Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail on 14%

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Nail on the head there, there has been a sizeable shift in the last decade as to how the public sees SF. It began back at the 2011 Presidential election when many non-SF voters voted for Martin McGuinness. Gerry Adams finally retiring was another catalyst as it broke with the past and then the most recent election was yet more evidence- SF outpolled FG and FF in every single age category from 18 to 65. At the start of the last decade nobody would have predicted SF ever being in government, at the beginning of this one everyone reaslises its only a matter of time. Thats quite a shift in the space of 10 years.

The only people who are not getting this new reality are the ardent FG party hacks, many of whom are themost vocal on here. They're the type of people who check under the bed for Provos before they got to sleep at night but are really just a noisy minority now. I'd argue that if you asked most FG voters if they were against coalition with SF most wouldnt be bothered and would be pragmatic and say just get on with it.

Maybe true, but Mary Lou dodging the “up da Ra” comment, Violet Anne abusing people on Facebook etc just tell everyone what SF are still like.

The abuse fired around Facebook and other social media platform by what seem to be SF sponsored group is similar to the carry on of Gemma and co

Trying to paint SF as having a new political regime while all of the above plus plenty more doesn’t really wash with a lot of people, yes some will see the 100+ posts under anything released by FF and not realise it the same people....but loads see it....

SF had one good election, so trying to say they have increased from 2011 is not true, the local election they done terrible. It will be interesting to see if these tactics continue to win people over or will more and more see through it

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I think if FF & FG take the poison pill of the greens it will almost certainly see one of them almost obliterated in the next election.

Luckily it will wipe out the greens too.

You'll have to hold onto your hatred for a while longer mate. The only thing that's going to make the greens disappear is climate action.
    When it's finally done, they might disband. But they're not like the rest of the parties. They have a common goal that unites them.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

blinding wrote: »
    The Republic of Ireland will do as ordered by the Eu. The Eu only has to threaten Ireland about its membership of the Eu and the Irish quisling politicians will immediately do as ordered. Sovereignty Sold.

Wow, it's very early to see this type of garbage talk. It's like right out of trumps Bigly book of politics.
    The EU cannot kick out any member state. It's one of the foundation principles.

The Republic of Ireland will do as ordered by the Eu. The Eu only has to threaten Ireland about its membership of the Eu and the Irish quisling politicians will immediately do as ordered. Sovereignty Sold.

You even see some of the TDs squirm in their seats as they realise what the FF Traitor is saying.

The Ffg selling of Irish sovereignty did not work out to well for them at the last General Election. Perhaps the Irish people are waking up as they did after the Executions of the Easter Rising Leaders in 1916. Eventually Irish people Wake Up ! Thankfully.

So tell us what are you going to do? To wake us up?

Start an anonymous twitter account and post pictures of sheep? Hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Triangle wrote: »
    You'll have to hold onto your hatred for a while longer mate. The only thing that's going to make the greens disappear is climate action.
    When it's finally done, they might disband. But they're not like the rest of the parties. They have a common goal that unites them.

Unites and Greens seem strange words to use together given the different ways the party is pulling in at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Triangle wrote: »
    Wow, it's very early to see this type of garbage talk. It's like right out of trumps Bigly book of politics.
    The EU cannot kick out any member state. It's one of the foundation principles.
    Empires rarely kick any one out especially when they control them. As they have bought and paid for the Irish political establishment why would they kick out an area that they control.:eek:

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So tell us what are you going to do? To wake us up?

Start an anonymous twitter account and post pictures of sheep? Hahahahaha
    Have you been neglecting you Sheep Fetish during Lockdown ?:eek:

Have you been neglecting you Sheep Fetish during Lockdown ?:eek:

So in other words that what you will do, hahahahaha

Some 1916 person you are

Empires rarely kick any one out especially when they control them. As they have bought and paid for the Irish political establishment why would they kick out an area that they control.:eek:

They didn’t have to pay

Happy to keep them, EU brings jobs along with thousands of other benefits. Even for the wasters on the social get more each month because of all the people working, you should be thanking the EU each month when you get your social cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So there's reports of internal strife and division from within both the FF and The Green party's about formally entering a coalition with FG, with the greens specifically voicing concerns about FG, and some within FF want to deal with Neither of the other pair.

I expressed my doubts about it ever getting off the ground to begin with, and am still not convinced, going by reports this morning Catherine Martin seems to be leading the charge against Eamon Ryan wanting to become a minister more than anything else, it will be interesting to see what levels of support she has from others in the party.

