Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall Of Fame 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,307 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mickie James could go in.

Gail Kim deserves to go in but that won't happen for a long while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I understand the reasoning behind Owen not been in it, but just a shame he can't be inducted as he was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So for some reason they announce the inductees this early and they don't even have the whole video to go with them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So for some reason they announce the inductees this early and they don't even have the whole video to go with them

I literally just saw the names and assumed there were the usual videos with the blue background. That interesting. For a company that is so good at video and all that you'd wonder why there weren't any. Also, aren't they normally rolled out after the rumble ? It's December so why are we getting two big names in December ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was reading the tickets for the HoF go on sale next week, which explains the early headliners announcement

Jim Cornette should be in it.

But he will have to wait a bit.....how long did Hogan wait to get back into the Universe after he learned from his error in judgement.

What did Cornette do/say?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

How about Leilani Kai for the women? She was the B to Wendi Richter's A in the mid '80s WWE?
    What did Cornette do/say?

Made an outdated offcolor joke on commentary for NWA Powerr.

The Bella's will get a headline when their time comes more so to do with the reality shows they helped create for the WWE.

The Bella's will get a headline when their time comes more so to do with the reality shows they helped create for the WWE.

And you're not joking either. I mean surely it shouldn't be a bloody free for all.

• Advertisement

Layla should also go in.

Probably with Michelle McCool as LayCool.

Miss Elizabeth

Layla should also go in.

Probably with Michelle McCool as LayCool.

Yeah I agree with those shouts. When you go back and rewatch Michelle McCool in the ring she actually good. I seem to remember her return at the women's royal rumble as being more than positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,105 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess this means Undertaker won't be in next year.
    The Rock must be due an entry now he says he's retired

I thought they would be in before Batista

Is Victoria in, surely she has to be a contender too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought they would be in before Batista

Is Victoria in, surely she has to be a contender too

No Victoria isn't and it doesn't seem like she's on WWEs good list either which I find nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bulldog rumoured to be the next announced inductee

Yes they're going in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't want to be mean, the Hall of Fame in itself is a joke so the Bellas going in isn't going to make it any more of a joke, but for me they are the pinnacle of entering this industry with no particular talent yet nonetheless make an absolute killing out of it.

Let's face it; if there was "just" Brie or "just" Nikki they would have been forgotten about a long time ago. Nikki did alright but no better than the likes of Eve Torres, Candace and Kelly Kelly, and the company forgot about them a long time ago bar the odd nostalgia appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Paul Orndorff once said:

"Decent payday. Nice meal. Cheap plaque that I left at the hotel" - (according to honky tonk man on a shoot) Orndorff clearly wasn't a fan lol :pac: but then again all sh*t talk as he still accepted and went in.

The hall of fame is BS. But... It is a chance for a wrestler to relive former glory for a night. If they are an active wrestler on the way out on the Indies it will bump up their pay. If they don't wrestle but sell their gimmicks on the circuit it'll bump up that too.

I don't want to be mean, the Hall of Fame in itself is a joke so the Bellas going in isn't going to make it any more of a joke, but for me they are the pinnacle of entering this industry with no particular talent yet nonetheless make an absolute killing out of it.

Let's face it; if there was "just" Brie or "just" Nikki they would have been forgotten about a long time ago. Nikki did alright but no better than the likes of Eve Torres, Candace and Kelly Kelly, and the company forgot about them a long time ago bar the odd nostalgia appearance.

Bit harsh on Nikki. I think she's much better than any of the aforementioned ever were...combined.

JBL also this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,803 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    JBL also this year

I suppose he does deserve his place his transformation from a tough guy to the JBL character was amazing and he was a decent commentator.

Back in late 90s/early 00s you would never guessed Bradsaw would turn into that

His backstage bullying reputation is a black mark for him but a good few in the HOF have there own discretions

Damn The Blue Meanie and Mauro to induct him.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Bulldog rumoured to be the next announced inductee

Yes now confirmed, Davey Boy Smith will be inducted

Kind of surprised they are not putting the Bulldogs in together posthumously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Great to see the bulldog go in. Really was hopeful Haku might get in this year though...

Kind of surprised they are not putting the Bulldogs in together posthumously.

Bulldog's daughter said on Twitter that Dynamite was offered a HOF place many times and turned it down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Bulldog's daughter said on Twitter that Dynamite was offered a HOF place many times and turned it down

I don't mean to call anyone a liar but...

I can't buy that for a second. When you think of how badly they try and avoid negative PR, the idea that they offered this crippled old wrestler famed for being abusive & drug addled a spot before Davey is madness. Also, if they wanted him in that bad, they could have just put him in after he was gone like they did Savage. Or they could just put him in with Davey.

Perhaps she isn't lying though. Maybe Dynamite told her that and he was lying. Either way, doesn't pass the smell test does it?

Monokne wrote: »
    I don't mean to call anyone a liar but...

I can't buy that for a second. When you think of how badly they try and avoid negative PR, the idea that they offered this crippled old wrestler famed for being abusive & drug addled a spot before Davey is madness. Also, if they wanted him in that bad, they could have just put him in after he was gone like they did Savage. Or they could just put him in with Davey.

Perhaps she isn't lying though. Maybe Dynamite told her that and he was lying. Either way, doesn't pass the smell test does it?

Ya, I'd say thats what he was telling people, but I'd be surprised myself if he was offered a place. Tom Billington is hardly held in the highest regard by WWE. For all intents and purposes, he was a bitter, twisted bully of a man

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jushin "Thunder" Liger, is the newest inductee.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1239434974685581312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Will be cool to see Liger get his round of applause, whenever it comes.

Advertisement