Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Initially I thought Kim was testing Jimmy to see if hadn’t learned his lesson in the desert and was seeing how easy he would go back to his old ways... I guess I was way off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great ending to a fantastic series. This show gets better and better each series.

Although these "top professional" assasins sent by Gus reminded me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ricero wrote: »
    Great ending to a fantastic series. This show gets better and better each series.

Although these "top professional" assasins sent by Gus reminded me of this

I'm in two minds about Gus hiring those donkeys; on the one hand it felt like an unrealistic plot contrivance designed to make Lalo look like The Terminator.

On the other hand, both Breaking Bad and BCS have indicated on multiple occasions that for all Gus' intelligence and planning, he can get out caught out badly. At heart he's a businessman who probably just got a **** referral here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

lalo will peel nacho like an onion but one thing im wondering

where was nacho supposed to go once the hired shooters entered the property ?

was he expected to wander the desert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Initially I thought Kim was testing Jimmy to see if hadn’t learned his lesson in the desert and was seeing how easy he would go back to his old ways... I guess I was way off...

I dunno, part of me still thinks/hopes that is exactly what she is doing. Although the manner she shrugged off the near death experience with Lalo suggests she might be losing the plot or having some sort of breakdown in slow motion. It just didn't sit right with me. I'll hold off until I see it pan out though.

Gus' hitmen were fvcking ridiculously bad though :D

The whole finale felt off for me. Maybe the large gaps between seasons have impacted how intune I am with it, and Kim's character. Still, cannot wait for the final season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

interesting ending, Gus said assembled best men for job lol.

its hard to guess the story, as given salamancas the twins id imagine would get involved and given nacho isnt much for some takeover it would be obvious that Gus was behind, but that doesn;t tie up in BB series :confused: since cant imagine lalo going alone on this.

Kim seems as said above just slow train wreck waiting to happen.

Oh well, quite few good episodes and seems this show could go on forever, but its like what another year to wait now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

scamalert wrote: »

Oh well, quite few good episodes and seems this show could go on forever, but its like what another year to wait now :(

2022 ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Finale was a total letdown imo after a brilliant series. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I was a bit disappointed with the ending. Kim's sudden change didn't really make sense and the hitmen being so poor didn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Noo wrote: »
    Oh Nacho

He made FarCry 3 memorable. It's worth playing for his performance as an antagonist alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭cozar

I thought Lalo was the one who rang nacho to test him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

zuutroy wrote: »
    Finale was a total letdown imo after a brilliant series. Very disappointed.

Agree with this. Lalo aside, it was very anticlimactic after last week.

Once again I just couldn't care less about Jimmy and Kim's drama and will she "break bad". The character has definitely had some great moments this season (last week in particular), but I've never found her particularly interesting or even likeable (controversial I know as many here seem ready to canonise her).

It was another case of the supposed "B story" being the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

What a season that was, great TV. Lalo will be on a rampage in season 6, fantastic character.

This scene from BB may make a bit more sense now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That is interesting to watch. It tells us:
    1) Nacho may still be allve by the time BB starts, though Saul could just not know if something happened to him.

2) Gus must’ve successfully spun the hit as organised by Nacho, if that’s the story they were told to put out, and Saul is sticking to script there because now we know he knows Mike was involved and doesn’t sell him out. Which ties in with last week’s conclusion too about him being able to keep a lie going with a gun effectively to his head.

3) Lalo must actually leave Jimmy and Kim alone if Saul’s instinct is that that was his revenge. So whatever happens Kim will be a result of how the Howard revenge plan goes and not at the hands of Lalo, killing every theory this thread had just last week.

Not bad work for Gilligan and co considering that was probably a throwaway line they stuck in when they originally wrote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Very poor ending. The first time the series felt totally unrealistic. Kim's behavior especially. Almost like they tried too hard as it was the finale of the series

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

While I broadly agree that Kim's turnaround seems out of place, I think it's important to note that Jimmy also thinks it's out of place. He's shocked by it too which means it's not expected and it is worryingly out of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Didn't realise that was the finale - thought this was the last season! Enjoyed it though.

I thought I knew what was going on in Kim's head... every time Jimmy did something morally abhorrent and Kim had that expression on her face like she was slowly seeing who he really was, I thought she was getting one more step closer to leaving him. Turns out she liked what she saw?

Hard to square that with how she seemed to be going the opposite direction in the other part of her life, leaving the soulless corporate job and taking on the pro-bono clients. We'll see how it goes I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭deisedude

Standman wrote: »
    Didn't realise that was the finale - thought this was the last season! Enjoyed it though.

I thought I knew what was going on in Kim's head... every time Jimmy did something morally abhorrent and Kim had that expression on her face like she was slowly seeing who he really was, I thought she was getting one more step closer to leaving him. Turns out she liked what she saw?

Hard to square that with how she seemed to be going the opposite direction in the other part of her life, leaving the soulless corporate job and taking on the pro-bono clients. We'll see how it goes I suppose.

I think she is trying to convince herself she is a good person by taking on these pro-bono clients.