There's also talk of severe resentment from many within FF that Michaél is selling out the party just so he can get his backside into the Taoiseach chair regardless of how long he can sit in it, and what a formal coalition deal with FG will mean for the party in the long term, this poll will certainly not ease their concerns.

Won't be surprised if we seen both new green party and FF party leaders later in 2020.

• Advertisement

^^^

How many times now McMurphy have you posted about this internal strife? :-)

You seem to have internal knowledge that nobody else has, even the parties themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

^^^

You seem to have internal knowledge that nobody else has, even the parties themselves.

Panic is setting in with the perma whingers, Shef. Things aren't going exactly to plan with them.

^^^

Try reading a newspaper shef, although mind you the last time we discussed the greens (complete with the article linked to, you clearly only read the first few paragraphs) you tried to claim it was clickbait that didn't mention any TDs, despite it mentioning several of them.

And a senator.

And a spokesperson from the Young Green Party. :P

Maybe you will read the articles in full today before making the same boo-boo?

Here we go from this morning's Examiner.

Examiner
    But severe tensions are showing within Micheál Martin’s party about what impact a new coalition involving the Greens would mean for their grassroots.

The video conference meeting, held on Friday afternoon as the government announced the roadmap to exit from Covid-19 restrictions, was dominated by concerns by TDs and Senators that the Greens are seeking to “take the lifestyle” of rural farmers.

Niall Collins, TD for Limerick, was among a number of TDs who voiced concern about the compatibility of his party with the Greens.

Addressing his party leader, Mr Collins singled out Mr Ryan and his laying down the 7% carbon emission reduction as a “red-line” for entering government.

“I don’t expect you to start engaging in rhetoric in the way Eamon Ryan made an idiot of himself last week talking about red lines,” Mr Collins said.

Citing the Shannon LNG power plant project, he called on his leader to “stop being halfway behind the door” and come out in support of it. The Green Party is opposed to the project going ahead. At this point, Galway TD Eamon O Cuiv voiced similar concerns about the Green Party’s opposition to the planned by-pass of Galway City.

“We have the same problem with the by-pass in Galway,” said Eamon O Cuiv. “It is clear from what the Greens are saying, they are putting the boot in and many people are very unhappy about it,” he said.

Kerry TD Norma Foley told her colleagues that “there is a growing anxiety as to what it would mean in terms of going in with the Greens”.

“I come from a rural constituency, what will the impact be on rural Ireland if we do a deal with the Greens. I heard Catherine Martin on radio and there was a reluctance to spell out exactly what the impact is on rural Ireland,” she said.

Ned O’Sullivan, the Kerry-based Senator said the “fundamentalist Greens do pose a threat to what we call normal life in rural Ireland.”

“The reaction to the Greens list is very strong in Kerry. I was surprised the lack of hostility to going in with “the old enemy” but in rural Ireland the concept of dealing with the greens is causing far more concern and is seen as “not the optimal choice.”

There is a worry in the farming community that the Greens are going to take their lifestyle,” he said.

Kilkenny TD John McGuinness and Senator Fiona O’Loughlin expressed concern that Fine Gael, citing Simon Coveney’s rebuff of the Greens in the Irish Examiner, as a means of orchestrating a second election.

The possibility of a snap autumn election was raised by junior Fine Gael ministers, several of whom are opposed to Green Party demands to cut emissions by 7% as part of any coalition deal.

At the meeting, Mr Martin rejected strong criticism of his failure to communicate effectively enough the party’s red lines. “I don’t accept that, don’t accept that at all,” he said.

Speaking to the Irish Examiner yesterday, Mr Martin said he supports the Green demands for a 7% cut in emissions.

“I think we are all in favour of climate change. We are all in favour of the targets set by the European Union and United Nations.

“It can be done and it can be reconciled to our commitment to food security and agriculture. The two are not necessarily exclusive at all.

Asked then was the Green 7% target achievable, Mr Martin answered: “Yes, I am committed to achieving that. I do think we have to accept that the measures to achieve that have to be gone through. But we have to commit to that target.”

Catherine Martin being unhappy from this morning's Independent.

Greens to enter talks with FF and FG - but deputy leader votes against it
    However, it has emerged Mr Ryan's deputy leader was among a group of Green TDs who voiced objections to the move and voted against the proposal during a teleconference call yesterday.

