Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

• 27-04-2020 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All

Not sure if this is the right place but someone might know, I have 2 packages I'm waiting for that I believe will be coming via An Post,

One is from Australia and is over a month since it has been posted, tracking shows nothing since it supposedly left there at the start of April,

2nd is a long >1.5m package from Serbia that is 4 week since it was shipped and again hasn't updated since it left there,

I have been in touch with An Post and they just said they don't see them on the system,

How can I find out if the are actually here in Ireland just waiting to be processed, is there that much of a back log?

Thanks
    Post edited by whiterebel on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hello,

Sorry if this the wrong lace to ask the question but it is the most closely related section I can think of.

On Friday I posted a parcel in Dublin (for Limerick). An Post tracking says it was accepted at the Dublin Parcel Centre on the Ballymount Road just after 3pm on Friday. There is no more information since then.

How up-to-date is the An Post tracking system usually? Could I already be in Limerick or is the system very accurate and it won't leave Ballymount Road until the morning (meaning a Tuesday delivery)?

Regards
    Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It will arrive on Sunday evening/ night, scanned in,scanned out for delivery Mon morning, my educated guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

It will arrive on Sunday evening/ night, scanned in,scanned out for delivery Mon morning, my educated guess.

Thank you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

eiei0 wrote: »
    Hi All

Not sure if this is the right place but someone might know, I have 2 packages I'm waiting for that I believe will be coming via An Post,

One is from Australia and is over a month since it has been posted, tracking shows nothing since it supposedly left there at the start of April,

2nd is a long >1.5m package from Serbia that is 4 week since it was shipped and again hasn't updated since it left there,

I have been in touch with An Post and they just said they don't see them on the system,

How can I find out if the are actually here in Ireland just waiting to be processed, is there that much of a back log?

Thanks

Yes, there is a backlog. I was wisting 3 weeks for an item I ordered kfd Amazon. Just got it last Friday. It was sitting in Dublin on the tracking for ages.

My friend said Parcel motel is much faster if you get it shipped to their northrend Ireland address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

An post are operating as normal, if they had your parcels, you'd have them in a day or two but delays are obviously happening overseas due to cancelled flights etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Long_Wave wrote: »
    An post are operating as normal, if they had your parcels, you'd have them in a day or two but delays are obviously happening overseas due to cancelled flights etc.

An Post can delay parcels from outside the EU, particularly China, for up to a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

The one from Serbia I'm sort of stuck for is there any way to actually find were it is??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Is national post operating as normal?

Had a bank card sent from my "home home" address to me on Friday but no sign of it yet.

They're usual on the button, so god knows what happened.

The one from Serbia I'm sort of stuck for is there any way to actually find were it is??

An Post aren't involved until it lands in Ireland, so you'd need to get in touch with the supplier and find out what international courier they're using. You should get a tracking number from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

We are using Amazon prime and getting stuff delivered by An post with 2 days of ordering

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

Ordered items from Galway to Dublin, only took one day to arrive. An Post I find are generally the most reliable.

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    Ordered items from Galway to Dublin, only took one day to arrive. An Post I find are generally the most reliable.

I may cancel that bank card so..

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I have a tracking number it left Serbia on the 6th and nothing since, contacted the supplier and they just said have patience, which is worn out now,
    GooglePlus wrote: »
    An Post aren't involved until it lands in Ireland, so you'd need to get in touch with the supplier and find out what international courier they're using. You should get a tracking number from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

I'm waiting on 2 items. One left Germany on 26th March but there's no sign of the tracking number turning up here. The other left lisbon on the 14th April and there's nothing been updated since. I actually went to my local An post collection office and was told that they're barely getting any registered items coming through the system. I've had unregistered post arrive from the UK and Germany though with no delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I posted a birthday card to my friend within same county earlier on in the month. It took 7 working days for her to get it. I was sure it had gone missing.
    My family member is a postman and said its busier than Christmas now

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SteW98

Hi All

Thanks

In the same boat, have a parcel coming from Australia, shipped out on the 30th of March and has not seen an update since then.

Have been in touch with AusPost who shipped it and they've advised up to 4 week delays on top of regular shipping time I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Waiting on a package from Norway since March 26th, Tracking no. says it has left Oslo only on April 22nd. Looks like I'll be waiting another while for delivery, but how does one know An Post actually have received it? Annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Smyths toy shop now stopping all online orders due to massive amount of complaints they are receiving due to an post delay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Is national post operating as normal?