Even the plot to destroy Howard is wrapped up in this cognitive dissonance that its ok for one man to suffer if she can setup a law firm helping the helpless and the Sandpiper residents.

I feel her transformation over the course of the series is almost like Macbeth. Changing from a good character at the start, does some bad things and is wracked by guilt to ultimately turning to an evil and wicked character

• Registered Users Posts: 67,074 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

ixoy wrote: »
    While I broadly agree that Kim's turnaround seems out of place, I think it's important to note that Jimmy also thinks it's out of place. He's shocked by it too which means it's not expected and it is worryingly out of character.

It's been clear that something has been eating Kim this whole series...I got what that was wrong. It doesn't make her endpoint unrealistic though...it fits perfectly with her many scenes of internalising 'something'. That the 'something' turned out to be a desire to put it to the man (Howard) was perfectly credible...she is still one of the most interesting, hard to get a handle on characters in this for me.

Great season, enjoyed every minute of it. Gutted I have to wait so long for the finale. My partner is just about to start from Season 1 for the first time...so so jealous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Some would say Kim is BCS's Walter White!
    Anyway some nice feeaurettes about the last episode and the season in general

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the old guy who would not move his house told her sone home truths, that to me started or accelerated her change..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I presume "the middle man" who ordered the hit was - is Mike?

I reckon after lalo takes out nacho, Mike will kill lalo and against the wishes of gus

Mike cares about nachos predicament and will feel guilty about his inevitable death

• Registered Users Posts: 67,074 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mad_maxx wrote: »

I reckon after lalo takes out nacho, Mike will kill lalo and against the wishes of gus

Mike cares about nachos predicament and will feel guilty about his inevitable death

Hmm..was Mike not seeking assurances off Gus that the job would be carried properly, in the scene outside the restaurant?
    I took it he had nothing to do with the hit actually, though could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

ixoy wrote: »

Exactly, which is why I still hope they wrap up her story next season. She's either losing the plot or is testing Jimmy.

I was kind of hoping that the finale would wrap (nearly) everything up and season 6 would be set in the post-Breaking Bad/b&w Cinnabon world (with some flashbacks to fill in details about Kim). I suppose I have time to go write some fan fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wanted more to happen with Kim this ep, wanted to see her next move, but I guess just like last year we didn't see Jimmy turn into Saul until this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Nothing will happen to Lalo.

In season 2 of Breaking Bad when Walt and Jessie bring Saul to the dessert Saul says "Lalo didn't send you?".

Now, that doesn't mean something could happen to him and Saul just doesn't find out, but it would kinda go against the writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary0345

After watching the season finali of Better call Saul I decided to watch breaking bad again and realised an overlap of the two programs.

In the first few minutes of of the first episode of BB during Walts 50th birthday party, Hank sticks on the news and he's being interviewed for putting 3 lads in cuffs and siezing about 700k, this is the same time line as better Call Saul episode s05e04 where it shows hank and gomez chasing them down

😯😯😯

• Registered Users Posts: 33,295 ✭✭✭✭Penn

chops018 wrote: »
    Nothing will happen to Lalo.

In season 2 of Breaking Bad when Walt and Jessie bring Saul to the dessert Saul says "Lalo didn't send you?".

Now, that doesn't mean something could happen to him and Saul just doesn't find out, but it would kinda go against the writing.

Well when Gus is taunting Hector a few seasons later, he tells him that all the Salamancas are dead. One of either Hector's nephews or grandsons was killed in the assault on Don Eladio's house, so Gus taunting Hector after that would suggest that guy was Hector's last relative (or at least last one involved in the Cartel).

That would suggest Gus knows Lalo is dead. Now I guess it could be suggested that Lalo is presumed dead at the end of this season, but I think it's unlikely Gus wouldn't find out Lalo is still alive during the course of next season considering Lalo will be on the warpath whereas Saul will obviously find out he's still alive. So I'd say the most likely explanation is everyone finds out Lalo is still alive next season, but by the end of it, Gus kills Lalo but Saul doesn't know about it (as he's still a bit removed from the war between Gus and Lalo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Penn wrote: »
    Well when Gus is taunting Hector a few seasons later, he tells him that all the Salamancas are dead. One of either Hector's nephews or grandsons was killed in the assault on Don Eladio's house, so Gus taunting Hector after that would suggest that guy was Hector's last relative (or at least last one involved in the Cartel).

That would suggest Gus knows Lalo is dead. Now I guess it could be suggested that Lalo is presumed dead at the end of this season, but I think it's unlikely Gus wouldn't find out Lalo is still alive during the course of next season considering Lalo will be on the warpath whereas Saul will obviously find out he's still alive. So I'd say the most likely explanation is everyone finds out Lalo is still alive next season, but by the end of it, Gus kills Lalo but Saul doesn't know about it (as he's still a bit removed from the war between Gus and Lalo).

Maybe in S6 Lalo is killed buy Gus does not tell Saul so he can keep him 'onside'. "I am protecting you from Lalo Salamanca, work for me or that protection stops"

Advertisement