Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall Of Fame 2020

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This day last year he was in a battle with our very own Scotty Davis!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Monokne wrote: »
    Will be cool to see Liger get his round of applause, whenever it comes.

I was about to say it'll be a quiet enough round of applause if controlling crowd numbers, then remembered last year. They'll be happy to not have the public attend after the attack on Bret

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was about to say it'll be a quiet enough round of applause if controlling crowd numbers, then remembered last year. They'll be happy to not have the public attend after the attack on Bret

I am sure they'll just do it whenever Wrestlemania happens. That's a $1 million + live gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,301 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The HoF could be added to Summerslam or Survivor Series weekends if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The HoF could be added to Summerslam or Survivor Series weekends if they wanted to.

Of course. But why would they move it?

They will move a lot more tickets when you have all the fly ins. Summerslam and Survivor Series weekend, they will struggle to sell out Raw, Takeover and Smackdown either side of them without the 20,000+ european fans etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

According to a WrestleTalk report I just saw moving it to a later date like SummerSlam wknd is exactly what they're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Of course. But why would they move it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well during the nineties before it was a big thing before it was brought back it was around summerslam time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

According to a WrestleTalk report I just saw moving it to a later date like SummerSlam wknd is exactly what they're doing.

The Bulldogs daughter tweeted she was talking with WWE and it could possibly be postponed until Summer Slam weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Did they ever announce when this will go ahead.

• Advertisement

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    Undertaker
    Rock
    HHH
    Lesnar
    Jericho
    Cena
    Orton
    Punk
    Mysterio
    Shield members
    The Hardyz
    Vince himself

Thats over 10 years of potential headline inductees all off the top of my head. There's way more. They're far from running out.

It'll not be long before it gets to the stage where you'd be quicker naming the people that aren't in the hall of fame.

They definitely have plenty of headliners left but it'll definitely lose its credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,301 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Model Rick Martel must be one for the few bigish names from that time period in the WWF that isn't in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Model Rick Martel must be one for the few bigish names from that time period in the WWF that isn't in.

I'd love to know why he isn't as unless he was part of the concussion lawsuit and that stopped him during that time but even before that he surely deserved to go in during they put in guys of his era.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

It'll not be long before it gets to the stage where you'd be quicker naming the people that aren't in the hall of fame.

That is true, and that is as a result of them inducting 7 or 8 different guys/gals per year for nearly 15 years. It would be better if they restricted the number to two males and one female, and a 'warrior award' type inducted per year, but they've opened the floodgates with the likes of Koko B Ware and Godfather etc.

The celebrity wing I could take it or leave it as well.

Advertisement