Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Yeah, she is a good looking lady.

“Lady?”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    “Lady?”

Are you saying she used to be a man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I have thought about this so many times, so glad there are a lot of other people out there thinks Jason Byrne isn't funny.

Genuine question. How is it people like JB get themselves into these positions of prominence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I have thought about this so many times, so glad there are a lot of other people out there thinks Jason Byrne isn't funny.

Genuine question. How is it people like JB get themselves into these positions of prominence?

cheap, willing to show up on any show, not going to be raided by UK shows, hang around in the RTE canteen,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

cheap, willing to show up on any show, not going to be raided by UK shows, hang around in the RTE canteen,

Are you joking or serious?

• Advertisement

Some of the funny men on here should pool their resources and put on a comedy show themselves for charity. They can show the fraudsters how it’s done and raise money for a good cause while they’re at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Some of the funny men on here should pool their resources and put on a comedy show themselves for charity. They can show the fraudsters how it’s done and raise money for a good cause while they’re at it.

That’s actually a good idea, Woke. I’d pay a few quid for some edgy fresh homegrown comedy. Like an open mic night for After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

the day I put myself out there and declare myself as a professional footballer and get nutmegged and fall my on my ass by a 50 year old obese sunday leaguer is the day I will pack in my 'professional' footballing and gladly take the very deserved abuse for putting myself out there as one in the first place.

Understand the analogy and just how idiotic your post is?

That’s actually a good idea, Woke. I’d pay a few quid for some edgy fresh homegrown comedy. Like an open mic night for After Hours.

Thanks, Johnny.

I wouldn’t go in case some of the lunatics who follow me around from discussion to discussion on here came at me with a knife but I would definitely watch it on the internet and donate some money towards it.

Thanks, Johnny.

I wouldn’t go in case some of the lunatics who follow me around from discussion to discussion on here came at me with a knife but I would definitely watch it on the internet and donate some money towards it.

Ara you wouldn’t even have to have all of them showing their face or anything. Just some new Irish comedy talent bringing some laughter to our lives, and all for a good cause.

• Advertisement

Ara you wouldn’t even have to have all of them showing their face or anything. Just some new Irish comedy talent bringing some laughter to our lives, and all for a good cause.

It can be called “Lessons in Comedy with the stars of boards.ie” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

“Lady?”

Sure you were defending Spittle a few pages back now you're making disparaging remarks about this lady's looks. :confused:

Make up your mind Woke, or a least have your Johnnyflash account take the opposing side and leave it at that.

Sure you were defending Spittle a few pages back now you're making disparaging remarks about this lady's looks. :confused:

Make up your mind Woke, or a least have your Johnnyflash account take the opposing side and leave it at that.
    What are you talking about, I have no idea what that person even looks like.

It's pathetic stuff, himself, woke and emmet, whether they are the same person matters little, the tag teaming and the relentless post count is sad stuff. Yer man flash claims hes this top notch business man millionaire and has declared himself a "boards legend" on the dump taking thread. sad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Andrew maxwell is awful irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Andrew maxwell is awful irritating

He was a whiny little brat on I'm a Celeb.

How can someone who's a 'comedian' be so whiny and unfunny?

I was wondering why I couldn't find a single clip of Joanne McNally's standup.
    Even if she appears on a tv show, they never show her standup.

Then I found this... Jesus, it's bad. :eek:

She's got the voice of a math's teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

Bridget & Eamonn win the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

He's unfunny because he's a bad comedian and whiny because clearly he's bit of a tit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i think he had a strategy on jungle but nobody bought it

• Advertisement

Which Irish comedians do you find funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Male ones who “tell it like it is”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Genuinely never heard of her but the accent is all over the place, slips into posh and skanger Dublin, she can't hold whichever one is the fake one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

razorblunt wrote: »
    Genuinely never heard of her but the accent is all over the place, slips into posh and skanger Dublin, she can't hold whichever one is the fake one.

Terrible
    Not funny
    Horrible accent
    notions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Jason Byrne
    Alison Spittle
    Maeve Higgins
    Des Bishop
    Pat Shortt
    Andrew Maxwell
    Ed Byrne
    Dara O Briain
    PJ Gallagher
    Other

I wouldn't pay to see any of these. Pat Shortt had his time and was funny but never really evolved past his one trick.
    As for the rest - they all belong on Dave.

Male ones who “tell it like it is”.

Quoting you both because I believe you're the same person.

Irish comedians? Very few. None that spring to mind tbh.

I find the whole 'ha, I'm Irish... tayto crisps, drunk, hungover, leaving on the immersion'... etc etc boring. It's all Rinse and repeat.
    Comedy I like tends to tackle all the regular 'human' stuff.
    Comics I like aren't Irish, tbh. I like Taylor Tomlinson. I think Daniel Sloss can be funny. Dave Chappelle I like. Kathleen Madigan is really good too.

I think Irish comedians need to do better frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

mattser wrote: »
    Bridget & Eamonn win the gold.

I can’t for the life of me understand how that was commissioned.

Quoting you both because I believe you're the same person.

My take, I think one follows the other around quite pathetically. One tries too hard to entertain and the other, for some bizarre reason tries to impress a username on a forum, jumping at any opportunity to beat the misogyny drum (see above) as flash sees himself as some knight in shining armour at times that suits him. It's car crash stuff seeing one post some pile of muck and a minute later has his understudy in to "validate his thoughts" on the dump taking process and whatever else current affairs pro FG non-issue he sees vital to comment on.

My take, I think one follows the other around quite pathetically. One tries too hard to entertain and the other, for some bizarre reason tries to impress a username on a forum, jumping at any opportunity to beat the misogyny drum (see above) as flash sees himself as some knight in shining armour at times that suits him. It's car crash stuff seeing one post some pile of muck and a minute later has his understudy in to "validate his thoughts" on the dump taking process and whatever else current affairs pro FG non-issue he sees vital to comment on.

Haha, living rent free inside your head, pal!

Dry your eyes mate. Stop taking stuff so seriously. Chill.

• Advertisement

Haha, living rent free inside your head, pal!

Dry your eyes mate.

jesus, the 'living rent free in your head' is getting a bit tedious no? which did you pick it up from the obama or trump meme's?

the 'dry your eyes mate'

'mate' i genuinely feel sorry for you, you are on this forum 24/7, self-declare yourself as a boards 'legend' whatever that is. yet spend a heap of your time saying people get too upset on this and spend too much time on it. look at your post count...pathetic.

glad i rattled your cage though ;)

Advertisement