Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any experience with 17hmr scope

Options
  • 25-04-2020 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the hawke vantage 4-16x50 with the 17hmr reticle?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yup, have two of them.

One on my 22lr and the other on a 223. I had one on a hmr when i owned them, too. Both my current ones are working perfectly. They have decent glass for the price, track perfectly, and have good selection of reticles for the type of shooting you're doing.

The HMR has essentially no recoil so there is no need for an overly expensive scope. Also as the effective range of the hmr is not that far the Hawk will work perfectly for the distances you intend to shoot it with. It why i have one on my 223. Its the semi auto so recoil is light, and because i use it for comps that are shot under 100 yards and my hunting with it is only to about 160 yards its perfect for the gun.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭chris20

Thanks for that Cass

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

chris20 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the hawke vantage 4-16x50 with the 17hmr reticle?

Cheers

I had one on my hmr, although I think it was a 4-16x44. I didn't get on with it, held zero and tracked ok but I found for me it had fussy eye relief and the reticle was just a bit cluttered. Also it used to white out almost at high mag in late afternoon sunshine. Mine had an IR reticle which was slightly blurred when past the first setting.
    The vantage is the low end of the hawke range and it is adequate for most needs and its not expensive so it won't break the bank. I have a vantage max on an air rifle and it's superb but the hmr scope I returned and replaced with a vortex Diamondback.

Advertisement