rescheduled ,these people will seek refunds and go to either Coventry or Cardiff.
    It was a very strange choice of venue ,Belfast is a very weak market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Yes ,thats a strong possibility.
    Alot of people bought tickets in England for Belfast thinking it would be the only gig in the UK and Ireland due to the way it was announced.
    If its rescheduled ,these people will seek refunds and go to either Coventry or Cardiff.
    It was a very strange choice of venue ,Belfast is a very weak market.

Belfast is just not desirable travel wise for me (and i imagine alot of other people here). Would be in Dublin for this in a heartbeat.

I was hoping they would use the opportunity to move it to Dublin, I know alot of friends who would go if it was in Dublin but aren't keen spending £100+ before expenses like accommodation are considered.

But AFAIK the Aviva was booked already for a uefa tournament, which itself has been postponed for 12 months.

As much as I love them, I couldn't see them selling out a stadium in Ireland. Would I be right in saying they didn't sell out when they played the Three Arena?

If you are keen, I would highly recommend travelling to see them. I saw them in Berlin and Copenhagen and had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As much as I love them, I couldn't see them selling out a stadium in Ireland. Would I be right in saying they didn't sell out when they played the Three Arena?

If you are keen, I would highly recommend travelling to see them. I saw them in Berlin and Copenhagen and had a great time.

The gig was indeed a sellout.

I do agree about seeing them outside the country though, I have seen them in Iceland and Luxembourg before.

Xenji wrote: »
    The gig was indeed a sellout.

I do agree about seeing them outside the country though, I have seen them in Iceland and Luxembourg before.

Ah ok. I stand corrected. I was raging I missed them as I was out of the country.

• Advertisement

Have done before, but I wouldn't be keen to travel and then be stuck miles from the stage in a stadium.
    Capacity of 3arena is 13,000, aviva says 65000 for concerts (probably a little less because of the size of their stage) and after much digging I found a page that lists Boucher concert capacity at 80000.

Unfortunately this doesn't make what may happen next year any clearer.

Capacity of 3arena is 13,000, aviva says 65000 for concerts (probably a little less because of the size of their stage) and after much digging I found a page that lists Boucher concert capacity at 80000.

Unfortunately this doesn't make what may happen next year any clearer.

They would have drawn a good crowd to the RDS I'd say ,maybe 30,000 ,that was the obvious venue for them.
    30k was probably what Aiken was aiming for in Belfast too ,its just a big field.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads, don't air your opinions about Belfast not being a great venue in the "Rammstein Belfast" thread. You'll be slaughtered for having an opinion :pac:

They would have drawn a good crowd to the RDS I'd say ,maybe 30,000 ,that was the obvious venue for them.
    30k was probably what Aiken was aiming for in Belfast too ,its just a big field.

I can't believe that aiken would book an 80k venue with the expectation of only 30k turning up.

I can't believe that aiken would book an 80k venue with the expectation of only 30k turning up.

It doesnt hold 80K.
    Ed Sheeran sold 40K tickets there 2 years ago ,it was sold out.

It doesnt hold 80K.
    Ed Sheeran sold 40K tickets there 2 years ago ,it was sold out.

I can't find the capacity on any official sites, this is all I could find...
    https://www.musewiki.org/Belfast_Boucher_Playing_Fields_2017_(gig)
    Not ideal I know.

I can't find the capacity on any official sites, this is all I could find...
    https://www.musewiki.org/Belfast_Boucher_Playing_Fields_2017_(gig)
    Not ideal I know.

Here is an article on that same gig
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/belfast-vital-numbers-final-preparations-underway-for-muse-and-tiesto-gigs-36053347.html

60,000 people expected over both days ,Muse and DJ Tiesto ,so the capacity of 40K seems right .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think 40,000 at a Rammstein gig anywhere on the island is a big ask. I'd love to know how many tickets were sold for Belfast, I'd say nowhere near that amount. I too would be worried they'll decide it's not worth their while on any rescheduled tour.

Here is an article on that same gig
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/belfast-vital-numbers-final-preparations-underway-for-muse-and-tiesto-gigs-36053347.html

60,000 people expected over both days ,Muse and DJ Tiesto ,so the capacity of 40K seems right .

I'll go with that.
    Seems less than ideal for Rammstein in comparison to the capacity of other stadiums, as they have to ship everything overseas. Do they take the hit or just pass the cost on to us?
    Tbh, I would be happier with a smaller indoor show. They could do 3arena again and odyssey as well. Two shows with a fraction of the production costs.

• Advertisement

I'll go with that.
    Seems less than ideal for Rammstein in comparison to the capacity of other stadiums, as they have to ship everything overseas. Do they take the hit or just pass the cost on to us?
    Tbh, I would be happier with a smaller indoor show. They could do 3arena again and odyssey as well. Two shows with a fraction of the production costs.

40K is similar to most of the venues they are playing .
    Milton Keynes only holds 30K ,Coventry would be similar.
    They are in Cardiff 3 days before Belfast so its not that far a journey ,they just take the ferry .

The promoter usually pays them an agreed fee and its up to him to make a profit on the event.
    Due to the Corona Virus promoters have been looking to renegotiate deals though.

Advertisement