Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yes, crappiest, most generic of the crappy tickets

It's actually obscene they have the cheek to issue those excuses for tickets with all the fees they charge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Saw them in Prague on Tuesday, brilliant concert. I was a huge fan years ago but I haven't listened to much since Rosenrot and this was my first time seeing them live so I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the newer songs fit in with the oldies.

Is it normally the case that no one moshes or crowd surfs at Rammstein concerts? That was a surprise but I suppose maybe everyone was too busy watching..

What was also surprising was to see them make what looked like a big political statement by having Till hold up a big welcome sign while the rest of the band traveled across the crowd by dinghy. Especially considering the amount of fans outside with borderline german nationalist/nazi imagery ( you can never tell how satirical or ironic it is with the fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

damn, hope the eventIM ones are the proper design.

They arrived today, yup, they're proper design! Just have to keep them safe for a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Cool_CM wrote: »
    They arrived today, yup, they're proper design! Just have to keep them safe for a year!

Did you buy through the LIFAD presale? I've not received mine yet and contacted Eventim who said I would be updated on date of despatch but haven't heard anything from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Is it normally the case that no one moshes or crowd surfs at Rammstein concerts? That was a surprise but I suppose maybe everyone was too busy watching..

It may be a Czech thing. Saw Disturbed there a few weeks ago and most people seemed to just take it in. Not too many even headbanging from my vantage point.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    It may be a Czech thing. Saw Disturbed there a few weeks ago and most people seemed to just take it in. Not too many even headbanging from my vantage point.

No moshing in Denmark or Berlin. My take was that the crowd is a bit older now so they just aren't bothered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Good bit of moshing up near the front at Milton Keynes, there was a pit behind me for a good few songs, not really one for them myself so tend to steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Cool_CM wrote: »

That is actually so annoying that Ticketmaster do not have the proper design :mad:

No sign of mine yet. I was in the lifad presale. ...

No sign of mine yet. I was in the lifad presale. ...

Same.

I contacted EventIM and got the following reply:

Hi,

For this event we do not supply the tickets ourselves, the venue does. This means that the tickets will likely go out closer to the date, once the venue has sent their batches of tickets to us.

Once these have been sent to our office, they will be processed and then sent out to you.

We’ll pop you over an email once they’re in the post or with the courier, so you can keep an eye out for them.

We always try our best to make sure the tickets get to you quickly and safely but if they haven’t arrived by 5 days before the event, please drop us a line so we can make sure it’ll all be alright on the night!

Please note, the venue will not accept a request of this kind until this time.

• Advertisement

Same.

I contacted EventIM and got the following reply:

Hi,

For this event we do not supply the tickets ourselves, the venue does. This means that the tickets will likely go out closer to the date, once the venue has sent their batches of tickets to us.

Once these have been sent to our office, they will be processed and then sent out to you.

We’ll pop you over an email once they’re in the post or with the courier, so you can keep an eye out for them.

We always try our best to make sure the tickets get to you quickly and safely but if they haven’t arrived by 5 days before the event, please drop us a line so we can make sure it’ll all be alright on the night!

Please note, the venue will not accept a request of this kind until this time.

Thanks for that. Jeez, what a convoluted process!

Thanks for that. Jeez, what a convoluted process!

Incredibly so. no tickets 5 days before the gig? I'd be sh!tting myself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Another UK stadium show is to be announced soon

Could be in Wales?

67395806_10157052940677713_5871324102991544320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeFfsFp_ErYlPIiVZfirnR1zkxn2DsAgLJc7-uHrm6sy1f18k-3TJECdsH23JtNMExUp934Kz0dgtMa9CSklEgSEM16CeEDoOR7fz10e7jExkw&_nc_oc=AQlmaYQo04WyWKyjBMNO58-IRKFb_0sMBoCNvSJSasg6tjPlWDE8lh92ePDO6hZdf_I&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dd62c2fb9e5afe1287291114f578b2df&oe=5DEC1D2C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Another UK stadium show is to be announced soon

Could be in Wales?

[/IMG]

Thats the Millenium stadium in Cardiff.
    Seems a bit too big for them and a bit off the beaten track.

Bit naughty what they are doing ,announcing concerts in Belfast ,then Coventry and Cardiff whilst holding back the obvious London concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Bit naughty what they are doing ,announcing concerts in Belfast ,then Coventry and Cardiff whilst holding back the obvious London concert.