Had a bank card sent from my "home home" address to me on Friday but no sign of it yet.

They're usual on the button, so god knows what happened.

If they didn't put new stamp on it to re direct it to your current address then it was likely returned to sender for no postage

An Post will take the items but not scan them into their system so they can be waiting around "in limbo" in a warehouse somewhere.

it's a passive aggressive policy that is highly annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Waiting on a package from Norway since March 26th, Tracking no. says it has left Oslo only on April 22nd. Looks like I'll be waiting another while for delivery, but how does one know An Post actually have received it? Annoying to say the least.

I have one from the US, that I'm waiting since March. USPS say it left Chicago on March 22nd.

Other parcels arrive no bother. It really is down to which post org it originated with and where it hits An Post.

An Post usually delivers within 24 hours of the parcel showing up on their tracking. And I'm getting parcels nearly every day.

DPD is much worse. They have been sitting on a parcel of mine for a week now in a depot only 20km from my home. Rang them 3 times. Waiting times of up to 2 hours to speak to somebody and all you get is excuses.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Mail and parcels are delayed overseas. Nothing from or to Australia since the virus hit Australia. Parcels only being sent to U.S.A, U.K and 6 or 7 E.U countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pick a retailer outside EU, order two items one to PM and one direct. Watch RM destroy AP by weeks.

Small packet mail is a loss to AP so they do everything in their power to discourage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

Smyths toy shop now stopping all online orders due to massive amount of complaints they are receiving due to an post delay

That’s kind of a weird thing to do in the present circumstances, given it’s the only way of doing business.

I’ve had absolutely no issues with national post from either the An Post or the courriers.

Amazon packages are are also arriving very promptly from the U.K.

I’ve ordered a good few items (way more than I normally would) from Irish retailers and much of that had gone by An Post or Fastway and I’ve had no issues at all.

National mail seems to be working fine too for letters. No issues.

I’ve had items arrive from China too in reasonable time.

One item from the US hasn’t arrived at all.

I sent an item to Spain though with some paperwork to a university colleague and it took almost 6 weeks, but the delay was beyond Ireland.

It’s all a bit unpredictable but I wouldn’t think the delays are in Ireland tbh.

It wouldn’t make any sense for An Post to delay inbound packages for example.

There could possibly have been some glitches as they were implementing social distancing protocols in sorting centres but, when you consider that most of the work they do doesn’t involve close contact anyway, I can’t see how it was that challenging.

I’m sure Customs were able to adapt their work too. Very little of it would involve working in close quarters with others. They may have had to rearrange offices, obtain PPE and so on though which may have taken a bit of time.

An Post personally sent me this email a couple of years ago in reply to a query which basically says that their target is 3 to 4 weeks after it arrives to Ireland for delivering stuff from China

BsPz4Ke.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ED E wrote: »
    Pick a retailer outside EU, order two items one to PM and one direct. Watch RM destroy AP by weeks.

Small packet mail is a loss to AP so they do everything in their power to discourage it.

I've a parcel sitting with RM in LANGLEY HWDC since 20th April. Just about to cancel it now, as Amazon suggested.

glasso wrote: »
    An Post personally sent me this email a couple of years ago in reply to a query which basically says that their target is 3 to 4 weeks after it arrives to Ireland for delivering stuff from China

BsPz4Ke.png

Would you mind putting that up every couple of weeks, Glasso, its very handy.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

ED E wrote: »

Small packet mail from China is a loss for anyone which is why a new regime is coming in

https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/upu-postal-rate-change/564615/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whiterebel wrote: »
    I've a parcel sitting with RM in LANGLEY HWDC since 20th April. Just about to cancel it now, as Amazon suggested.

An exception, most of the time the UK reroute is a slamdunk.
    SPDUB wrote: »
    Small packet mail from China is a loss for anyone which is why a new regime is coming in

https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/upu-postal-rate-change/564615/

Glad they're fixing it, or semi fixing it. Wonder if itll be enough to get a reasonable SL out of AP for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I bought a tv from a shop in carlow mid April, from the tracking details it arrived in Dublin 12 sorting office the next day and is still there today, the worrying part is Dublin12 said it's now in Dublin15 sorting office and when contacted they said it's not here and when told what it was he said its definitely in Dublin12 and probably under a ton of boxes and to phone them again.

Advertisement