Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

• 10-03-2020 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

Got a "We attempted to deliver your item" from An Post yesterday.
    Was working from home waiting for them and just to be sure, I checked my security cameras. Nobody came to the door...

This is a package from Amazon and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday, I assume An Post has a contract with them and it's easy to enter a fake delivery attempt to keep the stats up...

Inquired online, chat wit a nice customer service person trying to get more info, he could not get an answer to his call to the local post office and send an email asking for more details.

Took the time to go to the local Post Office where I was feed BS by the guy saying they only leave a notice after the third attempt to deliver and a
    "Come back on Wednesday, if you do not get a notice"

Let's see if try to deliver today.
    Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I'm certain I had this last year with them but have no cameras to prove they never tried to deliver. There were people in the house that say no delivery was attempted.

I got onto the support and they gave the same excuse of three delivery attempts before leaving in a missed delivery docket for certain amazon deluveries.Their support did admit it was a crap system because there is no indication of which amazon deliveries this applies to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Happened to me today - a few times before as well. Presumed it was just christmas before
    Came onto boards to complain about it

It seems to be exclusively from amazon.

I presume they agree with amazon they will attempt delivery 3 times and then are not bothered or the driver wants to go home early

Pure lies from an post. Checked my camera(and sitting beside a window looking at the door thanks to this cornavirus)

Called them and they said it was at the the delivery office where you collect it and when i went up they said it was at the depo and people cant go there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Happened to me today. Two of us were in the house at the time of the so called "attempted delivery". Absolutely no-one called.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭RonanC

Happened me three separate times this past week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rvrangel

Happened to me too this week, I have 2 orders and they tried to fake deliver Fri, Sat and today. Been the whole time waiting and they did NOT try to deliver. My advice is to complain to Amazon that AnPost is not properly delivering your packages. If enough people complain, maybe they change their terms with AnPost, otherwise they might risk losing the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭AnRothar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,892 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

You talking about an online notification or a card in the letterbox?

Only ever had card in letterbox ones and then only for high value items that need a signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Got a text message last week asking me to pay €2 duty for a parcel, didn't click on the link as only delivery I had due was Amazon and i knew there would be no duty.

Parcel delivered by An Post as normal the next day without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Got a text message last week asking me to pay €2 duty for a parcel, didn't click on the link as only delivery I had due was Amazon and i knew there would be no duty.

Parcel delivered by An Post as normal the next day without issue.

That's a scam that is going around and has nothing to do with An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭JustAThought

SPDUB wrote: »
    That's a scam that is going around and has nothing to do with An Post

Created holy war over a parcel supposed to be delivered by An Post but which was not delivered but dumped in their depo down the country and a tracking note left online to pick it up there. Refused to take this nonsense and insisted the guy get back in his van and deliver it that day - duly done but under protest that the depo was shut, the computer wasn’t working, there were other customers to serve & that he had to go out after his shift was done to do it as a special job ladalada. Some of these gyys are just lazy ****ers who think they are employed to take the piss and make working lives even harder by their sheer laziness. Not the first time either. If we are in and you don’t bother driving up the bloody road to deliver it let alone knock then expect consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I got this text today, but thing is i am awaiting a parcel from them tomorrow. So i am worried that there is a live and ongoing data breach which where they are able to retrieve actual order information and my number.

Has anyone asked An Post about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Happened to me around Xmas time, camera setup so no chance they actually attempted. Made a complaint to Amazon, and followed up with it to the end. Received an apology from An Post and it hasn’t happened since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I've been at the other end of this at least twice i.e. sent a parcel via An Post to a business address in an industrial park in Dublin. This particular company trades Mon-Fri. An Post said they attempted delivery on Saturday in each case. BUT they didn't try again on Monday or Tuesday, the parcels were just returned to me a little more battered than when they went out.

So I had to post them again at my own expense. Of course I complained to An Post with all the details. Got a sort of 'we're investigating' to the first incident and no reply to the second. Followed it up and no reply. Basically they failed to fulfill their side of the delivery chain and completely ignore any complaints from the sender.

Whenever I hear McRedmond spouting on......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭SPDUB

lbj666 wrote: »
    I got this text today, but thing is i am awaiting a parcel from them tomorrow. So i am worried that there is a live and ongoing data breach which where they are able to retrieve actual order information and my number.

Has anyone asked An Post about this?

I personally know of at least one case where the person hadn't ordered anything currently so if there is a leak anywhere I would guess it is of emails addresses used in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Never. An Post are brilliant in my area, far better than any other companies.

Fastway Couriers on the other hand pull this crap on me all the time. Often 3-4 days in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Masala

There is a serious An Post email going around saying they tried to deliver a parcel and as yiu were not there to accept - they will try again but there is a €1 charge payable - and to 'click here' !!! Looks and sounds like official An Post email with good english and good quality logo. BEWARE... serious SCAM!!!

So- if u not expecting a package ... don't get sucked in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭horse7

I got one today,. We tried to deliver, same story there was no attempted delivery, it's happened before, but there's no comeback from an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mikeyb

Happened me last year. Got a message through the letterbox. Checked my doorbell camera - the guy didn't even have a parcel with him. Just pushed the notification through the door without attempting to knock or ring. Today (Sunday 2nd Jan) got a text message about an attempt to deliver but no video of anyone at the door at all today. Tried to complain before but this shower are completely useless and they don't even want to do their job. Last time I complained I was told 'It was probably raining too heavily and the guy didn't want to get wet' - this was not someone being cheeky, they said it with all honesty. That is the kind of worker you are dealing with here. I also did the old wait on the phone for half an hour, listen to someone pretending to care and promise to ring back and then... nothing. I try NEVER to use An Post if I can help it. Much better keeping to private companies. I used to complain about the government selling public services to private companies but I'm not so sure any more.