Not really, just good business, trying to maximise ticket sales.

I already have my Belfast ticket, but {WHEN} they announce dates in Dublin, Cork and/or some random field in Leitrim I'll be at all of them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Not really, just good business, trying to maximise ticket sales.

I already have my Belfast ticket, but {WHEN} they announce dates in Dublin, Cork and/or some random field in Leitrim I'll be at all of them! :)

It's terrible business, especially drip feeding the announcements.
    What if a lot of UK fans have bought tickets/rooms in Belfast presuming it was the only UK show and then one gets announced in their own city.
    Not everyone will be able to go to both

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There was no chance I was going to Belfast to see them, so going to Ostend instead but if they did announce a show in London and not one that was actually 50 miles outside London and in a different county, I would be going to that show as well.

I do not think it is a good practice as 10 dates are still not sold out and two of those happen to be Belfast and Coventry currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

It's terrible business, especially drip feeding the announcements.
    What if a lot of UK fans have bought tickets/rooms in Belfast presuming it was the only UK show and then one gets announced in their own city.
    Not everyone will be able to go to both[/QUOTE

To be fair even when the first run of shows were announced it was on the Rammstein site that more UK dates were on the way.

I'm not trying to defend promoters or anything but it is a bit more complex than just holding back information. As you've seen when there have been sellouts on the European shows extra dates were added in the same stadium the night after.

So ticket sales do determine if and when extra shows are added and of course there's the complex issue of tour routing , venue availability and logistics. It's a big set they are moving around and I don't think they are at the same level as Metallica who can afford 3 identical stages leapfrogging around the continent.

To be fair even when the first run of shows were announced it was on the Rammstein site that more UK dates were on the way.

I'm not trying to defend promoters or anything but it is a bit more complex than just holding back information. As you've seen when there have been sellouts on the European shows extra dates were added in the same stadium the night after.

So ticket sales do determine if and when extra shows are added and of course there's the complex issue of tour routing , venue availability and logistics. It's a big set they are moving around and I don't think they are at the same level as Metallica who can afford 3 identical stages leapfrogging around the continent.

I think we're in agreement about the logistics, it's all very complex, but it won't help ticket sales announcing shows in this format.
    'more UK shows to follow' is too vague. I wonder how many Welsh fans bought tickets for Coventry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rammstein
    Off to the land of the dragons! Rammstein now announce the next UK date for the Europe Stadium Tour 2020.

14.06.2020: Cardiff – Principality Stadium
    Ticket pre-sale starts on Wednesday, July 31 at 10 BST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Rammstein

Its actually general sale Wednesday it seems.

People who bought tickets for Coventry can change for Cardiff if they wish
    If you have already booked tickets for the Coventry date at Ricoh Arena on Saturday 20th June 2020, the artist would like to offer the chance to exchange tickets to the Cardiff date for those who find this location more convenient. Please contact your point of purchase to confirm the exchange. The cut-off date for all exchange requests will be Friday 9th August 2019.

Fair enough .
    I still think it will be a hard sell for Rammstein ,its too big a stadium and Cardiff is a weak market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Probably eluding some of their market by putting it on the same weekend as Download festival so I guess it made sense to announce the midlands date first.

The option to switch tickets is a nice touch, but it is going to be hard for them to sell a combined 115k tickets for the two dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Give me a choice between going to the Arms Park for Rammstein or Download and Cardiff wins every fcukin time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Got my Feuerzone for Cardiff! 2 concerts in 4 days next June. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lallydonal

I saw Rammstein in St Petersburg on Friday.
    WOW! It was one hell of a gig, they never checked for our tickets into the Feuerzone so me and my GF were able to sneak in.

XOVUGys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Myself and the missus are heading home from Vienna after seeing them on Thursday. We were a little disappointed by the whole thing to be honest.

I'm 6ft4 and could happily make out the stage and what was going on until about half way through when the vast majority of people put their phones up and were consistently recording. They created a near impenetrable barrier of phones so you could see nothing.

Thankfully we have tickets for Belfast , here's hoping it's better.

D3V!L wrote: »
    here's hoping it's better.

I'd say it'll be the same.

Unfortunately a lot of people just go for the spectacle and not for the band, I remember Hellfest being the best time seeing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

In Oslo, I had two guys in front of me who prob spent more than half the show filming. I'm not even sure they knew more than 2 songs:rolleyes:

All for Instagram no doubt.

Advertisement