Last week, Ms Martin was highly critical of comments by Tánaiste Simon Coveney, who said he would not agree to a 7pc per year cut in carbon emissions if it impacted negatively on rural Ireland.

If there's anything else I can help you with this morning, please don't hesitate to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,247 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

^^^

Don't you read the news? It's not as if it is being reported in obscure journals...here's the National Broadcaster reporting on it

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0504/1136387-unease-among-young-greens-over-government-talks/
    Here is just a sample of some of the reporting on various nervousness and strife from other primary news outlets:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0504/1136387-unease-among-young-greens-over-government-talks/
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/first-cracks-in-fffg-deal-as-mayo-councillors-oppose-move-39126835.html
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/fianna-f%C3%A1il-grassroots-group-organises-to-oppose-fine-gael-coalition-1.4195354

They didn’t have to pay

Happy to keep them, EU brings jobs along with thousands of other benefits. Even for the wasters on the social get more each month because of all the people working, you should be thanking the EU each month when you get your social cheque
    Are you one of the Eu Migrant workers in Brussels ?

Better than the Keelings Migrant Workers !

Well looked after out there ! ! !

mattser wrote: »
    Panic is setting in with the perma whingers, Shef. Things aren't going exactly to plan with them.

Certainly seems that way.....I think the politician have come together and realized the last thing Ireland needs is another election....like all good polticians they will negotiate and come to an agreement which will hopefully see a government formed so we can get back to the business of putting it all back together after the virus

Good on them....hopefully sooner rather than later

The FF/FG/Greens is the CHANGE that we need :p:p:p:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

McMurphy wrote: »

If there's anything else I can help you with this morning, please don't hesitate to ask.

Yes you could stop using the organised position loud haling common in newspapers during negotiations as anything other than what it is, all part of the craic,not the whole of the craic

If he doesn't know about it - then it isn't happening.

Jesus H Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I voted for fine gael in the election but if there was another one tomorrow, i would vote fianna fail. not happy at the way Leo came across in his speeches, too negative and showed little hope especially in the one on paddys day. the latest one he was smirking the whole way through it.

Ahh it's cute when you post to one of you and the other responds

• Advertisement

Are you one of the Eu Migrant workers in Brussels ?

Better than the Keelings Migrant Workers !

Well looked after out there ! ! !

:P:P:P

I didn't see you mention not been on the socail :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭This is it

I don't support their views but surely you can do better than this?

Claims I'm privy to certain private internal party information, gets provided with links to this morning's newspapers containing the very same private information, comes back with this.

He's on a roll.

This is it wrote: »
    I don't support their views but surely you can do better than this?

Francie and McMurphy are two of a kind. This is not the first and wont be the last you post to one and the other replies.....

Better to ignore or you will get dragged down the rabbit hole :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭This is it

Francie and McMurphy are two of a kind. This is not the first and wont be the last you post to one and the other replies.....

Why engage and then run away when provided with requested information?

Doesn't bother me to be honest, looks silly though.

:P:P:P

I didn't see you mention not been on the socail :eek:
    The big money is in working for the Russians;)

Maybe if you were not in such a hurry , you might learn to spell social;)

I see The Migrant Workers in Brussels do alright. Tis funny how the Eu does not worry so much about all the other Migrant Workers around the Eu ;););)

Well shagging put me on ignore so, it would be less idiotic than following me from thread to thread having to get your ass handed to you.

The ignore function - when you run out of comeback is always a handy rock to hide under though.

This is it wrote: »
    Why engage and then run away when provided with requested information?

Doesn't bother me to be honest, looks silly though.

McMurphy now for 3-4 weeks is posting the same thing, across all thread in here about some rift in this party or that party or the other.....It was a joke! you seemed to have missed that part

If you want to see what Francie and McMurphy will respond to if you engage, I am sure they have posted the same things on the Greens, FG, SF and every other thread on here

Have a look if you dont believe me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I voted for fine gael in the election but if there was another one tomorrow, i would vote fianna fail. not happy at the way Leo came across in his speeches, too negative and showed little hope especially in the one on paddys day. the latest one he was smirking the whole way through it.

You vote based on speeches?

I vote based on actions - and results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

pgj2015 wrote: »

Completely agree especially the one on St Patrick's Day. I can't understand why he could not have had a fireworks display and a light show akin to New Year's Eve as he closed the country down due to a worldwide pandemic.
    Way too negative and if he had used jazz hands when announcing it it would have given us some hope.

Advertisement