Just happened to me this morning with another parcel. They sent an SMS saying they tried to deliver at 11:20 am. Nothing on the doorbell, nobody at or near the door - nobody ringing the bell or knocking, apart from me last night closing up. Ah well, I might get my parcel some day. I'm about to click on the link in the SMS. Should be the start of a new adventure...

I suspect this is a way of saving money. Send everyone an SMS instead of delivering the parcels, hey presto, everyone has to pick up their parcels from the local depot. Fantastic, money saving idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 737ngpilot

It's a scam email. Don't click into it. If there's a failed attempt to deliver, a note will be left in your door. Just delete the email

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no emails involved here, read the thread again. It's about An Post making fake claims of delivery attempts that never happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭archfi

I've had this multiple times and I'm exhausted by it and the lies from An Post staff.

I live in an apartment complex and they will not fulfil their contract on anything over the size of a standard envelope and even then if it is registered/express signature post, it will not be delivered.

Excuses:

1. The intercom system isn't available - correct, but each apt has a door which can be knocked at. This is no different than delivery person walking up and down pathways into each individual house on a road plus there are lifts in every building to every floor.
    2. They're under no obligation to phone customer to say they are there (if parcel etc) - which is what every other courier company does and would be a simple solution for the customers who are paying for delivery
    3. We tried delivery you weren't there - no, you're lying.

I asked if the postman/woman actually brings the item with them while attempting delivery and was told yes 100%. This is a lie. The post never leaves the district sorting office but the pre-filled 'attempted' notes do. So, even if you get the note at 9am in the morning and you travel to sorting office rightaway they will not release the item as the lie needs to be kept up 'the delivery person won't be back till 2pm or 5pm'. The item never leaves the sorting office, they just can't release it because as I say, they employ a lie to begin with.

They do send a text to change delivery options to a local collection point (Spar in my instance) which worked once or twice but not for months (and I know very large items will never be redirected). 'Must be a glitch' I'm told.

I've complained to An Post HQ multiple times but nothing is ever resolved. I've contacted Amazon multiple times and nothing can be done I'm told because of the contract they have and it's automated. I cannot escape An Post as even any items which I pay DHL to deliver for example from abroad, inevitably end up with An Post once they hit Ireland - another 'contract' which An Post milk but never deliver.

Collecting from the local sorting office costs me approx 2 hours of my time and bus fares.

Every single other courier company, yse including Fastway (!), deliver the item I have paid delivery charges on.

I absolutely despise An Post.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chantal88

Hi folks

So this is the story:

Last Sunday I applied for a renewal of my passport online with the Online Passport Service from the DFA.

Everything went smooth and fast, Sunday evening applied, Monday status changed to Printing and at the end of the day it already said Dispatched with a nice tracking number from AN Post.

I live in Spain and it has to be sent here but how come it has not updated yet?

I was always used that the ANPost system would update it the same day once it passes a first scan.

Just these things like this make me nervous as its a very important document.

So now we are 4 days further and still impossible to to track it.

Since then as it's not possible to track my passport I have called First An Post who told me they did not get the passport yet as else it would have been scanned.

Then called DFA they say it must be An Post.

Waited again and today called again first An Post, they gave some story that it must be a back log in the Passport Service their mailroom.

And that they for sure won't have the passport yet else it would have been scanned.

Then called the DFA AGAIN!

Who say that the mailroom story is nothing he ever heard before?

Ok I understand it updated to dispatched on Monday evening, but as far as I can remember it should have been in the tracking system by now after 3 days.

It just makes me crazy nervous to know such a sensitive document is missing in action, and nobody can clarify nothing.

In the meantime my passport that I still have is now cancelled they told me at the DFA so im stuck here in Spain without a valid Passport.

For the curious folks here the tracking I was provided by the DFA on the Status page: RY221568035IE 

I have put the tracking number in any parcel tracking scanner there is and nothing!

but what makes me sick is just the way at the DFA and AnPost they really don't even bother with the issue that something as sensitive as this it missing and should have already been available in the system.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So simingly they tried to deliver my package on Friday just gone and I was out just typical. They used to leave a letter saying it would be in the local post office etc but nothing this time.

Raging.

Hoping it comes Monday and is not gone back where if came from. Is it possible to contact An Post about it at all?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭gipi

I missed an An Post delivery a few weeks ago on a Saturday morning. No note left, I only knew I'd missed it because it was an Amazon delivery and there was an update on the Amazon site.

The postman brought it back the following Monday with no prompting from me.

Could you get a phone number for your local delivery office?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

They attempt three deliveries. It'll come Monday

Ms

Thank you. I done a redelivery online on the An Post website just to be sure. Hopefully it comes Monday do. Could have done with it this weekend would have been nice. Its only health food anyway well if you can call chocolate health food :) lol not all chocolate do some cereal and good good in it

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• David McRedmond has brought back a lot of parcel business for an post since becoming CEO in 2017 but why on earth did they pretty much walk away from it back in the 00s?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm waiting on something from Amazon and they said "We tried to deliver your post" This was Thursday Morning at 7:28am, I work from home, and my home office is beside the door, and I was in at 6:30, I got onto their so called support and they said this (see images) - I called them out on their scam with Amazon to make it look like the customer wasn't home and it's not their fault!!.

Today again the same thing happened. - Again I'm working from home and they said at 10:06am "We tried to deliver your post"

Total joke they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

so the delivery person clicked the incorrect button on their handheld device - it happens sometimes.

btw - anpost now use gps and can very quickly see the EXACT location a delivery person scans a delivery. Hence they were able to quickly let you know it wasn't delivered as the gps most likely showed the depot.

I'm sure you never ever make an erro

Advertisement